Closed TopicStart new topic
> [EN] Premier League 10/11

MizNelson
post Oct 6 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #271

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

I'd say he's close to indefensible at this point considering this is his second such incident in less than one year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 6 2010, 03:25 AM
Post #272

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 5 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Funny, we must've watched a different game then. Sure looked like a scissors challenge to me. I can't believe you're even trying to defend this, Kurt.

Then clearly we were watching a different game, I'm leaving it there.

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 5 2010, 09:32 PM) *
No, I'd call that blindly defending your own team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Really? I've said all but 2 of the refs were awful. The 2 refs I didn't say were awful had the games end Villa 1-1 Bolton and Spurs 2-1 Villa. Think you're a little off the mark here, Locke.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Oct 6 2010, 03:29 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 6 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #273

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Oct 6 2010, 04:48 AM) *
I'd say he's close to indefensible at this point considering this is his second such incident in less than one year.

2nd? beside that infamous kung fu kick, he's apparently broken 2 legs in 2010 so far... I'm sure there are plenty of other rough challenges as well, like the one elcordobez posted.

He has to change his style or the psychological effect of all the blame and criticism will get to him sooner or later and ruin his career. he wasn't dropped from the NT for no reason...

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 5 2010, 07:24 PM) *
If that was Pirlo I'd want De Jong to be behind bars....but I did see the 'kick' and it was more of an outstretched leg from the leap and not really an intentional boot to the chest. If it had been, Alonso would be on the ground spitting blood.

Does it matter if he does these things intentionally? I'm not sure if he does tbh. he's rough by nature. I invite to carefully watch that kung fu kick once again and pay more attention to Xabi's back this time (second 7). I think you'll see how outrageous that kick was!

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Oct 6 2010, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 8 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #274

Prima Squadra

ALEXANDER Hleb is on a collision course with ­Birmingham boss Alex McLeish after claiming his move to the Midlands was a step backwards.

And the Belarus ­international risked ­angering his new manager even further by attacking his long-ball approach.

Hleb completed a shock loan move to St Andrew’s from Barcelona just before the summer transfer ­window slammed shut.

His capture was heralded as a major coup by McLeish, given the midfielder’s ­proven European pedigree.

But the former Arsenal star could have some ­explaining to do when he ­returns from international duty after admitting life in Birmingham has come as a massive culture shock.

Hleb, who is preparing for Euro 2012 qualifiers against Luxembourg and Albania, said: “I’m not quite happy with the level of the team, but such things do happen. It’s just life.

“I did tell the papers that Birmingham is not exactly Barcelona or Arsenal.

In the recent Birmingham games there was a lot of struggle – they were ­constantly hoofing the long ball forward.” The 29-year-old ­excelled under Arsene Wenger’s attractive style, with his displays enhancing his reputation as one of the ­continent’s most potent ­attacking midfielders, ­bagging him a dream move to the Nou Camp.

But despite the Catalans’ offensive approach, Hleb flopped in Spain and boss Pep Guardiola sent him out on loan to Stuttgart – the club where he first made his name – at the back end of last season.

But Hleb admits he longs to play sexy football again,­ ­saying: “Naturally I miss the ­combinational and creative football by Arsenal and ­Barca, but that was my own choice.

“The Birmingham style is not the kind of game I dreamed about.

“It is good that now I have a lot of time on the pitch, but I want to play football of a ­different kind.”

However, Hleb insists he is 100 per cent committed to the St Andrew’s cause and ­insists he is willing to drop his footballing principles to make a go of it.

He said: “Birmingham is more a team of fighters, but now I need to get used to their manner of playing.

“But as a whole everything suits me now – a good ­manager and fine relations with my team-mates.”

This is why everything about the club is retarded. Are people at this club honestly offended that he thinks they're a step backwards from Arsenal and Barcelona?

Why would you sign Hleb if you're never going to use him? He's probably the 2nd best playe rin the clubs entire history and they're not playing to his strengths? Stupidity +1.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 8 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #275

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

He should have never left Arsenal in the first place. That was his mistake.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 8 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #276

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

I remember all these twats who left, flopped and are now churning out mediocre careers at mediocre clubs, and I freely admit to a healthy portion of Schadenfruede... the best one had to be Aliadiere leaving for Middlesbrough, claiming he went from a club on its way down to join a club on it's way up... well, a CL semi-final for us and relegation for him didn't exactly prove him right.

@Kurt, who is their best ever player then? Just curious.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 8 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #277

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 8 2010, 02:39 PM) *
@Kurt, who is their best ever player then? Just curious.

Trevor Francis.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 11 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #278

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Alan Curbishley!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 11 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #279

Prima Squadra

He was pretty good for them, then crossed the city to join a team that became English and European Champions in his short stay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Oct 13 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #280

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

I had a peak @ the Liverpool saga and...

10.42am: JUDGE RULES MANDATORY INJUNCTION WANTED BY RBS AGAINST OWNERS IS GRANTED: SALE CAN GO AHEAD

10.49am: Mr Justice Floyd: "The owners do not have an absolute right to veto a sale."

10.50am: The injunction means the board is reconstituted with Purslow and Ayre back in place and Broughton allowed to see through the sale, reports Sachin Nakrani

LINK

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Oct 13 2010, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 13 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #281

Group Icon

W00t. Liverpool gets new owners..and Hodgson gets a chance again. Now let's see if they can knock United off their perch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 13 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #282

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Nice!Did I tell you that I'm a liverpool fan also (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) .Most people will hate me for it,I feel this is an anti-liverpool forum.

This post has been edited by William405: Oct 13 2010, 01:24 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 13 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #283

Group Icon

Istanbul is not easily forgotten. Despite Athens! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 13 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #284

Prima Squadra

Great, so a completely mismanaged club who spent themselves into stupid debt won't be punished, there is a God. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

What a joke.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Oct 13 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #285

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 13 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Great, so a completely mismanaged club who spent themselves into stupid debt won't be punished, there is a God. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

What a joke.

Would this have happened if they weren't a top 4(6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) side? I doubt it very much...

On a different note and not related to the EPL but has anyone seen Chris Maguire's wonder goal for Scotland under 21 v Iceland? If not here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MRa8BbeAuo...feature=related

+Quote Post

139 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:15 PM