KillerMax
post Oct 14 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2012, 01:33 PM) *
I don't see any champions around.

There is... well there was that... OK there's gotta be.. Yeah there is no one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 15 2012, 01:03 AM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Yeah De Sciglio is more versatile. Because Maldini was not a right-footed player that developed his left foot so well he became the most consistent player and best defender in the history of this sport at left-back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 18 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #18

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

He was pretty good last night.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Nov 18 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #19

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Agreed.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 18 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yeah, finally we have competitive fullbacks, at least on the right side. The left back worries me, it's a mess really. We have a useless LM turned into a LB (Mesbah), then a solid backup LB (Antonini), then a potentially solid LM turned into a LB (Constant) and a true winger who isn't even considered as fullback (Emanuelson). So many option, but no true defending LB with potential.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 1 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #21

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Defiant De Sciglio

Mattia De Sciglio has been one of the outstanding players of Milan’s campaign to date, but, as Dylan Fahy writes, his professionalism on and off the pitch has stood out above all else.

Robinho and Riccardo Montolivo led the celebrations for Milan at full-time against Juventus at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Sunday evening. The entire team ran towards the Curva Sud holding hands, as the Brazilian’s controversial first-half penalty secured a narrow victory over the Italian champions. While joining in initially, full-back Mattia De Sciglio was one of the first Rossoneri players to leave the field after shaking hands with his Turin-based counterparts.

“We must keep our feet on the ground and look towards Catania,” asserted 20-year-old – the first Milan player to engage with the Press, before any other senior figure within the squad. The promising youngster’s display throughout was one of a player several years his senior, as he silenced the Bianconeri’s threat down the right side with Kwadwo Asamoah in particular having little to no effect on the game whatsoever. Aiding the midfield, he also blocked Claudio Marchisio’s trademark darting runs into the box whenever possible.

De Sciglio grew up in Rozzano, a small municipality south-west of Milan, and joined the club in 2002. Having spent 10 years in the side’s academy, he was included in the squad for the 2011-12 season and made his debut in the Champions League against Viktoria Plzen. Despite featuring in the derby against Inter, he only played a bit part before being handed the No 2 jersey in the summer ahead of the current campaign. The Milan native has been one of the shining lights in what has been an abysmal start to the season.

Aside from his impressive appearances since breaking on to the scene last year, De Sciglio has hit a chord with the Rossoneri faithful because of his professional attitude on and off the pitch. One of the underlining complaints of the team from seasoned supporters over the past several months have been that certain members of Massimiliano Allegri’s squad are simply ‘unlikeable’ characters. Since the exodus of key figures such as Gennaro Gattuso and Clarence Seedorf, the club has been missing players who represent the values and sentiments of the supporters.

De Sciglio has been forced to deny speculation that he will be a regular in Cesare Prandelli’s Italy line-ups in qualification for the 2014 World Cup following his performance against Juventus. His raw ability only needs time and a consistent run of games to mature to the level in which he could feature on the Azzurri stage. However, there are no doubts that he already has the right kind of attitude to slot straight into the side should Prandelli make that call.

What I've been saying all along. it's sad that he'll probably head for the bench once Abate returns. I wish at there was at least a way both could play. maybe Abate as an RM or RW and DS as a RB? that way Abate won't have to worry about defending anymore and can focus on improving his attacking skills.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 1 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #22

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 1 2012, 04:00 PM) *
that way Abate won't have to worry about defending anymore and can focus on improving his attacking skills.

If he has any, that is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I've been a big supporter of Abate through the years, preferred him to other senior players when most people though otherwise, but the guy's hit a plateau as far as his improvements are concerned. His attack was almost non-existent before and he is doing little to develop it.

So much so that I prefer De Sciglio over him any given Sunday. At least the kid has room to improve!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 1 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 1 2012, 11:38 AM) *
If he has any, that is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I've been a big supporter of Abate through the years, preferred him to other senior players when most people though otherwise, but the guy's hit a plateau as far as his improvements are concerned. His attack was almost non-existent before and he is doing little to develop it.

So much so that I prefer De Sciglio over him any given Sunday. At least the kid has room to improve!

??

DS needs to improve a lot more to take Abate's place.

In terms of attacking play Abate is still a lot better. yes DS puts in a good cross, but in terms of runs, overlapping, speed, agility, etc. Abate is the clear winner.

Also in the defending aspect. DS has had 2 good games in that regard but Abate is still the best option.

DS will get there in time, however, I seriously don't think Abate will ever be played on the right wing and I hope he doesn't as he wouldn't be as effective.

I personally think it's great that we have 2 options for that position, but when both are fir you have to choose the best option and right now Abate is that. DS will keep developing over time. And him being a sure starter would most likely halt his progress as well

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 1 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #24

Primavera

DS has had only two good games defensively? good to know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

I absolutely don't want to start another argument and I won't continue any further, but I think DS is already as good a defender as Abate (if not better). he makes way more successful tackles/interceptions in a game than Abate does and we're yet to concede a goal directly because of his mistake. as I said I hope Allegri finds a solution to play both at the same time. neither deserve to be benched because of the other, especially DS.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 1 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 1 2012, 03:50 PM) *
DS has had only two good games defensively? good to know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

I absolutely don't want to start another argument and I won't continue any further, but I think DS is already as good a defender as Abate (if not better). he makes way more successful tackles/interceptions in a game than Abate does and we're yet to concede a goal directly because of his mistake. as I said I hope Allegri finds a solution to play both at the same time. neither deserve to be benched because of the other, especially DS.

I didn't say he only had 2. But imo the Juve game and the one yesterday were the most eye catching for me PERSONALLY. Especially after the mare he had in the CL and a couple of shaky ones in the league.

And these things are to be expected because he is still so green. Which is exactly why he cannot be our sure starter.

No, he isn't as good as Abate. When I see DS handling the likes of Villa, Eto'o and C. Ron then we can talk. Yes Abate has had nightmare games against Milito in the past which for some reason always manages to get the better of him, but other then that he's always reliable and solid in defence. In fact most people after last season were complaining about his attacking game because his end product was still poor, but in terms of defending he's great, and DS still has some steps to take before he can be on the same level

Once again NOTE, that I'm not saying that he won't get there or that he doesn't have the potential to become even BETTER than Abate, but that he's just not there yet.

I don't agree with you about the tackles and interceptions, as Abate is always the one who's running back and covering, even for his CBs at time, which DS still has yet to do. Also, I completely disagree with the part about conceeding a goal due to his mistake, he made one just a week ago in the CL which resulted in a goal. Abate did 1 stupid thing this season by leaving his hand in the air and you're suddenly reducing him to a Serie B level defender for it. And you tell me that I'm biased!!

Every commentator that I've listened to or article or blog that I've read acknoledged how good Abate is. I think the commentator in our game against Catania yesterday was talking about this because he was talking about DS. Saying that yes he is such a huge potential but you have Abate who will be coming in who's the best in the league along side Lichsteiner.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 6 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #26

Primavera

Maldini: 'De Sciglio has Milan style'
By Football Italia staff

Mattia De Sciglio admitted he wanted to follow in Paolo Maldini’s footsteps and the legend confirmed he “has the Milan style.”

The 20-year-old full-back came up through the youth academy and today said he’d love to repeat Maldini’s career as a one-club man.

“I like to see Mattia play,” Maldini told Milan Channel. “I like the way he pushes forward and goes up the wing, plus he has the advantage of being able to play on the right or the left.

“He certainly has the Milan style and is the right face for Milan. He can improve physically, but at his age I too wasn’t fully developed in my musculature.

“I think Mattia does have to improve on one aspect of his game. It’s all well and good that he’s such a polite young man, but with the ball he must have more of a sporting ‘killer instinct.’ It’s purely a sporting term, of course.”

Straight from the.. God's mouth. I agree with Him on the last bit as well.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 6 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 5 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Straight from the.. God's mouth. I agree with Him on the last bit as well.

Yeah! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 5 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #28

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Boateng: "De Sciglio is the best fullback in Italy, but with that hairstyle he looks like my grandfather"

Link

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 5 2013, 07:08 PM
Post #29

Primavera

What an idiot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If DS changes his hairstyle to that ridiculous Mohawk thing I'll never forgive Boa!

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Apr 5 2013, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 5 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Idiot.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:35 PM