Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Balotelli, Mario Balotelli

X-Offender
post Aug 26 2015, 04:02 PM
Post #331

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Now I'm reading on Mediaset that Mihajlovic sees Balo as a trequartista.

If it's true, he's more clueless than Pippo was.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 26 2015, 04:03 PM
Post #332

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

That story's from a few days back. I posted it here somewhere.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 27 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #333

Allievi Nazionali

Confirmed. One year loan.

+Quote Post

rip
post Aug 27 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #334

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,065

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2015, 04:02 PM) *
Now I'm reading on Mediaset that Mihajlovic sees Balo as a trequartista.

If it's true, he's more clueless than Pippo was.

I will probably get flamed for this, but im gonna say it. please note the bold part phrase

Since we have very limited choice for that position, this idea jus might.. MIGHT work. Balo definitely has the dribbling skill, his passing is decent, he is strong than Honda. It jus might work. Who knows, if im wrong (which probably i am) we can look forward for another miserable season.

i want to be hopeful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by rip: Aug 27 2015, 11:22 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 27 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #335

He has the work ethic of a mule. Actually, mules work harder than Balotelli.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 27 2015, 11:42 AM
Post #336

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 27 2015, 11:27 AM) *

I hark back again to Rui Costa re: work ethic. No one is going to tell me he was a grafter.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 27 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #337

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (rip @ Aug 27 2015, 11:21 AM) *
I will probably get flamed for this, but im gonna say it. please note the bold part phrase

Since we have very limited choice for that position, this idea jus might.. MIGHT work. Balo definitely has the dribbling skill, his passing is decent, he is strong than Honda. It jus might work. Who knows, if im wrong (which probably i am) we can look forward for another miserable season.

The problem with this idea, and I do vaguely see its merits as well, is that he's not intelligent enough for this position.

It requires timing, vision, and making the right decision. He just isn't smart enough for that.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, maybe he'll make Pirlo look mediocre, but I just can't see it.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 27 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #338

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

According to Sky, after the training Balotelli has stayed in Milanello to practise free kicks with Mihajlovic.

+Quote Post

rip
post Aug 27 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #339

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,065

true. his work rate is very low. but there are creative players whose work rate is low.

QUOTE ( @ Aug 27 2015, 11:44 AM) *
The problem with this idea, and I do vaguely see its merits as well, is that he's not intelligent enough for this position.

It requires timing, vision, and making the right decision. He just isn't smart enough for that.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, maybe he'll make Pirlo look mediocre, but I just can't see it.

It does seem far fetched, dont think he has ever played in that position. He is smart with his finishing, so he could use it to make a great pass

whoa whoa, make Pirlo look mediocre?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . haha dont think that is ever happening. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Aug 27 2015, 12:15 PM
Post #340

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (rip @ Aug 27 2015, 07:21 AM) *

During his last stay here I was often frustrated by his tendency to drop deep since he was supposed to be operating as our #9. Granted that was partially the fault of our awful midfield. Maybe he could work out in the treq slot with Bacca stretching defenses ahead of him.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 27 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #341

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 27 2015, 11:44 AM) *

First of all, Rui Costa was a midfielder, Balotelli is a striker. Secondly, Rui Costa didn't walk on the pitch when he didn't have the ball. That's what Balotelli does. But beside all that, he's not intelligent enough to play as a trequartista.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 27 2015, 02:11 PM
Post #342

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (rip @ Aug 27 2015, 11:21 AM) *

Playing Balo as an AM for me shouldn't even be an option.

First off, he's too lazy to play there, he won't track back and will leave us even more outnumbered in midfield then we already were against Fiorentina, second, he gets frustrated when marked tightly, can you imagine him trying to play in midfield? Sure he has creativity and skill, just not enough to play in that position imo

I was even against Ibra playing there, and he has more creativity and vision than Balo can ever dream of, but I personally just don't like the concept of playing a pure striker in the AM position, that would leave us vulnerable in midfield even more than we already are

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 27 2015, 11:42 AM) *
I hark back again to Rui Costa re: work ethic. No one is going to tell me he was a grafter.

Rui Costa was a mid first and foremost. And he wasn't exactly lazy either, maybe he didn't run his @ss off tracking back, but neither did Kaka.

Also, I think the big distinction between the scenarios is that back then we had a midfield that could basically keep possession all game long and when we lost it Rino was there to recover as quickly as possible, That's why that team worked so well and was so solid. Obviously the world class defender had a lot to do with that but the fact that the midfield kept pressure off them for the majority of the game because they kept possession so well also had a lot to do with it. Kaka and Rui never needed to pull in the kind of shift that we now expect from our AM, simply because the midfield as a whole was so dominant, we never really spent big chunks of time during the game chasing the ball down like we do now

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 27 2015, 12:15 PM) *
During his last stay here I was often frustrated by his tendency to drop deep since he was supposed to be operating as our #9. Granted that was partially the fault of our awful midfield. Maybe he could work out in the treq slot with Bacca stretching defenses ahead of him.

Just don't think we should even entertain the idea of a striker playing that position, not when our midfield is already so vulnerable.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 27 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #343

Allievi Nazionali

This window has gone from Ibra, Kondogbia, Witsel, Hummels, Miranda, Godin...

To Bertolacci and Kucka.

I don't know whether to cry or go on anti-depressants.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 27 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #344

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 27 2015, 02:56 PM) *
This window has gone from Ibra, Kondogbia, Witsel, Hummels, Miranda, Godin...

To Bertolacci and Kucka.

I don't know whether to cry or go on anti-depressants.

I think the rumours about Silvio pulling the plug on the money is true, which imo casts a whole slew of doubts on the Bee deal now for him to suddenly say no more

But this is what I meant from day 1. Trusting Galliani with that money, and about priorities. How midfield should have been the first priority, now it was left for last and it seems Bertolacci and Kucka will be our big signings to take us to CL football! Typical Galliani

I wonder what excuses will come when we once again miss out next season. His head should surely roll but I'm sure he'll worm himself out of it

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 27 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #345

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 27 2015, 03:01 PM) *
I think the rumours about Silvio pulling the plug on the money is true, which imo casts a whole slew of doubts on the Bee deal now for him to suddenly say no more

But this is what I meant from day 1. Trusting Galliani with that money, and about priorities. How midfield should have been the first priority, now it was left for last and it seems Bertolacci and Kucka will be our big signings to take us to CL football! Typical Galliani

I wonder what excuses will come when we once again miss out next season. His head should surely roll but I'm sure he'll worm himself out of it

You think we would have been able to spend 85 million without Bee's involvement? Never.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:35 AM