Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A 2022/2023 Season, Serie A Discussion

Danny
post Jun 15 2023, 03:18 PM
Post #946

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Hard to have anything nice about a paedophile and tax fraud unfortunately. He facilitated a great Milan but a great man in any sense Berlusconi was not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 21 2023, 09:31 PM
Post #947

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 11 2023, 01:12 PM) *
Thuram is still an option, according to Di Marzio. I still have hope.

Didn't deserve to lose. City were sh*t. Inter were incredibly unlucky. Lukaku's miss in the end reminded me of Sheva's miss in 2005.

Laughed for a good 5 minutes. That and the block

(IMG:https://media2.giphy.com/media/cPkUnVPxfmkMWzZfzx/giphy.gif)

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 11 2023, 07:03 PM) *
I was all the way in for Inter this time. They were the better side yesterday. Also, even though Inter is our rival, I will never ever find myself on the side of clubs like City.

Nah, never want to see their smug faces winning. Especially Hakan!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 21 2023, 11:14 PM
Post #948

Allievi Nazionali

Tonali being sold to Newcastle for 70M.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 21 2023, 11:14 PM
Post #949

Allievi Nazionali

Which ironically is the biggest sale in the history of Milan, unless I forgot one.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 22 2023, 07:52 PM
Post #950

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 21 2023, 11:14 PM) *
Which ironically is the biggest sale in the history of Milan, unless I forgot one.

More than we got for Kaka even.

I'm bummed big time but according to last reliable reports it will be 80m including bonuses and we don't have a resale percentage we have to pay out to Brescia. I love Sandro, he's one of my favorite players, but we just have to accept the fact that as things stand, we cannot afford to turn down that kind of money.

This is why I said the SL was a good thing. It's the only way we'll ever get a look in again. Especially being a team in the Serie A, the worst run league on the continent. Did you see the reports about the TV money?? The only bid cam in at just over 600m!!! It was just a bit over 1b now this last round. Just disgraceful, and the ridiculous thing is, the product is actually really good, but it needs to be well marketed, and that area is abysmal right now.

So as things stand, I'm going to look on the bright side of this for now. If that money + any other money generated from sales is properly re-invested into the team, we could look at this as a positive. Because we should now have a budget of over 100m considering the 80m + the previously reported 30m budget.

The bad thing is, we have a dismantled midfield. Only 2 viable players there with Benna out for the entire first half of next season. And the remaining ones are Pobega and Krunic. So basically no midfield

Add to that all the work the attack needed already and that 100m - 120m is going to be needed and then some.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 22 2023, 09:20 PM
Post #951

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

There is no bright side to this. I don't care even if Newcastle offered 200 million, Tonali was the only player that should have been untouchable. You could have sold Maignan, Theo, Leao, whomever, but not Sandro. He epitomised everything about the true milanismo. A future captain for sure, and potentially future symbol. Only 23, with incredible potential. And we sold him as if just some random guy.

I can't recover from this. First Maldini, now Tonali. These american fucktards are the worst thing that could have happened to us.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 23 2023, 04:13 PM
Post #952

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 22 2023, 07:52 PM) *
More than we got for Kaka even.

That was pre-money balls era though. Back then ?55M got you the world's very best players, these days it literally buys squad players. That we got ?80M for Tonali (arguably our joint-best player) is probably an accurate reflection of how this club failed badly to grow - how we didn't get into the money balls era and let the Cities, PSGs etc get miles away. Haaland and Mbappe are both worth around ?180M+

I'm bummed big time but according to last reliable reports it will be 80m including bonuses and we don't have a resale percentage we have to pay out to Brescia. I love Sandro, he's one of my favorite players, but we just have to accept the fact that as things stand, we cannot afford to turn down that kind of money.

We can't, but bigger clubs than us (which is sad to say) can. Arsenal rejected ?90M for Rice. They want minimum of ?120M. We cave at ?70M.

This is why I said the SL was a good thing. It's the only way we'll ever get a look in again.

We don't agree on a lot, but you and I saw the vision behind ESL, and I was about the only person in the UK not to condemn the idea. It is not a bad idea at all, but it was not run by UEFA so they naturally condemned it as a disgrace.

Especially being a team in the Serie A, the worst run league on the continent. Did you see the reports about the TV money?? The only bid cam in at just over 600m!!! It was just a bit over 1b now this last round. Just disgraceful, and the ridiculous thing is, the product is actually really good, but it needs to be well marketed, and that area is abysmal right now.

The problem with Italy is the halcyon days of the 80s and 90s and to an extent the 00s are gone - there is no attractive global product in Serie A - none of the jewels in our league, us, Juve and Inter, have anything like the pull they once did, and of the big five leagues, we're the least lucrative. Doesn't matter how good the product actually is, we don't have the lure we used to. France basically surpassed us there - PSG able to attract the very best in everything. Italy is always left behind now on that front. Italy doesn't have a PSG now.

So as things stand, I'm going to look on the bright side of this for now. If that money + any other money generated from sales is properly re-invested into the team, we could look at this as a positive. Because we should now have a budget of over 100m considering the 80m + the previously reported 30m budget.

The bad thing is, we have a dismantled midfield. Only 2 viable players there with Benna out for the entire first half of next season. And the remaining ones are Pobega and Krunic. So basically no midfield

Add to that all the work the attack needed already and that 100m - 120m is going to be needed and then some.

Let's face it, Milan had a nice little spot in the sun the past two seasons - an inexplicable Scudetto and an even more staggering UCL semi. But it wasn't momentum - and despite his words, if a big bid comes in for Leao, I expect him to leave too.

Yes, I'm a bit fatalistic but it's hard not to be.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 24 2023, 08:36 AM
Post #953

Allievi Nazionali

PS word is Tonali did NOT want this move and was 'forced' out by the hierarchy. And was very upset about it.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 27 2023, 03:33 PM
Post #954

Allievi Nazionali

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will replace Tonali. 100% downgrade.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 30 2023, 11:34 AM
Post #955

Allievi Nazionali

Yunus Musah and Tijjani Reijnders on the radar, CdK to leave with Ata at the front of the queue.

But this forum is dead!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 1 2023, 05:06 PM
Post #956

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 22 2023, 09:20 PM) *
There is no bright side to this. I don't care even if Newcastle offered 200 million, Tonali was the only player that should have been untouchable. You could have sold Maignan, Theo, Leao, whomever, but not Sandro. He epitomised everything about the true milanismo. A future captain for sure, and potentially future symbol. Only 23, with incredible potential. And we sold him as if just some random guy.

I can't recover from this. First Maldini, now Tonali. These american fucktards are the worst thing that could have happened to us.

The things for me is that Tonali is more replaceable than Theo and Leao. A good box-to-box mid is a doable replacement. A FB like Theo or a winger like Leao is much harder and much more costly to replace.

They'll probably be sold in the coming seasons anyway, no reason to discuss. But they will go for much more as they're very marketable players as well. Much more than Sandro.

I agree that we basically pushed out a bandiera. But this is our reality now. RedBird smelled bad from minute one. Now we're reaping what all of us feared. The plan is to become Dortmund, not to be competitive. At least we managed to milk a Scudetto out of Elliot's time with us...

Paolo was going to be a problem for them. He wanted to improve without selling and that's a no go

We just had a very lucrative season and our budget was going to be 30m! That is the reality.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 27 2023, 03:33 PM) *
Ruben Loftus-Cheek will replace Tonali. 100% downgrade.

We're linked to a lot of other mids though. I'm going t wait out the summer before I lose my sh!t over this. He's a decent player, and will be better than what we had previously as rotation. But as a starter, he's nowhere near what we had previously in Kessie, Sandro and Benna (who can at this point not even be considered a part of the squad for a big chunk of next season)

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2023, 11:34 AM) *
Yunus Musah and Tijjani Reijnders on the radar, CdK to leave with Ata at the front of the queue.

But this forum is dead!

That Tijjani looks good I watched some vids of him, we'll see if we can get it over the line.

At least we don't seem to be on the course of throwing away the Tonali money on Frattesi. If we have 40m to drown on a single player, then that better be SMS FFS!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 1 2023, 05:09 PM
Post #957

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 23 2023, 04:13 PM) *
We don't agree on a lot, but you and I saw the vision behind ESL, and I was about the only person in the UK not to condemn the idea. It is not a bad idea at all, but it was not run by UEFA so they naturally condemned it as a disgrace.

The reason UK people were up in arms about it is because they already are in a SL of their own. Simple as that. The EPL has relegation battlers capable of outspending top clubs in other leagues.

Look at that f@ck face Gary Neville. Up in arms about the SL back then. Now he's crying about the Saudi league taking players from the EPL. So it's okay when they do it but you can't do it to them. The EPL is not only light years away now in terms of the kind of TV revenue they make, they have clubs which are literally run by states. It's just untenable atm and the only way football can be saved is by doing a SL. UEFA can f@ck right off. They are a major part of the problem

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 3 2023, 03:18 PM
Post #958

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 1 2023, 05:09 PM) *
The reason UK people were up in arms about it is because they already are in a SL of their own. Simple as that. The EPL has relegation battlers capable of outspending top clubs in other leagues.

But that's not true is it - you're right if we're being specific about the UK's reasons, but the whole globe shared them. Every fan worldwide smeared the idea, and those smears were short-sighted nonsense which just gave more power back to UEFA.

Look at that f@ck face Gary Neville. Up in arms about the SL back then. Now he's crying about the Saudi league taking players from the EPL. So it's okay when they do it but you can't do it to them.

He is a complete *rse and hypocrite but I'm not totally sure your point makes sense - it's just making him look consistent?

In terms of Saudi and Qatar, it boils down to greed. The big sports story was of course LIV Golf of Saudi Arabia, and the UK and Sky Sports went ballistic over 'sports washing' and this 'disgusting' country using money and sport to conceal human rights violations.

Went on about it for a year. But then the shock news a month or two ago that LIV and the main golf tour PGA were going to merge, and hey presto, Sky started PRAISING Saudi and their growth. Why? Because Sky have a deal with PGA long term and they're doing their bidding.

Now that PGA are getting that yummy Saudi money for themselves, they're happy.

The EPL is not only light years away now in terms of the kind of TV revenue they make, they have clubs which are literally run by states. It's just untenable atm and the only way football can be saved is by doing a SL. UEFA can f@ck right off. They are a major part of the problem

Back on topic, you're absolutely correct. But at the same time, aren't EPL just the same as Serie A was in the 80s and 90s. Back then we and Juve owned the world. Now it's City. Because for all the cash flowing in England, none of their teams are even close to Pep's machine.

Newcastle are the big rich Middle Eastern owned side now but they only finished fourth.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 3 2023, 03:20 PM
Post #959

Allievi Nazionali

PS Tonali confirmed today as Newcastle player.

We got RLC who is a good player but nothing amazing. We're working on Pusilic. Got Marco Sportiello as backup goalie.

It's not a great window at all, weakening us.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 12 2023, 07:43 PM
Post #960

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm kind of liking how we're moving on the market so far.

RBL is a good addition.

Pulisic official today, he's an upgrade over Brahim.

Reijnders also seems very close. We offered around 23-24m including bonuses versus AZ's 25m request. And the guy is quality.

Chukuweze doubt we'll get him. Villareal are asking too much (30-35m) when he only has one year left on his contract. But this Danish kid Isaksen has been mentioned for the RW position, and from what I saw on YouTube I really, really liked him. Would be a bet no doubt, but if we sign him I'm very hopeful.

Aside from those, I believe we'll sign another mid and a CF.

Let's see.

+Quote Post

112 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 05:50 PM