Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2014

kurtsimonw
post Jul 24 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #1351

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Yep and the argument against Allegri a lot of the time was that he was asking for a certain type of player, and therefore the player that came in was his fault. Pippo wants a left winger, if we sign Cerci then it'll all be Galliani. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 24 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #1352

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2014, 09:49 PM) *
The change in tone compared with Allegri to Inzaghi is comical.

Allegri was personally responsible for wasting 12M on Matri but it would be the club to blame for wasting it on Cerci!

Well Allegri hand picked Matri - specifically mentioned him by name, when we already had 2 strikers.

Pippo wants a left footed winger, the club will decide who to get (most likely the cheapest option, who they will sign on the last few days of the window)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 24 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #1353

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 24 2014, 09:17 PM) *
Well Allegri hand picked Matri - specifically mentioned him by name, when we already had 2 strikers.

Pippo wants a left footed winger, the club will decide who to get (most likely the cheapest option, who they will sign on the last few days of the window)

So Pippo hasn't actually stated Iturbe by name?

He wants a left footed winger, and is happy with either of them. One is gone, so Cerci is the remaining choice.

I don't know how the club can be to blame here!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 25 2014, 01:43 AM
Post #1354

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2014, 10:40 PM) *

He wants a left footed winger, and is happy with either of them. One is gone, so Cerci is the remaining choice.

Oh come on! There are plenty of left-footed wingers out there better than Cerci. If we end up signing Cerci it's because the club wants to get the cheapest option available. Inzaghi will just have to make due with the hand he's been dealt with.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Jul 25 2014, 02:05 AM
Post #1355

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 24 2014, 09:43 PM) *
Oh come on! There are plenty of left-footed wingers out there better than Cerci. If we end up signing Cerci it's because the club wants to get the cheapest option available. Inzaghi will just have to make due with the hand he's been dealt with.

actually the cheapest option is allegedly Vihena, the 19yo left-footer is supposed to be good to go for 6-8M. Cerci has been linked to monaco for 20M...

Maybe we can get campbell on loan with option to buy, but i feel that this will cost us regardless

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 25 2014, 07:33 AM
Post #1356

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

So you guys compare now Inzaghi's position with Allegri already?

Look, I don't like how this is getting into a "anti-Allegri" and "pro-Allegri (fairness)" camp. Years, years ago some of the posters here tried to blame Ancelotti for signing Emerson while in fact all he wanted is a good DM. Same is happening with Inzaghi as far as I know.

Allegri on the other hand had a special relationship with Galliani. If that isn't obvious then I don't know what is: Galliani covered him multiple times, stretched out the confidence in him to impossible limits and finally, many of the transfers also can be related with Allegri's wishes and needs. Especially Matri, who was his pet at Cagliari.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jul 25 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #1357

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

I hope we sign cerci. Its better than nothing.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 25 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #1358

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2014, 10:40 PM) *

I don't think Pippo has mentioned Iturbe anywhere, don't think he's mentioned Cerci either aside from avoiding questions directly asking about him from the media. He never specifically said he wanted either. This is the first time in fact that we heard anything concrete about what Pippo wants actually as previous to this it's all been media speculation based on the formation Pippo wants to use.

The fact that Galliani is going after Cerci has nothing to do with Pippo, he's probably seen as the easiest option out there.

And come on! It's not like Cerci is the only left footed winger out there. There are plenty of options. and if we waste 20m to get this dud I will be seriously p!ssed off!

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 25 2014, 08:36 AM) *

I'd rather stay with nothing tbh. Why waste money on a player that won't really improve us.

It's the same as wasting money on buying Matri. I'd rather throw away 12m on this guy than sign no one. That's really backwards thinking. Look now, we're stuck with him and can't sell him to save our lives, we have to loan him out each year and pay part of his wages as well because the genius that is Galliani handed him a contract worth 2.7m per season

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 25 2014, 02:05 AM) *
actually the cheapest option is allegedly Vihena, the 19yo left-footer is supposed to be good to go for 6-8M. Cerci has been linked to monaco for 20M...

Maybe we can get campbell on loan with option to buy, but i feel that this will cost us regardless

Campbell is just a fast player, he's average at best and would be a waste of money

Vilhena is a CM. A position we actually need to strengthen BADLY (and not with just one purchase imo) instead we're looking at wingers and strikers when we're already up to our ears in those

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jul 25 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #1359

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 25 2014, 04:07 AM) *
I'd rather stay with nothing tbh. Why waste money on a player that won't really improve us.

It's the same as wasting money on buying Matri. I'd rather throw away 12m on this guy than sign no one. That's really backwards thinking. Look now, we're stuck with him and can't sell him to save our lives, we have to loan him out each year and pay part of his wages as well because the genius that is Galliani handed him a contract worth 2.7m per season

We need players han and cerci would be an upgrade over our current stock.

Our team will finish 8th again at this rate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 25 2014, 10:13 AM
Post #1360

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 25 2014, 10:09 AM) *
We need players han and cerci would be an upgrade over our current stock.

Our team will finish 8th again at this rate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

No he wouldn't, he's not better than Menez or SES. He's a 27 year old who's only ever had 1 really good season. He's been terrible for Italy every time I've seen him as well (not just in the WC)

And no, we don't need players. We need to offload players more than anything else. Bringing in another name just for the sake of adding quantity rather than quality is the same kind of mentality that got us into this mess in the first place

And do you really think Cerci is worth 20m? Because those are the kind of numbers Torino want for him

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jul 25 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #1361

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 25 2014, 04:13 AM) *
No he wouldn't, he's not better than Menez or SES. He's a 27 year old who's only ever had 1 really good season. He's been terrible for Italy every time I've seen him as well (not just in the WC)

And no, we don't need players. We need to offload players more than anything else. Bringing in another name just for the sake of adding quantity rather than quality is the same kind of mentality that got us into this mess in the first place

And do you really think Cerci is worth 20m? Because those are the kind of numbers Torino want for him

Offloading players is an obvious one, but that doesn't help our serie A campaign.

We need to sign players. Cerci is better than menez, be serious. He's not worth 20 but i'd paid 12 for him and maybe niang or someone else.

How do you expect us to win any games, ses can't beat everyone and score

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 25 2014, 10:26 AM
Post #1362

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 25 2014, 10:21 AM) *
Offloading players is an obvious one, but that doesn't help our serie A campaign.

We need to sign players. Cerci is better than menez, be serious. He's not worth 20 but i'd paid 12 for him and maybe niang or someone else.

How do you expect us to win any games, ses can't beat everyone and score

Well we're talking about wingers here, not 1 player single handedly winning games.

Nah, Cerci isn't better than Menez.

And Torino won't accept 12m for him, which is a fair price. So no, we should not buy him for more than that, especially if the reasoning behing it is: "better him than no one"

Actually offloading the deadwood will mean funds opening up as most of them are tied up in paying the ridiculous wages we are paying these freeloaders we have on our roster. And really, good money should go into strengthening the midfield first, attack second. And that money should certainly not go into buying more average players, case in point; Cerci

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 25 2014, 12:27 PM
Post #1363

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 25 2014, 06:33 AM) *
So you guys compare now Inzaghi's position with Allegri already?

Look, I don't like how this is getting into a "anti-Allegri" and "pro-Allegri (fairness)" camp. Years, years ago some of the posters here tried to blame Ancelotti for signing Emerson while in fact all he wanted is a good DM. Same is happening with Inzaghi as far as I know.

Allegri on the other hand had a special relationship with Galliani. If that isn't obvious then I don't know what is: Galliani covered him multiple times, stretched out the confidence in him to impossible limits and finally, many of the transfers also can be related with Allegri's wishes and needs. Especially Matri, who was his pet at Cagliari.

You know what the real issue is? Allegri is the only manager we've had inside the past 14 years, Terim aside, who isn't a 'Milan man'. Everyone else has been.

And guess what, Terim was as hated in the day as Allegri is now.

Rossoneri don't like outsiders.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 25 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #1364

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 25 2014, 12:43 AM) *

Speculation has been focused on Cerci and Iturbe for over half a year though.

Like it or not, those two have been the only two we've really been linked with. In that position.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 25 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #1365

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jul 25 2014, 10:36 AM) *

Simply: NO.

I think this childish approach is something our management does on regular basis: the say "better Emerson then nothing" or "better Essien then nothing" and overload our team with quantity players. How much better can Cerci be then Menez is (that is, if he's better at all, which I'm uncertain)?

Cerci would be another Aquilani. Quantity player at best, has his good moments, but overall isn't worth the money. Mark my words: if we pass on Cerci now, we'll be able to buy him at a very reduced tag in a year or two from Monaco or who ever pays his over-inflated prize now.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 25 2014, 02:27 PM) *
You know what the real issue is? Allegri is the only manager we've had inside the past 14 years, Terim aside, who isn't a 'Milan man'. Everyone else has been.

And guess what, Terim was as hated in the day as Allegri is now.

Rossoneri don't like outsiders.

So what? I don't think it's the main problem. Based on our experiences, outsiders didn't exactly bring in harmony: Tabarez had an awful spell, Zaccheroni managed to grab a scudetto but was mostly mindblowing with his tactical setup, Terim cause way too much turbulence and also didn't manage to make a steady course like Tabarez, and finally Allegri - proved that even Zaccheroni wasn't the worst in tactical imagination and re-imagination.

All in all, outsiders have been picked poorly. I'm all for outsiders like van Gaal or Heynckens, men who already won and know how to win matches.

The main problem is the management that alienated some very useful and potentially important insiders like Maldini, Costacurta, now Seedorf, Boban, etc. Those guys have Milan in their blood and they should be part of our project.

And here we come to the conclusion - we do not have a true project. Capello said it when he rejected us some time ago.

+Quote Post

154 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:39 AM