Danny
post Aug 7 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #31

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 7 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Sweet...xenophobia...

Justify a country from the so-called "bowels" of Europe is ranked 39 spots higher on Fifa's rankings then your scotland with +/- 1/3 of it's population.

The EL is constantly discredited as a boring competition but smaller-country teams beat out european giants every year and it's really exciting for those teams' fan-base. I follow Maribor a bit and they are a really young team with alot of potential. I know from your end of the draw, it seems like a useless match, but for people like my cousin(avid Maribor fan) it's as big a match as he may see all year.

1: I am not insulting Slovenia at all - there is no xenophobia whatsoever.

2: The fact Hearts (from Scotland) are in this tournament, along with Stoke, Fulham and Birmingham (England) not to mention Thun (Switzerland) and Shamrock Rovers (Ireland) are why this is the bowels of European competition. It's a sham of a tournament who let almost anyone in. How Fulham can be in this on 'fair play' is beyond me.

3: I'm overjoyed for your cousin who can enjoy playing against a reasonably well known European club in Rangers. But it doesn't disguise the complete lack of quality of the majority of teams in it.

So, m'boy, don't be so defensive. I'm insulting the tournament, not Slovenia. There are just way too many unheard of rubbish teams in this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 7 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #32

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 7 2011, 11:22 AM) *
I wasn't talking about Rangers. I am hoping Birmingham have to go to Eastern Europe (added cost, worse lag and colder temperatures) which would F them up.

Don't technically Rangers have to go to the Baltic nations too? That's where Slovenia is, right?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 7 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 7 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Don't technically Rangers have to go to the Baltic nations too? That's where Slovenia is, right?

Nope, not even remotely close (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VxiFB1FW5cc/Taka6rOS_aI/AAAAAAAAAEE/fnSC5YQ0xp4/s1600/SLOVENIA-MAP-WHERE-IS-SLOVENIA.jpg)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 7 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

I must book a trip to the Czech Repulbic sometime soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 18 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #35

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Tottenham are actually making a mockery of Hearts, I'd honestly expect Torquay to be better than this against the same side. They don't deserve to be in Europe if they are actually this bad.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Aug 18 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #36

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Schalke lost 2-0 in Finland to HJK Helsinki.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 18 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #37

Berretti
Group Icon

Tottenham winning 5-0 away now, shambles.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 19 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #38

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Hearts would struggle to stay in the Football League down here, that was just embarassing. There's certainly some League 2 sides as good as them.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 19 2011, 09:05 AM
Post #39

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 19 2011, 02:02 AM) *
Hearts would struggle to stay in the Football League down here, that was just embarassing. There's certainly some League 2 sides as good as them.

I'm sure of it, and Celtic drew at home to FC Sion, Rangers lost to NK Maribor ('in the bowels of Europe') not the best advert for the Scottish League.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 19 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 19 2011, 02:02 AM) *

Outwith the OF the SPL is somewhere between League 1 and lower Championship. I wouldn't pretend for a second that Dundee Utd, Hearts, Motherwell etc are anything other than completely poor.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 19 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 19 2011, 09:05 AM) *
I'm sure of it, and Celtic drew at home to FC Sion, Rangers lost to NK Maribor ('in the bowels of Europe') not the best advert for the Scottish League.

It wasn't, but then again the national team beat Denmark a couple of weeks ago.

Meh, I'm not kidding anyone, the level of Scottish football is dire. Rangers and Celtic have potential to be much better - but they need out of the SPL.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 19 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #42

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 19 2011, 02:25 PM) *
Meh, I'm not kidding anyone, the level of Scottish football is dire. Rangers and Celtic have potential to be much better - but they need out of the SPL.

Yeah if you joined another league, the obvious being the EPL then you would have more allure. But I'm like a lot of people on this matter, if you want to join you take the same route as everyone else, in starting from the bottom and working your way to the Prem. Which feasibly wouldn't work for clubs your size, so I just don't see what can be done about it.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 19 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I think if Rangers and Celtic made the switch the EPL they would do quite well. I don't think much of either squad right now, but you have to take into account they'd be making £30m+ a year more than they do now with the EPL tv money.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 19 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 19 2011, 04:05 AM) *

My cousin is still cheering (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Also Roma lose and Lazio destroyed 6-0 with Cisse/Klose combining for 3 goals.

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Aug 19 2011, 03:51 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 19 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #45

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 19 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Yeah if you joined another league, the obvious being the EPL then you would have more allure. But I'm like a lot of people on this matter, if you want to join you take the same route as everyone else, in starting from the bottom and working your way to the Prem. Which feasibly wouldn't work for clubs your size, so I just don't see what can be done about it.

I don't disagree, I think we should start at the bottom. We wouldn't cope in the EPL in our current state.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:01 PM