Full Version: 31/03/07 - Serie A - Roma v Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Portman
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 30

Roma v Milan

Saturday, 31st of March, 2007***

Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)***

The match after NT's week. Big match in the Olimpico... some days before both teams play the Champions League 1/4 finals.

Will Roma win again? Will R99 score in the Olimpico? Predictions?

Forza Milan!

***(Match time and date are not confirmed yet. Probably we'll play on the 31st of Match as we've Bayern clash on the 3rd of April)
dst
I know it won't be as easy for Roma as it has been in our other encounters this season! cool.gif

And I don't worry about Milan players having the CL encounter on their minds. Firstly, Ronaldo cannot play in the CL ( cool.gif ) and secondly if anything we have experience on how to work that thought out of our minds. THEY should worry! smile.gif
Rossoneri7
^^^

Exactly what he said
han2503
I think we can win this one quite easily.

Roma have struggled in game that are around their CL fixtures, because they aren't experiances enough to handle all the fixtures and pressure, and their mind will surely be on Man U.

From the 3 encounters we had this season we only deserved to lose once, and that was the away leg of the Coppa, because in the first game at the San Siro we were terribly unlucky with all the post hitting and Roma's second goal was offside by a mile. And in the home leg in the San Siro Dida practically Gifted them both goals.

Plus we have gotten much better since then. The only draw back we have is that most of our team will be away on NT duty, so no extra rest for any of the players.

Unfortunetely Bonera is suspendid, but Nesta will hopefully be 100% by then and also Sergio. So the only guys missing for this one are Maldini and Kaladze plus Bonera who will be suspended
Rossoneri7
I am thinking, Sergio has been out for the whole season .. And he wont be 100% even against Bayern, or would he ?!
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 18 2007, 09:23 PM)
I am thinking, Sergio has been out for the whole season .. And he wont be 100% even against Bayern, or would he ?!

I think he will be ready, he and Nesta have been fit for at least a week now and they have both been working very hard to return for the CL.

btw, the mtach is on Saturday

The first game after break will be a Serie A match against Roma at the Olympic Stadium on March 31. The game will be played ahead of schedule to accommodate Milan’s Champions League quarter-final match against Bayern Munich on April 3. Now after a season filled with injuries, Milan will be able to present in all their glory in the most important moment of the season.
Bluesummers
why no game on 24?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2007, 12:28 AM)
I think he will be ready, he and Nesta have been fit for at least a week now and they have both been working very hard to return for the CL.

btw, the mtach is on Saturday

That's good, at least the team will have an extra day to rest.

But I still think Sergio will be lacking in match experience, I mean, he hasnt had an actual feel of the game, ever since Lazio on day 1.

He will be an integral part of the team against Bayern and that is what worries me. I hope he is up to it king.gif
Darunia
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 18 2007, 05:05 PM)
why no game on 24?

I think it's international weekend, with friendlies and qualifiers.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:18 PM)
I think it's international weekend, with friendlies and qualifiers.

OHHHHH, okay thanks alot.
AuRoR
This time roma will face the real Milan devilsmiley.gif

and i think Milan will win 3-0 Ronaldo 2 & Ambrosini 1 biggrin.gif
redbabies
dont forget:
Bonera is supsended
Nesta, if he has to play he will play against Bayern, and will not be risked against Roma (otherwise I hope he plays)
Maldini and Kaladze injuried.
The only CB available is Simic - and you know how good he is huh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 19 2007, 12:53 PM)
dont forget:
Bonera is supsended
Nesta, if he has to play he will play against Bayern, and will not be risked against Roma (otherwise I hope he plays)
The only CB available is Simic - and you know how good he is  huh.gif

Yeah but the game is in 2 weeks time, so all our players will be back from injury wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 18 2007, 10:13 PM)
That's good, at least the team will have an extra day to rest.

But I still think Sergio will be lacking in match experience, I mean, he hasnt had an actual feel of the game, ever since Lazio on day 1.
He will be an integral part of the team against Bayern and that is what worries me. I hope he is up to it king.gif

I think both he and Nesta will play against Roma so they will have gained some match fitness before the Bayern game. I think Nesta will have no other choice but to play since we're short on CBs because of Bonera's suspension.

QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 19 2007, 09:53 AM)
dont forget:
Bonera is supsended
The only CB available is Simic - and you know how good he is  huh.gif

I think Nesta is a sure thing for the Roma game, since Carlo will probably want to get him ready for the clash against Bayern and we have no other options in the center of defence.
dst
^^

Han is thinking what I'm thinking today so he will save me from typing... thanks!! biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 19 2007, 12:29 PM)
^^

Han is thinking what I'm thinking today so he will save me from typing... thanks!!  biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif
Darunia
Kaladze is supposed to be back around international duty, so he could be ready for Roma along with Nesta.

I would like Serginho to see some action, although you gotta watch out for Roma's counters.
arivanjj
damn 2 weeks? has the kick-off time changed 2, han?
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 20 2007, 03:11 AM)
damn 2 weeks? has the kick-off time changed 2, han?

Don't really know, I think it will probably be in the evening
arivanjj
thanks anyways!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 20 2007, 10:17 AM)
Don't really know, I think it will probably be in the evening

Actuall afternoon .. 2GMT to be preciece
redbabies
Milan seem to play better at night.

therefore.....I hope the match is at 20.30 CET
han2503
ROMA-MILAN KICK-OFF TIME
3/23/2007
Milan's Serie A game at Roma on March 31 will kick-off at 8.30pm CET.
han2503
FOLLOWING THE PROGRESS
3/24/2007 5:45:00 PM
Carlo Ancelotti was in the crowd at Milan's youth game to watch Alessandro Nesta and Serginho in and was joined by Adriano Galliani and Ariedo Braida

The chance to see Alessandro Nesta and Serginho in action is not one to be missed so there was a healthy crowd to watch the Milan youth side against Cagliari on Saturday afternoon. Amongst those present were coach Carlo Ancelotti and the management team of Adriano Galliani and Ariedo Braida

Galliani had this to say about Ronaldinho to the gathered journalists: 'I only think about my players not Ronaldinho. I prefer to maintain a good relationship with Barcelona, they don't disturb us and we don't want to disturb them.'

Carlo Ancelotti was confident that we would have a full squad at his disposal soon and looking ahead to the Roma match, said: 'Nesta is fine and ready to play against Roma. Serginho could also play a part.' Nesta certainly believes he is ready and added: 'I can't wait to sign my new contract.'
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 24 2007, 07:59 PM)
Nesta certainly believes he is ready and added: 'I can't wait to sign my new contract.'

king.gif king.gif
milanista1899
Nesta certainly believes he is ready and added: 'I can't wait to sign my new contract.'
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I can't wait for him to sign it either! biggrin.gif It's been a long time coming sad.gif rolleyes.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 19 2007, 03:49 PM)
Kaladze is supposed to be back around international duty, so he could be ready for Roma along with Nesta.

I would like Serginho to see some action, although you gotta watch out for Roma's counters.

id like to see a nesta, maldini, kaladze and serginho defence they will probably lack that special spark at the beggining but later on ... devilsmiley.gif
Jack Sparrow
Uhm...you're gonna play Nesta as RB? What're you Steve McLaren? unsure.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
mkenya
I hope R99 will pair up with Oli (the guy is good if only we showed some faith and support), with Kaka behind them..deadly!

Where is Gorcuff?? I wish he could play more regularly. Seedorf is ok but he's done all he can in Soccer, he should retire or go back to the Netherlands.

All the same, we HAVE to win this match and show Bayern what we are made of! FORZA MILAN!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mkenya @ Mar 26 2007, 02:18 PM)
I hope R99 will pair up with Oli (the guy is good if only we showed some faith and support), with Kaka behind them..deadly!

Where is Gorcuff?? I wish he could play more regularly.  Seedorf is ok but he's done all he can in Soccer, he should retire or go back to the Netherlands.

All the same, we HAVE to win this match and show Bayern what we are made of! FORZA MILAN!

Ahhh .. But he aint done with football
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 27 2007, 06:38 AM)
Ahhh .. But he aint done with football

laugh.gif laugh.gif
arivanjj
Roma - Milan -- Football Italia preview

Both Roma and Milan may have one eye on Europe but there’s still a tense battle in prospect as they clash at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday evening.

Roma’s task for the rest of the League season is to tread water in second place. With Inter now 18 points clear at the top, the Scudetto has long been a pipe dream and the priority is to ensure that their nine-point lead over third-placed city rivals Lazio stays intact.

While that doesn’t appear too demanding an objective, the Giallorossi won’t want to see the gap shrink before the Rome derby in Week 34 as defeat would ensure a nail-biting end to the season. Luciano Spalletti’s main worry here must be breaking down a tight Milan defence after his side were unable to rupture 10-man Fiorentina in Week 29’s stalemate.

Milan are running out of time in their bid to snatch a Champions League spot. Starting with an eight-point staggered start, the Rossoneri have clawed their way to within four points of the all-important final qualification spot but cannot afford any slip-ups now if they are to overhaul Palermo and fend off Empoli who are snapping at their heels.

Under-fire Carlo Ancelotti watched with relief as his side beat Atalanta 1-0 in Week 29 to help wash away the bitter memory of the derby defeat. However, despite a 15-game unbeaten run prior to the loss against Inter, a fifth-placed finish and the loss of Milan bragging rights will make for a miserable season unless Ancelotti can inspire a sprint finish to the campaign.

Roma upset Milan at the San Siro in Week 11 for the first time in 20 years thanks to a wonderful Francesco Totti brace. This time around a tight game looks likely – Roma have only conceded seven goals at the Olimpico all term and Milan have the best away defence in Serie A having only been breached 12 times. The pace may be affected by some tired legs with several players having played for the Azzurri against Scotland in mid-week. Both sides also have Champions League encounters to look forward to next week.

Spalletti has a strong squad but cannot call upon Matteo Ferrari who has a hip problem or long-term absentees Alberto Aquilani and Gilberto Martinez. Both Mirko Vucinic and Francesco Tavano are likely to start on the bench with Totti employed as a lone striker.

Milan’s recent selection problems are fading. Paolo Maldini is 50-50 with a knee injury and Kakha Kaladze will miss out, but Alessandro Nesta returns and Andrea Pirlo is available after serving a suspension. Daniele Bonera, who was dropped from the Italy squad to face Scotland, sits out once more as he has a one-match ban. Frustration continues to mount for Alberto Gilardino and Pippo Inzaghi who look set to warm the bench again with the Brazilian pair of Ronaldo and Ricardo Oliveira starting.

Man on fire: Simone Perrotta (Roma) – Has more than earned his Azzurri place in recent weeks. Having scored against Udinese in Week 28, only the brilliance of Sebastian Frey prevented him from being the hero against Fiorentina.

Last season: Roma 1-0 Milan

Form guide: Roma (W D D W D) Milan (W D W L W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma (probable): Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro, Taddei, Perrotta, Mancini; Totti

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Simic, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka; Ronaldo, Oliveira

Channel4
Rossoneri7
The game is in two days ..

We don't have the luxury of fielding Bonera, as he is suspended .. Maldini and Kaladze are out injured.

With Nesta back, our defense will be so-so, cuz I doubt he is 100% fit for the match .. The same with Sergio ...

I'm sure R99 will start for our attack, and our midfield should be in it's best shape.

With that in mind, I think we'll win, even if the defense is creaky .. Ronaldo and Kaka should do the trick, as they are getting better and better with each passing game king.gif

Milan 3-2 Roma
jefri91
I think it will be Milan 2-1 Roma
Roma scores the first goal then R9 will score then Oliveara will score winning goal cool.gif !!
nuh
@ jefri91 i hope so cuz i think too that ronie will score but i just dont see us winning this game
KillerMax
2:2

It really angers me how Roma can score against us whenever they want. Literally.
arivanjj
Oddo: Roma still my rival

Milan defender Massimo Oddo is looking forward to Saturday’s big match with Roma. “It still feels like a derby to me,” he said.

The defender joined the Rossoneri in January from capital rivals Lazio in a £5.5m deal and he’s admitted that facing the Giallorossi still has a special meaning for him.

“I spent five years with Lazio and Roma have always represented the derby for me, but this is also a match against a very strong side,” said Oddo to Sky Italia.

“This tie is special for me as we could help Lazio move closer to their Giallorossi cousins.

“Aside from the two Serie A derbies, there is great rivalry between the two clubs on who will end the season in the highest position,” added the World Cup winner.

“I am sure that everyone at Lazio would like to leapfrog Roma before the end of the present campaign.

“We will certainly do our best on Saturday, but mainly for our own good as Milan need to get some important points too.”

The San Siro outfit are currently fifth in the table with 43 points, four shy of Palermo who currently occupy fourth.

“We are aware that the match with Roma will not be an easy one as they are very strong,” continued the former Monza, Napoli and Verona man.

“We must try to remain serene, respect our opponents and give our all.”

Channel4[
Jack Sparrow
What???!!! Who the fack cares if Roma are overhauled by Lazio...I expect Oddo to want to overhaul Lazio, not talk about his former passions!!
han2503
This weekend against Roma will probably be the start of our MOST important few weeks. If we can get this right then we could really do something this season. If we lose against Roma then it won't be a disaster seeing as our Serie A season is over and the Serie A fixtures left would be enough for us to get into 4th.

Bayern will make or brake our season. If we lose the homegame or even draw it then we have no chance in the CL and that will be another trophyless season for us.

If we play like we can I think we can win against Roma, and their sudden arrogance towards us might even help us.
Tennie
Call ups:

20 CONVOCATI ROSSONERI PER ROMA-MILAN
30/03/2007
MILANELLO - Ecco l'elenco ufficiale. PORTIERI: Dida, Storari, Fiori. DIFENSORI: Cafu, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic. CENTROCAMPISTI: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. ATTACCANTI: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 30 2007, 12:52 PM)
Call ups:

20 CONVOCATI ROSSONERI PER ROMA-MILAN
30/03/2007
MILANELLO - Ecco l'elenco ufficiale. PORTIERI: Dida, Storari, Fiori. DIFENSORI: Cafu, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic. CENTROCAMPISTI: Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf. ATTACCANTI: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

No Massimo Ambro? I'm surprised with that. Unless there's an injury that i'm unaware of huh.gif

Fantastic to see Nesta back in the squad though, he is a difference maker. But still I don't think we'll win.

Prediction: Roma 1-0 Milan
Scorers: Totti
Tennie
According to the pre-match interview with Ancelotti (as yet untranslated but on the Milan site), Ambrosini picked up a slight knock while training with the NT. I /think/ he also said something about seeing Gourcuff start. (Porto, you around to check the translation?)
kurtsimonw
That's a shame if he is missing. He not exactly the most popular Milan payer, but he does his job, especially in big games for us.
Darunia
Well Janku and Ambro are out for Roma but will be back against Bayern.

"Gattuso took a knock but should be fine although Gourcuff could play." Does that mean he'll possibly use Gourcuff over Gattuso?

Anyways my probable lineup:

Dida

Oddo - Nesta - Simic/Maldini - Favalli

Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf

Kaka

Oliveira - Ronaldo
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 30 2007, 02:13 PM)

"Gattuso took a knock but should be fine although Gourcuff could play."  Does that mean he'll possibly use Gourcuff over Gattuso?

Dida

Kaka

Oliveira - Ronaldo

I agree with that line up. With Simic being preferred to Maldini. Channel 4s probable line-up doesn't include Seedorf which was a shock to me huh.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 30 2007, 02:13 PM)

"Gattuso took a knock but should be fine although Gourcuff could play."  Does that mean he'll possibly use Gourcuff over Gattuso?

Dida

Kaka

Oliveira - Ronaldo

Yes, I think it does so I can't see a midfield with just him Pirlo & Seedorf. Hate to say it but it'll most likely be them with Brocchi as well, with Kaka & Ronie upfront. rolleyes.gif sad.gif
misha
Roma tie vital, says Ancelotti

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has underlined how key Saturday’s game against Roma is. “This is the start of a crucial phase of the campaign,” he warned.

The Rossoneri take on their rivals at the Olimpico tomorrow night in a bid to cut the four-point gap between themselves and fourth-placed Palermo.

“The Roma match will be very difficult as we are up against a strong opponent, but this tie represents the beginning of a crucial stage of the season,” he noted on Friday.

“I think my men are well-prepared and ready to face this game, as well as the others which we will play before the end of the term.

“We know all about Roma’s qualities and their defects,” continued the former Giallorossi midfielder.

“Francesco Totti is an important reference point for them and we will have to try to limit his impact. He would definitely be the man I would take away from the Giallorossi.”

Ancelotti has named a 20-man squad for the trip and has included ex-Lazio symbol Alessandro Nesta, who has been sidelined with a shoulder injury since November 26.

“We have been waiting for him and he has finally recovered completely,” added the Coach. “This is important.

“Now he will have to try to find some continuity, but his availability in this part of the season is positive news for us.”

Milan squad: Dida, Storari, Fiori; Cafu, Favalli, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic; Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf; Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo
misha
Spalletti wary of Milan

Roma boss Luciano Spalletti is showing Milan great respect ahead of their clash on Saturday – despite already defeating them twice so far this season.

The Giallorossi won the first League meeting between the pair this term and then knocked them out of the Coppa Italia.

But the tactician, whose second-placed side are keen to defend their nine-point lead of rivals Lazio in the table, is aware that both teams are ready to give battle.

“I don’t think there is the risk that we might underestimate Milan,” noted the former Udinese and Sampdoria boss on Friday.

“They will be motivated by the fact that we have defeated them a few times this year and we know this will make them even more dangerous.”

Both teams go into the game with next week’s Champions League on their minds, but Spalletti insists that neither of the outfits – who could meet in the semi-finals of the competition – will snub their Serie A commitments.

“We are both determined to do well in the championship, even if we are the only Italian clubs left in the Champions League,” continued the 4-2-3-1 man.

“We will have to play to win as this also helps to create a winning mentality. A draw must only be the consequence of a failed victory.”

Roma will host Manchester United on Wednesday in the first leg of their European tie at a sold out Olimpico, but many supporters were left without tickets despite camping out overnight.

“I’m disappointed for those who won’t be at the arena,” he noted. “But this fact proves that we have been doing well this term and must motivate us even more.

“Our followers have shown their affection towards us and they are a very important factor for the team.”
Rossoneri7
This game will be a very crucial one, especially since we might be paired with them in the Semis .. I thnk Milan will come out winners in the end, but I predict a lot of goals ...
arivanjj
why do i get the feeling Brocchi will start this one with Rino!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.