Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2011-12
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
Milan Are Brilliant

Recent Serie A Champions (Since '92)

92/93 AC Milan
93/94 AC Milan
94/95 Juventus
95/96 AC Milan
96/97 Juventus
97/98 Juventus
98/99 AC Milan
99/00 Lazio
00/01 Roma
01/02 Juventus
02/03 Juventus
03/04 AC Milan
04/05 Calciopoli
05/06 Inter Milan
06/07 Inter Milan
07/08 Inter Milan
08/09 Inter Milan
09/10 Inter Milan
10/11 AC Milan
Holders
Serie A: AC Milan
Coppa Italia: Inter Milan

European Entries

Champions League
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Napoli
Udinese

Europa League
Lazio
Roma
Palermo

Promoted from Serie B:
Atalanta
Siena
Novara

Serie A 2011/12 team list
AC Milan, Atalanta, Bologna, Cagliari, Catania, Cesena, Chievo, Fiorentina, Genoa, Inter Milan, Juventus, Lazio, Lecce, Napoli, Novara, Palermo, Parma, Roma, Siena, Udinese.

Serie A 2010/2011 stats:

Most goals in Serie A: Antonio Di Natale (28)
Most goals for Milan: Ibrahimović/Pato/Robinho (14)
Most assists in Serie A: Andrea Cossu (13)
Most assists for Milan: Ibrahimović (11)
Best defense: Milan (24)
Best attack: Inter (69)

Other stats:

Most seasons in Serie A: Inter (80)
Most goals in Serie A: Silvio Piola (274)
Most goals in Serie A by a active player: Francesco Totti (207)
Most goals by a active Milan player in Serie A: Pippo Inzaghi (155, 19th overall)
Most matches in Serie A: Paolo Maldini (647)
Most matches by a active player: Francesco Totti (207)
Oldest active player: Francesco Antonioli (41 years)
TriniKing_CE
You forgot to highlight 93/94 & 95/96

devil.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 17 2011, 02:10 PM) *
You forgot to highlight 93/94 & 95/96

devil.gif

D'oh laugh.gif I guess there are just too many titles devilsmiley.gif

Nice spot, fixed.

Predictions guys?

I think us for the Serie A & Roma for the Coppa Italia.
dst
You should also put "faxed to Inter" next to 05/06
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 17 2011, 02:40 PM) *
You should also put "faxed to Inter" next to 05/06

Yeah I knew this would cause some controversy, I used Wiki as a template for it - not the best I know.
arivanjj
Brazilian defender Juan has postponed talk of a return to former club Flamengo. “I want a Scudetto with Roma first.

... smile.gif
acid911
I kinda like Juan, always have, but this should be in the Jokes section. tongue.gif wink.gif I have more chances of walking on the moon, than Roma winning the title next year. Or the year after that. And after that. Their problems run deeper than the eyes can see. Perhaps someone should teach them to manage their expectations.

Or maybe Juan wants to play till he is 59, who knows? laugh.gif Milan, inter and Juve won't let Roma win the league.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah can't see Roma doing it, Juan isn't a bad player though. Be interesting to see how he does without Mexes.
Zed.D
Last season I really thought Inter would win the Scudetto again and expand their lead on us but we did great to level with them again. so, here's hoping we get where we deserve to be, above Inter. let's also hope they hire yet another incompetent coach devil.gif
Fillipo Simone
My bet would be someone other then Milan or Inter, but I don't wanna be pessimistic, so I'll say Milan for the Serie A and Napoli Coppa.

As for relegation, I expect Novara, Cagliari and Lecce to go down.
Jack Bauer
I think we are gonna win it again but it might be closer this time.

Hard to predict now when the squads are incomplete and merda is still without a coach.
mishie
http://www.football-italia.net/jun18x.html

with that clown in charge at least it rules them out of the title race! laugh.gif
Danny
I'm so glad Inter are back to their former selves. Their purple patch came when Mancini elevated them a bit then Mourinho just owned Serie A then Europe. Now they're back to a revolving door of subpar coaches.

I hate to say it, but I sort of hope Juve get back to something like their old selves, though with Conte in charge I suspect it unlikely.

We are the only strong consistent team in Serie A - the league is weak as long as the other 2 of the big 3 are this fragile.
X-Offender
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 18 2011, 08:47 PM) *
http://www.football-italia.net/jun18x.html

with that clown in charge at least it rules them out of the title race! laugh.gif

I wouldn't underestimate Mihajlovic if I were you. But it looks like Marco Branca is currently in Oporto to negotiate for Villas Boas.
mishie
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 18 2011, 08:13 PM) *
I wouldn't underestimate Mihajlovic if I were you. But it looks like Marco Branca is currently in Oporto to negotiate for Villas Boas.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun18v.html

looks like it's that theory out the window, i don't underestimate Mihajolvic i just have to look at what he done last season...he was 90 mins away from being sacked
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 18 2011, 09:13 PM) *

Mihajlovic? Why would we overestimate him as well? What has he done to be praised so far? Everywhere he went so far he ended up being sacked or just near that.
X-Offender
Haha, there was a discusion about this very same topic on some TV channel tonight, and Maura Suma (Milan Channel director) went on defending Mihajlovic stating some very good points. The Fiorentina of last season had probably the weakest squad of the last 4-5 years. Their summer signing campaign was pathetic. They had a shitload of injuries, including their best player, Jovetic. They had the Mutu issue to deal with. Many of their "stars" failed to meet the expectations. Not to mention Mihajlovic had to replace someone like Prandelli, which isn't easy.

Let's make it clear, I've never liked Mihajlovic, but the guy did the best he could given the situation at hand.
Fillipo Simone
Well, that's a pretty fluid thing - I mean - obviously he did the best he could given the situation because we never will find out what else could have had been done instead.

Anyway, I get your/Suma's point, but is it enough for a club with ambitions like Inter? I don't think so. His other two jobs previous to Fiorentina can't be defended in the same way.

May it turn out wrong, but I don't get why we should rate Mihajlovic at this point? Maybe he'll turn out fine, his sh@tty mentality is very much compatible with Inters. To me it's just a bonus, a nice cream on the cake - in hating Inter.
X-Offender
I never intended that he's a good choice for Inter. That debate is open for discussion.
Jack Bauer
He was unimpressive also before Fiorentina and I don't rate him highly at all. He's welcome to join them, this is much better choice for us than AVB, who I hope will remain at Porto.
Fillipo Simone
So, Genoa has officially announced Alberto Malesani as their new coach. I'm not sure about it. Malesani is a good fireman, he can handle the pressure with teams bound for relegation or mid-table. The one time he was in a team with actual potential (Parma), he didn't do well. We'll see.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 19 2011, 09:07 PM) *
The one time he was in a team with actual potential (Parma), he didn't do well.

He won the UEFA Cup, if I'm not mistaken.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 19 2011, 09:37 PM) *
He won the UEFA Cup, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, but afterwards failed. But you corrected me right. Don't know how I could forget that 1999 final against Marseille.
kurtsimonw
Italian news channels are claiming the Nerazzurri have contacted English football’s governing body about appointing the much-maligned manager as Leonardo's successor.

The former Real Madrid coach is hardly flavour of the month among supporters or FA chiefs, and the opportunity to recoup a pay-off for the man who costs them an estimated £5million-a-year in wages could be too much to resist.

Inter president Massimo Moratti already eluded to the fact that Capello could be on their agenda, and now it seems he’s ready to pounce for the man who’s lifted seven Serie A titles as manager.

‘There is always a favourite, but until you get everything in place there are a thousand conditions that can determine whether or not you actually get a particular coach,’ Moratti stated.

‘The chances of Luciano Spalletti [Zenit], Guus Hiddink and Fabio Capello? We'll see and discuss that in due course.’

If Inter succeed in luring Capello away from Soho Square, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp, who's widely tipped to replace the Italian anyway after Euro 2012, would be installed as immediate favourite to take over.
Fillipo Simone
I really hope this doesn't happen. We'll find out in the next 24 hours.
dst
this will always be Malesani for me... biggrin.gif

f___ Greek football! dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
Malesani and PAO laugh.gif laugh.gif

This and the Trap-Bayern show are classics.
Fillipo Simone
So, seems like Juventus officially signed Lichtsteiner from Lazio for 1 million Euros. That's a bargain deal IMO.
Maybe this will give us a chance to sell Oddo to them. They'll need a new fullback now.

Also, I'm seeing Parma is interested in Manuele Blasi and Santacroce of Napoli. To think we all drooled only on the mentioning of his name a few years ago...
Kazdoodle
Really impressed they got lichtsteiner on the cheap like very cheap
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 21 2011, 11:52 AM) *
So, seems like Juventus officially signed Lichtsteiner from Lazio for 1 million Euros.

You meant €10 million, I suppose?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 21 2011, 02:29 PM) *
You meant €10 million, I suppose?

1 million .. 10 million .. 100 million who cares innocent.gif
X-Offender
No, because Juventus and Lazio were fighting over the past couple of weeks about his price. Juventus offered €9 million, whilst Lazio requested €10 million. So it'd be kind of odd if in the end they sold him for just €1 million. biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
smile.gif Yeah, 10 not 1 - Oddo is worth 1 million these days, so...
vahid
Juventus announce signing of Alessandro Matri, Marco Motta, Simone Pepe and Fabio Quagliarella

I think those deals worth something about €35 million.I wish we had that kind of money sleep.gif
William405
They even bought out Motta,lol!Both,Quagliarella and Matri are good signings,even if they didn't come for cheap.
Fillipo Simone
Well, Juve has been spending much money in the last 2-3 years, but there's little gain/success. I become a bit fond of them, and for Italy's sake it's always good to have a strong Juventus team.
il_diavolo_mtl
So it looks like Roma will buy Bojan for about 10M, thoughts?
Fillipo Simone
This can end up both ways IMO, I'm really not sure. He's talented and Luis Enrique is the right man to take charge of him, but there are some doubts.
kurtsimonw
He was brilliant a few years back, but the emergance of Pedro seemed to spell the end for him.
Zed.D
It was the right time for Bojan to move on. as talented as he is, he wouldn't have found a place in that team. and he won enough medals as a sub so there was no reason to stay.
X-Offender
Gasperini to become Inter's new coach

LOL. laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
That's great news. I'd prefer Mihajlovic, but Gasperini is also good. Two days ago, Capello and Villas Boas, now Gasperini.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 23 2011, 11:00 PM) *
That's great news. I'd prefer Mihajlovic, but Gasperini is also good. Two days ago, Capello and Villas Boas, now Gasperini.

The good old days biggrin.gif

2010/2011 - Milan - merda dual
2011/2012 - Milan - Roma dual cool.gif

Danny
Ok, I've heard the name Gasperini before, but I'm not overly familiar with him.

Anyone enlighten me?

But it is good that they seem to have gone with something of a non entity. Can they not attract a top class coach any more?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 21 2011, 05:11 PM) *
1 million .. 10 million .. 100 million who cares innocent.gif

F@ckin rich oil sheikh! dry.gif

tongue.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2011, 04:01 PM) *
But it is good that they seem to have gone with something of a non entity. Can they not attract a top class coach any more?

That can't be a valid argument for us milanfans considering our current & previous coach were anything but 'top class'
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 25 2011, 08:25 AM) *
That can't be a valid argument for us milanfans considering our current & previous coach were anything but 'top class'

True .. But I believe Dr Galliani's team have proven their ability in spotting the potential behind those 'not top class' coaches.

There is something very special about Milan, it does not have a material feel to it, yet it gives this club the aura of greatness that surrounds it.

PS: This could be my emotions speaking .. As I have almost blind faith in Galliani and the Berlusconi family to keep us on the podium of world football.
Fillipo Simone
Not just that - there is a very distinct difference between Gasperini and Allegri or Leonardo. Milan chose Allegri as a talented young coach who still is green in many ways, but won some awards for the past seasons in a very thigh competition. Gasperini on the other hand is much older, and with much more overall experience from his times at Crotone and Genoa. Only time will tell if Gasperini is up to the task.
Danny
Difference is we don't have a recent history of attracting top class coaches. I wasn't talking about us, Inter are the ones who got Mourinho then Benitez.
Fillipo Simone
But Milan never did. Can't remember the last time we hired a previously top-rated coach. Only comebacks, like Rocco or Capello.

Inter on the other hand tried Capello, Ancelotti, Vilas Boas, Hiddink,...and then picked Gasperini.

That's a big difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.