d'Arc.LP
post Sep 14 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

MILAN-AUXERRE: THE ROSSONERI SQUAD
9/14/2010
MILANELLO – Massimiliano Allegri named the following 19 players for Milan’s Champions League match against Auxerre:
Abbiati, Amelia, Roma, Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Zambrotta, Yepes, Abate, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho.
Unavailable: Thiago Silva, Flamini.
Not called up: Jankulovski, Oddo,

Milan's possible formation :

Abbiati

Zambrotta – Nesta – Bonera – Antonini

Seedorf – Pirlo – Ambrosini

Pato – Ronaldinho

Ibrahimovic

Bench: Amelia, Yepes, Abate, Gattuso, Boateng, Robinho and Inzaghi

source
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 14 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #32

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

new line up according to call ups:

--------abbiati----
abate-nesta-bonera-antonini

seedorf----pirlo---ambrosini---

Pato------Ibra-------dinho

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 14 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 14 2010, 10:36 PM) *
new line up according to call ups:

--------abbiati----
abate-nesta-bonera-antonini

seedorf----pirlo---ambrosini---

Pato------Ibra-------dinho

Why Abate over Zambrotta when we know that Zambrotta is full fit ?

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 14 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

hasn't played a game yet. CL games aren't games you throw players who are coming off their injuries unless you have no other choice.

We have other choices. Bonera/abate

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 14 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #35

Allievi Nazionali

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has warned his side not to take Auxerre lightly in their Champions League encounter on Wednesday.

Milan are coming off a shock 2-0 defeat to Cesena but Allegri believes his men are in good spirits ahead of the Group G clash against the French outfit.

"Our morale is high; we have talked a lot and analysed the game at Cesena," said Allegri, according to Uefa.com. "It was a strange game, we didn't play well. Of course, as many have said, you always expect something more from a team like Milan.

"My players tried their best, we had a couple of chances in the first half, made two or three mistakes, and I'm sure those are mistakes we aren't going to make again."

The Milan tactician continued, "I haven't had the chance to watch an Auxerre game live, but I viewed their two play-off matches in the summer and their league game against Monaco. Against Monaco, although they lost, they had many chances.

"So we have to be careful, because Auxerre have quick players, both up front and on the flanks. It's not going to be an easy game for sure, we must not make mistakes – especially our defenders."

In the other game in the group on Wednesday, Spanish giants Real Madrid welcome Ajax to the Bernabeu.

goal.com

the boss has spoken

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 15 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

My predictions:

Milan 3-1 Auxerre

Madrid 1-0 Ajax

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Sep 15 2010, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 15 2010, 03:16 AM
Post #37

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

As expected, Thiago Silva has not recovered for Milan’s Champions League game with Auxerre, but Alessandro Nesta and Clarence Seedorf return.
The Brazilian defender limped off during half-time in Saturday’s 2-0 Serie A defeat to Cesena and is not even in the squad for tomorrow’s match.

Nesta does return after his injury and should partner Daniele Bonera at centre-back, leaving Gianluca Zambrotta and Luca Antonini on the flanks.

Seedorf also missed the Cesena tie and is available again, but Mathieu Flamini remains sidelined and is joined on the treatment table by Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri is expected to stick with the trident of Alexandre Pato, Ronaldinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Robinho and Pippo Inzaghi find their place on the bench to begin with.

Milan squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma, Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Zambrotta, Yepes, Abate, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho

Link: http://football-italia.net/sep14v.html

I didn't even realize Sokratis was now injured as well... *sigh* seems like our injury blight has returned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 15 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #38

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Yes. It would seem that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Starting Yepes and Nesta would make it a rather slow backline. But is Bonera that much faster than Mario?

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Sep 15 2010, 06:44 AM
Post #39

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

Mario doesn't seem half bad... I'd say give him a chance. Bonera played a full match just three days ago, Yepes is well rested. I hope Zambro is fully fit.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 15 2010, 06:55 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

I want to see Ibra playing the withdrawn forward role. Let Pato play CF. No offence, but that boy doesn't seem to be too much of a wily, crafty, creative genius. He's a direct forward.

Let's not make a drag racer run on the Monaco circuit.

EDIT: From the official site- the press conference:

Milan’s pre-game press conference was held this afternoon. Coach Massimiliano Allegri and Alexandre Pato responded to the journlists’ question. The coach: "It's not right to criticize Ibrahimovic"

MILANELLO – Massimiliano Allegri and Alexandro Pato were the protagonists of today’s press conference at Milanello, held the day before Milan’s Champions League opener against Auxerre.

Coach Allegri’s first statements: "Auxerre is a team which defends very well, especially in away matches, therefore we’ll have to play well. Our mood is good, we had a discussion and analyzed our match played against Cesena. It was a strange game, we didn’t play well, but neither poorly, as it was said, even though it's normal that Milan is always expected to do well. The team tried to give its best, as we had chances in the first half, however, we made some mistakes on two or three occasions, but I’m sure we won’t repeat them. Auxerre? I didn’t have the possibility to watch them play live, but I saw their matches in the preliminaries against Zenit and their championship game against Monaco. Even though they lost against the latter, Auxerre had some quality scoring chances. We’ll have to pay attention, as they have quick players up-front as well as on the wings. It will be all but an easy match, we’ll have to avoid making mistakes in defence."

What Pato had to say about the French side: "It will be a difficult match, it’s no coincidence they eliminated Zenit in the preliminaries. We are ready for a great match, we have to listen to our coach and do what he asks from us during training sessions. They are dangerous.”

Allegri continued: "I believe that the week leading up to the match against Cesena was a particular one, as previously we beat Lecce in convincing fashion, then the arrivals of Ibra and Robinho gave us even more of a lift, but we couldn’t work all together because of the international break. All this made it difficult for the new players to fit in with the team, especially for Ibra, who started against Cesena. We have to learn from that match, that in order to win, it’s fundemental to have full respect for your opponents, especially in Italy, where the smaller teams play with a lot of enthusiasm at the beginning of the championship, thus creating problems for the stronger clubs. If you don’t pay enough attention when you’re playing less well, it’s difficult to win. We can’t have the presumption of winning the championship by playing spectacular football in every game. It’s important to be able to win even when you don’t play particularly well. A great example of this was Roma in the last few years, when they always played wonderfully, but didn’t manage to win those matches in which they didn’t play so well. Of course, I would like the team to play spectacularly and win always 2-0 or 3-0, but it’s not possible. We made serious mistakes before the goals Cesena scored. We should have avoided especially the second one, as the match could have gonein a different direction, if we would have been only one goal down at half-time. Therefore the team has to pay more attention during the games. The problem against Cesena was maybe our excessive will to equalise as soon as possible. I repeat that our match on Saturday was a strange one, Cesena were compact and we weren’t quick enough in our offensive movements. Seedorf is an important player for Milan, just like the others, he’s got great charachter and splendid technique, he’s a different kind of player compared to Gattuso and Ambrosini."

Then it was Pato’s turn again, who talked about his goals ruled out int he match against Cesena: "You’ve seen it too, I scored, I did my job, now I only have to think about tomorrow’s game. Since I’ve been at Milan, I’ve always dreamt of playing in the Champions League final and winning the trophy. This year, I believe we can do it, like I’ve always did. I want to win it and I’m sure we’ll succeed. After our match against Lecce we were all pleased, unlike after the game against Cesena, but now we have to think only about Auxerre, we’ll have to play a great game tomorrow.”

Coach Allegri concluded the press conference with the following words: "Thiago Silva will undergo some tests today and I’ll make a decision on whether to name him for tomorrow’s game or not, based on his condition. The favourite to win the group? Real Madrid and us have the same chances, 50%-50%. We are going for the first place. I’ll field Ibrahimovic, unless something happens to him in today’s training. I think it’s not right to criticize him, he played for us after only one training session with the squad, and anyway, he worked hard for the team. The only question is whether Thiago Silva would be available. If everyone does his job, Milan can afford three forwards in the team at the same time. Tomorrow? I’ll be excited, I can’t deny it, but we are all focused to do well. This team has great potential and could achieve important objectives. In Cesena our game based on keeping the ball on the ground failed, therefore we started making crosses also because of their full-back Nagatomo, who is not particularly tall, but without much success. When we conceded the first goal, seven players of ours defended against four of them. The beauty of the game is this: football is strange. The refereeing? The club has a great management, they’ll take care of these issues. I can only wish that next time these errors will favour us.

The salient points that echo my own are bolded. Except for the last sentence. Looks like he's saying stop letting Moratti pressure the refs..and do some pressuring on your own Mr. G. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 15 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 14 2010, 11:02 PM) *
My predictions:

Milan 3-1 Auxerre

Madrid 1-0 Ajax

Milan 3-0 Auxerre

Madrid 1-2 Ajax

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Sep 15 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #42

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 15 2010, 06:24 PM) *
Milan 3-0 Auxerre

Madrid 1-2 Ajax

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

I'm hoping for a good thumping like 5 - 0.

And i don't think Madrid will lose at home,maybe draw.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 15 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 15 2010, 08:56 AM) *
I'm hoping for a good thumping like 5 - 0.

And i don't think Madrid will lose at home,maybe draw.

A draw would be perfect for us, but I think they're going to fail.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 15 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #44

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2010, 09:25 AM) *
I want to see Ibra playing the withdrawn forward role. Let Pato play CF. No offence, but that boy doesn't seem to be too much of a wily, crafty, creative genius. He's a direct forward.

Let's not make a drag racer run on the Monaco circuit.

You know.. I agree. I always say I want to see Pato play a Ronaldo (the original) type of role. he's a genius at putting the ball in the back of the net more than anything.

But that "no offense, but" bit gives your post an unpleasant tone. like you exactly mean it as an offense or something! can't blame you though, you've found a new darling in Zlatan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 15 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

No it's just that I was worried some people would assume that I think anyone who's not a creative, crafty genius with vision who can make long/short assists ALONG with running at the speed of light while beating their man with a gazillion tricks is a sub-standard footballer.

You're right though. I'm probably not as big a fan as you are because I kept thinking of him as our new Sheva and expect the same standards, the same style of play. I think he can't be that way, despite my mental conditioning to the #7 shirt. We should accept that his strengths tend to be towards being a primo punta and maybe play him there.

The downside is we might be throwing away any chance of him developing his band of capabilities and turn into a one-dimensional pacy striker. Look at Drogba, he's primarily a frontman, but his contributions recently have become so varied. Can Pato expand on a parallel? Become much more than just a goalscorer?

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:42 PM