> Kaka rejects world record bid from Man City

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 15 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #31

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I knew it was gonna come up. Are you saying it was successful? How many times do you take the name of 'Real Madrid galaticos' in respect? Compare your Madrid Galaticos to Gli Invincibli or Gli Immortali (Capello and Sacchi respectively) and then consider your success parameters. The Galaticos or more precisely the Zidanes e Pavones philosophy was a failure, and it's taken Madrid quite some time to recover from it. It even led the Prez to lose the election.

Take a look at that period again. I'd assume it began with Perez's election. So from July 2000, then for the next 3 years, it was a succesful outfit. The damage afterwards cannot be underestimated. kurt already posted the link which shows the debt Real Madrid is in. (It's not equivalent to the bankruptcy coz they have the assets to match).

If you consider a successful club project as 3 years, then that's fine. I don't. A project must succesfully take a club to a new level of success and keep it there. For instance, I consider the Randy Lerner-MON project to be a success. From a mid-table team Villa are now definitely CL position contenders and don't look likely to fall off unless they stand still while their competition takes huge leaps (unlikely but possible). I consider Arsenal V1 to be a succesful project. Arsenal from a top club became title contenders. Arsenal v2 on the other hand, despite Wenger's assurance it is a work in progress doesn't look to me to be happening. I hope you get what I'm saying. BUT they haven't fallen from the perch completely, so it's not a disastrous venture either.

So as an experiment the Galaticos failed, coz Madrid just fell from the heights they achieved.

Milan from Sacchi went to the Capello era. Of course what happened afterwards was chaos, but that was a different story with different reasons.

Onto Chelsea,I don't think Abramovich, just wanted to win immediately and then stop. He wanted it to continue. In fact he wanted all the things Silvio achieved with the AC Milan takeover, but he went about it the wrong way.

I fear Manchester City are making the same mistake. Sadly I think the problem is the manager. He doesn't have the cred to attract top players. He'll need to drag the club to the top with the players he's got and then go for the big names. Money alone won't suffice, you have to guarantee success too.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Jan 15 2009, 11:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 15 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

DON'T SELL RICKY!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 15 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #33

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Don't mistake 'respect' for 'success'. you said 'successful', I brought up the Galacticos Madrid because they were successful, i.e. they won everything! (and.. made a lot of $$$ as well)

And after all, didn't Milan, too, enter a dark period after Capello in late 90's? didn't Milan fall as well? (hell, we are in a dark period right now! Madrid never failed to reach a CL spot after Galacticos era!)

The only difference I see is that our big money project lasted a couple of more years.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Jan 15 2009, 12:34 PM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 15 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 11:25 AM) *
Don't mistake 'respect' for 'success'. you said 'successful', I brought up the Galacticos Madrid because they were successful, i.e. they won everything! (and.. made a lot of $$$ as well)

And after all, didn't Milan, too, enter a dark period after Capello in late 90's? didn't Milan fall as well? (hell, we are in a dark period right now! Madrid never failed to reach a CL spot after Galacticos era!)

The only difference I see is that our big money project lasted a couple of more years.

IIRC madrid only started making the big money when Beckham signed for them.

And yes we did have a dark period because we didn't continue buying for the future when things were going well(can you see a similarity?). Instead we tried buying the entire Ajax team expecting instant success (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

mallamkay
post Jan 15 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #35

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,145

am glad Kaka wants to stay but i wonder if it wuld be better for us if he leaves

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 15 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #36

Primavera

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 15 2009, 03:26 PM) *
IIRC madrid only started making the big money when Beckham signed for them.

Are you telling me Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo didn't make big money for Real? I would never believe that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 15 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #37

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Are you telling me Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo didn't make big money for Real? I would never believe that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Their money just paid the debts, but when Becks signed they became the second highest earning club behind Manu IIRC

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 15 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #38

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (mallamkay @ Jan 15 2009, 12:36 PM) *
am glad Kaka wants to stay but i wonder if it wuld be better for us if he leaves

IMO we shouldn't sell Ricky for any amount of money as there is no one to replace him. Without him we are one dimensional.

My dream is for man s*itty to buy R80 for £25m and Dida for £5m and we could throw Emmerson in for free (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 15 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City Withdraw Bid For Milan's Kaka?

Sky Sports News reports that Manchester City have withdrawn their bid for Milan's Brazilian superstar Kaka.
The potential transfer has been gathering steam, but now appears to have hit a road block.

More to follow...

Can we all in the words of Bluey STFU now? Yup, it hit a road block. It was Milan flipping the bird. Now I hope we shall stop cursing Galliani over this topic at least?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 15 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #40

Primavera

Captain, this "City withdraw" news came before the "City have not withdrawn yet" news.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 15 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Really? I presumed it was new. Since goal.com, just put it out.

Either case I'm not worried. This was the same City who said Ronaldinho was very very interested in their project when Milan was bidding.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 15 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #42

Primavera

Agreed. nothing's going to happen right now. I will worry about it in the summer. especially if Man City make it to the European football (EDIT: and we somehow fail to reach the CL again! the odds are very slim, but it's not impossible)

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Jan 15 2009, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 15 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

+1

Beyond a point, no one is unselleable.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jan 15 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (mallamkay @ Jan 15 2009, 06:36 AM) *

is this a serious post?

or is there suppose to be some sort of sarcasm pouring off of this post?

selling Kaka, right now, would be the stupidest thing this club has ever done.

on any given weekend is one of the top 5 players in the world, our fans love him, he loves Milan and he's an overall good face to have for our team. what advantage would there be in getting rid of him?

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Jan 15 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #45

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,757

Ricky is too important to Milan, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure he'll stay for the time being but Milan must pull their socks up and start being the Milan that I knew, the Milan that was feared throughout Europe, the Milan that is breathtaking to watch - I mean playing well, not losing my breath hyperventilating because Emerzero is on the ball! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

54 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:05 PM