Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MILAN, Almost done for Borriello
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
nuh
AC Milan and CFC Genoa are about to find an agreement for the transfer of striker Marco Borriello to the World Champions; the ligurian club should obtain 6 million Euros plus Luca Antonini and Davide Di Gennaro; Borriello should sign a 5 year deal and earn 3 million Euros per season.

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=16932
Portman
I dunno what to think.
armiss
I dont like it !
CrazyMilanFan
i hate it
CrazyMilanFan
and is de gennnaro on loan or permenent or our favourite co-ownership
Habitant
boriello as a 4th striker i can handle, but this still means we need a world class forward...
whoarethepatriots
I wont comment till this is official, but he will add another dimension of play, aieral ability, the ability to hold up the ball and general Target Striker skills
armiss
After all this means : Drogba or .... + Pato + Sheva (Silvio)+ Borriello + Inzagi + Ronaldo (After recovery)

or Drogba or .... + Pato + Borriello + Inzagi ?

when i remember Gilardino case i am going crazy !

WTH are we doing ?
kurtsimonw
If we leave it at Pato, Boriello, Inzaghi, Ronaldo, Paloschi then we'll be looking at 5th place again next season. We desperately need a top striker.
Tennie
^^To answer the above question re: Di Gennaro, Mediaset is reporting that he's going on loan only.

I'm not sure what to think of this one. We need another GOOD striker too, however, if it goes through.
CrazyMilanFan
gallaini strongly considers kaka as a stiker so i think our two stiker new one will be R10 and this borreillo
dst
WHAT?

6 million to Genoa and 3 million per season for Borriello!?!?!?!? I just hope this does not go through... I would really really feel ashamed! dry.gif
Portman
Borriello will be our prima-punta. Amazing.

A POSTTTTTTTTTTO CCOOSSSSSSSIII!! biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 25 2008, 07:03 PM)
WHAT?

6 million to Genoa and 3 million per season for Borriello!?!?!?!? I just hope this does not go through... I would really really feel ashamed! dry.gif

Damn Right!!!!!!!!! mad.gif
....even though i dont want Boriello back (if he does arrive) I hope he can make me eat my words. wink.gif
If di gennaro was really being part of this soo called sh1t deal it better be on loan! dry.gif
armiss
In this way later Galliani would say that Kaladze is our striker , as he said about kaka and Seedorf last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????

this nightmare is not going to end ! even Gilardino will have more success than us !
Zed.D
I hope they don't forget we need a top quality striker... as soon as we sign that world class striker, I won't give a damn about Borriello.
CrazyMilanFan
stikers wil be sheva and borrillio
Fillipo Simone
Nah, Borriello is just an' Gilardino replacement. And remember how Gila was dangerous and needed. We'll get another, a real one.
nuh
i believe that next year our formation will like this :
kalac
zambrota-nesta-maldini-jan
pirlo
fl/gat-r10/seedorf
kaka
eto-pato
maybe borriello
han2503
If this is true this is one of Galliani's most stupid of decisions

We've gone from bad to worse. If we wanted to replace Gila we should have gotten a player that will actually be an upgrade on him, if Boriello is really that guy then we might as well just kept Gila rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (nuh @ May 26 2008, 03:40 PM)
i believe that next year our formation will like this :
        kalac
zambrota-nesta-maldini-jan
              pirlo
        fl/gat-r10/seedorf
              kaka
        eto-pato
    maybe borriello

I don't belive in a PAT-ETO combo..
nuh
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2008, 03:27 PM)
I don't belive in a PAT-ETO combo..

why ?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (nuh @ May 26 2008, 04:45 PM)
why ?

Well, that wouldn't work. Eto'o needs someone who can deliver and mostly play aside near the flanks. That's not what Pato is for. Eto'o needs space, just the same with Pato. I'm not sure it would work. Anyway, I fear Eto'os best days are over.

A Pato-Drogba duo would be much more compatible IMO,.. cool.gif
morgoth
Borriello says that he'll not come to Milan to worm the bench, and honestly he's right!

Borriello : I'm no reserve

There's a rumour about Milan buying Borri and then exchange/sell him to la Roma and get Mancini though ...
Fillipo Simone
His attitude is good IMO. He played the season of his life and won a ticket to Austria & Switzerland... that gives him the right to have his 5 minutes of glory. If he remains determinated and proves his determination with results/goals on the pitch, he could become a starter.

Now is the time to decide - Borriello's price and value are probably now higher the ever (in future) and we could use him as a chip for some trade or earn money on him. It's up to our board..
kdman
I also believe a Pato-Drogba combo would be better than one with Eto'o. In any case, I prefer Drogba over Eto'o based on current form and how they can suit our purpose.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2008, 07:42 PM)
His attitude is good IMO. He played the season of his life and won a ticket to Austria & Switzerland... that gives him the right to have his 5 minutes of glory. If he remains determinated and proves his determination with results/goals on the pitch, he could become a starter.

Now is the time to decide - Borriello's price and value are probably now higher the ever (in future) and we could use him as a chip for some trade or earn money on him. It's up to our board..

or he could add to the UEFA quota of having X number of players from your primavera in your roster wink.gif

@han .. Who said Borriello would replace Gila ?! It's waaaay too early to speculate on such issues, for one, we don't know which world class striker will come in, in the first place. And for that to happen, Gila would have to sign with Fiorentina first.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2008, 05:16 PM)
@han .. Who said Borriello would replace Gila ?!  It's waaaay too early to speculate on such issues, for one, we don't know which world class striker will come in, in the first place. And for that to happen, Gila would have to sign with Fiorentina first.

Galliani said that if Gila leaves TWO strikers will come in. That means if Boriello is brought in then he could be 1 of the 2 that were promised.

And imo, if we take Boriello back it would be taking a step back in terms of quality. We all saw how Gila did at Parma, now compare that to Borriello at Genoa, the only difference is that we already know that he will ammount to nothing at Milan sincee he has already been given a chance at Milan on more then one occasion.

And also spending money on a player when you know that he's never done anything good for Milan and also Milan themselves had pretty much given to Genoa for practically nothing just to get rid of him would be a waste of money that could be used in other areas or even to smooth out the deal with Barca for Zambro and R10
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2008, 09:11 PM)
Galliani said that if Gila leaves TWO strikers will come in. That means if Boriello is brought in then he could be 1 of the 2 that were promised.

And imo, if we take Boriello back it would be taking a step back in terms of quality. We all saw how Gila did at Parma, now compare that to Borriello at Genoa, the only difference is that we already know that he will ammount to nothing at Milan sincee he has already been given a chance at Milan on more then one occasion.

And also spending money on a player when you know that he's never done anything good for Milan and also Milan themselves had pretty much given  to Genoa for practically nothing just to get rid of him would be a waste of money that could be used in other areas or even to smooth out the deal with Barca for Zambro and R10

Well yes, Gila-Parma could be used as an example and I fear for such a situation with Borriello too .. But UEFA regulations imply that we need to bring in players from the primavera and Borriello is the best of them atm. Hence, I don't see this as a bad deal, rather the best considering the circumstances.

About the money issue .. I'd rather leave it to the experts at Via Turati .. They have been cutting deals for years now, they know exactly what they are doing smile.gif

And on the strikers, I believe one will come .. And that one would be Shevchenko, if not then another world class striker. Plus Ronaldinho. And that would be it, of course if I wanted to unlock my wet dreams, I would say Drogba, Etoo, Bin Zema, Henry, etc .. But I am not about to go there.

p.s. It is too early han, Galliani said two strikers, yes. And they could very well be Borriello plus another world class striker. Then again, Borriello hasn't arrived yet, not has Gilardino left, so it is all up in the air. Let's just keep it on ice till the window opens biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Tennie
re: Borriello, there's always option #3 (which has been speculated today): namely, that Milan buy him back and then sell him on to another club. Could see that happening too, depending.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2008, 06:39 PM)
Well yes, Gila-Parma could be used as an example and I fear for such a situation with Borriello too .. But UEFA regulations imply that we need to bring in players from the primavera and Borriello is the best of them atm. Hence, I don't see this as a bad deal, rather the best considering the circumstances.

About the money issue .. I'd rather leave it to the experts at Via Turati .. They have been cutting deals for years now, they know exactly what they are doing smile.gif

And on the strikers, I believe one will come .. And that one would be Shevchenko, if not then another world class striker. Plus Ronaldinho. And that would be it, of course if I wanted to unlock my wet dreams, I would say Drogba, Etoo, Bin Zema, Henry, etc .. But I am not about to go there.

p.s. It is too early han, Galliani said two strikers, yes. And they could very well be Borriello plus another world class striker. Then again, Borriello hasn't arrived yet, not has Gilardino left, so it is all up in the air. Let's just keep it on ice till the window opens biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

Well that is a valid reason, but if that was the actual reason for bringing him in, then I for one would have much rather seen us keeping a hold of Paloschi, who has actually stepped up for us this season in sticky situations, and I think as a striker he is more complete then Boriello is

Well seeing how they are trying to dring the sum for Zambro and R10 to the very last penny, because we're supposedly in the red (still don't understand how this happened btw huh.gif ), I would much rather see the money the would spend to get Boriello and use it in the Zambro R10 deal so we can make those transfer happen smoothly and not see us trying to scramble to get them in the very last day of the transfer window. It would be better if we get them now and they have the pre-season with us and start getting R10 back in shape, rather then waiting to get him in the last minute and he'll spen half the season acclematising with the team and getting back his fitness.

Still don't know about Sheva coming, but I do believe, as you do that one top striker will come, and he will hae to be another supporting striker, who that might be I don't know, but I believe that if we do get R10 he will be the SS not as something seperate, he will be one of the 2 strikers that Galliani has talked about.

As for Gila, I am 100% sure that he will be a Viola player by next season, and he will have to be replaced, I'm just hoping that his replacement would be a step up in quality rather then a step down ie. replaced by a box striker like Drogba[ex] or a box stiker like Boriello there's a huge difference in quality there and Boriello imo would be a step down from Gila
LaPalma
I think some people here underestimate Borriello. Yes, he's been cr@p for us when he played at Milan. But sometimes players need a little luck, one or two lucky goals and become world class. Just look at Luca Toni or Oliver Bierhoff. When they were Borriellos age no one would have expected them to become on the best strikers in the world.
I simply think we shouldn't miss out on anotehr Toni.
morgoth
QUOTE (LaPalma @ May 26 2008, 08:36 PM)
I think some people here underestimate Borriello. Yes, he's been cr@p for us when he played at Milan. But sometimes players need a little luck, one or two lucky goals and become world class. Just look at Luca Toni or Oliver Bierhoff. When they were Borriellos age no one would have expected them to become on the best strikers in the world.

Well said, plus we have to take in consideration how many matches Borri played for us before starting to compare him with Gila or saying that he's cr@p!
LaPalma
Exactly.
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ May 26 2008, 07:36 PM)

Personally I just don't see him as the type of player to make it in a club like Milan.
Fillipo Simone
^^ Me neither. But if we decide to keep him, I'll give him his last shot. Until the...patience! We need patience here! We're all talking like as if it was the last week of October not May.. biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2008, 09:54 PM)
Well that is a valid reason, but if that was the actual reason for bringing him in, then I for one would have much rather seen us keeping a hold of Paloschi, who has actually stepped up for us this season in sticky situations, and I think as a striker he is more complete then Boriello is

Well seeing how they are trying to dring the sum for Zambro and R10 to the very last penny, because we're supposedly in the red (still don't understand how this happened btw  huh.gif  ), I would much rather see the money the would spend to get Boriello and use it in the Zambro R10 deal so we can make those transfer happen smoothly and not see us trying to scramble to get them in the very last day of the transfer window. It would be better if we get them now and they have the pre-season with us and start getting R10 back in shape, rather then waiting to get him in the last minute and he'll spen half the season acclematising with the team and getting back his fitness.

Still don't know about Sheva coming, but I do believe, as you do that one top striker will come, and he will hae to be another supporting striker, who that might be I don't know, but I believe that if we do get R10 he will be the SS not as something seperate, he will be one of the 2 strikers that Galliani has talked about.

As for Gila, I am 100% sure that he will be a Viola player by next season, and he will have to be replaced, I'm just hoping that his replacement would be a step up in quality rather then a step down ie. replaced by a box striker like Drogba[ex] or a box stiker like Boriello there's a huge difference in quality there and Boriello imo would be a step down from Gila

If we do get a WC striker, then Paloschi wouldn't even have room to play in the coppa matches, send him out on loan let him express himself better, then when he has gotten his legs used to playing in Serie A bring him back. Paloschi is very determined and with the right guidance he could very well be one of the Azzurri's lead strikers in 2010. But atm, Milan isn't that club that he should be at to get the playing time that he needs, loan him out now, and bring him back when there is space in the squad for him.

You know, I once wrote a letter to Fininvest and never got a reply. So I don't have any clue of what they are spending on. But off the top of my head, post-calciopoli era Milan's game tickets were selling at fairly low. Also, there was the upgrades that were done at San Siro so the fans could attend European venues, there also is increased wages for certain players, etc .. And the list could go on and on .. If ever you get a chance at School, check out a balance sheet (usually accounting classes teach you how to read them smile.gif ); it shows you exactly what expenditure or cost is on them and how much in revenues, profit, etc .. It gives you a basic insight on what assets the company has available against liabilities on the company.

So in that sense, I see it as pointless to talk about how much the club had spent and how much it would spend, when you don't even have the basic material, (let alone cash flow statements and what not), you need to analyze. So I choose not to go there

Yes I do believe, a new strategy for the attack will be implemented to fit in Ronaldinho, WC striker, along with the rest .. But, there are noises from Via Turati stating that Kaka' would be slotted as an SS next season. So I guess, Ancelotti is restructuring the attack, with Ronaldinho taking up the AM slot, probably alternate .. But, yes Ronaldinho could very well be one of the strikers, and if so ? I don't see the problem in that .. I mean, do you honestly think (for the sake of the example) Shevcenko and Drogba will be two new strikers for Milan ? Where would that leave Pato ? and Borriello surely wouldn't get the chance to prove to us his worth, and Inzaghi I mean Ronaldo when he is back (IF he is back wink.gif ) ... Personally, I would be all for it, bring in two world class strikers, but then again, logically, one of Pato or Borriello will barely get time on the field.

Nah, Borriello isn't a replacement for Gilardino (between us, I don't think there is much to replace tongue.gif ) ... But yeah, a world class striker should arrive !! And whoever that striker might be, I'm looking forward king.gif
morgoth
For thing are pretty obvious from a tactical point of view. If R10 come to Milan we'll play the x-mass formation as our first choice, R01 and Kaka will alternate as the SS, and then put a striker when we'll have 2 goals down. With that in mind If we get a striker and R10 then there will be no place for Pato in the starting 11, he'll do what he did since Inzaghi got his form back, play the last 15/10 minutes or the second halves when a results is needed.

I really hope we don't buy R10 and a world class striker, because Pato will have no place in the first 11 and will probably do a Gourcuff! Our management should go for a target striker like Drogba and play the 4-4-2 diamond formation again with Pato, but since they choose to put their faith in Calro for the next season, I think we'll have to wait for 2 years (when Carlo's contract ends) to see Pato as the first choice starter at Milan.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 26 2008, 11:13 PM)
For thing are pretty obvious from a tactical point of view. If R10 come to Milan we'll play the x-mass formation as our first choice, R01 and Kaka will alternate as the SS, and then put a striker when we'll have 2 goals down. With that in mind If we get a striker and R10 then there will be no place for Pato in the starting 11, he'll do what he did since Inzaghi got his form back, play the last 15/10 minutes or the second halves when a results is needed.

I really hope we don't buy R10 and a world class striker, because Pato will have no place in the first 11 and will probably do a Gourcuff! Our management should go for a target striker like Drogba and play the 4-4-2 diamond formation again with Pato, but since they choose to put their faith in Calro for the next season, I think we'll have to wait for 2 years (when Carlo's contract ends) to see Pato as the first choice starter at Milan.

or the easy way is that carlo relizes that 3 DM theory is useless and we star playing with some sort of 2 DMs and 2 AMs (R10 and Kaka) and 2 stikers as the game progresses we bring the 3rd DM if we are winning
morgoth
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 26 2008, 11:26 PM)
or the easy way is that carlo relizes that 3 DM theory is useless and we star playing with some sort of 2 DMs and 2 AMs (R10 and Kaka) and 2 stikers as the game progresses we bring the 3rd DM if we are winning

I don't think a 2 striker and 2 attacking midfielders is an option after Brazil's last world cup, especially R10 and Kaka biggrin.gif

In fact, the best thing is to buy a striker instead of R10, that would be great but it won't happen dry.gif
whoarethepatriots
Everyone bashes Carlo's 3 DM policy but he dosent actually use 3 DM. Ambrosini and gattuso yes, but not Pirlo. Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker akin to an NFL quaterback. He isnt a true DM per se, which makes it more important for us to have an alternative to him. Cigarini is as close as anyone will ever be able to get to him
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 27 2008, 02:06 AM)
Everyone bashes Carlo's 3 DM policy but he dosent actually use 3 DM. Ambrosini and gattuso yes, but not Pirlo. Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker akin to an NFL quaterback. He isnt a true DM per se, which makes it more important for us to have an alternative to him.

I agree. But when we say Carletto uses 3 DM's we don't count Pirlo. We count Seedorf: Doesn't Move!
whoarethepatriots
laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ May 27 2008, 04:12 AM)
I agree. But when we say Carletto uses 3 DM's we don't count Pirlo. We count Seedorf: Doesn't Move!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Plus, we have someone called Brocchi who moves too much!
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ May 27 2008, 12:12 AM)

laugh.gif Nice one.

When people use the term 3 DM's I think they mean the position of the players on the field and not their natural position. For example Brocchi's natural position is Attacking midfielder (not a Kaka like, but still) but he always plays as a defensive one and the same goes for Pirlo.
Habitant
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 26 2008, 11:06 PM)
Everyone bashes Carlo's 3 DM policy but he dosent actually use 3 DM. Ambrosini and gattuso yes, but not Pirlo. Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker akin to an NFL quaterback. He isnt a true DM per se, which makes it more important for us to have an alternative to him. Cigarini is as close as anyone will ever be able to get to him

yes i agree pirlo isnt a Dm.

but the problem is in order to score goals you need a certain amount of players(besides the strikers and AM) up field in and around the box that are capable of scoring. every so often i see brocchi or ambrosini venturing forward because we need a goal, but are they likely to score, beat a defender or set up a teammate? (ambro does it once in a blue moon).

i think thats been one of main problems in the past 2 years. when you play ambro,pirlo and gattuso in the midfield that leaves seedorf, kaka and the striker (whoever that might be) left around the final third. it makes it that much easier for defenses to neutralize our attack because they can commit a couple of defenders on each of our guys front. that in turn also makes life that much harder for a guy like pirlo, how can he make the killer pass when our dangerous players are marked off the pitch?

i watch a team like Man U (puke.gif i know i hate them but they just won the double so they must be doing something right). just about everyone in their midfield can jump in during the counterattacks or make a run in the box, even their fullbacks! it adds that much dimention to their attack. i watch milan lpay and theres only 2-3 guy that have to be watched and mission accomplished for opposing team.
acid911
The whole post above is deep fried in truth. king.gif

We don't have many people who can hit the net. Remember the games when Ronaldo played for us, it added a completely new dimension to our attack. He led the attack, as Maldini led the defense. smile.gif Napoli 5-2, anyone? Too bad KaPaRo lasted only one match. As of now.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2008, 08:40 PM)
^^ Me neither. But if we decide to keep him, I'll give him his last shot. Until the...patience! We need patience here! We're all talking like as if it was the last week of October not May.. biggrin.gif

The point with Boriello is that he's already been given chances to play at Milan on more then 1 occasion, I'm just personally opposed to the idea of getting him back.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2008, 10:00 PM)
If we do get a WC striker, then Paloschi wouldn't even have room to play in the coppa matches, send him out on loan let him express himself better, then when he has gotten his legs used to playing in Serie A bring him back. Paloschi is very determined and with the right guidance he could very well be one of the Azzurri's lead strikers in 2010. But atm, Milan isn't that club that he should be at to get the playing time that he needs, loan him out now, and bring him back when there is space in the squad for him.

You know, I once wrote a letter to Fininvest and never got a reply. So I don't have any clue of what they are spending on. But off the top of my head, post-calciopoli era Milan's game tickets were selling at fairly low. Also, there was the upgrades that were done at San Siro so the fans could attend European venues, there also is increased wages for certain players, etc .. And the list could go on and on .. If ever you get a chance at School, check out a balance sheet (usually accounting classes teach you how to read them smile.gif ); it shows you exactly what expenditure or cost is on them and how much in revenues, profit, etc .. It gives you a basic insight on what assets the company has available against liabilities on the company.

So in that sense, I see it as pointless to talk about how much the club had spent and how much it would spend, when you don't even have the basic material, (let alone cash flow statements and what not), you need to analyze. So I choose not to go there

Yes I do believe, a new strategy for the attack will be implemented to fit in Ronaldinho, WC striker, along with the rest .. But, there are noises from Via Turati stating that Kaka' would be slotted as an SS next season. So I guess, Ancelotti is restructuring the attack, with Ronaldinho taking up the AM slot, probably alternate .. But, yes Ronaldinho could very well be one of the strikers, and if so ? I don't see the problem in that .. I mean, do you honestly think (for the sake of the example) Shevcenko and Drogba will be two new strikers for Milan ? Where would that leave Pato ? and Borriello surely wouldn't get the chance to prove to us his worth, and Inzaghi I mean Ronaldo when he is back (IF he is back wink.gif ) ... Personally, I would be all for it, bring in two world class strikers, but then again, logically, one of Pato or Borriello will barely get time on the field.

Nah, Borriello isn't a replacement for Gilardino (between us, I don't think there is much to replace tongue.gif ) ... But yeah, a world class striker should arrive !! And whoever that striker might be, I'm looking forward  king.gif

I'm only saying that if the management do choose the bring back Boriello I personally would prefer us to not spend money on getting him back and instead keeping Paloschi. Yes I agree that if we do get a WC striker plus Pato and Pippo and maybe R9, then the issue you brought up (playing time) will be an issue, Boriello already said that he will not come back to warm the bench, so if we do get all our strikers back, plus the new WC striker and R9 and Pippo miraculously manage to stay fit for the season, I can only imagine Boriello wining about it, where as Paloschi would be a more for the tema kind of player. Yess he needs experiance and loaning him out might be a better idea, but I think having Paloschi as our fill-in striker (because that's what Boriello would be let's be honest here) would be better for the team in terms of someone whining for playing time.

Even so with all that went out, in terms of wages, upgrades for San Siro and ticket sales going down plus being cheaper, I still don't understand how we could be in the read, if you count sponsorship deals, winning the CL and selling Sheva, plus not really spending any money on transfers (aside from Pato) it really shouldn't add up to being in the red. But then again you are right and you have to look at the incoming and losses being drawn up on paper to know what is going on, so I'm not really going to get into it since I clearly don't have those.

Exactly, I personally belive that if R10 comes, he will be 1 of the 2 strikers, now as for the other one that could be anyone from Drogba to Vieri to Boriello. We don't really know, a lot of names have been thrown around. Now as to how Carlo decides to use the players that he gets is not an issue. But I do belive that R10 is our best option, he can play as a sub for Kaka (rotating them when the schedule gets heavy) he can play in the xmas tree formation and keep alternating with Kaka or Seedorf or be a SS striker for anyone of the strikers that we have (I personally believe that Pato can play with any type of formation Carlo chooses because he is so versatile so I don't think that he will have a problem if R10 comes. As for Ronaldo, we haven't gotten any info on him in terms of his contract so I don't think we should hold our breaths. Basically I believe that the 2 strikers could be these: Sheva/R10/Eto'o AND Boriello/Drogba/Sheva

I'm looking forward to it as much as you are biggrin.gif . When Pippo and R9 were injured and Pato wasn't allowed to play yet, Gila was our only striker, so imo, whether he was scoring goals or not we still need someone to fall back on if that should ever happen again
Jack Sparrow
Well even R7 agrees Borriello is nothing in Genoa compared to what Gila was in Parma. And R7's feelings about Gila are about as private as the Paris Hilton sex tape.

And Pato is getting the exact same treatment Kaka got in his first season, when Rui was around. So I'm not worried much. R7 and I discussed this over an amazing shesha pipe. Pato was only allowed to do whatever he wanted in his first match. Since then he's been reined in, and fit to the team. So Carlo is not doing a Gourcuff...he's doing a Kaka. And that worked out not so bad.

As for the money you can't say...MilanLab..the entire club infrastructure it's all expensive. And we're not really getting a huge amount from the sponsors. I don't think the club can bluff about this. Coz to do so would be plain illegal...not just unethical.

Well Kaka is being played as a SS....so this mean R10 will be trequartista. So we're playing from the sound of things a 4-2-2-2. The advantage of having someone like Kaka as a SS is that, we could now have as our primary striker....

1. Either a strong target man like Drogba/Berbatov
2. A fast mobile striker like Eto'o/Pato
3. An out and out goal poacher like Inzaghi and uhm....Inzaghi(though I soon hope Paloschi too)

Kaka mixes with everything except driving. *sorry...PJ..please ignore*

Btw...I hear Nasri to Arsenal is almost done. 12 mill pounds is the deal.

P.S: I'm not gonna color code my comments. That's for Maltese school boys who can't get a girlfriend and Arab princes who've got too many.
Fillipo Simone
IMO Gilardino has a week personality and he's...just wrong. But it would be a grave error to take his example as a paradigmatic one. Borriello is a totally different story.

You know what we have to do? We have to get into the role of our board! We have to try understand their logic (even their week sides). We just cannot expect that in 2008, opposed to 2007 or 2006 we'll do 10 big transfers. But we need to. So if Borriello is a solution that gives us more open space for Dinho negotiations or let's say Drogba negotiations I won't be opposed. If it ends up only with Flamini and Bori and no cream, we'll all expect resignations. Till then...I'm fine with Marco as a additional rotation player. We won't sign a world class GK, CB, AM and SS/F. It isn't realistic. We have to sacrifice some position...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.