> 28/02/07 - Serie A - Palermo v Milan

han2503
post Feb 26 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #16

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 26 2007, 05:55 PM)
Nice! I had forgotten about that... 3rd place is now a reality.

My formation against Palermo would be:

-------------Dida--------------------
-Cafu Bonera Maldini Jankulovski-
-------------Pirlo--------------------
-------Gattuso Gourcuff------------
--------------Kaka-------------------
---------Oliveira Gilardino----------

That's what I would go for also. But I think Carlo will put Seedorf in Yoann's place. And we might see Pippo startin, hopefully we won't have to see the Gila Pippo duo, we haven't seen that one for a while and I'm dreading the day when we'll be subjected to that again.

@dst, I think R9 might come on as a sub, I'm pretty sure he won't start since the Samp match really took a lot out of him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 26 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Palermo - Milan

Stadio Barbera

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan make the trip to Palermo’s Stadio Renzo Barbera for what is set to be a mouth-watering encounter in the race for Champions League football.

After a superb start to the campaign, Palermo have lost their way a little. While the Sicilians showed spirit to fight back and earn a 1-1 draw away to Atalanta last weekend in a game they could easily have lost, they have only won once in their last five outings.

Although outspoken club President Maurizio Zamparini has been quick to publicly criticise his side, the Rosanero still have a nine-point cushion in the Champions League qualification zone and could hardly have asked for more. Second-placed Roma’s eight-point advantage may be unassailable, but it’s crucial that Francesco Guidolin gets the best from his men here against a Milan side hot on their heels.

Milan are on scorching form and will see this clash as a great chance to reduce Palermo’s lead and heap pressure on Lazio. After a shaky start to the campaign, the Rossoneri are back on track and have racked up seven wins from their last eight games in an unbeaten run that stretches back to November.

The Diavoli’s recent success has seen a number of unlikely heroes emerge. Czech wing-back Marek Jankulovski is enjoying a purple patch and super-sub Massimo Ambrosini made decisive contributions against Sampdoria and Siena. Carlo Ancelotti will have been delighted that his men managed to swipe maximum points against Samp with 10 men on Sunday evening, but must be concerned at how draining their recent schedule has been.

Palermo shocked Milan 2-0 at the San Siro in Week 7 but Milan were a little unfortunate as they hit the woodwork twice. Not only are the San Siro side on excellent form, they also have an enviable away record having lost just once on their travels and conceded only 10 times.

Guidolin has a shortage of defensive options for the test as Andrea Barzagli is injured and Mattia Cassani is suspended after picking up a caution against Atalanta. Aimo Diana is likely to move back into defence to cover, but young Argentine wing-back Paolo Dellafiore is an option. Eugenio Corini and David Di Michele return after serving suspensions. Goalkeeper Alberto Fontana will undergo a late examination after suffering whiplash following a collision with Simone Loria.

Milan’s injury problems continue. Serginho, Kakha Kaladze and Alessandro Nesta are joined in the stands by Paolo Maldini who has a knee problem. Cristian Brocchi is suspended as is Massimo Oddo who was dismissed for a professional foul against Sampdoria. Ancelotti is likely to field an all-Brazilian strike line of Ronaldo and Ricardo Oliveira again leaving Alberto Gilardino and Pippo Inzaghi to cool their heels on the bench.

Man on fire: Mark Bresciano (Palermo) – The Australian midfielder injected life into a sluggish Rosanero side last weekend and deserved a goal to show for his efforts.

Last season: Palermo 0-2 Milan

Form guide: Palermo (L W L D D) Milan (D W W W W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo (probable): Agliardi; Diana, Zaccardo, Biava; Pisano, Guana, Corini, Simplicio; Bresciano, Di Michele, Caracciolo

Milan (probable): Dida; Cafu, Bonera, Simic, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka; Ronaldo, Oliveira

Ref: To follow...

+Quote Post

mishie
post Feb 26 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 26 2007, 08:03 PM)
That's what I would go for also. But I think Carlo will put Seedorf in Yoann's place. And we might see Pippo startin, hopefully we won't have to see the Gila Pippo duo, we haven't seen that one for a while and I'm dreading the day when we'll be subjected to that again.

@dst, I think R9 might come on as a sub, I'm pretty sure he won't start since the Samp match really took a lot out of him

i agree with the pippo/gila theory hopefully he will go with pippo and oli.
felt abit sorry for oli being taken off after 10 mins so he deserves a go
Can't believe it's a 3pm k.o (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 26 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Feb 26 2007, 08:07 PM)
i agree with the pippo/gila theory hopefully he will go with pippo and oli.
felt abit sorry for oli being taken off after 10 mins so he deserves a go
Can't believe it's a 3pm k.o (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Yeah Oli definately needs to start, no matter who he is partnering, unless maybe R9 when he gets back to 100%.

And yeah the k.o time is too strange, I will barely be able to make it in time for the start of the match since my last lecture ends at 2:30

+Quote Post

mishie
post Feb 26 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

i feel like i may be alittle bit hyper critical here as he was only on the pitch for a few minutes but in them moments twice he was easily brushed off the ball by samp defenders and i was wondering if he will be physically strong enough to cope with 1st team football?
Maybe i'm being abit harsh!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 26 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Feb 26 2007, 08:13 PM)
i feel like i may be alittle bit hyper critical here as he was only on the pitch for a few minutes but in them moments twice he was easily brushed off the ball by samp defenders and i was wondering if he will be physically strong enough to cope with 1st team football?
Maybe i'm being abit harsh!!

No you're right. I think it's about the fact that he is used to Spanish football and it will take him time to adjust to how much more physical Serie A is.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Feb 26 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 26 2007, 08:47 PM)
No you're right. I think it's about the fact that he is used to Spanish football and it will take him time to adjust to how much more physical Serie A is.

It's hard to think that's his 1st season as the season seems so long with all the trouble thats happened!!
i would like to see him with us next season just a little bit stronger

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 27 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #23

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (mishie @ Feb 26 2007, 11:54 PM)
It's hard to think that's his 1st season as the season seems so long with all the trouble thats happened!!
i would like to see him with us next season just a little bit stronger

When Kaka first came to Milan .. He was skinny as hell .. But MilanLab works miracles ... I'm sure they'll do something to him for next season ...(if he's staying that is )

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Feb 27 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #24

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Serie A Team Of The Week: Round 25

Simic (Milan): His performance was quite a surprise, and for the Rossoneri this is good news as they know they can count on another player for this final rush of the season.

Ambrosini (Milan): One of the unluckiest players with regards to injuries, but when he’s fit, he’s brilliant and in this case even scored the winning goal for the Rossoneri.

(Goal.com)

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 27 2007, 01:56 AM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Feb 27 2007, 02:53 AM)
Simic (Milan)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

I guess this wasn't a good weekend for Italian CBs then... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

thanks BMWTaylor.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 27 2007, 04:29 AM
Post #26

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 27 2007, 07:09 AM)
Yeah Oli definately needs to start, no matter who he is partnering, unless maybe R9 when he gets back to 100%.

And yeah the k.o time is too strange, I will barely be able to make it in time for the start of the match since my last lecture ends at 2:30

good news for me (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . i have training at 8:30 i would've missed the match if it was then.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 27 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Goal.com = C.R.A.P

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 27 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Feb 27 2007, 12:53 AM)
Simic (Milan): His performance was quite a surprise, and for the Rossoneri this is good news as they know they can count on another player for this final rush of the season.
(Goal.com)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Bonera was having to work twice as hard since Simic was mostly a no show, and if it wasn't for him being no where in sight then Oddo wouldn't have had to cover his area and get sent off in the process.

Do goal.com even watch the matches??? If they where going to pick one of our defenders then that surely had to be Bonera

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 27 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #29

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I predict a Milan victory ... Palermo are very strong on their turf, nevertheless, we should come out victorious. As we r chansing 3rd place and they r our direct rivals at the moment

A 2 - 0 for us would be sweet (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

armiss
post Feb 27 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

this is squade for palermo game :

I CONVOCATI PER PALERMO
27/02/2007
Questi i convocati del Milan per domani: PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DIFENSORI: Bonera, Bruscagin, Darmian,Favalli, Grimi, Simic CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini,Bottini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

| |

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:38 AM