Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De Sciglio
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2
KillerMax

Young defender. Break a leg!

Well not literally...
acid911
Max is on the loose, run for the hills! ohmy.gif tongue.gif One of the better talents we have, nice to see him as a regular.
KillerMax
It says on the official website he is 181. He looks taller to me. Maybe because he is skinny?
X-Offender
De Sciglio might be called by Prandelli for the friendly Italy will play against England on 15 August.

Link

What a huge step that would be, and so soon!
acid911
Awesome! cool.gif I think this guy will come out good for us, he just seems to possess that finesse.
TheOgre
He got called up! Very nice young man.

http://football-italia.net/22838/acerbi-de...et-azzurri-call
Fillipo Simone
Interesting. I really hope he turns out good.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/98ijIBQayvU

Muntari puke.gif De Sciglio king.gif
Fillipo Simone
What a nice guy. Hopefully not getting spoiled.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 12 2012, 08:03 AM) *
http://youtu.be/98ijIBQayvU

Muntari puke.gif De Sciglio king.gif

Proud to say that me and DS own the same car biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Now THAT is a Milan player. A VW Golf though? Can't Milan just give him an Audi? It IS the company car isn't it?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 12 2012, 11:17 AM) *
Now THAT is a Milan player. A VW Golf though? Can't Milan just give him an Audi? It IS the company car isn't it?

It's a Polo, not a Golf.
Zed.D
De Sciglio sees Maldini comparison
By Football Italia staff

Mattia De Sciglio is “honoured” by the comparison with Milan and Italy legend Paolo Maldini, though the 19-year-old is arguably more versatile.

“As a right-footed player, I can play on the right or the left of defence. I already played three games there and have done it in the past without problems,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“In fact, when pushing forward I have the option to cut back and shoot with my stronger foot.”

The Under-21 international is breaking his way into the Milan line-up and has been compared with another youth academy product, Maldini.

“Obviously I am honoured by the comparison with a phenomenon beyond reach like Maldini, but I stop there.

“I am young and have to improve in every area of my game. I’ve got to be more attentive when defending, as in Serie A there are players who will pounce on the slightest inch of space.

“Milan is the ideal place to grow, as I get to learn from all these champions.”

Like him more and more each time I see or hear something about him.
X-Offender
“Milan is the ideal place to grow, as I get to learn from all these champions.”

I don't see any champions around.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2012, 10:33 PM) *

biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2012, 01:33 PM) *

There is... well there was that... OK there's gotta be.. Yeah there is no one.
dst
Yeah De Sciglio is more versatile. Because Maldini was not a right-footed player that developed his left foot so well he became the most consistent player and best defender in the history of this sport at left-back. tongue.gif
X-Offender
He was pretty good last night.
TriniKing_CE
Agreed.
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, finally we have competitive fullbacks, at least on the right side. The left back worries me, it's a mess really. We have a useless LM turned into a LB (Mesbah), then a solid backup LB (Antonini), then a potentially solid LM turned into a LB (Constant) and a true winger who isn't even considered as fullback (Emanuelson). So many option, but no true defending LB with potential.
Zed.D
Defiant De Sciglio

Mattia De Sciglio has been one of the outstanding players of Milan’s campaign to date, but, as Dylan Fahy writes, his professionalism on and off the pitch has stood out above all else.

Robinho and Riccardo Montolivo led the celebrations for Milan at full-time against Juventus at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Sunday evening. The entire team ran towards the Curva Sud holding hands, as the Brazilian’s controversial first-half penalty secured a narrow victory over the Italian champions. While joining in initially, full-back Mattia De Sciglio was one of the first Rossoneri players to leave the field after shaking hands with his Turin-based counterparts.

“We must keep our feet on the ground and look towards Catania,” asserted 20-year-old – the first Milan player to engage with the Press, before any other senior figure within the squad. The promising youngster’s display throughout was one of a player several years his senior, as he silenced the Bianconeri’s threat down the right side with Kwadwo Asamoah in particular having little to no effect on the game whatsoever. Aiding the midfield, he also blocked Claudio Marchisio’s trademark darting runs into the box whenever possible.

De Sciglio grew up in Rozzano, a small municipality south-west of Milan, and joined the club in 2002. Having spent 10 years in the side’s academy, he was included in the squad for the 2011-12 season and made his debut in the Champions League against Viktoria Plzen. Despite featuring in the derby against Inter, he only played a bit part before being handed the No 2 jersey in the summer ahead of the current campaign. The Milan native has been one of the shining lights in what has been an abysmal start to the season.

Aside from his impressive appearances since breaking on to the scene last year, De Sciglio has hit a chord with the Rossoneri faithful because of his professional attitude on and off the pitch. One of the underlining complaints of the team from seasoned supporters over the past several months have been that certain members of Massimiliano Allegri’s squad are simply ‘unlikeable’ characters. Since the exodus of key figures such as Gennaro Gattuso and Clarence Seedorf, the club has been missing players who represent the values and sentiments of the supporters.

De Sciglio has been forced to deny speculation that he will be a regular in Cesare Prandelli’s Italy line-ups in qualification for the 2014 World Cup following his performance against Juventus. His raw ability only needs time and a consistent run of games to mature to the level in which he could feature on the Azzurri stage. However, there are no doubts that he already has the right kind of attitude to slot straight into the side should Prandelli make that call.

What I've been saying all along. it's sad that he'll probably head for the bench once Abate returns. I wish at there was at least a way both could play. maybe Abate as an RM or RW and DS as a RB? that way Abate won't have to worry about defending anymore and can focus on improving his attacking skills.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 1 2012, 04:00 PM) *
that way Abate won't have to worry about defending anymore and can focus on improving his attacking skills.

If he has any, that is. sleep.gif I've been a big supporter of Abate through the years, preferred him to other senior players when most people though otherwise, but the guy's hit a plateau as far as his improvements are concerned. His attack was almost non-existent before and he is doing little to develop it.

So much so that I prefer De Sciglio over him any given Sunday. At least the kid has room to improve!
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 1 2012, 11:38 AM) *
If he has any, that is. sleep.gif I've been a big supporter of Abate through the years, preferred him to other senior players when most people though otherwise, but the guy's hit a plateau as far as his improvements are concerned. His attack was almost non-existent before and he is doing little to develop it.

So much so that I prefer De Sciglio over him any given Sunday. At least the kid has room to improve!

??

DS needs to improve a lot more to take Abate's place.

In terms of attacking play Abate is still a lot better. yes DS puts in a good cross, but in terms of runs, overlapping, speed, agility, etc. Abate is the clear winner.

Also in the defending aspect. DS has had 2 good games in that regard but Abate is still the best option.

DS will get there in time, however, I seriously don't think Abate will ever be played on the right wing and I hope he doesn't as he wouldn't be as effective.

I personally think it's great that we have 2 options for that position, but when both are fir you have to choose the best option and right now Abate is that. DS will keep developing over time. And him being a sure starter would most likely halt his progress as well
Zed.D
DS has had only two good games defensively? good to know innocent.gif

I absolutely don't want to start another argument and I won't continue any further, but I think DS is already as good a defender as Abate (if not better). he makes way more successful tackles/interceptions in a game than Abate does and we're yet to concede a goal directly because of his mistake. as I said I hope Allegri finds a solution to play both at the same time. neither deserve to be benched because of the other, especially DS.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 1 2012, 03:50 PM) *
DS has had only two good games defensively? good to know innocent.gif

I absolutely don't want to start another argument and I won't continue any further, but I think DS is already as good a defender as Abate (if not better). he makes way more successful tackles/interceptions in a game than Abate does and we're yet to concede a goal directly because of his mistake. as I said I hope Allegri finds a solution to play both at the same time. neither deserve to be benched because of the other, especially DS.

I didn't say he only had 2. But imo the Juve game and the one yesterday were the most eye catching for me PERSONALLY. Especially after the mare he had in the CL and a couple of shaky ones in the league.

And these things are to be expected because he is still so green. Which is exactly why he cannot be our sure starter.

No, he isn't as good as Abate. When I see DS handling the likes of Villa, Eto'o and C. Ron then we can talk. Yes Abate has had nightmare games against Milito in the past which for some reason always manages to get the better of him, but other then that he's always reliable and solid in defence. In fact most people after last season were complaining about his attacking game because his end product was still poor, but in terms of defending he's great, and DS still has some steps to take before he can be on the same level

Once again NOTE, that I'm not saying that he won't get there or that he doesn't have the potential to become even BETTER than Abate, but that he's just not there yet.

I don't agree with you about the tackles and interceptions, as Abate is always the one who's running back and covering, even for his CBs at time, which DS still has yet to do. Also, I completely disagree with the part about conceeding a goal due to his mistake, he made one just a week ago in the CL which resulted in a goal. Abate did 1 stupid thing this season by leaving his hand in the air and you're suddenly reducing him to a Serie B level defender for it. And you tell me that I'm biased!!

Every commentator that I've listened to or article or blog that I've read acknoledged how good Abate is. I think the commentator in our game against Catania yesterday was talking about this because he was talking about DS. Saying that yes he is such a huge potential but you have Abate who will be coming in who's the best in the league along side Lichsteiner.
Zed.D
Maldini: 'De Sciglio has Milan style'
By Football Italia staff

Mattia De Sciglio admitted he wanted to follow in Paolo Maldini’s footsteps and the legend confirmed he “has the Milan style.”

The 20-year-old full-back came up through the youth academy and today said he’d love to repeat Maldini’s career as a one-club man.

“I like to see Mattia play,” Maldini told Milan Channel. “I like the way he pushes forward and goes up the wing, plus he has the advantage of being able to play on the right or the left.

“He certainly has the Milan style and is the right face for Milan. He can improve physically, but at his age I too wasn’t fully developed in my musculature.

“I think Mattia does have to improve on one aspect of his game. It’s all well and good that he’s such a polite young man, but with the ball he must have more of a sporting ‘killer instinct.’ It’s purely a sporting term, of course.”

Straight from the.. God's mouth. I agree with Him on the last bit as well.
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 5 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Straight from the.. God's mouth. I agree with Him on the last bit as well.

Yeah! biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Boateng: "De Sciglio is the best fullback in Italy, but with that hairstyle he looks like my grandfather"

Link

rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
What an idiot laugh.gif

If DS changes his hairstyle to that ridiculous Mohawk thing I'll never forgive Boa!
Fillipo Simone
Idiot.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2013, 02:34 PM) *
Boateng: "De Sciglio is the best fullback in Italy, but with that hairstyle he looks like my grandfather"

Link

rolleyes.gif

I think it would be hilarious if, for the last game of the season, the entire team rocked a mohawk. After they could shave their head for charity.
Zed.D
If we were celebrating a Scudetto, yes.
Jack Bauer
DS was involved in automobile accident but wasn't hurt.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calci...a8-illeso.shtml
Fillipo Simone
Luckily.
han2503
Bumped
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 9 2014, 11:25 AM) *
Bumped

Why?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 9 2014, 12:51 PM) *
Why?

To push back the old threads that I moved to the past players section.

These threads (DS, Abate, Abbiati) were alienated on the 3rd page while players who are no longer with us were on the first
Danny
That we haven't had a damn word to say about MDS in 8 months sums up just how terrible he's become.

And that he had an absolute shocker v Genoa then lasted 42 seconds yesterday pretty much epitomises where he's at.

All that promise of 2011/2012 when folk had him as the next Maldini.

He's garbage. Absolute garbage. Has no positional sense, can't defend, his passing is horrendous and he offers nothing in an attacking capacity. He's El-Shaarawy but in defence.
Fillipo Simone
Oh God, you tend to exaggerate things. He's a young player that needs to be nourished and slowly developed. This schizophrenic situation with Milan for the past 2 seasons doesn't help. Granted, he's been bad this season, but I still have much hope for him. Saying he's garbage is just not necessary.
han2503
Agreed, Fillipo.

He's had as much luck with injuries as SES, add to that the erratic situation at Milan and it's not exactly a hot bed for growing and nurturing young talented players.

What he did in his debut season shows that he has the skill and talent, just like SES. Neither have been able to apply themselves properly for that talent to be cultivated into something great. However, being injured for the majority of the 2 seasons following their debut year, surely doesn't help
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2015, 03:14 PM) *
Oh God, you tend to exaggerate things. He's a young player that needs to be nourished and slowly developed. This schizophrenic situation with Milan for the past 2 seasons doesn't help. Granted, he's been bad this season, but I still have much hope for him. Saying he's garbage is just not necessary.

I agree. It was the wrong word. "Utter f*cking crap" suits better.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2015, 07:17 PM) *
Agreed, Fillipo.

He's had as much luck with injuries as SES, add to that the erratic situation at Milan and it's not exactly a hot bed for growing and nurturing young talented players.

What he did in his debut season shows that he has the skill and talent, just like SES. Neither have been able to apply themselves properly for that talent to be cultivated into something great. However, being injured for the majority of the 2 seasons following their debut year, surely doesn't help

Both of them can kindly bugger off smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 09:35 PM) *
Both of them can kindly bugger off smile.gif

I'd rather keep them and hope they turn out good, or even average than keep the likes of Menez tbh.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ May 4 2015, 11:35 PM) *
I agree. It was the wrong word. "Utter f*cking crap" suits better.

What's the point in bashing players on this level anyway?
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2015, 11:26 PM) *
What's the point in bashing players on this level anyway?

Gets the fury out of an absolutely horrendous season.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2015, 08:45 PM) *
I'd rather keep them and hope they turn out good, or even average than keep the likes of Menez tbh.

I'd rather sell MDS to Real for silly money, and SES to City for silly money.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 5 2015, 12:32 AM) *
I'd rather sell MDS to Real for silly money, and SES to City for silly money.

Neither will go for silly money, that ship sailed before they started getting serious injuries and they missed out on nearly 2 entire seasons

Doesn't it strike you as strange that every young player we've had who plays regularly has had injury after injury
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 5 2015, 10:19 AM) *
Neither will go for silly money, that ship sailed before they started getting serious injuries and they missed out on nearly 2 entire seasons

Doesn't it strike you as strange that every young player we've had who plays regularly has had injury after injury

They're the only two! We don't have anyone else sub-24 who plays regularly! Name any other player of that age to play for us in the past four years on a 'regular basis' and get injured all the time.

Oh yeah, Balotelli. 22 or 23 when he signed. No injuries...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 5 2015, 12:54 PM) *
They're the only two! We don't have anyone else sub-24 who plays regularly! Name any other player of that age to play for us in the past four years on a 'regular basis' and get injured all the time.

Oh yeah, Balotelli. 22 or 23 when he signed. No injuries...

Pato...

Balo is different. He developed through those crucial years as a teen and his early 20s at different clubs

Pato, SES and DS all have been with us, playing regularly as teens. And all have had a horrific injury history
han2503
Bumped.

What do you guys think? Should we sell him (we reportedly want 25 to 30m for him - Juve and Napoli are both interested) or should we keep faith in him lest this turns into another Darmian situation?

Based on his performances for Milan over the last 2 years, I'd FedEx him to either side for that kind of money. But based on the promise he showed in his debut season and the way he played for Italy last summer I'd hold onto him with both hands and won't even consider selling him, especially to Juve or Napoli, but especially not to Juve.

I think he and Calabria could both be future stars and with the 2 of them, Donna and Romagnoli, our defence could be set for the next 10 to 15 years should they all live up to the promise they've shown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.