Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 31/03/07 - Serie A - Roma v Milan

arivanjj
post Mar 26 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #31

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 27 2007, 06:38 AM)
Ahhh .. But he aint done with football

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Mar 28 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #32

7th Heaven

Roma - Milan -- Football Italia preview

Both Roma and Milan may have one eye on Europe but there’s still a tense battle in prospect as they clash at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday evening.

Roma’s task for the rest of the League season is to tread water in second place. With Inter now 18 points clear at the top, the Scudetto has long been a pipe dream and the priority is to ensure that their nine-point lead over third-placed city rivals Lazio stays intact.

While that doesn’t appear too demanding an objective, the Giallorossi won’t want to see the gap shrink before the Rome derby in Week 34 as defeat would ensure a nail-biting end to the season. Luciano Spalletti’s main worry here must be breaking down a tight Milan defence after his side were unable to rupture 10-man Fiorentina in Week 29’s stalemate.

Milan are running out of time in their bid to snatch a Champions League spot. Starting with an eight-point staggered start, the Rossoneri have clawed their way to within four points of the all-important final qualification spot but cannot afford any slip-ups now if they are to overhaul Palermo and fend off Empoli who are snapping at their heels.

Under-fire Carlo Ancelotti watched with relief as his side beat Atalanta 1-0 in Week 29 to help wash away the bitter memory of the derby defeat. However, despite a 15-game unbeaten run prior to the loss against Inter, a fifth-placed finish and the loss of Milan bragging rights will make for a miserable season unless Ancelotti can inspire a sprint finish to the campaign.

Roma upset Milan at the San Siro in Week 11 for the first time in 20 years thanks to a wonderful Francesco Totti brace. This time around a tight game looks likely – Roma have only conceded seven goals at the Olimpico all term and Milan have the best away defence in Serie A having only been breached 12 times. The pace may be affected by some tired legs with several players having played for the Azzurri against Scotland in mid-week. Both sides also have Champions League encounters to look forward to next week.

Spalletti has a strong squad but cannot call upon Matteo Ferrari who has a hip problem or long-term absentees Alberto Aquilani and Gilberto Martinez. Both Mirko Vucinic and Francesco Tavano are likely to start on the bench with Totti employed as a lone striker.

Milan’s recent selection problems are fading. Paolo Maldini is 50-50 with a knee injury and Kakha Kaladze will miss out, but Alessandro Nesta returns and Andrea Pirlo is available after serving a suspension. Daniele Bonera, who was dropped from the Italy squad to face Scotland, sits out once more as he has a one-match ban. Frustration continues to mount for Alberto Gilardino and Pippo Inzaghi who look set to warm the bench again with the Brazilian pair of Ronaldo and Ricardo Oliveira starting.

Man on fire: Simone Perrotta (Roma) – Has more than earned his Azzurri place in recent weeks. Having scored against Udinese in Week 28, only the brilliance of Sebastian Frey prevented him from being the hero against Fiorentina.

Last season: Roma 1-0 Milan

Form guide: Roma (W D D W D) Milan (W D W L W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma (probable): Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro, Taddei, Perrotta, Mancini; Totti

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Simic, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka; Ronaldo, Oliveira

Channel4

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 29 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #33

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

The game is in two days ..

We don't have the luxury of fielding Bonera, as he is suspended .. Maldini and Kaladze are out injured.

With Nesta back, our defense will be so-so, cuz I doubt he is 100% fit for the match .. The same with Sergio ...

I'm sure R99 will start for our attack, and our midfield should be in it's best shape.

With that in mind, I think we'll win, even if the defense is creaky .. Ronaldo and Kaka should do the trick, as they are getting better and better with each passing game (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Milan 3-2 Roma

+Quote Post

jefri91
post Mar 29 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #34

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

I think it will be Milan 2-1 Roma
Roma scores the first goal then R9 will score then Oliveara will score winning goal (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) !!

+Quote Post

nuh
post Mar 29 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,284

@ jefri91 i hope so cuz i think too that ronie will score but i just dont see us winning this game

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Mar 30 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

2:2

It really angers me how Roma can score against us whenever they want. Literally.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Mar 30 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #37

7th Heaven

Oddo: Roma still my rival

Milan defender Massimo Oddo is looking forward to Saturday’s big match with Roma. “It still feels like a derby to me,” he said.

The defender joined the Rossoneri in January from capital rivals Lazio in a £5.5m deal and he’s admitted that facing the Giallorossi still has a special meaning for him.

“I spent five years with Lazio and Roma have always represented the derby for me, but this is also a match against a very strong side,” said Oddo to Sky Italia.

“This tie is special for me as we could help Lazio move closer to their Giallorossi cousins.

“Aside from the two Serie A derbies, there is great rivalry between the two clubs on who will end the season in the highest position,” added the World Cup winner.

“I am sure that everyone at Lazio would like to leapfrog Roma before the end of the present campaign.

“We will certainly do our best on Saturday, but mainly for our own good as Milan need to get some important points too.”

The San Siro outfit are currently fifth in the table with 43 points, four shy of Palermo who currently occupy fourth.

“We are aware that the match with Roma will not be an easy one as they are very strong,” continued the former Monza, Napoli and Verona man.

“We must try to remain serene, respect our opponents and give our all.”

Channel4[

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 30 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #38

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

What???!!! Who the fack cares if Roma are overhauled by Lazio...I expect Oddo to want to overhaul Lazio, not talk about his former passions!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 30 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

This weekend against Roma will probably be the start of our MOST important few weeks. If we can get this right then we could really do something this season. If we lose against Roma then it won't be a disaster seeing as our Serie A season is over and the Serie A fixtures left would be enough for us to get into 4th.

Bayern will make or brake our season. If we lose the homegame or even draw it then we have no chance in the CL and that will be another trophyless season for us.

If we play like we can I think we can win against Roma, and their sudden arrogance towards us might even help us.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 30 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #40

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Call ups:

20 CONVOCATI ROSSONERI PER ROMA-MILAN
30/03/2007
MILANELLO - Ecco l'elenco ufficiale. PORTIERI: Dida, Storari, Fiori. DIFENSORI: Cafu, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic. CENTROCAMPISTI: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. ATTACCANTI: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 30 2007, 12:52 PM)
Call ups:

20 CONVOCATI ROSSONERI PER ROMA-MILAN
30/03/2007
MILANELLO - Ecco l'elenco ufficiale. PORTIERI: Dida, Storari, Fiori. DIFENSORI: Cafu, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic. CENTROCAMPISTI: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. ATTACCANTI: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

No Massimo Ambro? I'm surprised with that. Unless there's an injury that i'm unaware of (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Fantastic to see Nesta back in the squad though, he is a difference maker. But still I don't think we'll win.

Prediction: Roma 1-0 Milan
Scorers: Totti

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Mar 30 2007, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 30 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #42

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

According to the pre-match interview with Ancelotti (as yet untranslated but on the Milan site), Ambrosini picked up a slight knock while training with the NT. I /think/ he also said something about seeing Gourcuff start. (Porto, you around to check the translation?)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

That's a shame if he is missing. He not exactly the most popular Milan payer, but he does his job, especially in big games for us.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Mar 30 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Well Janku and Ambro are out for Roma but will be back against Bayern.

"Gattuso took a knock but should be fine although Gourcuff could play." Does that mean he'll possibly use Gourcuff over Gattuso?

Anyways my probable lineup:

Dida

Oddo - Nesta - Simic/Maldini - Favalli

Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf

Kaka

Oliveira - Ronaldo

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 30 2007, 02:13 PM)
Well Janku and Ambro are out for Roma but will be back against Bayern.

"Gattuso took a knock but should be fine although Gourcuff could play."  Does that mean he'll possibly use Gourcuff over Gattuso?

Anyways my probable lineup:

Dida

Oddo - Nesta - Simic/Maldini - Favalli

Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf

Kaka

Oliveira - Ronaldo

I agree with that line up. With Simic being preferred to Maldini. Channel 4s probable line-up doesn't include Seedorf which was a shock to me (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:46 PM