> 10/02/08 - Serie A - AC Milan vs. AC Siena

Tennie
post Feb 6 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #31

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

At today's training, Alberto Paloschi joined the group. He trained with the first squad alongside a couple of other strikers: Pippo and Ronie, who both took part in the entire training session. (from acmilan.com's italian page)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Jankulovski: I’m back Wednesday 6 February, 2008

Czech international Marek Jankulovski is back in action after knee surgery and can’t wait to return to the Milan line-up.

The 30-year-old has played just six games this term as a serious knee problem has kept him sidelined.

However, the former Udinese man has returned to full training and may even make a contribution against Siena at San Siro this weekend.

“Finally I am fit and I’m back at Carlo Ancelotti’s disposal,” Jankulovski grinned.

“I think that I’m already fine to play. I hope to be ready against Siena on Sunday, but we will have to see how training goes.

“Perhaps this surgery could have a small psychological effect on me because it’s the first time that I’ve had such an important procedure, but I think that I can play through small pains and see how it develops.”

Jankulovski will face some stiff competition for a starting place this term and could find things harder still next term if Azzurri star Gianluca Zambrotta does join from Barcelona.

“My teammates Paolo Maldini and Giuseppe Favalli are playing really well, but it’s better for us to have an abundance of options now that I have returned,” he continued optimistically.

“If a player of Zambrotta’s class arrived I would be happy because he is the best wing-back in the world, even if it meant greater competition.”

For now, Jankulovski is concentrating only on Milan’s Champions League qualification charge,

“Every game we play from now on is important to get towards our objective of fourth place,” he stressed.

“Slowly but surely we are getting closer but we have to keep it going in our rescheduled game against Livorno and against Siena.

“We won’t be taking the Robur lightly, they are a good side and they stopped Roma.”

Atleast some good news

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Feb 6 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #33

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,757

I vote Kalac in goal... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Feb 6 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

According to Messerman, Pippo and Ronaldo will be available for this game (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm sure neither of them can handle 90 minutes.. so I would start with Ronaldo and bring Pippo on later on.

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Emerson-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Gourcuff-Seedorf
Ronaldo

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 6 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #35

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Darunia @ Feb 6 2008, 11:06 PM)
According to Messerman, Pippo and Ronaldo will be available for this game (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm sure neither of them can handle 90 minutes.. so I would start with Ronaldo and bring Pippo on later on.

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Emerson-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Gourcuff-Seedorf
Ronaldo

I don't think Ronaldo as a lone striker would be a good idea, especially now there's no Kaka. Paloschi should play alongside Roni. and Pippo better not play; he IS finished in the league.

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Feb 6 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #36

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

QUOTE (Darunia @ Feb 6 2008, 08:36 PM)

I hope they don't rush them back without being enough fit to play,especilly R99, since it might turn out to get worse for him.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Feb 6 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Yes.. maybe Paloschi will get the start up front by himself. I do want to see Gourcuff getting a start no matter what - which means Milan probably has to play with 1 striker.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Feb 7 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #38

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2008, 03:56 AM)
Kalac
Oddo
Nesta
Kaladze
Maldini 
Ambrosini
Pirlo
Emerson
Seedorf 
Gourcuff
Kakà

Sheesh, with a lineup like that, we might have to buy a goal. Kalac...meh.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2008, 04:46 AM
Post #39

Token Girl
Group Icon

Haha. Gazzetta changed their minds. They've got Pippo starting and Kaka being rested. I think Bonera may start in one of the defensive slots (either for Oddo or for Nesta) too. Not sure about Janku but I expect (hope?) to see him too.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 7 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Hopefully Nesta is rested in either this one or the game against Parma. I think starting with Pippo in the xmas tree will just be asking for trouble, he and Gila don't play well in that system.

Either play R9 alone, or play him with Pippo.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #41

Token Girl
Group Icon

Today's was a busy training session, it seems. During the first half of training, there was a lot of work in small groups (eg some doing runs in the woods, some working in the sand pit, the NT players working in the gym, etc). There was a 9 on 9 game during the second half of training and according to acmilan.com, Pippo was particularly intense.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Feb 7 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Looks like Kaka may miss the next 3 games.. hopefully this is the chance Gourcuff needed and he'll get 2-3 starts.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 7 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

The sand pit? What exactly do they do in there? Sounds a little bit childish to me. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #44

Token Girl
Group Icon

I've always been a little afraid to ask, Kurt. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Feb 7 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #45

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hah! Running on sand is one of the best workouts around. Not only do you use nearly twice as much energy as you would running on tarmac, but it helps strengthen your ankles and works your upper body because you need to try and keep your balance.

Pato needs to get out his bucket and spade if he wants to toughen up those ankles!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:36 AM