han2503
post Oct 29 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #691

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 29 2011, 10:14 PM) *
Come on now, Inter were mediocre tonight, not unlucky. And Juve played really well. They might not hold in the long run, but you should give credit to where credit is due.

Did you see some of the chances Inter missed?

Inter were unlucky in front of goal while a shambles in defence. They outplayed Juve for large parts of the game imo. But Juve caught them dead on those 4 plays since the Inter defence was no where to be found on those occasions. Both goals came from terrible mistakes in defence. And the 2 Juve chances after the break came because Inter played without a defence in the second half

Again, I'll give Juve the credit if they come out of the next 5 matchdays still on top of the table
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 30 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #692

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I must say, I don't know what your problem with Juve is, but I saw the match rather differently. Juve missed a few chances as well - Matri and that chance for Pepe (I think?). I amit, I missed some of the match, but to say Inter outplayed Juve...well...did you watch second half? Inter had mostly the ball but there wasn't even the slightest organized attack that went well. I don't know...when one uses the word outplayed, I recall Milan beating Barcelona 4-0 or Brazil beating Germany in 2002, but this...no, not as I see it.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Oct 30 2011, 01:02 AM
Post #693

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 29 2011, 04:21 PM) *
I think you should give credit to Juve. You've been criticizing them ever since, and believing Inter would be our contender. I also though it would be that way, but watching this and looking at Inters behavior as a team...well, I really cannot see them as our main rivals.

Juve on the other hand,...looks a bit like the old time Juventus.

Anyway, I must say - it's fun watching a strong(er) Juventus in Serie A again after all these years.

I usually side with han's opinion, but i do beleive you are right here. Juve have done very well this season. Granted there are tactical weaknesses in their setup, but individual performances have made them look unplayable at times. Add that to the fact they have a fit squad with alot of depth that won't compete in europe and you have a title contender. I don't particularly like Juve, but this is an exciting time for them and i would not want to take anything away from them at this time. An ex-player coach, a new stadium, a new superstar (pirlo). I hope Juve the best this season.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 30 2011, 01:25 AM
Post #694

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 30 2011, 05:02 AM) *
I hope Juve the best this season.

Well not that kind of best. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I still want us to win the league!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 30 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #695

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 30 2011, 12:51 AM) *
I must say, I don't know what your problem with Juve is, but I saw the match rather differently. Juve missed a few chances as well - Matri and that chance for Pepe (I think?). I amit, I missed some of the match, but to say Inter outplayed Juve...well...did you watch second half? Inter had mostly the ball but there wasn't even the slightest organized attack that went well. I don't know...when one uses the word outplayed, I recall Milan beating Barcelona 4-0 or Brazil beating Germany in 2002, but this...no, not as I see it.

I don't have any particular problem with them I think they're being hyped up for some reason yet it's not like they tore through the league and are at an unreachable advantage over the rest. They've lost points regularly, without having to face any difficuilties so far with Europe, injuries, etc. For me, they've still yet to do much more then this to deserve the "Title Contender" title. That's all.

As for the chances. That's what I meant about Juve's 2 chances in the seconds half. Look how Inter played in the 2nd half, no co-ordination, no-defence, just nothing. A bunch of individuals trying to do something on their own. The chance fell to that kid winger (don't know his name) and Matri in the 2nd half IIRC

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 30 2011, 01:02 AM) *
I usually side with han's opinion, but i do beleive you are right here. Juve have done very well this season. Granted there are tactical weaknesses in their setup, but individual performances have made them look unplayable at times. Add that to the fact they have a fit squad with alot of depth that won't compete in europe and you have a title contender. I don't particularly like Juve, but this is an exciting time for them and i would not want to take anything away from them at this time. An ex-player coach, a new stadium, a new superstar (pirlo). I hope Juve the best this season.

All those things that you pointed out are working in Juve's favour, yet, look at that table. All those factos have pretty much gone against us at the start of this season, from huge injury problems, to playing every 3 days and being out of form. Yet, I'll repeat this for the millionth time. Look at the table. We're just 2 points away from them. Tell me how if this continues for the entire season, could Juve be title contenders, if they're loosing points when supposedly everything is going right for them? Then how will they cope if the encounter problems?

Yes they have a deep squad, but imo most of their rotation players are just not good enough. Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, etc. Injuries to those guys would put Juve in big trouble.

As I said, I have no issues with Juve, but I'm finding it hard to see what you guys see in them

+Quote Post

amancik
post Oct 30 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #696

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

What do you guys think about the incident between Marchisio and Castellazi? Was it or was it not a penalty?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 30 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #697

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (amancik @ Oct 30 2011, 06:50 PM) *
What do you guys think about the incident between Marchisio and Castellazi? Was it or was it not a penalty?

It was.

Strasser (needs his own thread) scored today in 1-1 draw vs Novara.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Oct 30 2011, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 31 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #698

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Napoli vs Italian CL teams - Played 3, won 3.
Napoli vs none CL teams - Played 6, won 1.

Strange.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Oct 31 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #699

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 31 2011, 04:23 AM) *

Strange.

Not really, they are pushing for a good CL run, which most would have called stupid considering their CL group but to their credit, they play hard away and amazingly at home.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 31 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #700

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 31 2011, 04:31 PM) *
Not really, they are pushing for a good CL run, which most would have called stupid considering their CL group but to their credit, they play hard away and amazingly at home.

But you'd expect them to pick wins up against lesser teams right? They've beaten all of last years top 4, yet only won 1 out of 6 against the rest. That's a bit strange, in my opinion.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Oct 31 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #701

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 31 2011, 12:38 PM) *
But you'd expect them to pick wins up against lesser teams right? They've beaten all of last years top 4, yet only won 1 out of 6 against the rest. That's a bit strange, in my opinion.

Well they have been conserving their stars, to a fault some may say. If you look at their B team, they can still pressure alot of teams. Santana, dzemaili, mascara are no slouches. It's just a matter of cohesion in the B team that can be pointed out as their one major shortcoming IMO. I expect them to start winning soon.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 31 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #702

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 31 2011, 11:23 AM) *

Strange.

Well, you can say they are more familiar with Serie A teams, hence more comfortable when facing them.

Of course, Spurs knocked out Milan and Pompey embarrassed us as well. That could point to a decline in Serie A quality.

However lets not forget where Napoli are coming from:

- Bankruput and demoted to Serie C1 in 2004.
- Enter De Laurentiis.
- 2006, promotion to Serie B.
- 2007, promotion to Serie A.
- 2008, qualified for UEFA cup
- 2011, finished 3rd and qualified for the Champions League.

Its a young team, that hasn't tussled much with Europe's finest. While, for instance, Milan showed what Serie A's finest can do against the world's best in Barcelona.

I wouldn't put my money on them winning the competition in the next decade, but they will grow and mature - IF the management's ambitious enough to keep the club doing as good as it has since being demoted.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 31 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #703

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 31 2011, 07:07 PM) *
Well, you can say they are more familiar with Serie A teams, hence more comfortable when facing them.

But that still doesn't hae anything to do with why they're doing worse against bad teams. They beat Milan, Inter and Udinese.. then win only 1 against 6 other opponents in Serie A? Losing at home to Parma is a pretty awful result.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 1 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #704

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

It's a question of ambition I think..and psychology. They're so eager to be climb up a weight division, they forget to play by the numbers.

Mazzari has the same problem as the players I think. They all want to get noticed as world class, but not really up for it unless the stage is big enough.

I think they have no talismans...just a lot of players who are really good...and will play for Napoli till 'that big offer' comes through. Is Hamsik gonna stay on in San Paolo if someone like SAF came calling? Not sure.

Tbh...I respect Udinese much more than Napoli. Quoting from a goal.com article: Joleon Lescott + 2 million Euros = Udinese. Enough said!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 1 2011, 09:33 AM
Post #705

Prima Squadra

Good read that, cheers. Di Natale for 5m, what a bargain.

+Quote Post

140 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:07 AM