Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 9 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #16

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 9 2011, 07:30 PM) *
I really think we're being so fast in labeling players - we see Ambrosini play, what twice or three times and label him as past his prime and useless. We see Strasser play a couple of times - wow now he is our next best midfielder. Boateng! When did he become that indispensible? While really, we shouldn't cross of players that soon.

Spot on.

Though after seeing KPB in the Prem & in particular the WC did get the feeling he was going to be a good player for us, much more than expected.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 9 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 9 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Because he's Brazilian, I get it. Yes, and Zvone Boban should be coach and Dario Simic president. Sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

LOL, are you serious? If one player shows to be future Milan captain it's T.Silva easy peasy.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 9 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

And if one player deserves to be,... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (it's Nesta...)

Thank God we don't live in a meritocracy yet. Milan captains are decided by a strict rule and there's no should be or could be.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 9 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 9 2011, 10:59 PM) *
And if one player deserves to be,... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (it's Nesta...)

Thank God we don't live in a meritocracy yet. Milan captains are decided by a strict rule and there's no should be or could be.

Of course Nesta should be captain if it didn't make that promise, but how's that relevant to my post? I don't know what meritocracy means, and I also don't understand the last sentence.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 9 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #20

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Whilst I agree with you about Ambrosini, I can't do the same regarding Gattuso. In my opinion, Gattuso is a mediocre player nowadays. He never used to be that good actually, but he relied on his grit and temper to be a world class ball-winner. Today, he can barely run for the sake of it. The opponents dribble him with a laughable easiness, and he doesn't add anything to our game. He's a liability.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 9 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 9 2011, 11:10 PM) *
Of course Nesta should be captain if it didn't make that promise, but how's that relevant to my post? I don't know what meritocracy means, and I also don't understand the last sentence.

Meritocracy means being promoted due to your merits. So, in other words, Milan's captain must be the best performing player.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 9 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 9 2011, 10:10 PM) *

To become Milans captain one must have the most appearances for the club. It's a simple rule that we follow for decades. That said, Thiago can't be our captain, for good or for worse.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 9 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 9 2011, 09:59 PM) *

Personally I don't really think we should be thanking god for that. Ambrosini has been bad all season, same for Gattuso. Why should these 2 players be captains of the team, thus getting automatic starts just because they've been at Milan for long? No, they're just holding the team back, simply because they cannot keep up anymore. I'm not ungrateful, far from it. Because their physical limitations only came about due to all they've given this team. But I just cannot accept them getting captaincy and automatic spots on this team based on seniority.

Nesta? Fair enough, I wouldn't have any problem with that, but he himself doesn't want it. He was Lazio's captain and has chosen to stay true to his first team, his home club really. And we should respect that.

Personally I don't agree with Thiago getting it either, sure he's outstanding for us, but he's too new imo to be captian. Maybe in a couple years time he should be considered but not until then.

At this point my first pick without a doubt is Pirlo, he's a starter, and imo the most important player on our team, also he has that quiete strength about him that makes him leader material in my eyes. After Pirlo, I'd go with Abbiati as vice captian.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 10 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

No, they're just holding the team back, simply because they cannot keep up anymore.

I'm not sure it is that way. I just see it differently.

But I just cannot accept them getting captaincy and automatic spots on this team based on seniority.

Well, sorry, but you will have to because Milan operates that way for decades.

Look, I'm not telling we should keep both players till they're 44 and count on them a our captains. But this season we started with them as our leaders, and I think it woul affect our team psychologically if this would be changed now, in middle of the season, and at a crucial moment, when Milan is on the verge of breaking or coming out stronger then ever.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 10 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #25

I'm sorry Fillippo, but I think you're perhaps the only one who thinks Gattuso and Ambrosini add something to this team. Even Ambro, whom I defended wholeheartedly against han's "accusations" last season, has been rather crap so far. It's useless to deny that players like Flamini, Boateng and even Emanuelson can bring much more to our game in terms of quality, pace and stamina. You just have to focus your attention away from the fact that Rino and Ambro have made the recent history of this club, and concentrate more on the team's needs.

+Quote Post

Panama Devil
post Feb 10 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #26

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 1,918

I have to say that I agree with X-Offender.

Boateng-Pirlo-Flamini are excellent.

However, once everyone is recovered, I´d still try Van Bommel instead of Flamini.... just to try.

I feel Van Bommel is even more complete.

Ambrosini hasn´t been playing well.

Gattuso is really making me hate him. I hate it so much when he´s starts pointing at the players he wants his teammates to pass the ball to... who is he now??? our new offensive coordinator inside the field .... he gives us nooooooo attack.... he´s a -1 player when we attack.

Gattuso has always been bad offensively but he was a defensive force. Now days he´s not making up for his offensive disabilities....... we lose a lot playing him.

There are other players in the team that can do a lot better than him.

PLAY MERKEL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Panama Devil: Feb 10 2011, 12:58 AM

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Feb 10 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 9 2011, 06:36 PM) *
I'm sorry Fillippo, but I think you're perhaps the only one who thinks Gattuso and Ambrosini add something to this team. Even Ambro, whom I defended wholeheartedly against han's "accusations" last season, has been rather crap so far. It's useless to deny that players like Flamini, Boateng and even Emanuelson can bring much more to our game in terms of quality, pace and stamina. You just have to focus your attention away from the fact that Rino and Ambro have made the recent history of this club, and concentrate more on the team's needs.

it was me and Han against the world for the past seasons when it came to Ambro and Rino being "too old" 4 years ago. This is just disrespectful. It seams clear to me they are playing selfishly as they can't keep up with Anyone(!) in a relatively slow league. For all you flamini haters, can i simply ask you how many starts the man has had since coming. It is unrelated to his talent, as the old guard have guaranteed starts. It's a shame because we have sooo much pulp : Bonnera (are you f*k*n* kidding me, he lost us the genoa match too) Seedorf, Ambro and rino. we could actually survive cutting this waste and get a young LB prospect (antonini can play another year IMO) and a creative mid to make us less Pirlo dependent. it's sad to think we spend probably over 10M a year on the aforementioned lottery winners.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 10 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #28

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

All I have to say is if Ambro played the way Flamini played the last match, he'd be getting skewered.

@Filippo: Chill bro. He's 31+ and Italian and past it. Who the f@ck gives a damn that our CAPTAIN has been playing through pain for the past 3 matches coz there was no one else to step up.That's what Captains do....set examples.

I don't personally give a damn. What matters is that for the 30 odd players in our squad Ambro and Rino are leaders. I don't think for a moment Ibra or Pato are gonna listen when T.Silva yells at them to cover a flank. But try doing that to Max/Rino or even Zee. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'd say only less than 30% of a team's life is on the pitch. The rest of it is in training and off it. So being a leader of a football team has far more to it than being the most talented player on the pitch. Maldini made R99 do pushups when he came late to training. Imagine T.Silva doing that to Ibra. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 10 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 10 2011, 12:16 AM) *
I'm not sure it is that way. I just see it differently.

Well, sorry, but you will have to because Milan operates that way for decades.

Look, I'm not telling we should keep both players till they're 44 and count on them a our captains. But this season we started with them as our leaders, and I think it woul affect our team psychologically if this would be changed now, in middle of the season, and at a crucial moment, when Milan is on the verge of breaking or coming out stronger then ever.

It's not like I have any authority over it. But I'm just saying it's the wrong method. And clearly it's showing on the field. Rino? He's been hopeless for 2 years straight now, the team is practically carrying dead weight when he's playing. He's slow, he loses the ball more then he recovers it. Mediocre players nutmeg him like there's no tomorrow. This coming from a huge Rino fan, this current Rino is a disgrace to the old Rino who imo was the best distructive DM in europe a couple of years ago. Now he's just making a fool of himself.

Ambo? He's been just as aweful imo, he seems to get away with more then Rino on here, butr it's plain to see. He can't tackle without taking his opponents legs, he's slow, uncoordinated, tries to build attacking moves when he doesn't have an ounce of passing ability in him.

We just cannot continue to keep both players on the pitch anymore simply on the fact that they've been at Milan for such a long time. They've become a liability, the both of them. Your arguments are backed by the club so you feel you are vindicated for your arguments, but let's look at all the bad decisions the club had been making over the years, this imo is another one that should be added to the list.

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 10 2011, 05:32 AM) *
it was me and Han against the world for the past seasons when it came to Ambro and Rino being "too old" 4 years ago. This is just disrespectful. It seams clear to me they are playing selfishly as they can't keep up with Anyone(!) in a relatively slow league. For all you flamini haters, can i simply ask you how many starts the man has had since coming. It is unrelated to his talent, as the old guard have guaranteed starts. It's a shame because we have sooo much pulp : Bonnera (are you f*k*n* kidding me, he lost us the genoa match too) Seedorf, Ambro and rino. we could actually survive cutting this waste and get a young LB prospect (antonini can play another year IMO) and a creative mid to make us less Pirlo dependent. it's sad to think we spend probably over 10M a year on the aforementioned lottery winners.

Agreed

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 10 2011, 06:00 AM) *
All I have to say is if Ambro played the way Flamini played the last match, he'd be getting skewered.

@Filippo: Chill bro. He's 31+ and Italian and past it. Who the f@ck gives a damn that our CAPTAIN has been playing through pain for the past 3 matches coz there was no one else to step up.That's what Captains do....set examples.

I don't personally give a damn. What matters is that for the 30 odd players in our squad Ambro and Rino are leaders. I don't think for a moment Ibra or Pato are gonna listen when T.Silva yells at them to cover a flank. But try doing that to Max/Rino or even Zee. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'd say only less than 30% of a team's life is on the pitch. The rest of it is in training and off it. So being a leader of a football team has far more to it than being the most talented player on the pitch. Maldini made R99 do pushups when he came late to training. Imagine T.Silva doing that to Ibra. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Once again Jack you over simplify things.

Flamini was just as injured as Rino was just 2 weeks ago. So you're using double standards when defending Rino for it but not Flamini. And he wasn't that bad imo, certainly not as bad as Rino.

Also you think Ibra listens to anyone? LOL yeah right, and I'm th king of Egypt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Seedorf? He can be as petulant as the previously mentioned Swede on a bad day, plus the fact that he's barely a player anymore. Seedorf, Rino and Ambro have a legacy at Milan for what they did in the past, but nowadays non of them should be anything more then squad players. Their best years are so far behind them it's ridiculous. Also I said Thiago shouldn't be captain. We have others capable of taking the spot. Players who are starters which are important to the team. Not players who are way past it and hold the team back more then anything else

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 10 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #30

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Exactly. I didn't criticise Flamini. Just said that youth it seems (even if it's not really young in Flamini's case) is allowed to get away with anything...injuries included.

Oh...I think Ibra listens. Just to some people.

T.Silva is definitely not Captain material (yet). And trust me Andy P, while inspirational on the field, couldn't possibly do much off it. It's a problem with players who have talent, but no real gritty persona. Pirlo is way to inward to be a Captain. A role model certainly, not captain.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:08 AM