> Don Silvio ends title dream

acid911
post Dec 16 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 17 2008, 02:33 AM) *
C'mon, it's friggin' DECEMBER. Anything can still happen, one injury to Zlatan and Inter will be in biig trouble.

+1. Or Cambiasso. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) I still haven't lost all hopes. Almost all, but not all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 17 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #17

Berretti

QUOTE (mishie @ Dec 17 2008, 03:16 AM) *
but i still see this as a little nudge towards Mr.Anchelotti saying time is running out unless you improve

There is nothing to improve. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif) Ancelotti is a fine and dandy coach and tactician, provided he leaves his stubbornness and old habits out the door. Not to mention his favoritism and elitist attitude, which hurts Milan the club. Other than that, there is nothing to improve, he has experience, he's tasted victories and bitter defeats.

But I get your drift. And agree with it. I recall Mr. B giving Carlo till Christmas. And by golly, Christmas is here!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 17 2008, 01:07 AM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I agree mishie.

Don't see this season as a golden oppotunity. There be more of them. After finishing 5th, now swanking from 2nd to 4th isn't that bad. Let's wait up and see how we can reinforce our defense.

And don't forget, we really miss ou key defender here.

+Quote Post

dst
post Dec 17 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

This way of thinking (relying on an opponent's injury to get back in the race) does not befit a big club! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 17 2008, 01:49 AM
Post #20

Berretti

I want to agree with you, Sim. But I'd hardly call this an improvement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) All this could have been avoided if Carlo didn't insist on sticking to his stubborn tactics and motivated the team. Seriously, spending 100s of millions to get this team and finishing like this is no improvement. Before the start of the season, I really had high hopes for both titles, because I knew we could have won them.

There are lots of issues I can probably burst about (as being a fan and stakeholder I have every right too) but I'll keep it to this: All of this could have been avoided had management showed some guts to invest in younger, motivated players instead of had-beens, someone better (and more attacking) than Carlo was our coach, or we did not have so many injuries and/or out of form players. Any one of those going in our favor we could have still been a point or two ahead of inter. Particularly the Carlo part. You finish 4th and 5th with a team like Milan and you're still at the helm, means you're one lucky son of a gun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) Sometimes I wish I was Carlo.

PS. I'm not bashing him, I respect what he's done for us, and maybe, just maybe there's time for some new tactics at the top. 7 years is a might good time. Mighty good time, I'd say. Thanks for the memories, coach, and see you some other time.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 17 2008, 01:51 AM
Post #21

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Dec 17 2008, 05:48 AM) *
This way of thinking (relying on an opponent's injury to get back in the race) does not befit a big club!

Exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headphone.gif) Either we should accept we're not a big club, or stop making excuses befitting mid table teams. And I mean this like, seriously. From today. Everyone, whether they are Carlo, the support staff, the team, the fans, media, Galliani, shareholders, or Mr. B himself.

I mean not winning is one thing, showing a loser's attitude is completely another!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 17 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #22

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Yeah, this sounds like the kind of thing you say 1 month before giving your coach the dreaded vote of confidence. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

@acid911: Don't worry, it's the 7 year itch we're going through. From next season we'll be fine...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 17 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #23

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 17 2008, 06:34 AM) *
it's the 7 year itch we're going through. From next season we'll be fine...

Of course. especially since we'll be having a new coach and a couple of new faces. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 17 2008, 01:03 AM) *
C'mon, it's friggin' DECEMBER. Anything can still happen, one injury to Zlatan and Inter will be in biig trouble.

So what? the title race in Spain is already over and it's froggin' December in Spain too!

Even Berlu's accepted the defeat, let alone me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I wasn't all that hopeful even when we were in the 1st place, or when we were behind Inter by 1 point. now we're 9 points behind and we're showing no sings of improvement - if anything we've been on a downward spiral for some time.

(And to those who keep saying that the break will do us a good and that we'll improve etc. etc., I still can't figure out why it won't have the same effect for the other teams...)

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Dec 17 2008, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 17 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 17 2008, 01:49 AM) *
I want to agree with you, Sim. But I'd hardly call this an improvement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif) All this could have been avoided if Carlo didn't insist on sticking to his stubborn tactics and motivated the team. Seriously, spending 100s of millions to get this team and finishing like this is no improvement. Before the start of the season, I really had high hopes for both titles, because I knew we could have won them.

There are lots of issues I can probably burst about (as being a fan and stakeholder I have every right too) but I'll keep it to this: All of this could have been avoided had management showed some guts to invest in younger, motivated players instead of had-beens, someone better (and more attacking) than Carlo was our coach, or we did not have so many injuries and/or out of form players. Any one of those going in our favor we could have still been a point or two ahead of inter. Particularly the Carlo part. You finish 4th and 5th with a team like Milan and you're still at the helm, means you're one lucky son of a gun. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) Sometimes I wish I was Carlo.

PS. I'm not bashing him, I respect what he's done for us, and maybe, just maybe there's time for some new tactics at the top. 7 years is a might good time. Mighty good time, I'd say. Thanks for the memories, coach, and see you some other time.

Well, I mostly agree. But I understand that there is no better man to do the job and that Milan likes to play it safe - and I'm all for it. I don't need adventures like Tabarez or Terim. I'm rather watching this kind of Milan then the one does two presented. And yes, Pablo Garcia, who we mentioned in another topic belongs to that period as well.

As I see it nothing will change when 3 players leave. It would be cildish to think that after Kaladze, Favalli or Emerson leave things will improve; why would they?

a) Because the named 3 players are finished and play badly -- maybe yes! The again, every team has such a player, in German Sündenbock, someone who's hated by the fans and makes mistakes every now and then. But Kaladze is the king of those players! It's better to have a Milan-acostumed veteran in mistakes then a rookie. And okay, Emerson and Favalli will go. But they won't be replaced with WC players, you know? They'll be replaced with crappy players who maybe will even play the same amount of time like does two now, but do even worse. This goes especially for Favalli. Who can change Favalli? Pancaro? Zanchi? Candela? Naaah... Favalli has experience and we need such a player. He has unique characteristics as well. Emerson? I don't understand the patological fixation on him, but I understand of course that he isn't indispencable or not replacable.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Because we will get more motivated players -- baah,... If we agree to say Milan players seem to have motuvation problems that cannot be solved or that seem to be permanent, we don't have to bother selling Favalli and Emerson, I never expected them to be our motivation engine, let's sell Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka. IMO, and this will now sound bombastic, Kaka reached his peak anyway. That's why Ronaldinho is essential I belive. He is not killing Kaka. He's giving he a reason and the proper motivation to adapt and try find another career high. Without the Dinho challenge, what's there left? I've seen dozens of such challenges - like, can Del Piero and Totti play, can Mazzola and Rivera play, can Baggio and Zola play? Many failed in such challanges, some came up stronger then ever. Kaka isn't old, but he already did everything else? What can really be better then last season or the one before? Nothing. Except a pairing with Dinho. That's why I bless his signing.

It's just foolish to wait players leave and count that will make the situation better.

The coach is another question. We could have sacked Carlo many times. We did not. I respect that decision, and it is my intention to walk with him the whole path through, even if it takes me to nowhere and I end up deluded. I don't like leaving thins unfinished. I repeat, since we decided to stick with him, and no other realstic oppotunity simles at us now, I'm all for the coach.

This post has been edited by Fillipo Simone: Dec 17 2008, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 17 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #25

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Hee hee...you're officially my mouthpiece. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

xcube
post Dec 24 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #26

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 333

Well This statement is not helpful Don Silvi .... Your team can do it, u saw what milan look like against udinese

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 24 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #27

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (xcube @ Dec 24 2008, 03:56 PM) *
Well This statement is not helpful Don Silvi .... Your team can do it, u saw what milan look like against udinese

I believe those few words that he gave triggered Milan's performance against Udine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

oh and welcome back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Dec 24 2008, 07:48 PM

+Quote Post

xcube
post Dec 24 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #28

Pulcini 97

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 24 2008, 06:47 PM) *
oh and welcome back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Thanx Man good to be back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 24 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Indeed, good to have you here with us. Btw, where have you been all the time?

+Quote Post

xcube
post Dec 25 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #30

Pulcini 97

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Indeed, good to have you here with us. Btw, where have you been all the time?

Traveling alot and i just cant even watch milan games all of it just a couple of minutes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:01 AM