> [SP] La Liga 2014-15

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 23 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #16

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Yes. Maybe I'm biased, but I saw this more of a "Remember who we are!" call to arms rather than the past glory sort of thing.

It's Galliani who does the past glory thing with the stay serene, bullshite.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 25 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Suarez ban ends the day before the Clasico. It's almost as if Barca are favoured. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

In any case, without any training and match practice, since he's banned from football activities, he shouldnt be playing anyway.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 25 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 25 2014, 01:15 PM) *
Suarez ban ends the day before the Clasico. It's almost as if Barca are favoured. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Really really hope this is droll sarcasm.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 2 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #19

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Suarez has a hearing on the 8th August, they surely won't reduce the ban.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 2 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 2 2014, 06:31 PM) *

Don't be so sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 2 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #21

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Now that he's with Barca I'm honestly not.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 2 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 2 2014, 05:31 PM) *

It was too harsh in the first place. Prepostorous, Orwellian dictatorship.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 2 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 2 2014, 09:42 PM) *
It was too harsh in the first place. Prepostorous, Orwellian dictatorship.

No it wasn't, it was pretty light considering this is the THIRD time he's done this, next time (and there WILL be a next time) he should be banned for at the least half of a season. He was even luckier this time around because most of the ban has been served through holidays

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 2 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra

There's no ban too harsh for repeat offender. Doing something wrong? You get punished. Doing it a second time? You're an idiot and deserve what you get. Do it a 3rd? Your time should be up. Suarez has proven he can basically do what he wants, now his club allegiance will probably allow him to do it with minimal ban too.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #25

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 2 2014, 09:08 PM) *
No it wasn't, it was pretty light considering this is the THIRD time he's done this, next time (and there WILL be a next time) he should be banned for at the least half of a season. He was even luckier this time around because most of the ban has been served through holidays

So, if you committed an offence at your place of work, and they told you you could not engage in ANY work-related activities for 4 months except doing the job in your leisure in your spare time, you'd accept that as just?

That your work was actually telling you how to live your life for 4 months? I can accept a ban from playing but ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING FOOTBALL RELATED INCLUDING PHOTOSHOOTS?!

How utterly dare they!

F*ck off! Usual FIFA corruption, nothing more.

PS Kurt, this was a FIFA ban, the Barca paranoia is Uefa. FIFA couldn't give a sh*t about Barca. Tbh neither could Uefa.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 3 2014, 11:23 AM
Post #26

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

I'd expect to be in jail for 4 month..if I go around biting people...or in other places you know.

This post has been edited by William405: Aug 3 2014, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 10:59 AM) *
So, if you committed an offence at your place of work, and they told you you could not engage in ANY work-related activities for 4 months except doing the job in your leisure in your spare time, you'd accept that as just?

That your work was actually telling you how to live your life for 4 months? I can accept a ban from playing but ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING FOOTBALL RELATED INCLUDING PHOTOSHOOTS?!

How utterly dare they!

F*ck off! Usual FIFA corruption, nothing more.

PS Kurt, this was a FIFA ban, the Barca paranoia is Uefa. FIFA couldn't give a sh*t about Barca. Tbh neither could Uefa.

As William here rightly mentioned, if I go around biting people at my work place I'm sure I'd be arrested for ASSAULT. Do you really think I feel sorry for him not being able to pose his famous teeth around in photo-shoots after what he did THREE times now? F@ck no! He deserves worse.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #28

Allievi Nazionali

Yer *rse! What FIFA have done is outwith their jurisdiction. They're not law, they're football governance. How dare they say 'you are banned from all football-related activity including anything above kicking the ball about with your friends'.

That's Orwellian, pure and simple.

PS this 'jail' line doesn't work. See last night? When Benatia threw a missile at Pepe? Every inch as much assault as a mild bite is. See those awful 'tackles' which are more assault than challenge and get a red card? Every inch as much 'jail' material as a bite or a missile.

'if it happened on the street I'd be in jail' blah blah.

Er no, sadly on the pitch the rules are different. You get red cards, not jail.

So if you think Suarez' bite was jail material, then every malicious or violent act on the pitch, including some woeful tackles from our own Milan players, are also jail material.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Yer *rse! What FIFA have done is outwith their jurisdiction. They're not law, they're football governance. How dare they say 'you are banned from all football-related activity including anything above kicking the ball about with your friends'.

That's Orwellian, pure and simple.

PS this 'jail' line doesn't work. See last night? When Benatia threw a missile at Pepe? Every inch as much assault as a mild bite is. See those awful 'tackles' which are more assault than challenge and get a red card? Every inch as much 'jail' material as a bite or a missile.

'if it happened on the street I'd be in jail' blah blah.

Er no, sadly on the pitch the rules are different. You get red cards, not jail.

So if you think Suarez' bite was jail material, then every malicious or violent act on the pitch, including some woeful tackles from our own Milan players, are also jail material.

A tackle is within the laws of the game, if it's bad you get punished for it through a red card. A bite is above and beyond, it's probably the worst form or aggression. You simply cannot excuse it, especially when it's not the first time this happened.

Fifa don't want Suarez doing anything football related, including advertisements because he's a bad example and a terrible advert for the sport, he's a diver, a cheat and a biter on top of all that. I'm not saying other players don't dive but Suarez just hits the trifecta, just like Pepe does. Players like them should not get any concessions or leeway.

And imo, for what he did, Suarez should be punished for longer, maybe not the football related activities part, I don't really care about that, but he should be banned for longer from playing official games, otherwise if he continues to simply get a slap on the wrist each time he will continue to act in this manner.

And yes the rules in football change, I don't go around tackling people at work, because it's not part of my job description, but it is part of the job description for a player, biting is not

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 3 2014, 02:20 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 11:59 AM) *

If this was the 3rd time I'd committed the offence, I really wouldn't have a leg to stand on and thats my biggest issue here.

I agree that some, but very few, tackles have intent and/or are dangerous. But you look at some horrific injuries in football, most of them are because the tackle was a split second late, which can not be helped in a game of such speed.

Biting people is completely alien, it's not a split second decision to go and do that. To do it 3 times? A 4 month ban is ridiculous, even moreso when half of that ban is when no football is even played. A tackle is at least an attempt to get to the ball. A bite on a player completely away from play really is nothing like a tackle at all.

An offender should be punished, he was. Repeat offenders need to be made a massive example out of. If FIFA don't ban him for life when he does this again, it just proves because of his name he can get away with anything.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:39 PM