> CL - Round of Last 16 - Milan - Tottenham

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 4 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #466

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

You think? I don't expect Allegri to come up with that formation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 4 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #467

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2011, 01:38 AM) *
It could very well happen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

yeah but it won't.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 4 2011, 01:39 AM
Post #468

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) You guys seem too sure. But yeah, Allegri will probably play Silva and screw things again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 4 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #469

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Hm, Seedorf as a regista could actually work. I know he was awful in that position against Udinese and a couple of other games in early January, but I'm sure he can do well if he really wants to. It's just one game after all, and it's not like he's tired.

Flamini - Seedorf - Boateng
Robinho

Super offensive midfield, I know, but we need to win after all.

Agreed. We're going there with nothing to lose, playing Silva in the midfield would just mean that Allegri has not learnt his lesson. After last time I'm seriously hoping that he won't try it again.

We're short on mids, Seedorf is a mid, and I can't see Allegri keeping him out of this one and imo he's one of 2 actually reasonable options we have. Silva, Strasser or merkel would be problematic in the midfield if you ask me. Also Boateng could be asked to play a more defensive role, and holding his position in midfield if Seedorf is on, it's not really a super offensive midfield, it's not like playing Boateng, Pirlo and Seedorf or something like that.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 4 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #470

Primavera
Group Icon

I actually think Silva in the midfield would be much more reasonable in this game. And I don't think we need to play very offensively from the start, we only need one goal!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 4 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #471

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2011, 12:02 PM) *
I actually think Silva in the midfield would be much more reasonable in this game. And I don't think we need to play very offensively from the start, we only need one goal!

And play Yepes again for him to make a mistake like the one he did in the first leg? Also why reduce Silva to a position where he doesn't produce his best at? It's really not a good idea.

Also, it is just 1 goal, but if we go out with the mindset we did in the first leg then we won't be able to score, we cannot play with 3 DMs and expect the forwards to do everything from measly long balls from defense, and that is the way that we'd end up playing with Thiago as our "regista" because that is how Allegri plays him.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 4 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #472

Primavera
Group Icon

Yepes' mistake was made in a breakaway... if we play stupidly and leave that much space behind again then we might as well not make the travel to London, we'll get beaten, once more!

Anyway, about Silva, I think he'll be suited there for that game but you're right there's no reason to play him there as it would not change much regarding the outcome of the game.

I'm not saying we should play with 3 DM's, I'm just saying we must not play full attack from the very beginning.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 4 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #473

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I do agree with you on that one. I don't see such a big problem in posing Thiago as a DM. Having Yepes and Nesta in the back is as much a question mark as having Seedorf in midfield. Yes, he is a midfielder and he should be rested enough, but he made a good preformance for the last time against Brescia and that was a long time ago.

I cannot advocate the hard-liner insist on Yepes being at fault for the goal. For me it's a very shallow accusation. The childish gun-ho strategy lead to the goal, which could have been prevented, but in my eyes it was a 50-50 situation, and I really cannot be sure to say Thiago or Nesta would have prevented it.

If we open up with a gun-ho mentality, we'll crush in a wall instantly. I expect Tottenham to open the match with confidence and pushing forward, showing possesional superiority on home soil. The 15 minutes will be crucial to us and our defensive tuning. A Yepes-Nesta defense with Silva coming back and helping out seems to me the best possible solution for a starting 11.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 4 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #474

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2011, 01:52 PM) *
I'm just saying we must not play full attack from the very beginning.

I agree with this.

About Thiago Silva. I prefer to play both Silva and Nesta in central defense. If Strasser is fit to start, I would start him at holding defensive mid (Ambro/Bommel's spot), because in my opinion he is best choice there that's left (not counting Silva since he's in central defense already). If one youngster is mature enough for a game like this, it's Strasser.

If Strasser is/was not fit to start, I would have picked Silva, because then we are/were just out of options (that are acceptable - no way you put Seedorf there! Even at AM he hurts us every game nowadays with losing possession and so. No Seedorf for me.)

About the rest of our midfield and attack. I prefer to play with four midfielders. Basicly it will be Boateng instead of what mostly is Robinho. It makes us stronger in midfield and so we can conquer the ball more easily and so we can create attacks more often. Boateng in front of Merkel, Strasser and Flamini is an option. Jankulovski or Zambrotta as left-back, or maybe Jankulovski in midfield instead of Merkel.

We're lacking options, are behind, so it will be tough. And that we are playing away seems to make it even tougher, but if I look back at our recent away record in CL, it's maybe a good thing. Remember... ?

(This all is not pointing to dst, only the first line, and then I just continued in saying what I have to say.)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 4 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #475

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 4 2011, 01:20 PM) *
I agree with this.

About Thiago Silva. I prefer to play both Silva and Nesta in central defense. If Strasser is fit to start, I would start him at holding defensive mid (Ambro/Bommel's spot), because in my opinion he is best choice there that's left (not counting Silva since he's in central defense already). If one youngster is mature enough for a game like this, it's Strasser.

If Strasser is/was not fit to start, I would have picked Silva, because then we are/were just out of options (that are acceptable - no way you put Seedorf there! Even at AM he hurts us every game nowadays with losing possession and so. No Seedorf for me.)

About the rest of our midfield and attack. I prefer to play with four midfielders. Basicly it will be Boateng instead of what mostly is Robinho. It makes us stronger in midfield and so we can conquer the ball more easily and so we can create attacks more often. Boateng in front of Merkel, Strasser and Flamini is an option. Jankulovski or Zambrotta as left-back, or maybe Jankulovski in midfield instead of Merkel.

We're lacking options, are behind, so it will be tough. And that we are playing away seems to make it even tougher, but if I look back at our recent away record in CL, it's maybe a good thing. Remember... ?

(This all is not pointing to dst, only the first line, and then I just continued in saying what I have to say.)

Playing 4 mids when we only have 2 good ones to start? Not such a good idea. Robinho will obviously be asked to keep to the midfield so we're more compact, but Boateng has to play in the midfield 3 imo. Flamini, Strasser, Merkel? Against Lennon, Modric and VdV? Not a good idea AT ALL. Merkel is not someone who can really hold his own when it comes to being physical or defending, I'd rather he not see the pitch at any point in time in this one. Strasser I think he's ready, but the fact that he doesn't have any experience at this level as well as havng been out for so long doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Seedorf has had some really terrible performances, but he's also had some good ones as well this season, but that's Seedorf, not like it never happened before. I think he'll play at some point in this match, it's inevitable we don't have a midfield and I don't want to see us compromising our central defensive strength by moving Thiago there.

Imo it's either giving one of the kids a chance (Strasser, Merkel) or leaving it to the experienced guys (Seedorf or Janku). Out of those 4 options I only see 3 viable ones (Seedorf, Janku or Strasser) All have their pros and cons as to why they should or should not get to start, imo looking at all those facts about them, I'd pick Janku, if he's not available then Seedorf or Strasser.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 4 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #476

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Um guys, shouldn't we be discussing this in the away return leg thread? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) It's less than a week away. R7, Han, Fillipo, do your magic, please, the luckiest member among you.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Mar 4 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #477

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 4 2011, 03:26 PM) *
Um guys, shouldn't we be discussing this in the away return leg thread? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) It's less than a week away. R7, Han, Fillipo, do your magic, please, the luckiest member among you.

I thought I'd finally create one, though obviously a lot of us are still concerned about the Juve game prior to this!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 4 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #478

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Mar 4 2011, 08:37 PM) *
I thought I'd finally create one, though obviously a lot of us are still concerned about the Juve game prior to this!

True. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Then again, there are just a few day's gap between Juve and Tottenham, and most of the things being discussed here should be in posted in the new thread. Oh, how I love these next few games, all high-profile, all quality challenges for the coach and the players to face up to.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:15 PM