Zed.D
post Apr 17 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #1201

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 17 2009, 11:27 PM) *
I mean...gosh we're rigid!

A man makes 7 great seasons in a row at least and then stumbles a single season (with a very plausible explanation) and suddenly he's a gamble, or a question mark. So best choice is get a 17 year old keeper who had 1 good season, right?

What's the criteria we're using? Current form? Then please, buy Dzeko and Adebayor. He scored a lovely goal just recently.

So you think Buffon is worth 30m + Flamini ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 17 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #1202

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I think perhaps you may be being a bit harsh on Buffon, zeddie. (For the record, as stated above, no. I at least wouldn't pay 30m for him.)

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 17 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #1203

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,128

How many times would i say...i do not dislike old player...I only dislike the fact that we kept signing OLD players rather than young good players....Old players whether good or bad is still old...Everyone considers us a retirement home..We just kept signing old players...I do not hate old players rather just the fact of just signing ONLY old players...That's what i said...Common guys we aren't getting into an argument over this..We family maine, we just tryna make Milan a better team and constantly signing old players like in the past hasn't helped us much...I'm just saying that we should go for young players..We said we were going to sign players in the summer and all of a sudden people and even Milan fans automatically thought we will end up with Cannavaro cuz that's what we've been doing....If milan still wants to sign old talented players, good...but we must sign young talented players too and everyone should be given their chances..That's all i'm saying

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 17 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #1204

Token Girl
Group Icon

I am having a very hard time understanding the above post. What on earth is 'tryna' (for one)?

Kenny, your rant above is the same thing you've stated numerous times before - you don't like old players, you don't like that Milan signs old players - and I'm still calling you out on being a hypocrite because I don't recall you being upset when Ronaldinho (an aging player with a history of blowing off training) was signed.

I also think you are unreasonably and negatively biased against old players. 'Old whether good or bad is still old' is not exactly a compliment. 'Constantly signing old players hasn't helped us' - perhaps, perhaps not. The young players Leandro Grimi and Ricardo Oliveira weren't exactly great successes either. And I for one would take a healthy Nesta over a younger Senderos any day of the week.

You've also got a factual error in the 'we're signing cannavaro' thing. that's been pretty flatly denied and this time I think Galliani is telling the truth.

And this time I really AM going to stop responding because I think the whole argument is silly. If you want to expound your bias, feel free.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 17 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #1205

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 18 2009, 12:54 AM) *
I think perhaps you may be being a bit harsh on Buffon, zeddie. (For the record, as stated above, no. I at least wouldn't pay 30m for him.)

No, don't get me wrong. I love Buffon. I just think it's totally unreasonable (even if we're talking hypothetically) to pay 30m plus a player like Flamini for this Buffon. there's no guarantee that he will be back to his absolute best, is there?

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 17 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #1206

Giovanissimi Regionali B

lol...there's no prob Tennie, whatever Milan wants to do...Let them do!!! sign old players, young players...Me as a fan would just support....This argument is pointless..true.....We ain't signing these players, its Galliani's job...I ain't gon argue with u again Tennie... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 17 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #1207

Token Girl
Group Icon

No, there isn't. And yes, he's had an off season. I do agree about the 30m being way too much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Let citeh pay it. If the Gobbi were to consider accepting 30m for Chiellini, I'd probably be a little more tempted (and not just because Fishdoll is a fanboy).

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 17 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #1208

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 18 2009, 01:10 AM) *
Let citeh pay it. If the Gobbi were to consider accepting 30m for Chiellini, I'd probably be a little more tempted (and not just because Fishdoll is a fanboy).

That's my point! sign players when they're at their prime not when they're on the decline. we shouldn't have signed Dinho and hopefully we won't even think about going for Adriano.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 17 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #1209

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 17 2009, 08:53 PM) *
That's my point! sign players when they're at their prime not when they're on the decline. we shouldn't have signed Dinho and hopefully we won't even think about going for Adriano.

That's exactly what i was talking about...Not when they've won there is to win then years later they decide to come to Milan after they've played their hearts out..u just hit the nail on the head!!!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 17 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #1210

Token Girl
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 17 2009, 04:53 PM) *
we shouldn't have signed Dinho and hopefully we won't even think about going for Adriano.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Fishdoll is worried!

We're agreeing again, zeddie! Time for the twice-a-year agreement thing then or sommat?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 17 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #1211

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 18 2009, 01:32 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Fishdoll is worried!

We're agreeing again, zeddie! Time for the twice-a-year agreement thing then or sommat?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) No I guess that's something everyone would agree about. see kenny's post above (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Usually the prime years of football players is something between ~24-~30 (approximately). that's why some of us have been crying out for younger players because the age average of the squad is well above the standards. but then again, there are likes of Maldini, Del Piero, Inzaghi, etc. to show us the older ones can still play at high levels...

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 18 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #1212

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

LOL @ buffon 30 million price tag. No thanks, juve can keep him. Thats Casillas or Cesar's price tag. Buffon right now is worth 20 million MAXIMUM. And thats if were being generous.

Agree with kenny above. Milan need to sign players who are entering their prime and not players who are on the verge of an exit. Ronaldinho was a mistake, and I hope we have learned from it. Not everyone is going to turn out to be like rui costa or cafu where they can still play at the top level at their peaking age.

Dzeko is a good option, but lets be serious. If we want to have a serious chance next year, we need to spend the cash or at least sell/trade the players to be able to get them. We need a world class striker. Adebayor would suffice but were to cheap so we'll settle for less always. I'm expecting adriano.

For the centreback, lets sign mexes. If they don't get 4th, he is a perfect signing. But reality will be something cheaper.

both would cost us around 40-50 million euros. But thats what we need right now. Sell oddo to bayern, bring back gourcuff and abate. Sell Dida or kalac; sign marchetti. At least thats the way we should do things if we hope to start the season off correctly.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Apr 18 2009, 07:54 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 19 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #1213

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Buffon is the best italian keeper after Dino Zoff and I want him in Milan, even with 45..

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Apr 19 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #1214

Best substiton player :)

Member No.: 1,810

yeah he's great...but i think we dont really need him, keppers have been good for us these year...if we had a better defence our keppers would be the main targets in summer i'm sure, that's just the way it is...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 19 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #1215

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 19 2009, 11:21 AM) *
Buffon is the best italian keeper after Dino Zoff and I want him in Milan, even with 45..

True and about a couple of months ago I would have still said that he is the best in the world atm, right now the title is owned by Casillas.

Buffon atm isn't in good form and 30m plus Flamini is way too much for him, not because he's currently going through a rough patch but because of his age.

To me, we missed the Buffon boat when we had the chance during the calciopoli. He was at a great age and had we offered the money we would have gotten him, just like Inter got Viera and Ibra, Real got Canna and Puma and Barca got Zambro and Thuram.

But our management did not want to spend money, therefore we missed our shot at getting the worlds top goal keeper while he was at prime age and Juve had their backs to the wall.

Besides, I think it's pointless discussing goal keepers atm, since Abbiati got a renewal and I think it was made pretty clear that no money will go into improving that area of the sqaud. I don't see us splashing the cash this summer, CL or no CL. It's best if we spend whatever has been put aside for the mercato and focus on the defence, which is where we are going to get the real death blow this summer. Paolo is leaving, Favalli is truning 38 (don't know how long he's got on his contract but I don't think it's a lot and let's face it he's not reliable) Senderos is heading back to where he came from (thank God), Nesta's situation looks bleak atm and that Basically leaves us with Bonera and Tiago Silva, who both a very solid in their own right but neither is a world class CB, something we need if we're going to actually try to win somthing next season

+Quote Post

333 Pages V  « < 79 80 81 82 83 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:45 PM