> Summer Transfers 2014

Jack Bauer
post Sep 1 2014, 09:58 PM
Post #2251

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2014, 11:15 PM) *
Btw, Zaccardo has a contract until 2016 (!!!!) so this is another spit in the face for anyone who believed or tried to advocate for the supposed 1 year only contracts for 30+ year old players.

Our "strategies" only apply when Galliani wants them to

Even better, till 2017: http://www.football-italia.net/29886/milan...rdo-mesbah-swap #GrandeGalliani
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 1 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #2252

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2014, 10:09 PM) *
We should take Guarin off their hands if they don't want him, I personally like him, he's a slightly dumber Boateng but he's audacious and a machine in midfield. Try to offer them Muntari back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah, wish we'd have made an attempt at him too.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 1 2014, 10:02 PM
Post #2253

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

According to Milan Channel, we spent 17.7 million euros on 11 players; 8.45 million on new players and 9.25 on existing players (i.e. buying the second half of their rights). I include Rami in existing players calculation although technically he's a new signing so should be on new players calculation.

On the other hand, we received 35.1 million euros from selling our players.

I guess that's a 17.4 million net inflow.

This post has been edited by amancik: Sep 1 2014, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #2254

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 1 2014, 10:02 PM) *
According to Milan Channel, we spent 17.7 million euros on 11 players; 8.45 million on new players and 9.25 on existing players (i.e. buying the second half of their rights).

On the other hand, we received 35.1 million euros from selling our players.

I guess that's a 17.4 million net inflow.

I really cannot see how it climbed to 17.7m

We spent 11.75m on outright buys: Rami (4.75) and Bonaventura (7m)

The only co-owns that we resolved in our favour (meaning we bought the other half of the player's contract) were Sapo, Poli and Albertazzi. Only Poli's was slightly high around 3.5m if I remember correctly. The rest were all under a million.

I think we spent even less than that.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 1 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #2255

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

Oh you can find the numbers in the twitter page here. They post the numbers.

https://twitter.com/Milanello

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #2256

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 12:07 AM) *

The only co-owns that we resolved in our favour (meaning we bought the other half of the player's contract) were Sapo, Poli and Albertazzi. Only Poli's was slightly high around 3.5m if I remember correctly. The rest were all under a million.

I don't know but surely they know better then you do han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #2257

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2014, 10:13 PM) *
I don't know but surely they know better then you do han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Milan Channel? They probably don't ...

I guess for the improvements we've made on last season's squad (which is substantial imo), the fact that we made a pretty big profit in the transfer market is admirable.

Still this squad will probably mean that we'll still be out of the CL places, which will mean another barren summer of free agents and loans

So on one hand it's good business, but footballing wise, to succeed you have to spend, and I don't think we did enough to end the season in the top 3, we needed to spend that profit on a top quality CM to do that imo

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 1 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #2258

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

So...

OUT

Amelia
Robinho
Birsa
Constant
Kaká
Cristante
Emanuelson
Coppola
Balotelli
Matri
Nocerino
Gabriel
Dídac Vilà

IN

Agazzi
Diego Lopez
Menez
Torres
Albertazzi
Armero
Alex
Bonaventura
Van Ginkel

I gotta say, it's not a bad signing campaign. We got rid of a lot of deadweight, and managed to sign decent albeit not flashy signings. We're definitely stronger than last season, but not enough to compete for the 3rd spot. Still, Pippo might surprise us.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 1 2014, 10:55 PM
Post #2259

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Also, about Cristante's sale, I'm not too bothered. I could be wrong, but I don't think he has what it takes to turn into a quality player.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2014, 11:42 PM
Post #2260

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 1 2014, 10:55 PM) *
Also, about Cristante's sale, I'm not too bothered. I could be wrong, but I don't think he has what it takes to turn into a quality player.

Agreed

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 1 2014, 11:58 PM
Post #2261

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Milan sold Cristante for €6. PSG bought Veratti for €12. I don't know how we received such a fee for a player that pretty much has done nothing on the professional level, but I'm not all too upset about it.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 2 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #2262

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Kinda funny how those screaming about the absence of a youth project 'aren't too bothered' about us selling one of the few half decent youth players we had!

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 2 2014, 01:27 AM
Post #2263

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2014, 06:07 PM) *

(IMG:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwecOd9IYAAUkFc.jpg)

(IMG:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwecOheIIAAbWE1.jpg)

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 1 2014, 06:09 PM) *
Oh you can find the numbers in the twitter page here. They post the numbers.

https://twitter.com/Milanello

+1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 2 2014, 02:15 AM
Post #2264

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Overall I think we had a really good transfer window; all things considered.

That being said, I (along with many of you) would've liked some things to be done differently if given the chance.

GOOD
Out: Amelia, Robinho, Birsa, Constant, Kaká, Emanuelson, Coppola, Matri, Nocerino, Gabriel, Dídac Vilà
In: Diego Lopez, Menez, Torres, Armero, Alex, Bonaventura, Van Ginkel

Note however....
Robinho (only a loan), Birsa (only a loan), Matri (only a loan), Nocerino (only a loan)

These are possibly problems we will have to face again in the future, unless they have a good loan spell and decide to part ways easily (hopefully this is the case)

Van Ginkel is a decent loan deal, given that we lacked quality in the midfield. However, the fact that we were willing to give up on Cristante so easily and acquire one of Chelsea's instead is a bit worrying. Van Ginkel may be better, and more equipped to play right away, but we gave up to quickly on one of our few great (if not the best) prospects for the future.

(They are however many angles to look at it from so I'll leave it at that)

Torres I'm sure has many us leaning more towards the side of pessimism, rather than being hopeful, and who can blame us, the guy has demonstrated for a series of consecutive years what the meaning of 'washed up' looks like.
I for one was not rooting for the transfer, but if we can get anything at all out of it, it just might make sense (and hopefully can turn into something special *fingers crossed*)

I should have probably created a neutral section, but I choose to leave Torres in the 'GOOD' section, because I want to remain optimistic and this is just my take on things, so...

BAD
In: Agazzi, Albertazzi
Out: Cristante, Balotelli

Aggazi is a sh!t keeper anyway you look at it. If we wanted to have an untrustworthy keeper we already had Gabriel
Anyway, at least he is only 3rd string. Albertazzi seems as a need less acquisition to me (however, he is relatively cheap to afford us some 'depth' I guess).. Bottom line is we could have done better than him, but it a non issue atm.

Cristante may have asked to been sold, but this is just bad for business if you ask me. Here we are preaching a youth project loud and strong, only to sell arguably our most capable youth at the moment, and likely our most promising (bar maybe Mastour). The right decision would have been to either convince him to stay or convince him to go on loan (its the last day of the market, it wouldn't have been that hard to keep him)

Trying to understand it from all angles I guess Pippo didn't have much faith in him, as I believe han pointed out, yesterday when time for Muntari to come off Essien was the one to take to the pitch. That in itself speaks volumes, and let's not kid ourselves, Pippo knew Cristante very well having coached him already and whatnot, if he had much faith in the kid's qualities he could've spoken against the transfer (I take it that did not take place, as he is now gone)

By acquiring Bonaventura however we have improved (at the very least in the short term). It's quite possible Cristante can develop into something better in the future, but as things stand with this departure & arrival, we are now stronger.

Many of you might argue that Balotelli's departure was necessary and a good move by management to part ways.
Time will tell if this was the case. One thing remains certain in my mind (and I've said this countless times before), we rushed his sale, and if we truly thought it to be necessary in order to get some funds then fine, but not for a pittance of £16 (in this market). We largely undersold our most valuable asset at the time. Again if I had a neutral section (together with the Torres transfer I would've though about placing it in there, but I am more against this sale than I was for it, so 'BAD' business for me!)

This rant seems to be sufficiently long enough to bore people, while confusing them with my disjointed style of writing, so I'll end here!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

FORZA MILAN (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 2 2014, 03:05 AM
Post #2265

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Monster post, indeed, Trini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

154 Pages V  « < 149 150 151 152 153 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:33 AM