> [NT] National Team competitions, Euro qualifying, friendlies, etc

X-Offender
post May 31 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #2551

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 31 2016, 09:00 PM) *
It's not just a bias towards Juventus players. Sassuolo got also neglected.

But I think the point of Conte's callups (not picking Pirlo, leaving out Bona etc.) is that he's trying to form a team. That's what he's been doing since Bari, picking not always the best or most talented players, but molding a unit.

In that case, having Bona or not wouldn't make any difference (and would explain callups like Sirigu or Giaccherini). Perhaps he succeeded? I'm willing to give him a chance to prove his plan and vision for the squad.

That being said, Romagnoli, Abate, hell even Monto, Bona, Berardi and a few others surely would strengthen the team.

They're sh*t, simple as. Even if they win the goddamn tournament, they'll win it as a sh*t team.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 31 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #2552

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

You're beginning to sound awfully aggressive and unnecessarily excessive in your use of language. But I get that the situation with Milan and Italy can be frustrating, sadly.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 31 2016, 10:05 PM
Post #2553

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 31 2016, 09:58 PM) *
You're beginning to sound awfully aggressive and unnecessarily excessive in your use of language. But I get that the situation with Milan and Italy can be frustrating, sadly.

Yeah, I guess so. Too much sh*t to handle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 1 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #2554

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I swear han hates any footballer who's physically gifted. I'm not surprised he hates Parolo, Candreva and Zaza. I think the most criminal thing about the squad is Motta in the #10 shirt.

The Juve bias is really bad, though. I can understand taking Ogbonna as he's been very good this season. But Sturaro, Zaza, Giaccherini make no sense. Has Sturaro even played for the NT? His wiki page says not. He's decent and all, but it's madness to take someone that's yet to even play in a friendly.

The England squad is about as good as it can be. Rashford going is a bit odd, but I suppose he's had a very good half season and scored a clinical goal on his England debut.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 1 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #2555

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

About the England squad, I don't understand the Wilshere pick. Why not Drinkwater for example?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 1 2016, 12:52 PM
Post #2556

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 1 2016, 01:39 PM) *
About the England squad, I don't understand the Wilshere pick. Why not Drinkwater for example?

3 reasons:
*Wilshire is better than Drinkwater
*Wilshire was very good in qualifying, Drinkwater didn't feature
*Drinkwater struggled in both friendlies so far.

Only change I'd have likely made is Townsend in for Rashford. We don't have much width and as an impact player he's pretty good.

People here are jumping on the Drinkwater bandwagon without really watching him. He's a very average player. Just a piece that happened to fit in the Leicester machine. Albrighton was far better, but hasn't got a single mention. I guess who isn't the whole hipster "doesn't get involved 'tidy" player.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 1 2016, 02:24 PM
Post #2557

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2016, 04:52 PM) *
3 reasons:
*Wilshire is better than Drinkwater
*Wilshire was very good in qualifying, Drinkwater didn't feature
*Drinkwater struggled in both friendlies so far.

Only change I'd have likely made is Townsend in for Rashford. We don't have much width and as an impact player he's pretty good.

People here are jumping on the Drinkwater bandwagon without really watching him. He's a very average player. Just a piece that happened to fit in the Leicester machine. Albrighton was far better, but hasn't got a single mention. I guess who isn't the whole hipster "doesn't get involved 'tidy" player.

Would not be surprised if Wilshire gets injured in this tournament though...touch wood he does'nt though.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 1 2016, 02:30 PM
Post #2558

Primavera
Group Icon

Yes, it's typical of Han. He hated Ambrosini all along, he's doing it again with Motta, even though Blanc and Conte seem to think differently. His only deference was Flamini (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 1 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #2559

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jun 1 2016, 03:24 PM) *
Would not be surprised if Wilshire gets injured in this tournament though...touch wood he does'nt though.

Fortunately we have a lot of options in midfield, for a change.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 1 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #2560

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2016, 07:30 PM) *
Fortunately we have a lot of options in midfield, for a change.

We do , but we need some players with flair that can make something happen in midfield , players like Henderson, Milner and co i can't see that happening its just going to be boring midfield. and otherwise apart from Kane who can fashion out chances on his own our attack is nullified.

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Jun 1 2016, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 2 2016, 03:09 AM
Post #2561

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jun 1 2016, 09:20 PM) *
We do , but we need some players with flair that can make something happen in midfield , players like Henderson, Milner and co i can't see that happening its just going to be boring midfield. and otherwise apart from Kane who can fashion out chances on his own our attack is nullified.

I actually think our attack is really dangerous. Rooney can make things happen still - his play for United's equaliser in the Cup final was ridiculous. Sturridge has a habit of making something from nothing. Kane is our best all round striker, then you have Vardy who will get in behind. Rashford is a bit of a wildcard.

Henderson, Dier, Milner I agree are very workmanlike type players. But then Alli, Barkley and Lallana have a bit more technical quality about them. I don't really see where Sterling fits in this team.

A bit off topic, but if Kosovo and Gibraltar are going to be in WC 2018 qualifying and the groups have already been drawn, what happens? Do they just get thrown in to one of the smaller groups? I read that Ukraine, Bosnia, Greece and Cyprus do not recognise Kosovo as a nation, so that could be problematic.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 2 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #2562

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 31 2016, 09:00 PM) *
It's not just a bias towards Juventus players. Sassuolo got also neglected.

But I think the point of Conte's callups (not picking Pirlo, leaving out Bona etc.) is that he's trying to form a team. That's what he's been doing since Bari, picking not always the best or most talented players, but molding a unit.

In that case, having Bona or not wouldn't make any difference (and would explain callups like Sirigu or Giaccherini). Perhaps he succeeded? I'm willing to give him a chance to prove his plan and vision for the squad.

That being said, Romagnoli, Abate, hell even Monto, Bona, Berardi and a few others surely would strengthen the team.

My point, he was biased towards the Juve players when he should have been looking at other teams as well, case in point Sassuolo and a couple of our players as well deserve to be in there more than others who are from Juve or have a Juve background like Giaccherini for example, no way he should be in there ahead of Bona who was one of the best players in the league statistically.

Also, I think Pirlo and Conte talked and I really think it was Pirlo's decision not to tag along not Conte's. I think Conte would donate his left nut atm to have someone with Pirlo's qualities in that midfield

As for the building a team theory, I don't buy it, considering he already has a foot out the door and is already eyeing his next cushy job. He just let his past attachments influence his decision imo

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2016, 12:38 PM) *
I swear han hates any footballer who's physically gifted. I'm not surprised he hates Parolo, Candreva and Zaza. I think the most criminal thing about the squad is Motta in the #10 shirt.

The Juve bias is really bad, though. I can understand taking Ogbonna as he's been very good this season. But Sturaro, Zaza, Giaccherini make no sense. Has Sturaro even played for the NT? His wiki page says not. He's decent and all, but it's madness to take someone that's yet to even play in a friendly.

The England squad is about as good as it can be. Rashford going is a bit odd, but I suppose he's had a very good half season and scored a clinical goal on his England debut.

Their physicality has nothing to do with it, I just hate dud players who basically manage to scrape through simply by looking like busy bees all the time when they're basically not doing anything of help to the team. Parolo imo is one of those. Motto is just awful, simply cannot stand him. He's so average and lazy I just cannot take watching him in the Azzurri shirt.

Also, I get that it was always going to be a more Juve-leaning side, they are the champions after all and the best team in the league by a distance plus have a strong Italian core, but the team should have been picked based on personal merit as well and not just simply based on how good the team you play for is

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2016, 02:30 PM) *
Yes, it's typical of Han. He hated Ambrosini all along, he's doing it again with Motta, even though Blanc and Conte seem to think differently. His only deference was Flamini (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Never hated Ambro, just rated Rino higher, and was always a person who advocated for a single DM in the midfield and not 2

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jun 3 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #2563

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 2 2016, 05:09 AM) *
A bit off topic, but if Kosovo and Gibraltar are going to be in WC 2018 qualifying and the groups have already been drawn, what happens? Do they just get thrown in to one of the smaller groups? I read that Ukraine, Bosnia, Greece and Cyprus do not recognise Kosovo as a nation, so that could be problematic.

Yes. They are trying to find the best fitting group for Kosova since some of the countries in the last 2 groups dont recognize its independence. A decision will be taken on 9 or 10 June.

I think that even though politics didnt recognize Kosova they will still agree to play vs us because the same thing has happened in other sports too, for example Kosova won gold medal in Russia this year in judo. We were allowed to be represented with our flag and our anthem.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 6 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #2564

Primavera
Group Icon

Haha, Ukraine doesn't recognize Kosovo. Make me laugh out loud.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 6 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #2565

Prima Squadra

I can't wait until Friday! It's that final 5 days where England fans believe we might actually not be totally crap, until we're devastated by some mediocre team.

+Quote Post

175 Pages V  « < 169 170 171 172 173 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:10 AM