Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2013 Summer transfer thread

X-Offender
post Sep 4 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #3016

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Traoré is about to sign for some Turkish club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 4 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #3017

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2013, 04:53 PM) *
Traoré is about to sign for some Turkish club.

Read it. But how? Are we rescinding his contract?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 4 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #3018

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 4 2013, 01:05 PM) *
Read it. But how? Are we rescinding his contract?

Loan, I read.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 4 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #3019

Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2013, 05:40 PM) *
Loan, I read.

Outside of the transfer window? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

EDIT: Kasimapasa is the name of the club. Irrespective of that, I think this is an unfound rumour. Winter is when the transfers are gonna happen.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 4 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #3020

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 4 2013, 01:15 PM) *
Outside of the transfer window? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I believe that you can still send off players to clubs in other countries if their transfer window is still open, and I think in Turkey it is.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 4 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #3021

Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2013, 05:47 PM) *
I believe that you can still send off players to clubs in other countries if their transfer window is still open, and I think in Turkey it is.

I suspected. But wiki says Turkey closes also by Sep 1st. Considering they also play in Europe their regulations couldn't have been that far off.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #3022

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 4 2013, 11:28 AM) *
I suspected. But wiki says Turkey closes also by Sep 1st. Considering they also play in Europe their regulations couldn't have been that far off.

As long as he goes, I don't care how it happens

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 4 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #3023

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Bakaye Traoré is preparing to leave Milan: after the failure to transfer to the Greek Olympiakos via Genoa in the operation that led to the Rossoneri Slovenian Birsa in exchange for Antonini , the Mali midfielder (born 1985 former Nancy) accepted the offer of Kayseri Erciyesspor waiting for him today in Turkey for medical ritual and the signature on the contract.

Link: http://www.calciomercato.com/prima-pagina/...-sissoko-861528

Nice! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ...Now mainly just for Zaccardo!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 4 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #3024

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Good job. Problem is, we've filled our team with new questionable players and so we're just a bit above zero - to say so.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 4 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #3025

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2013, 12:32 PM) *
Good job. Problem is, we've filled our team with new questionable players and so we're just a bit above zero - to say so.

Agreed... but at the same time, at least we're still one less (once it becomes official of course!)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 4 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #3026

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

The Turkish transfer window closes on September 6.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #3027

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2013, 04:32 PM) *

Still Birsa is a better player than Traore, even if I haven't actually seen him play aside from a youtube clip I can safely say this.

Are the Turkish side going to pay us money or is this some ill-conceived loan deal once again? Because if it's just a loan we all know they'll send him back

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 5 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #3028

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 3 2013, 04:41 PM) *
R7, while I get what you're saying, I don't think I agree entirely.

Think about it logically. Yes, most of us like that Kaka has returned and why wouldn't we? He is part of our history, still a player of quality, and not one with an inflated ego. He chose to come back 'home' to us, and even agreed to a more than 50% wage cut in order to do so.

However, was it the 'best' move for us to make? After all we chose to invest in a player who is already 31, and after his 2 year contract is up won't have a higher valuation than of current. He is going to be on the decline, while an up and coming player in someone like Eriksen (£11 mil) would have most likely filled the position just as well, and is likely to improve not only in quality but also in price. Time is on his side.

Well, though it would have been ideal to get players like Eriksen, it should be noted that Kaka was a free transfer and has wages within the wage cap set out by the club. As a short-term fix by adding experience and sentimental values to bolster the club’s income from merchandise and having more people going to games.

Don't get me wrong though, now that we have Kaka, I am happy as well, but deep down I know it was not what was best.

(i) I am asking this because I am genuinely not sure why... but what's the big deal if he qualifies as a Milan youth product? How can this be a major factor in justification? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

The club is required to register x number of home grown players for UEFA/Serie A.

(ii) He may very well be a player the coach specifically requested, but that doesn't mean it was necessary or justifiable in any way.

The coach is the one choosing our line-ups, we all agree that he has no business coaching Milan, but the reality of the matter is that he is the coach. Each has his own valuation of players, but Allegri will be responsible if he does not meet the club’s target, especially after giving him the player(s) he requested.

(iii) You say he didn't cost Milan 11MM, as the same is cancelled out by KPB's transfer fee. I see you decided to take the optimistic approach on this one. I choose to take the pessimistic approach (or the 'realist' one if you will), because at the end of the day, all I see is that we had cash in hand (from a player who could have been utilized on a regular basis in our starting MF in a rotational sense at the very least) and we chose to 'waste' away the cash on a player who is 3 years older, and joins a team already full of attackers in SES, Balo, Robinho, Niang... Pazzini (once he returns), Kaka (must now also be taken into consideration)... and Petagna (who could have also still been here).

I am not optimistic Trini … Trust me, I am not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
But again, Matri is the coach’s choice. He will bear the responsibility to show the results now.

I also believe that we still have a good foundation to build on, but I cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that we stumbled and bounced our heads a couple times well in this one transfer window. From sticking to act quickly & as a result missing out on opportunities which would have benefited us even better, to making rash decisions (see... Coppola, Vergara, Matri, Silvestre, Barisa).

I don’t see them as hasty decisions by the club, I see it more as a tactical strategy to get players at below their market value (or in the commoner’s way of speaking; on the cheap). Missing opportunities? I don’t know about that though, as I know for a fact that the club is banking on its gradually inclusion of youth players. As such, the club have the valuation of those youth players, but they might not be ready to make the step into the first team? Hindsight is biased like that.
I agree, there is much to be desired, but reading through this very thread you could see the disappointment throughout and I am no different. But I guess if you don’t voice your disagreements as loudly as han would, then you are clearly not

Lastly, with squad size of around 31 players, we could have also done a better job in terms of departures & exits to attain a more manageable size.

The following list of players in my opinion were up for contention, due to the fact that they are not up to scratch, and while I'm aware that an entire side cannot be full of quality players, (Zaccardo, Coppola, Traore, Robinho, Muntari, Bonera, Urby & Noccerino)

Bonera (is a squad player, and a loyal Italian one at that; I understand that, I just listed him because I don't think he is a proper rotational or backup player; he is too unpredictable)

Zaccardo & Traore should have been shipped out at all costs (they should have never even arrived), not to mention Coppola!

Reducing the squad is a primary target set by the club, I am disappointed in the same not being meet. However, if the player in question refused to move? If the player in question is valued by the coach? If the player in question was involved in a structured deal (ie a swap) and one of the counterparties disagreed with the arrangement?
It is clear there are a LOT to be desired as a Milanfan these days, you don’t need a comet to hit us on the head to figure that out, but it is what it is, and unless we know why certain decisions were taken, only then will we be convinced of x, y, & z .. IMHO that is.

I understand that we tried to let go of Robinho, but the fact is that in the end we failed to do so because of the ridiculous wages we give him for what he offers, and no other club saw that as a viable investment. If anything, we should have done a Real Madrid and bit the bullet (ala Kaka) and cut our losses, let him go for free (just to get him off the wage bill, and as a result assist the buying club with making the payment)

I know Allegri see Muntari & Urby as great squad players, but that's not to say I have to agree, I chose to list them because I think we can do better than them, and they limit us on the field in terms of how frequently they are utilized. I truly do hope we can get replacements for them sooner rather than later.

If our income supports it, we could have a Seedorf/Gattuso/Pirlo esque midfield, but it clearly does not. And that is where our frustration comes in, as we reduce our ambitions to quality players of a lesser caliber and even then, they don’t come in. Ala Ljajic.

Noccerino... while I like him, is slowly but surely becoming a liability (if not already one). I don't mind keeping hold of him, as we know he had an impressive few years and is capable of being the work horse needed at times, but if he doesn't regain his form there is no point in keeping hold of him. I say give him until December.

Palermo had the player for x amount of years and sold him for 500K. He did brilliantly in his first season, playing off Ibra … But then he went back to his usual Nocerino level. Personally, I do not see much room for improvement from him and wouldn’t careless if he left in the winter TBH.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 6 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #3029

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 5 2013, 06:18 AM) *
Well, though it would have been ideal to get players like Eriksen, it should be noted that Kaka was a free transfer and has wages within the wage cap set out by the club. As a short-term fix by adding experience and sentimental values to bolster the club’s income from merchandise and having more people going to games.

I am of the belief that many of Milan's fan base would have been just as happy with the capture of Eriksen, as they are with Kaka. Obviously for different reasons, and maybe in a different manner, but Eriksen for me would have been the better business decision, while also satisfying the other criteria, that the Kaka transfer did.

Anyway, there is no use crying over spilled milk. We now have a very good player once again in Kaka, and I am certain he can still offer this team much.

The club is required to register x number of home grown players for UEFA/Serie A.

Ok, understood on your point now, but I still don't believe this contributes significantly enough to the overall picture so as to be considered some sort of proper 'justification'.

The coach is the one choosing our line-ups, we all agree that he has no business coaching Milan, but the reality of the matter is that he is the coach. Each has his own valuation of players, but Allegri will be responsible if he does not meet the club’s target, especially after giving him the player(s) he requested.

Well believe it or not... I have not yet written off Allegri.
I may be holding blind hope, or being delusional or whatever but I don't think he is as horrible as is made out to be.
He is far from great, agreed! Maybe even not good, but I think he has done alright. He frustrates me a lot of the time with his decisions and tactics, but at the end of the day, he sees things differently to us, and I will try my best to support him while he is here until he does the unforgivable (...I haven't decided what exactly that is yet tho) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I am not optimistic Trini … Trust me, I am not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
But again, Matri is the coach’s choice. He will bear the responsibility to show the results now.

You may not be fully optimistic, but you sure do know how to try sifting the diamonds out of the rough!

One way or another the responsibility was always going to be with that of Allegri; whether or not he made the request for Matri, but to whether it be a collective management decision or one specifically from the coach. The move was not a logical one, and thus in my opinion not properly justifiable.

I don’t see them as hasty decisions by the club, I see it more as a tactical strategy to get players at below their market value (or in the commoner’s way of speaking; on the cheap). Missing opportunities? I don’t know about that though, as I know for a fact that the club is banking on its gradually inclusion of youth players. As such, the club have the valuation of those youth players, but they might not be ready to make the step into the first team? Hindsight is biased like that.
I agree, there is much to be desired, but reading through this very thread you could see the disappointment throughout and I am no different. But I guess if you don’t voice your disagreements as loudly as han would, then you are clearly not

I understand that we're financially challenged! I get that... but what I don't get is why we choose to invest our limited funds in the wrong areas so very often?

Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that every now and again we play the market very well and get some great bargains (see... Nocerino, Montolivo, De Jong, Kaka, Honda etc), and I agree that every now an then we make the sacrifice and even pull off a miracle or two considering our financial state (see... Ibra, Balo etc)

...and further to all this (as I stated in a previous post), I understand that a team needs a mix of both quality players, and some average joes (the squad fillers), but it seemed to me that what we needed more than anything this time around was quality, but instead we got more of an increase in the squad numbers than squad strength. Numbers which in the end will cost us more than they contribute.

Grooming our own youths is all well and good... great in fact, but we shouldn't just be waiting in vain on them to mature, while the current squad suffers as we pass on realistic opportunities, in 'hope' of creating future success.

Reducing the squad is a primary target set by the club, I am disappointed in the same not being meet. However, if the player in question refused to move? If the player in question is valued by the coach? If the player in question was involved in a structured deal (ie a swap) and one of the counterparties disagreed with the arrangement?
It is clear there are a LOT to be desired as a Milanfan these days, you don’t need a comet to hit us on the head to figure that out, but it is what it is, and unless we know why certain decisions were taken, only then will we be convinced of x, y, & z .. IMHO that is.

Fair point on that fact that departures are sometimes more easily said than done. However a lot of our problems with this are either a result of the players we chose to part with having no proper market value, or due to them being spoiled with high wages and unwilling to go outside for what they're actually worth.

If our income supports it, we could have a Seedorf/Gattuso/Pirlo esque midfield, but it clearly does not. And that is where our frustration comes in, as we reduce our ambitions to quality players of a lesser caliber and even then, they don’t come in. Ala Ljajic.

Definitely this is the case, but that's not to say that we as fans are wrong for becoming frustrated.
As fans it's our duty to want what's best for the squad, and as you've rightly said; we've already reduced our expectations from what we truly want to attain, so when our level of reason is also pushed to the wayside, it surely hurts a lot more!

Palermo had the player for x amount of years and sold him for 500K. He did brilliantly in his first season, playing off Ibra … But then he went back to his usual Nocerino level. Personally, I do not see much room for improvement from him and wouldn’t careless if he left in the winter TBH.

I won't be upset if he left, especially if we are able to get some money off his head, but I think if we can keep someone of Bonera's quality as a rotational squad player, then someone of Nocerino's quality can definitely remain as well.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Sep 6 2013, 01:21 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 7 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #3030

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 6 2013, 04:19 AM) *
and I am certain he can still offer this team much.

Ok, understood on your point now, but I still don't believe this contributes significantly enough to the overall picture so as to be considered some sort of proper 'justification'.

Kaka could be a certain clause for sponsors, that could be a justification. But look, our expectations are not being meet, we want an apple, they give us an orange. We all debate not far off the arguement of the chicken and the egg.

Well believe it or not... I have not yet written off Allegri.
I may be holding blind hope, or being delusional or whatever but I don't think he is as horrible as is made out to be.
He is far from great, agreed! Maybe even not good, but I think he has done alright. He frustrates me a lot of the time with his decisions and tactics, but at the end of the day, he sees things differently to us, and I will try my best to support him while he is here until he does the unforgivable (...I haven't decided what exactly that is yet tho) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Well you do stand on solid grounds then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You may not be fully optimistic, but you sure do know how to try sifting the diamonds out of the rough!

One way or another the responsibility was always going to be with that of Allegri; whether or not he made the request for Matri, but to whether it be a collective management decision or one specifically from the coach. The move was not a logical one, and thus in my opinion not properly justifiable.

I understand that we're financially challenged! I get that... but what I don't get is why we choose to invest our limited funds in the wrong areas so very often?

Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that every now and again we play the market very well and get some great bargains (see... Nocerino, Montolivo, De Jong, Kaka, Honda etc), and I agree that every now an then we make the sacrifice and even pull off a miracle or two considering our financial state (see... Ibra, Balo etc)

...and further to all this (as I stated in a previous post), I understand that a team needs a mix of both quality players, and some average joes (the squad fillers), but it seemed to me that what we needed more than anything this time around was quality, but instead we got more of an increase in the squad numbers than squad strength. Numbers which in the end will cost us more than they contribute.

Grooming our own youths is all well and good... great in fact, but we shouldn't just be waiting in vain on them to mature, while the current squad suffers as we pass on realistic opportunities, in 'hope' of creating future success.

Fair point on that fact that departures are sometimes more easily said than done. However a lot of our problems with this are either a result of the players we chose to part with having no proper market value, or due to them being spoiled with high wages and unwilling to go outside for what they're actually worth.

Definitely this is the case, but that's not to say that we as fans are wrong for becoming frustrated.
As fans it's our duty to want what's best for the squad, and as you've rightly said; we've already reduced our expectations from what we truly want to attain, so when our level of reason is also pushed to the wayside, it surely hurts a lot more!

I won't be upset if he left, especially if we are able to get some money off his head, but I think if we can keep someone of Bonera's quality as a rotational squad player, then someone of Nocerino's quality can definitely remain as well.

I geniunly believe in a plan that the management has, as the financial state of the club has impressed me thus far. In 2008 I posted a thread and concluded Milan should be bankrupt as it had fully depended on Berlusconi's funding, and could never afford the teams Milan had all on its own. Galliani aka the Idiot, has managed to clear very deep waters to have the club stand on its feet. Milan could not have Kaka or Balotelli had it not been for Berlusconi's Milan being a pillar or historic pillar of european football.

I am one who does not approve of Matri, but if Allegri wants more rope to hang himself with, then i say give it to him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Sep 7 2013, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post

203 Pages V  « < 200 201 202 203 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:18 PM