> Rino looks to the future, Friday 2 May, 2008

LaPalma
post May 10 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #76

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 10 2008, 06:42 AM)
I don't think Ringo could be replaced if he left. Not Essian, Diarra, Cambiasso, (just put in any DM in the world) can fill in for Ringo. Even if you bring in Ronaldinho, Messi and Etoo .. There would still be a HUGE hole left in this Milan team without Ringo. .

I just can't imagine this Milan without Ringo ... Sure he doesn't have the technical skills of many sought after DMs in the world .. But he has a unique characteristic, that fighting spirit, the drive and determination. He is just irreplaceable.

I hope, that he remains (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

1899% agreed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post May 10 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #77

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 10 2008, 08:42 AM)
I don't think Ringo could be replaced if he left. Not Essian, Diarra, Cambiasso, (just put in any DM in the world) can fill in for Ringo. Even if you bring in Ronaldinho, Messi and Etoo .. There would still be a HUGE hole left in this Milan team without Ringo. .

I just can't imagine this Milan without Ringo ... Sure he doesn't have the technical skills of many sought after DMs in the world .. But he has a unique characteristic, that fighting spirit, the drive and determination. He is just irreplaceable.

I hope, that he remains (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I don't agree. But of course I hope he remains.

+Quote Post

armiss
post May 10 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #78

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,312

This is worse thing after Sheva departure ...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #79

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I really do belive he stays with us. Milan needs Gattuso just as bad as Gattuso needs Milan.

Also, I cannot imagine Rino in the Bundesliga. It would be a waste. No offense to Bundesliga fans (I consider myself as one also) but Van Bommel makes a great DM there, he's just enough.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 12 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #80

Group Icon

I think Bayern know that they'll face a bigger thread in the upcoming years than Bremen or Hamburg. Because Magaths Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim (when they'll make it to the Buli) have the money to break Bayern dominance and they also have very very capable coaches to do that.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 12 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #81

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (LaPalma @ May 12 2008, 01:52 PM)
I think Bayern know that they'll face a bigger thread in the upcoming years than Bremen or Hamburg. Because Magaths Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim (when they'll make it to the Buli) have the money to break Bayern dominance and they also have very very capable coaches to do that.

Hoffenheim? Can you tell me more about them?

Mhmh,..you thing Wolfsburg will be a thread next season?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 13 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #82

Group Icon

Concerning Wolfsburg. They won't be a thread for Bayern next season, but maybe in 2 or 3 considering the amount of money they get from VW.
Hoffenheim are currently playing in the 2nd Bundesliga but it's very likely they'll make it to the Bundesliga for the upcoming season. The club is owned by Dietmar Hopp, the founder of SAP software, multi-billionaire etc. He bought some young stars for the team in front of this season. Some really talented guys like Carlos Eduardo (rumours were linking him to Milan...). All in all they bought new players for over 30 million Euro last year. And that as a club in the 2nd Bundesliga....it'll be intersting to see their development.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post May 13 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #83

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

so apparently gattuso is as good gone (according to goal.com)

i'm all for getting ride fo certain players and demoting others but gattuso isnt one that i'd like to see go... i dont think he has the legs to play more than 2/3 of the games during the season so a rotation with him would have been fine.

saddening because gattuso should be part of the rebuilding...

This post has been edited by Habitant: May 13 2008, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 13 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #84

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Ambro > Gattuso. And with Flamini and Pirlo also here he shouldn't be starting anymore. But we do need depth. But it really doesn't look like Milan are able to get decent players for depth.

There is no way I can see us getting players who're happy to sit on the bench for half the season for a UEFA Cup team.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 13 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #85

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 14 2008, 01:16 AM)
Ambro > Gattuso. And with Flamini and Pirlo also here he shouldn't be starting anymore. But we do need depth. But it really doesn't look like Milan are able to get decent players for depth.

There is no way I can see us getting players who're happy to sit on the bench for half the season for a UEFA Cup team.

Why don't you like Gattuso? ADMIT IT, you don't like him! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

There's the Italian championship too. Maybe for players that are 28 or older it is a big deal but I don't think younger players would have such a big problem coming to Milan if we don't finish 4th.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 13 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #86

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (dst @ May 13 2008, 10:49 PM)
Why don't you like Gattuso? ADMIT IT, you don't like him! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

There's the Italian championship too. Maybe for players that are 28 or older it is a big deal but I don't think younger players would have such a big problem coming to Milan if we don't finish 4th.

I do like Gattuso, but there's a difference between not liking somebody and thinking there's better players in the team.

Everything Rino can do, Ambro can do. Ambro is also MUCH better on the ball and MUCH better as an attacking threat. Ambro is good on both sides of the ball, Rino is only good when Milan aren't in posession, that's all I'm saying.

I think the problem is, if we're going to get young players that're good enough to help Milan, surely other teams - that can offer CL football - will also want them, which is where I see a problem.

If we play poorly next season, Galliani will blame it on us not being able to offer the top players CL football!

+Quote Post

dst
post May 14 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #87

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 14 2008, 01:56 AM)
I do like Gattuso, but there's a difference between not liking somebody and thinking there's better players in the team.

Everything Rino can do, Ambro can do. Ambro is also MUCH better on the ball and MUCH better as an attacking threat. Ambro is good on both sides of the ball, Rino is only good when Milan aren't in posession, that's all I'm saying.

I don't agree with anything you say here.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 14 2008, 01:56 AM)
I think the problem is, if we're going to get young players that're good enough to help Milan, surely other teams - that can offer CL football - will also want them, which is where I see a problem.

If we play poorly next season, Galliani will blame it on us not being able to offer the top players CL football!

It's not only this one season though. I mean... considering we get back on our feet again, I think it's more probable that Milan will win the CL in the next 5 seasons than Juve to do the same. I know that's terribly hypothetical and maybe no footballer thinks this way but in any case I think an offer from Milan (or any other top club) cannot be rejected easily, CL football available or not. Maybe one would prefer a top that can also offer CL football (which will only be for next season) but such a decision is taken after considering several factors.

Galliani will always have an excuse for every big or tiny thing...

PS I like your sig. 'The Beard' (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: May 14 2008, 12:11 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 14 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #88

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (dst @ May 13 2008, 11:09 PM)
It's not only this one season though. I mean... considering we get back on our feet again, I think it's more probable that Milan will win the CL in the next 5 seasons than Juve to do the same. I know that's terribly hypothetical and maybe no footballer thinks this way but in any case I think an offer from Milan (or any other top club) cannot be rejected easily, CL football available or not. Maybe one would prefer a top that can also offer CL football (which will only be for next season) but such a decision is taken after considering several factors.

I do agree to some extent. Flamini is a good example to use, he's already signed for us without the guarantee of CL football, so it does happen. I just think it helps alot to be playing in the European Cup.

Galliani will always have an excuse for every big or tiny thing...

Yeah. I have no problem with him taking credit for when we do well. it's the blaming everything else when things don't go well that does my head in.

It was something he was really recognised for. He didn't look right at all when he shaved, there must have been about 20,000 people in fake beards for his last home game. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They're also now refered to as Olof Mellberg facts, not Chuck Norris facts in our parts!

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: May 14 2008, 12:19 AM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post May 19 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #89

Group Icon

Der FC Bayern München muss seine Hoffnung auf eine Verpflichtung von Gennaro Gattuso begraben. Der italienische Weltmeister beendete am Montag die Spekulationen um seine Zukunft und erklärte, seinen bis 2011 gültigen Vertrag beim AC Mailand erfüllen zu wollen.

"Wir sind immer noch Freunde, ich bleibe noch drei weitere Jahre bei Milan und werde hier auch meine Karriere beenden", sagte Gattuso nach einem Treffen mit Vizepräsident Adriano Galliani und Trainer Carlo Ancelotti am Montag. Der Mittelfeldspieler wechselte im Januar 1999 von den Glasgow Rangers zum AC Mailand.

Mit den Rossoneri wird der 57-malige italienische Nationalspieler in der kommenden Saison allerdings nur im UEFA-Cup spielen. Der 4:1-Sieg gegen Udinese am letzten Spieltag der Serie A reichte nicht mehr zu Platz vier, da der AC Florenz mit 1:0 beim FC Turin gewann. Dem AC Mailand steht nun ein Umbruch bevor. Doch während andere Routiniers wie Cafu (37) und Serginho (36) den Klub definitiv verlassen werden, bleibt neben Gattuso auch Kapitän Paolo Maldini den Rossoneri treu. Der 39-Jährige wird in Kürze noch einmal um ein Jahr verlängern.

Die Bayern müssen ihre Suche nach einem neuen defensiven Mittelfeldspieler damit fortsetzen. Schon bei Mathieu Flamini hatte der deutsche Meister gegen Milan den Kürzeren gezogen. Der Franzose wechselt im Sommer vom FC Arsenal in die Lombardei

To cut a long story short: Rino stays and wants to end his career with us! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post May 19 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #90

Guests

Gattuso commits to Milan
Monday 19 May, 2008

Gennaro Gattuso has ended speculation about his future by deciding to remain at Milan. "I'll finish my career here."

The pugnacious midfielder had been tipped for a move to Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Tottenham or Newcastle this summer as Milan look to revamp their squad after failing to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

While it was widely suggested that the arrival of Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini would signal the end of the road for Rino, a long meeting with Vice-President Adriano Galliani and agent Andrea D’Amico today seems to have cured his wanderlust.

“We are friends like we were before and I will stay here for another three years,” Gattuso told journalists. “I will finish my career here.”

Gattuso is under contract with the Diavolo until 2011 and has reportedly received assurances from Galliani that he is still seen as an integral part of Carlo Ancelotti’s side for next season.

Milan’s ambitious transfer plans for the summer must have been hit hard by missing out on Champions League football and Gattuso’s decision may have been influenced by the reduced chance of further midfield additions.

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:36 PM