Portman
post Apr 8 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Gattuso wins for Ronaldinho 

Sunday 8 April, 2007 ::: channel4.com

Gennaro Gattuso wore the captain’s armband against Empoli and explains just how crucial that victory was for Milan - and Ronaldinho.

“It was tough. We knew that someone had to make a sacrifice for the side and this time it was me,” he said after the 3-1 win.

That result propelled the Rossoneri into fifth place, just one point shy of Palermo, although the Sicilians have played an extra game.

“We are not making calculations. We know full well how important it is for the club and for us to reach the Champions League next season. That is an imperative to bring in some star names and keep hold of the ones we have.”

The reference is most likely aimed at Ronaldinho, who has repeatedly been named as Milan’s main transfer target for this summer.

Carlo Ancelotti rested several players for this Empoli game ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final with Bayern Munich.

“It’s tiring to play three matches in one week, but the important thing was to win. Fourth place is everything for us.”

With Paolo Maldini in the stands, Gattuso wore the captain’s armband and he put in a Man of the Match performance.

“I didn’t even feel the armband, because this is the only way I know how to play. My main strength is determination – I always give everything I’ve got.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 8 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

It seems like 4th place will not be guaranteed until the very last giornata so I hope R20 decides to pledge his future to Barcelona earlier than that! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 8 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 8 2007, 12:20 PM)
It seems like 4th place will not be guaranteed until the very last giornata so I hope R20 decides to pledge his future to Barcelona earlier than that!  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

There are 28 points left to play for with the only tough game being the one against Fiorentina, but that's in the San Siro, And Palermo are slipping fast and Empoli bound to lose more points.

I think we'll secure 4th before then and maybe third, since Lazio still have some tough matches left to play

This post has been edited by han2503: Apr 8 2007, 01:43 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 8 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Anyway, I just hope we don't sign R20 (but we do sign some great players, not hesitate in order to get him next season)!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 8 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Didn't R10's brother say something about Ronadlnho declaring where he will be next season in a week or two ?!

Well hasn't it been 2 weeks yet ??

In any case, if I was to choose, I wouldn't go for anyone but R10. I mean he is a complete player; he can play at the flanks, in Kaka's position, and as a support striker .. Above all, he has immense qualities.

+Quote Post

misha
post Apr 8 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 8 2007, 03:59 PM)
In any case, if I was to choose, I wouldn't go for anyone but R10. I mean he is a complete player; he can play at the flanks, in Kaka's position, and as a support striker .. Above all, he has immense qualities.

Yeah, it's hard to say 'no' to player like him.

BTW if he comes = more Milan broadcasts around the world

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Apr 8 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

yaa.... i read this article last night. i dont see how gattuso is making any ref. about R10 coming.... all he's saying is that iut's important to make CL, obviously theres many reasons: money, keep key players (kaka), MILANISTA PRIDE and summer signings (not necessarily R10).

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 8 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 8 2007, 01:50 PM)
(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Anyway, I just hope we don't sign R20 (but we do sign some great players, not hesitate in order to get him next season)!

2 options:

-100M for Ronaldinho + 1 or 2 freebies...
-25M for: a foward (Caracciolo style), a midfielder (Vogel) and a 33 yo defender.

I understand you and many other Milan fans think "100M? OH! With that we can buy Sneijder, Klose and Barzagli. Maybe Torres too."

But Berlusconi stated more than once that the only play he would spend such zillions is Ronaldinho. If we don't get him... I doubt we spend more than 20-25M Galliani style this Summer.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 8 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Sad, but Porto is right

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Apr 8 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 8 2007, 11:37 AM)
Sad, but Porto is right

true but if we continue like this, that is not signing enough players and oldies we wont have a team to play with because everyones going to be retired and in old folks homes.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 8 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 8 2007, 04:25 PM)
2 options:

-100M for Ronaldinho + 1 or 2 freebies...
-25M for: a foward (Caracciolo style), a midfielder (Vogel) and a 33 yo defender.

I understand you and many other Milan fans think "100M? OH! With that we can buy Sneijder, Klose and Barzagli. Maybe Torres too."

But Berlusconi stated more than once that the only play he would spend such zillions is Ronaldinho. If we don't get him... I doubt we spend more than 20-25M Galliani style this Summer.

Buffon has publicly stated that he misses CL and wants to play in the CL next season, with Don Silvio being an admirer of Buffon don't be surprised if we get fourth or even third of Don Silvio splashing the cash (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) First of all though carlo must go - while carlo's in charge no money will be spent.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 8 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Berlusconi wants many things. He'd love to f@ck Aida Yespica but the truth is, he can't get it up anymore. I don't want always what Berlusconi wants. I may like Yespica but not R20 too!

In fact I'd rather have the Galliani transfers instead of R20! I don't want his buck teeth or his commercials in Milan plus this town is far too fashion-addicted for his Nike bandeaus!! He can twist them round playing for Barcelona and Brazil but I wouldn't like to see him go to Milanello only whenever he feels like it. And yeah Berlusconi said he wouldn't allow that but your b!tch has so many contracts to follow he don't get the time to got pee... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

He's not worth half that money in my opinion and he would come alone. That means he can't cover up for our shitty and slow defence and midfield. Or are we going to win every game 4-3!?? Do not only look at the team now, in 2 years' time we're gonna need 3 brand new midfielders and 2 new full-backs... do you wanna live the season we're going through at the moment again?? I'm absolutely sure you don't!

And Berlusconi never said he wouldn't spend E60m to reinforce Milan!

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 8 2007, 07:11 PM)
while carlo's in charge no money will be spent.

Well I'm not the biggest Ancelotti admirer but then again where does this come from?? Do we know which players Carlo wants? You think they'd let him speak in public about that? Or did he want to spend E20m on Oliveira? I doubt he ever had watched him play before! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

PS My Dreamcast has been on fire lately! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 8 2007, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 8 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Geez I_Ross...you do know that it's not Carlo who does the transfers right?

For the 1801920192323 millionth time, he's coach NOT manager. He has to play with what he's been given.

When he asked for a DMF, Milan made a feint for Diarra and got him Brocchi.When he wanted a striker, Milan got him Rico, coz we had to kiss @$$ with Assiss( I know of no other explanation). When Carlo made his displeasure known, the only way he could, by not playing him, he finally got R9 about 4 months later than when he wanted.

You want to fault Carlo, fault his substitutions, as much as I like Carletto, you will have a point there, he's made too many subs that haven't worked. But don't fault his transfer policy, coz that's not his.

Again, the quote from Galliani, ' The transfers happen only if the chosen player is well-received by the coach and the players and everyone on the team'

Now what part of that statement makes u think that Carlo is in charge here.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Apr 8 2007, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Apr 8 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

When the Don wants a manager out he doesn't give him financial backing, he's done it before. But when we get a new manager the Don gives him a helping hand. That is why I reckon that either calo will be gone(my dream (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) and we will spend or carlo will stay with some Galliani freebies(my nightmare (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) )

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 8 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #15

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 8 2007, 06:20 PM)
And Berlusconi never said he wouldn't spend E60m to reinforce Milan!

And do you believe in that?

Like I_Ross said, maybe if we had a new coach... but even with that, no coach would say no to Ronaldinho. Not even Mourinho.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:59 PM