Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MILAN, Almost done for Borriello

Zed.D
post May 26 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #16

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

I hope they don't forget we need a top quality striker... as soon as we sign that world class striker, I won't give a damn about Borriello.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

stikers wil be sheva and borrillio

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Nah, Borriello is just an' Gilardino replacement. And remember how Gila was dangerous and needed. We'll get another, a real one.

+Quote Post

nuh
post May 26 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

i believe that next year our formation will like this :
kalac
zambrota-nesta-maldini-jan
pirlo
fl/gat-r10/seedorf
kaka
eto-pato
maybe borriello

This post has been edited by nuh: May 26 2008, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 26 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

If this is true this is one of Galliani's most stupid of decisions

We've gone from bad to worse. If we wanted to replace Gila we should have gotten a player that will actually be an upgrade on him, if Boriello is really that guy then we might as well just kept Gila (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #21

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (nuh @ May 26 2008, 03:40 PM)
i believe that next year our formation will like this :
        kalac
zambrota-nesta-maldini-jan
              pirlo
        fl/gat-r10/seedorf
              kaka
        eto-pato
    maybe borriello

I don't belive in a PAT-ETO combo..

+Quote Post

nuh
post May 26 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2008, 03:27 PM)
I don't belive in a PAT-ETO combo..

why ?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (nuh @ May 26 2008, 04:45 PM)
why ?

Well, that wouldn't work. Eto'o needs someone who can deliver and mostly play aside near the flanks. That's not what Pato is for. Eto'o needs space, just the same with Pato. I'm not sure it would work. Anyway, I fear Eto'os best days are over.

A Pato-Drogba duo would be much more compatible IMO,.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 26 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,827

Borriello says that he'll not come to Milan to worm the bench, and honestly he's right!

Borriello : I'm no reserve

There's a rumour about Milan buying Borri and then exchange/sell him to la Roma and get Mancini though ...

This post has been edited by morgoth: May 26 2008, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

His attitude is good IMO. He played the season of his life and won a ticket to Austria & Switzerland... that gives him the right to have his 5 minutes of glory. If he remains determinated and proves his determination with results/goals on the pitch, he could become a starter.

Now is the time to decide - Borriello's price and value are probably now higher the ever (in future) and we could use him as a chip for some trade or earn money on him. It's up to our board..

+Quote Post

kdman
post May 26 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #26

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 53

I also believe a Pato-Drogba combo would be better than one with Eto'o. In any case, I prefer Drogba over Eto'o based on current form and how they can suit our purpose.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #27

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2008, 07:42 PM)
His attitude is good IMO. He played the season of his life and won a ticket to Austria & Switzerland... that gives him the right to have his 5 minutes of glory. If he remains determinated and proves his determination with results/goals on the pitch, he could become a starter.

Now is the time to decide - Borriello's price and value are probably now higher the ever (in future) and we could use him as a chip for some trade or earn money on him. It's up to our board..

or he could add to the UEFA quota of having X number of players from your primavera in your roster (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

@han .. Who said Borriello would replace Gila ?! It's waaaay too early to speculate on such issues, for one, we don't know which world class striker will come in, in the first place. And for that to happen, Gila would have to sign with Fiorentina first.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 26 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2008, 05:16 PM)
@han .. Who said Borriello would replace Gila ?!  It's waaaay too early to speculate on such issues, for one, we don't know which world class striker will come in, in the first place. And for that to happen, Gila would have to sign with Fiorentina first.

Galliani said that if Gila leaves TWO strikers will come in. That means if Boriello is brought in then he could be 1 of the 2 that were promised.

And imo, if we take Boriello back it would be taking a step back in terms of quality. We all saw how Gila did at Parma, now compare that to Borriello at Genoa, the only difference is that we already know that he will ammount to nothing at Milan sincee he has already been given a chance at Milan on more then one occasion.

And also spending money on a player when you know that he's never done anything good for Milan and also Milan themselves had pretty much given to Genoa for practically nothing just to get rid of him would be a waste of money that could be used in other areas or even to smooth out the deal with Barca for Zambro and R10

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #29

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2008, 09:11 PM)
Galliani said that if Gila leaves TWO strikers will come in. That means if Boriello is brought in then he could be 1 of the 2 that were promised.

And imo, if we take Boriello back it would be taking a step back in terms of quality. We all saw how Gila did at Parma, now compare that to Borriello at Genoa, the only difference is that we already know that he will ammount to nothing at Milan sincee he has already been given a chance at Milan on more then one occasion.

And also spending money on a player when you know that he's never done anything good for Milan and also Milan themselves had pretty much given  to Genoa for practically nothing just to get rid of him would be a waste of money that could be used in other areas or even to smooth out the deal with Barca for Zambro and R10

Well yes, Gila-Parma could be used as an example and I fear for such a situation with Borriello too .. But UEFA regulations imply that we need to bring in players from the primavera and Borriello is the best of them atm. Hence, I don't see this as a bad deal, rather the best considering the circumstances.

About the money issue .. I'd rather leave it to the experts at Via Turati .. They have been cutting deals for years now, they know exactly what they are doing (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And on the strikers, I believe one will come .. And that one would be Shevchenko, if not then another world class striker. Plus Ronaldinho. And that would be it, of course if I wanted to unlock my wet dreams, I would say Drogba, Etoo, Bin Zema, Henry, etc .. But I am not about to go there.

p.s. It is too early han, Galliani said two strikers, yes. And they could very well be Borriello plus another world class striker. Then again, Borriello hasn't arrived yet, not has Gilardino left, so it is all up in the air. Let's just keep it on ice till the window opens (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 26 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #30

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

re: Borriello, there's always option #3 (which has been speculated today): namely, that Milan buy him back and then sell him on to another club. Could see that happening too, depending.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:41 AM