Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2013 Summer transfer thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61
Fillipo Simone
All summer transfer talk here smile.gif
acid911
About time, I say! biggrin.gif tongue.gif Visiting this thread it suddenly dawned on me that the Winter transfer window is over.
X-Offender
So, that Saponara kid will be coming. Hopefully he turns out a quality AM.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 1 2013, 06:02 AM) *
So, that Saponara kid will be coming. Hopefully he turns out a quality AM.

In FM he is listed as a winger.
dst
Then he is a winger.
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2013, 07:54 AM) *
Then he is a winger.

They are a bunch of soccer geeks that do this kind of a thing for a living. They are more often than not accurate with their data. It's not exactly PES or FIFA.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 1 2013, 02:57 PM) *
They are a bunch of soccer geeks that do this kind of a thing for a living. They are more often than not accurate with their data. It's not exactly PES or FIFA.

Agreed.
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 1 2013, 12:57 PM) *

I wasn't joking.
X-Offender
He can play as AM and winger, but his primary position is SS.
Lawbaba
I pray we sign a top quality CB and strenghten our attecking midfield cuz we'll be aiming for CL final next season...................... if and only if we qualify this season.
Bluesummers
Our signings this window have to be perfect if we want to be competitive by the 3 year deadline set
By berlu.

1) keep allegri or get new coach

2) buy out bojan 10-15m or not

3) get a new gk or promote from within

4) etc..

Lots of big decisions to be made that could make or break
Our season. Let's hope Galliani makes the right ones
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 1 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Our signings this window have to be perfect if we want to be competitive by the 3 year deadline set
By berlu.

1) keep allegri or get new coach

2) buy out bojan 10-15m or not

3) get a new gk or promote from within

4) etc..

Lots of big decisions to be made that could make or break
Our season. Let's hope Galliani makes the right ones

It's easy really. If we want to achieve something decent next season then the first step has to be Allegri's dismissal
Bluesummers
But who do we get with our budget? I mean allegri only makes 1.5m a year. Thats pretty low for someone whose won serie A best coach award.

han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 1 2013, 10:11 PM) *
But who do we get with our budget? I mean allegri only makes 1.5m a year. Thats pretty low for someone whose won serie A best coach award.

Any number of Italian coaches would be better.

Montella, Spaletti, Donadoni. They're not top class coaches (although Montella can be great with more experiance) but they're infinately better than this guy we have making stupid decisions week in week out
Bluesummers
Donadoni? I'm not quite sure. Spaletti yes but we wont be able to match the salary the zenit give him. Montella I have no opinion on, haven't seen him enough.

I don't think allegri is that bad. I would switch him up only for a coach that we know is much better
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 2 2013, 04:14 AM) *
Donadoni? I'm not quite sure. Spaletti yes but we wont be able to match the salary the zenit give him. Montella I have no opinion on, haven't seen him enough.

Montella is okay enough, I guess. unsure.gif Not the worst choice we can make. At least he does not seem to stick with his idiotic decisions and is more dynamically adaptable.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 2 2013, 04:14 AM) *
I don't think allegri is that bad. I would switch him up only for a coach that we know is much better

Allegri is not bad, he's just drawn that way. innocent.gif
X-Offender
I want Rijkaard for next season.
Bluesummers
IF montella is good then why not, i'm for it. I just don't want to switch him for someone like zeman, whose gonna mess up the whole place. Allegri has been here for almost 3 years now and things have been running okay.
Bluesummers
Winter transfers in full detail:

Arrivals:

Cristian Zaccardo (31, defender, Parma, swapped)

Riccardo Saponara (21, midfielder, Empoli, €4m)

Mario Balotelli (22, forward, Manchester City €20 million)

Bartosz Salamon (21, defender, Brescia, €3.5m)

Departures:

Alexandre Pato (23, forward, Corinthians, €15m)

Djamel Mesbah (28, defender, Parma, swapped)

Rodney Strasser (22, midfielder, Parma, loan)

Mattia Valoti (19, midfielder, Albinoleffe, loan)

Francesco Acerbi (24, defender, Genoa, swapped)

Ferdinando Coppola (34, goalkeeper, Torino, undisclosed)

Urby Emanuelson (26, midfielder, Fulham, loan)

Adria Carmona (20, midfielder, Real Zaragoza, loan)
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 1 2013, 11:14 PM) *

You don't think Allegri is "that bad"?!

Allegri is terrible in every aspect it takes to be even a half decent coach! And on top of that he's so pigheaded that I can't even stand the sight of him anymore!! Don't even try to make me list all the bad things about him because I'd write you an assey on that one.

If we want improvements for next season then Allegri simply has to go! No more chances for him to screw this team up even more than he already did in these last few years.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 2 2013, 12:09 AM) *
I want Rijkaard for next season.

Another much better option then this idiot currently coaching the team

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 2 2013, 12:09 AM) *
IF montella is good then why not, i'm for it. I just don't want to switch him for someone like zeman, whose gonna mess up the whole place. Allegri has been here for almost 3 years now and things have been running okay.

Montella is good and has a lot of potential from what I've seen during his spells at Catania and Fiorentina now. Running ok? You think handing over a Scudetto last season and the huge mess he's made this season is running okay?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2013, 04:08 AM) *
You don't think Allegri is "that bad"?!

Allegri is terrible in every aspect it takes to be even a half decent coach! And on top of that he's so pigheaded that I can't even stand the sight of him anymore!! Don't even try to make me list all the bad things about him because I'd write you an assey on that one.

If we want improvements for next season then Allegri simply has to go! No more chances for him to screw this team up even more than he already did in these last few years.

Another much better option then this idiot currently coaching the team

Montella is good and has a lot of potential from what I've seen during his spells at Catania and Fiorentina now. Running ok? You think handing over a Scudetto last season and the huge mess he's made this season is running okay?

It can be a lot worst, trust me lol. Lotsssssssssss of terrible coaches out there. He's not as bad as you make him out to be.

But overall i'd be open to change as long as its better than him
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 2 2013, 06:32 AM) *
It can be a lot worst, trust me lol. Lotsssssssssss of terrible coaches out there. He's not as bad as you make him out to be.

But overall i'd be open to change as long as its better than him

Blasphemy! Allegri is the devil combined with a mentally retarded chimp! /s

Seriously, han left objectivity behind a long time ago in regards to Allegri. I think all that is left is blind hate.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 2 2013, 11:03 AM) *
Blasphemy! Allegri is the devil combined with a mentally retarded chimp! /s

Seriously, han left objectivity behind a long time ago in regards to Allegri. I think all that is left is blind hate.

Why should I be objective about Allegri when he clearly does not even TRY to correct his mistakes?

Always the same BS with him. We make one decent step forward and you think we're about to start improving and then proceeds to make 4 backwards. Always the same thing. Always the same bad decisions. Allegri does not deserve any objectivity at this point.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2013, 12:12 PM) *
Always the same BS with him. We make one decent step forward and you think we're about to start improving and then proceeds to make 4 backwards.

"Always"? In the past 10 games only Barca have picked up more points than us in the top European leagues, hardly going in the wrong direction.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 2 2013, 11:40 AM) *
"Always"? In the past 10 games only Barca have picked up more points than us in the top European leagues, hardly going in the wrong direction.

This has been our easiest stretch in the fixture list by far. The hard games will now come rolling in one after the other. Does it really matter that we're barely scraping wins against the likes of Bologna, Atalanta, Samp (oh sorry that was a draw) when we come up against the better sides and we'll get absolutely hammered like we did against Roma?

The point has always been the performances, because they might not matter much if you manage to scrap through against the previously mentioned team, but the terrible way we've been playing will count when the fixture list won't be so forgiving.

That's my entire point regarding the steps back we always make. Because in one game where we seem to have made some sort of step forward in the way we're playing, the following game is the epitome of terrible because of some decision or other that Allegri has made. Such as the inlclusion of the clumsy Niang now on the wing. We think it's great that he's FINALLY moved Boateng back in his natural position and he does something stupid to counteract that by playing Niang there
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2013, 01:18 PM) *
This has been our easiest stretch in the fixture list by far.

Juve lost to both Milan clubs, drew with Lazio and Fiorentina. "easy games" are where things are won. You don't get anywhere winning a few games against top clubs. Performances for the most part have been much improved lately anyway. Last weekend was a bit shaky, but it happens.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 2 2013, 12:24 PM) *
Juve lost to both Milan clubs, drew with Lazio and Fiorentina. "easy games" are where things are won. You don't get anywhere winning a few games against top clubs. Performances for the most part have been much improved lately anyway. Last weekend was a bit shaky, but it happens.

That's why Juve have let a large point gap slip right?

We've lost enough games against both good and bad teams this season. And if you call scraping through these games "much improved" then that is your view and I simply cannot share it with you.

Our recent run has took us to 5th place after that horrible start we made, but if we slip up in the upcoming harder fixtures then we'll easily be back in midtable due to how close the points are between the teams

kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2013, 01:43 PM) *
That's why Juve have let a large point gap slip right?

Their lead was still fine. It's points dropped against Samp and Genoa recently that's seen their lead slip. wink.gif
Danny
Championships are won by the gritty away and indeed home wins v the likes of Catania and Atalanta. The marquee matches are crucial too but the sheer volume of teams weaker than Milan means that it's absurd to suggest the matches against the big rivals decide the league.

They don't.

Simple maths.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 2 2013, 11:52 PM) *
Championships are won by the gritty away and indeed home wins v the likes of Catania and Atalanta. The marquee matches are crucial too but the sheer volume of teams weaker than Milan means that it's absurd to suggest the matches against the big rivals decide the league.

They don't.

Simple maths.

No they don't decide a league. BUT in our case it's not a league title that has to be decided. It's the last CL spot against the likes of Inter, Roma, Fiorentina and Lazio, all of which we'll be facing in the coming weeks aside from Roma. And if you think that these won't be crucial for that CL spot then I don't know what else to tell you.

My point is kurt that we've lost too many points already against BOTH big and small clubs, enough to make these next few games count for a LOT. While Juve have blazed through the first part of the league, so losing a bit of points here and there has so far not hurt their position, whether that is lost points against big or small sides.

And one final point. If you think the big ties don't matter that much in the course of a season then all you have to look at is our Scudetto winning season versus last season.

In our Scudetto win we basically disposed of all the small sides with ease, while ALSO winning the big ties, double against Napoli, double against Inter, lost 1 won 1 against Juve, I think a draw and win against Roma and so on. Last season on the other hand we struggled in all our big ties, which in the end basically decided the Scudetto.

My point is, when things are close you simply have to win those head-to-head ties. And rght now that CL spot is VERY tight, and I can't see it changing too much in the coming months
Bluesummers
Galliani: ""The story about Kaka is a closed chapter for me," he told Corriere dello Sport. "Real Madrid wanted €18 million - a figure that given his age and salary demands made a deal frankly unthinkable."
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 3 2013, 10:58 AM) *
Galliani: ""The story about Kaka is a closed chapter for me," he told Corriere dello Sport. "Real Madrid wanted €18 million - a figure that given his age and salary demands made a deal frankly unthinkable."

Would be interesting to find out what really happened. My guess is that Perez was eager to get rid of an expensive bench-warmer, but selling Kaka back to Milan for a huge loss would have not gone down well with fans, hence Perez and Galliani came up with the "loan deal" (which fell apart once the tax experts looked at it). But 18M is still a huge loss, so I am not sure if my theory holds water. Also, I am not sure why we did not go for the 18M, as we paid more for Balo (perhaps the difference is that we pay Balo over a number of years - I think).
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 6 2013, 03:13 AM) *
Would be interesting to find out what really happened. My guess is that Perez was eager to get rid of an expensive bench-warmer, but selling Kaka back to Milan for a huge loss would have not gone down well with fans, hence Perez and Galliani came up with the "loan deal" (which fell apart once the tax experts looked at it). But 18M is still a huge loss, so I am not sure if my theory holds water. Also, I am not sure why we did not go for the 18M, as we paid more for Balo (perhaps the difference is that we pay Balo over a number of years - I think).

I don't think the length of payment was the difference. Balotelli is a far better buy at 20 million than Kaka at 18. We refused to pay 18 million because he isn't worth that much. He's injury prone, not getting any younger, and not the same player he was back in 07.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 2 2013, 01:09 AM) *

I like Montella, but is he going to leave Fiorentina at this point?

Of the other names mentioned:
- Spalletti - I think he is good, not 100% sure if he will fit Milan, but I would not mind
- Donadoni - kind of like the guy, but I have seen him flop too many times, so no
- Rijkaard - maybe
- Zeman - no way !!!

How about:
- Carletto? (I think his days at PSG are numbered) - kind of like the guy, not sure how well it would work with a "young team" strategy, also a bit too "defensive minded" for my taste
- Di Matteo? - did better at Chelsea than Benitez or Villa-Boas, AFAIAC
- Gasperini? - flopped at Inter and Palermo, but was rated highly at some point
- Guidolin? - has shown the ability to adapt to a constantly changing team and take it close to the top

As for Allegri, I am a little less negative than I was a few months ago, but I still question his tactical choices as well as his ability to motivate the team. In other words, I would like to think that we can do better.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2013, 08:22 AM) *
I don't think the length of payment was the difference. Balotelli is a far better buy at 20 million than Kaka at 18. We refused to pay 18 million because he isn't worth that much. He's injury prone, not getting any younger, and not the same player he was back in 07.

No disagreement, Balo is a much better choice for the money. And (unlike Man City, who dropped the asking price considerably) I have a feeling that RC would have not gone any lower in their demands (loss of face issue, given what they paid us only a few years ago). Still, I think Kaka could have been a positive influence on the rest of the players.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 3 2013, 12:52 AM) *

They don't.

Simple maths.

What really hurts is the games we lost at the beginning of the season against teams we should have beaten. OTOH, (despite my general unhappiness with Allegri) I have to admit that it would have been hard for any coach to recover after the squad was decimated during the summer.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 6 2013, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2013, 10:22 AM) *

What milanbuf88 said ... @Forza Milan, We will never find out the details, just that Kaka was probably the 2nd choice transfer in case Balotelli never materialized. Everything that happened pre-transfer window and during the transfer window was a means to negotiate better terms for Balotelli. Everything from Silvio calling Balo a bad apple, to Galliani stating we are fine as we are to all the comments that was fed to the media by our upper management was a direct attempt to ensure Balotelli arrives at the terms and conditions suitable for Milan.

In other words, all that we heard streaming from the media was the tip of an iceberg, beneath it was a mammoth of details. Without it, we can never know what was meant, just that the intentions were to get the player at our terms. And it worked.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 6 2013, 01:53 AM) *
What milanbuf88 said ... @Forza Milan, We will never find out the details, just that Kaka was probably the 2nd choice transfer in case Balotelli never materialized. Everything that happened pre-transfer window and during the transfer window was a means to negotiate better terms for Balotelli. Everything from Silvio calling Balo a bad apple, to Galliani stating we are fine as we are to all the comments that was fed to the media by our upper management was a direct attempt to ensure Balotelli arrives at the terms and conditions suitable for Milan.

Are these facts? Do you have any sources to back up these claims?

innocent.gif
Zed.D
Doesn't any need source. Milan's management are very smart people, other team's managements (especially wannabes like Man City) are plain stupid. so it all makes sense. we fooled them by declaring Balo a bad apple and they fell for it and gave him to us at terms and conditions suitable for us. I'm sorry if can't you see that!
acid911
I could be wrong but I think Max was in sarcastic mood in the post above. unsure.gif biggrin.gif You know, how R7 always brings up the sources claim in his discussions, particularly with Han, hehe. But having said that, I must add that Milan's management are not always smart - they have had their share of duds and downright ugly decisions.

We can go on an say whatever we want (well they are better than City's management), but these are facts.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 6 2013, 11:38 AM) *
I could be wrong but I think Max was in sarcastic mood in the post above. unsure.gif

As was Zeddie's post.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 03:45 PM) *
As was Zeddie's post.

He was? huh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 6 2013, 12:06 PM) *
He was? huh.gif

As far as I know Zeddie isn't a big fan of the management, so I'm assuming he was being sarcastic.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 05:19 AM) *
As far as I know Zeddie isn't a big fan of the management, so I'm assuming he was being sarcastic.

But he also flip flops more than Romney... tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 04:19 PM) *

That he isn't, but I did not smell any sarcasm from his comment above. smile.gif He came across as genuinely defending the management. Regardless, this is something only he can explain best.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 6 2013, 04:29 PM) *
But he also flip flops more than Romney...

True, true. laugh.gif Nice!
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 10:03 AM) *
Doesn't any need source. Milan's management are very smart people, other team's managements (especially wannabes like Man City) are plain stupid. so it all makes sense. we fooled them by declaring Balo a bad apple and they fell for it and gave him to us at terms and conditions suitable for us. I'm sorry if can't you see that!

I hope kurt is right and you are being sarcastic here tongue.gif

These are the same guys who sold Silva and Ibra this summer. Rejected 35m for Pato last winter only to give up and sell him for not even half of that not even a whole year later. Replaced Sheva by paying nearly 20m to get Oliveira. Keep bringing in players like Traore, Mesbah, etc who we then cannot get rid of because they're more than happy to sit on the Milan bench earning a decent salary. Let Pirlo go on a free transfer because of a stupid 1 year only extention for over 30 players and then sign the 31 year old Zaccardo for nearly 5 years. The list can keep goin until this entire page is filled with only my post.

For every half decent transfer they manage to accomplish, Galliani follows it up by 5 gaffs.

Let's not kid ourselves, City want to get Balo out as he was a big problem for them. The only reason we got him for 20m is because they were willing to go down to that price, and not because Galliani and Silvio ran their mouths off in the media. Clubs these ays are not as gullible as these guys seem to think they are. Had City been ok with keeping Balo then they wuld hae kept him, just like with Tevez when they wouldn't go a cent down from their initial asking price even if he was playing golf in S. America at the time
Zed.D
unsure.gif Isn't my sarcasm obvious? wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 01:46 PM) *
unsure.gif Isn't my sarcasm obvious? wink.gif

I have to say, on that one it really seemed like you were serious. Only kurt was able to tell you were being sarcastic
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Isn't my sarcasm obvious?

From casual reading it wasn't. happy.gif Only after reading it again did it come through.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2013, 07:00 PM) *
I have to say, on that one it really seemed like you were serious. Only kurt was able to tell you were being sarcastic

Exactly. smile.gif Kurt probably cheated, and brought statistics in as he said in the post above, fan of management, and all that. But the Zed I know is usually, shall I say, calm, collected and plain simple in his posts. That is why he got us.
William405
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2013, 12:03 PM) *

Yyees so true!!

Anyway in all seriousness, look at what newcastle got this transfer window...that is what i call smart purshases..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.