Full Version: 10/02/08 - Serie A - AC Milan vs. AC Siena
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 22

Milan vs. Siena

Sunday, February 10, 2008

15:00 (IT)

It could be his big chance. It should be,..waiting for a Milan primavera product since Coco..
dst
His goal against Catania at San Siro was class. Not just the control with the outside but the balance and strength to keep the defender off the ball and the finish on the low corner...

Whether he's good enough for Milan or not I hope he has a good career! And if he can kick it off with a goal on Sunday it would be just perfect! biggrin.gif

He looks like an in-box striker though with decent technique.
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2008, 03:34 PM)
His goal against Catania at San Siro was class. Not just the control with the outside but the balance and strength to keep the defender off the ball and the finish on the low corner...

Whether he's good enough for Milan or not I hope he has a good career! And if he can kick it off with a goal on Sunday it would be just perfect! biggrin.gif

He looks like an in-box striker though with decent technique.

when i watched that match vs Catania when he scored the commentator said hes the next Inzaghi , but i dunno time will tell
dst
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Feb 5 2008, 05:38 PM)
when i watched that match vs Catania when he scored the commentator said hes the next Inzaghi , but i dunno time will tell

Who said that? Italian commentator or an Arab one?

I don't like these comparisons... ever since I started watching football I've been hearing comparisons like this yet I've never seen a player grow up and resemble the man he was supposed to.

And Inzaghi cannot do what he did! biggrin.gif Inzaghi is not even a footballer, he is just a guy that can see the future... That's why he dives too, he knows he's going to be fouled and doesn't want to get hurt! biggrin.gif

We'll see about Paloschi... his debut was very promising. And he's got a perfect record, 2 games and 2 goals! tongue.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2008, 03:46 PM)
Who said that? Italian commentator or an Arab one?

I don't like these comparisons... ever since I started watching football I've been hearing comparisons like this yet I've never seen a player grow up and resemble the man he was supposed to.

And Inzaghi cannot do what he did! biggrin.gif Inzaghi is not even a footballer, he is just a guy that can see the future...  That's why he dives too, he knows he's going to be fouled and doesn't want to get hurt! biggrin.gif

We'll see about Paloschi... his debut was very promising. And he's got a perfect record, 2 games and 2 goals! tongue.gif

funny enough it was on ART sports but i think it was either Irish or English lol can't remember which but still i dont see the comparisons either lol .... unless he scores 2 goals or more in champions league final biggrin.gif
Darunia
I can see draw written all over this game =/

... but at least this will be interesting.
amancik
Somehow I am very optimistic about this game, we'll win 2-0 despite the injuries.
Ry4n
COME ON PALOSCHI WIN FOR US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im very optimistic about this game i remember last season goal goals goals in this match inparticular Siena 3-4 Milan , of course i dont want it to be that close this time round a 0-2 win would be great but id take 0-1 any day !!

FORZA MILAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
amancik
I'll be very surprised if I see Paloschi on the scoresheet ...

How do we pronouce his name anyway, is it Pa-los-ci or Pa-los-ki?
Tennie
The latter, Amancik. 'schi' in Italian = 'skee'.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (amancik @ Feb 5 2008, 08:19 PM)
I'll be very surprised if I see Paloschi on the scoresheet ...

How do we pronouce his name anyway, is it Pa-los-ci or Pa-los-ki?

As far as I know it would be Pa-los-ki,..
redbabies
We'll beat them even with Bonera as a striker. mad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (redbabies @ Feb 5 2008, 10:17 PM)
We'll beat them even with Bonera as a striker. mad.gif

smile.gif

Well, just to remind you, Siena won against Roma last week 3-0. And we're playing on home ground (which is a re..oh, no, it's not a relief).

Anyway, Paloschi and Willy should both be in our squad included. How's Sergio doing? It's been a while since Carlo has fielded him as a "forward"..
redbabies
@Fillipo Simone

Do we really want the 4rth? YES!

so...if they can afford not to win than they dont deserve the 4rth.

but, they'll win, coz we deserve the 4rth biggrin.gif (actually we deserve mroe than that....)
Nova
If Paloschi can score as lone striker even without kaka against Siena he just might have nice carreer at Milan wink.gif
Tennie
Paloschi has been burning the nets with the Primavera -- he's leading scorer for the kiddies this year. He showed a lot of poise in the Coppa games. It'd be wonderful to see one of the Primavera kids really do well. Galli, Baresi, and Evani have really been putting work into their respective youth teams. Perhaps we're about to see the result.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2008, 12:08 PM)
Paloschi has been burning the nets with the Primavera -- he's leading scorer for the kiddies this year. He showed a lot of poise in the Coppa games. It'd be wonderful to see one of the Primavera kids really do well. Galli, Baresi, and Evani have really been putting work into their respective youth teams. Perhaps we're about to see the result.

i can't wait for this game then smile.gif
Zed.D
If Paloschi wants to prove his worth, now's the best time. I hope he does both himself and Milan a favor and leads the team to victory!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (redbabies @ Feb 5 2008, 10:30 PM)
@Fillipo Simone

Do we really want the 4rth? YES!

so...if they can afford not to win than they dont deserve the 4rth.

but, they'll win, coz we deserve the 4rth  biggrin.gif (actually we deserve mroe than that....)

Yes, of course. But, it does not come to the point of what we deserve or what we want.
Did we want to win the 2005 CL? Yes. Have we deserved to be champions? Hell, yes.

Did we win?
We all know it...we won in 2007.
arivanjj
Milan - Siena -- Football Italia preview

Milan’s sprint up the standings has taken them to fifth place with a game in hand, but they enter an injury crisis and face a Siena side fresh from hammering Roma 3-0.

The Rossoneri’s hopes of a Champions League spot seemed dead and buried only a few weeks ago, but their run of three straight victories has pushed them back into the thick of it. The fact that in that time they have beaten rivals Udinese and Fiorentina in their own back yard has boosted confidence no end and made them seem like the new favourites for a top four finish.

However, the 1-0 victory against the Viola brought with it some bad news. Alexandre Pato scored his fourth – and decisive – goal before he was stretchered off with what appeared to be a serious ankle sprain. Alberto Gilardino was booked for dissent and will be suspended, so with Ronaldo, Pippo Inzaghi and Gennaro Gattuso still injured, this leaves Carlo Ancelotti with precious few options upfront.

We could see Kaka used as the lone striker in a 4-3-2-1 system, supported by Clarence Seedorf and Yoann Gourcuff. Emerson is set to fill in for Gattuso and Zeljko Kalac keeps hold of the gloves despite Nelson Dida’s recovery from a shoulder problem.

There is also the risk of tiredness, as Massimo Ambrosini, Massimo Oddo, Andrea Pirlo, Gourcuff, Kakha Kaladze and Dario Simic were called away on international duty and the Champions League clash with Arsenal is on the horizon along with the rescheduled Serie A meeting with Livorno on February 13.

If Milan are in ebullient mood, then Siena are positively soaring after thrashing Scudetto contenders Roma 3-0 on Sunday afternoon. It was the Giallorossi’s first away defeat and only their second Serie A loss of the season, serving to reiterate what an extraordinary achievement this was by the Tuscan minnows. The fact it was done without talisman Tomas Locatelli and Under-21 international Daniele Galloppa just adds to the fairytale, but can they add another chapter at San Siro?

Trequartista Houssine Kharja and midfielder Lucas Jarolim were particularly impressive against Roma and retain their places in the starting XI, which should remain unchanged after that remarkable performance.

Having scared Inter with a slender 3-2 defeat and beaten Palermo and Roma in recent weeks, nobody can take Siena for granted, even if they are in the relegation zone. Milan already have bad memories of last season’s 0-0 draw, the first time Siena have emerged unbeaten from this fixture in Serie A.

Keep an eye on: Houssine Kharja (Siena) – Locatelli’s injury gave the 25-year-old Tunisian the chance to make his first appearance of the season and at times he terrorised the Roma defence.

Last season: Milan 0-0 Siena

Form guide: Milan (W L W W W) Siena (L L W L W)

Milan (probable): Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Emerson; Seedorf, Gourcuff; Kaka

Siena (probable): Manninger; Rossettini, Portanova, Loria, De Ceglie; Jarolim, Codrea, Vergassola; Kharja; Maccarone, Frick

Ref: To follow...

Channel4
arivanjj
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 6 2008, 09:15 PM)
Milan (probable): Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Emerson; Seedorf, Gourcuff; Kaka

laugh.gif
han2503
Will kaka even play? I heard his injury was more serious then previously though unsure.gif

If Kaka is fit then I think our best option would be

Oddo--Nesta--Kala--Maldini
----Puma--Pirlo--Ambro----
-----------Seedorf-----------
------Polaschi--Kaka--------

I think playing Kaka more forward as an out and out striker would be our best option, provide more support for Polaschi.
Fillipo Simone
Nesta needs to be rested, or we'll have to field down the Bonera-Kaladze duet against Arsenal.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 6 2008, 10:21 AM)
Nesta needs to be rested, or we'll have to field down the Bonera-Kaladze duet against Arsenal.

That's a scary thought
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 6 2008, 10:21 AM)

is Nesta one yellow from a next game ban?
Tennie
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Feb 6 2008, 07:45 AM)
is Nesta one yellow from a next game ban?

Nope. The only player 1 game away from a ban is Favalli.

Here is Gazzetta's probable lineup (I think they've got it badly wrong this time):

Kalac
Oddo
Nesta
Kaladze
Maldini
Ambrosini
Pirlo
Emerson
Seedorf
Gourcuff
Kakà

I would half expect Bonera in defense somewhere and think we might see the kid starting in attack. Maybe I'm optimistic, but I'd like to see Janku back too, even for a few minutes, if he's ready.
jefri91
isnt Kaka having knee problems? and isnt Paloschi going to start
Tennie
Yes, Kaka is having knee problems. Controcampo thinks he might be rested for the Siena game as a precaution - against overtiredness, not injury.

Seedorf did apparently hurt his ankle in the Fiorentina game - I remember the kick he got in the first half - and he's under evaluation. Controcampo doesn't think there's any danger of him (or Kaka, Pato, and Gattuso) NOT being available for the Arsenal games.

So...possibly no Kaka or Seedorf.

Maybe Gourcuff will get a start. ohmy.gif

And possibly we might see Paloschi start.

(fyi. I do tend to trust the Controcampo articles because Controcampo is a Mediaset site and Mediaset = Berlusconi).
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2008, 04:05 PM)
Controcampo doesn't think there's any danger of him (or Kaka, Pato, and Gattuso) NOT being available for the Arsenal games.

That'd be great. I want Milan to finish the job at the Emirates!
Darunia
Nesta and Favalli are both 1 yellow away from a game ban, from the AC Milan website.

Anyways, I think Kaka should be rested for this one, then start the Livorno game and rest against Parma.
Tennie
At today's training, Alberto Paloschi joined the group. He trained with the first squad alongside a couple of other strikers: Pippo and Ronie, who both took part in the entire training session. (from acmilan.com's italian page)
han2503
Jankulovski: I’m back Wednesday 6 February, 2008

Czech international Marek Jankulovski is back in action after knee surgery and can’t wait to return to the Milan line-up.

The 30-year-old has played just six games this term as a serious knee problem has kept him sidelined.

However, the former Udinese man has returned to full training and may even make a contribution against Siena at San Siro this weekend.

“Finally I am fit and I’m back at Carlo Ancelotti’s disposal,” Jankulovski grinned.

“I think that I’m already fine to play. I hope to be ready against Siena on Sunday, but we will have to see how training goes.

“Perhaps this surgery could have a small psychological effect on me because it’s the first time that I’ve had such an important procedure, but I think that I can play through small pains and see how it develops.”

Jankulovski will face some stiff competition for a starting place this term and could find things harder still next term if Azzurri star Gianluca Zambrotta does join from Barcelona.

“My teammates Paolo Maldini and Giuseppe Favalli are playing really well, but it’s better for us to have an abundance of options now that I have returned,” he continued optimistically.

“If a player of Zambrotta’s class arrived I would be happy because he is the best wing-back in the world, even if it meant greater competition.”

For now, Jankulovski is concentrating only on Milan’s Champions League qualification charge,

“Every game we play from now on is important to get towards our objective of fourth place,” he stressed.

“Slowly but surely we are getting closer but we have to keep it going in our rescheduled game against Livorno and against Siena.

“We won’t be taking the Robur lightly, they are a good side and they stopped Roma.”

Atleast some good news
weeeow
I vote Kalac in goal... king.gif
Darunia
According to Messerman, Pippo and Ronaldo will be available for this game biggrin.gif

I'm sure neither of them can handle 90 minutes.. so I would start with Ronaldo and bring Pippo on later on.

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Emerson-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Gourcuff-Seedorf
Ronaldo
Zed.D
QUOTE (Darunia @ Feb 6 2008, 11:06 PM)
According to Messerman, Pippo and Ronaldo will be available for this game biggrin.gif

I'm sure neither of them can handle 90 minutes.. so I would start with Ronaldo and bring Pippo on later on.

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Maldini
Emerson-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Gourcuff-Seedorf
Ronaldo

I don't think Ronaldo as a lone striker would be a good idea, especially now there's no Kaka. Paloschi should play alongside Roni. and Pippo better not play; he IS finished in the league.
redbabies
QUOTE (Darunia @ Feb 6 2008, 08:36 PM)

I hope they don't rush them back without being enough fit to play,especilly R99, since it might turn out to get worse for him.
Darunia
Yes.. maybe Paloschi will get the start up front by himself. I do want to see Gourcuff getting a start no matter what - which means Milan probably has to play with 1 striker.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2008, 03:56 AM)
Kalac
Oddo
Nesta
Kaladze
Maldini 
Ambrosini
Pirlo
Emerson
Seedorf 
Gourcuff
Kakà

Sheesh, with a lineup like that, we might have to buy a goal. Kalac...meh.
Tennie
Haha. Gazzetta changed their minds. They've got Pippo starting and Kaka being rested. I think Bonera may start in one of the defensive slots (either for Oddo or for Nesta) too. Not sure about Janku but I expect (hope?) to see him too.
han2503
Hopefully Nesta is rested in either this one or the game against Parma. I think starting with Pippo in the xmas tree will just be asking for trouble, he and Gila don't play well in that system.

Either play R9 alone, or play him with Pippo.
Tennie
Today's was a busy training session, it seems. During the first half of training, there was a lot of work in small groups (eg some doing runs in the woods, some working in the sand pit, the NT players working in the gym, etc). There was a 9 on 9 game during the second half of training and according to acmilan.com, Pippo was particularly intense.
Darunia
Looks like Kaka may miss the next 3 games.. hopefully this is the chance Gourcuff needed and he'll get 2-3 starts.
kurtsimonw
The sand pit? What exactly do they do in there? Sounds a little bit childish to me. tongue.gif
Tennie
I've always been a little afraid to ask, Kurt. smile.gif
m1ke
Hah! Running on sand is one of the best workouts around. Not only do you use nearly twice as much energy as you would running on tarmac, but it helps strengthen your ankles and works your upper body because you need to try and keep your balance.

Pato needs to get out his bucket and spade if he wants to toughen up those ankles!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 7 2008, 08:53 PM)
The sand pit? What exactly do they do in there? Sounds a little bit childish to me. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 7 2008, 09:27 PM)
I've always been a little afraid to ask, Kurt. smile.gif

Actually, from what I've read and heard, the sand pit is one of the most useful training "implements".

edit: or what Mike said! biggrin.gif
Tennie
Wow, who knew? Thanks for the info on sand pits, guys!

News snippet from Controcampo: they seem to think that Milan will play a 4-3-1-2 for the game, with Ronie and Pippo starting and Seedorf playing trequartista.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 7 2008, 10:59 PM)
Wow, who knew? Thanks for the info on sand pits, guys!

News snippet from Controcampo: they seem to think that Milan will play a 4-3-1-2 for the game, with Ronie and Pippo starting and Seedorf playing trequartista.

Probably like this, although I've my doubts if he'll not use Gourcuff instead of a foward.

Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Ronaldo and Inzaghi
Tennie
I'd like to see Janku get some minutes. Sounds like he's back and if he is, he needs to gain match fitness before the CL games.
Darunia
That lineup does seem likely.. would like to see Gourcuff get a start over Brocchi though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.