> Manchester City - Milan

Rossoneri7
post Aug 5 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #16

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Hughes: 0-5 ?! Milan normally doesn't loose in such a way

(IMG:http://site.acmilanclub.com/newsimages/10002/9068_big.jpg)

Mark Hughes, Manchester City coach, predicts a tough night against a star studded team on Saturday, since it is expected that Ancelotti will bring in a handful of stars such as Kaka', Inzaghi, Gattuso, and Maldini.

Hughes thinks that facing a team like the Rossoneri would be the perfect venue to prepare for a long season, which starts in one week: "I think they will bring a strong team here, they are preparing for a very important season for them, that is why I think they will come here to play a good match which will be very important for their preparation. They have players with such quality, and they will come here to do their duty. I look forward to the game on Saturday. It will be a challenge against an opponent with whom we hold with high regard."

And he commented on the 0-5 scoreline which Milan lost to Chelsea last Sunday with a quadruple from Anelka and a goal from Lampard: "That result surprised me, you don't watch Milan loose 0-5 ! And the fact that we are the team that will face Milan after such a defeat, we will need to be very concentrated at the task at hand. In one way or another, I hope that I will see a comeback from them, because I want to see a competitive match. In friendlies, usually teams focus on preparation more than that the result. But I expect it to be a match of different taste."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 5 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #17

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Well, nice words from Hughes. If only we COULD bring both Kaka and Pippo to this one....

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Aug 5 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #18

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 6 2008, 01:27 AM) *
Well, nice words from Hughes. If only we COULD bring both Kaka and Pippo to this one....

They have one of the best understandings between two players I've ever seen. wish Pippo was 5 years younger...

PS: what happened to 'best' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Aug 5 2008, 10:23 PM

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 5 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

I expect our team to do well... and nice words from Hughes indeed... I just hope it works out for us. If anything, we could bring youth team players to the game if we are still lacking in the striker department.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 5 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #20

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 6 2008, 12:03 AM) *
They have one of the understandings between two players I've ever seen. wish Pippo was 5 years younger...

I don't mean for this to go back and forth (as it might (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) .. But Pippo Inzaghi is immortal when he is in the box.

If he can remain injury free, which I think Milan will be able to take care of him at 34, since there are so many options upfront he wont need to play every game. Having him in top level games is a very important weapon .. He can score at anytime and at any situation.

And now that he will have not ONLY Kaka' but Ronaldinho feeding him will make him even more dangerous this season.

Lets just hope he remains injury free (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 5 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #21

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

With our current injury list, away players and fitness conditions, I don't expect much.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 5 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (misha @ Aug 5 2008, 10:01 PM) *
With our current injury list, away players and fitness conditions, I don't expect much.

i hope we take some of the primavera players... that'll help cover.

I did hear good things about Osuji and Aubameyang... Darmian too...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 5 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #23

Token Girl
Group Icon

I like Darmian! I've seen him play in person and have watched him a few times on telly. He's scrawny (Pippo-like scrawny) but looks remarkably solid for a kid. Would love to see him get a chance.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 5 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 5 2008, 11:03 PM) *
I like Darmian! I've seen him play in person and have watched him a few times on telly. He's scrawny (Pippo-like scrawny) but looks remarkably solid for a kid. Would love to see him get a chance.

You know if we don't get another defender signing this season, I'm all for him joining the senior squad... I've seen him play before too in person... when I was back in Milan a while ago... he has a lot of potential.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 6 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #25

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Nova @ Aug 5 2008, 07:00 AM) *
from channel 4

August 9 - Manchester City (A)
August 17 - Trofeo Berlusconi - Juventus (H)
August 21 - Trofeo Birra Moretti - Napoli and Juventus (Naples)
August 24: Sporting Gijon (A)

What is a Sporting Gijon?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 6 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #26

Token Girl
Group Icon

Hee. A Sporting Gijon is a football team in the Asturias region of Spain. They've been around a good long while (since the early 1900s) and have only just been promoted to the first division (La Liga). They were decently good in the 70s and 80s but then had a nightmare couple of seasons and were relegated to the second division for a decade. Just why Milan are playing them in this friendly is a bit of a mystery to me.

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 6 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #27

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 3,999

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 6 2008, 03:25 AM) *
Hughes: 0-5 ?! Milan normally doesn't loose in such a way

I can't decide whether Hughes is mocking us or trying to show respect? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Aug 6 2008, 04:57 AM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

Hughes expects tough test from Milan stars 05/08/2008 12:39

Mark Hughes is anticipating a tough test against a star-studded AC Milan side in this Saturday’s final pre-season warm-up game.
Hughes’ opposite number from the San Siro, Carlo Ancelotti, is expected to bring a strong squad that is set to include the likes of Kaka, Inzaghi, Gattuso and Maldini. The City boss thinks that facing a side with the quality of the Rossoneri will be the perfect way for City to face the start of the Barclays Premier League season just over a week later.

Hughes says, “I think they will bring a strong squad, they are preparing for a very important season themselves so I think they will see this game at our stadium as a good one to bring them on. They have some exceptionally gifted players and they will be here to do a job as well.

“I’m looking forward to it on Saturday, it will be a competitive game against quality opposition that will bring us on no end.

“It has been a very impressive pre-season programme for us, we have competitive games mixed in with games against some very high-quality opponents and they should get us into great shape for the Premier League.”

Milan’s last game was a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Chelsea, thanks to four goals from Nicolas Anelka, but Hughes is expecting and hoping for a backlash to test his squad.

“That result surprised me, you don’t often see a Milan team lose 5-0! On the back of that we are the next in line so we had better watch out.

“In a way I hope there’s a backlash because we want a competitive game. Some pre-season games don’t have a lot of contact in them and are not games that prepare you in the correct way, but I anticipate that our next two will be very different.”

Kaka, Inzaghi, Gattuso and Maldini. : Inzaghi and Kaka would be part of the team playing cuz they're both injured...

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Aug 6 2008, 04:57 AM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

I hope that Milan shows up in the match compared to the match against Chelsea...

This post has been edited by gal_kenny: Aug 6 2008, 04:58 AM

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 6 2008, 05:10 AM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Regionali B

I hear Inzaghi is alright... he has some muscle issues but it's not so bad. Kaka may be out, but this may a reason we could see Viudez (as attacking mid) play... either way, I hope Kaka gets better fast, last I heard he was in high spirits.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 12:19 PM