17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 2010/11 World transfer thread, All non-Milan related transfer discussion in here...

Jack Sparrow
post May 19 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

OFFICIAL: Barcelona Sign David Villa From Valencia

Reigning Spanish champions Barcelona have completed the transfer of prolific hitman David Villa from fellow La Liga outfit Valencia for a fee of €40 million, according to the Catalan club's official website.

The striker will sign a four-year deal at his new club, with an option for a fifth, upon the successful completion of a medical on Friday morning.

Long Time Coming

The Spanish international was continually being linked with a move away from Valencia in the past couple of weeks and a transfer only appeared to be a matter of time when Barcelona president Joan Laporta confirmed earlier this week that negotiations between Barcelona and Valencia were ongoing.

Both parties have now reached an agreement about the transfer of the highly rated attacker, as Valencia confirmed on their official website on Wednesday, and Villa will ply his trade at Barcelona next term.

Pedigree

Villa joined Valencia from Real Zaragoza in the summer of 2005 and has since developed into one of the best strikers around in the Primera Division. The 28-year-old has so far scored 109 league goals in 166 appearances.

Repercussions

The arrival of Villa could very well mean the end of Zlatan Ibrahimovic at the Catalan powerhouse. The former Inter star has failed to find his best form at Barcelona since joining the club last summer and has been linked with a move away from the Spanish champions more than once in the past couple of weeks.

On Form

Villa has been in superb form all season and currently sits sixth in the Castrol Rankings.

This season in La Liga Villa hit 21 goals in 31 starts and one substitute appearance. This, while being a far cry from his 28 in 33 the previous year, still renders him the fourth-highest goalscorer in Spain in 2009-10.

Furthermore Villa is a seasoned international, picking up 36 goals in 55 caps over the past five seasons. He is likely to overtake Raul as Spain's top goalscorer of all time in the coming years.

Thus much is expected of 'El Guaje' at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, where he is coach Vicente del Bosque's preferred option to lead the forward line.

Villa is due to arrive on Barcelona on Thursday evening. He will doubtless be exposed to the local media before resting in anticipation of his Friday morning medical. Should all be well at this test his presentation will take place at Camp Nou at 13:30 local time.

Source:goal.com

So here's the first big transfer of the summer. Non-Milan related.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

40mill sounds much for 28yr old.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 19 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

It makes me sick.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post May 19 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 19 2010, 10:55 AM) *
It makes me sick.

that signing alone doesn't make me sick, the fact they are now pursuing Fabregas is what's doing it for me

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 19 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Barca are like every footballer's favourite lay right now. Anyone would do anything to sign up. I actually think they've passed their apex and you're climbing on a train headed for a plateau.

But as a manager of an opposing team, if Barca throw serious money+players your way..and your own player is biting at the leash to be set free...there's not much you can do.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 19 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 19 2010, 05:32 PM) *
But as a manager of an opposing team, if Barca throw serious money+players your way..and your own player is biting at the leash to be set free...there's not much you can do.

Which isn't right at all, players have too much power in football. They sign a contract for their security then claim they're being treated like slaves when they don't get the move they want.

I hate to say it but the States are way in front of us on this. A free agent/trade market is the way to go, it gives more power to smaller teams and makes money far less relevant, even more so if you have a cap.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #7

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I don't think Barça need to sell Ibra. They could easily play with Messi and Villa on the wings and Ibra as centre forward.

Also, what's the point in signing Fabregas? They already have Xavi and Iniesta who are much better than him, unless they're opting for a Xavi-Fabregas-Iniesta midfield which would be suicide.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post May 19 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2010, 02:54 PM) *
I don't think Barça need to sell Ibra. They could easily play with Messi and Villa on the wings and Ibra as centre forward.

Also, what's the point in signing Fabregas? They already have Xavi and Iniesta who are much better than him, unless they're opting for a Xavi-Fabregas-Iniesta midfield which would be suicide.

that front 6 would be overkill on acid

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post May 19 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2010, 07:54 PM) *

Not in my opinion. They bought Villa to sell Ibra or to move him in the left ( wich I dont truly believe). They think Ibra is impotent in front of the goal (wich I dont agree). Pedro would be better than Ibro or Villa in the wing.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post May 19 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2010, 06:54 PM) *

No, Villa will be the centre striker and no way a winger for them. That front three is never going to work, because:
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 19 2010, 07:54 PM) *
Pedro would be better than Villa in the wing.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: May 19 2010, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 19 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra

Bojan - Villa - Ibrahimovic - Messi

Iniesta - Fabregas - Xavi

Abidal - Puyol - Alves

Valdez

Attack!

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post May 19 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 19 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Bojan - Villa - Ibrahimovic - Messi

Iniesta - Fabregas - Xavi

Abidal - Puyol - Alves

Valdez

Attack!

Real Madrid champions!

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Fuckin scary!
Also this:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumour...and-chelsea-out

Eden Hazard is also a young good winger,he'd be a sub at most,with this formation.

This post has been edited by William405: May 19 2010, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 19 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra

sha have signed Ben Foster for £6m.

Ouch, I'm almost embarassed for them.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #15

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 19 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Not in my opinion. They bought Villa to sell Ibra or to move him in the left ( wich I dont truly believe). They think Ibra is impotent in front of the goal (wich I dont agree). Pedro would be better than Ibro or Villa in the wing.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 19 2010, 10:01 PM) *
No, Villa will be the centre striker and no way a winger for them. That front three is never going to work, because:

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't think Pedro is worthy of being a regular starter at Barcelona. Perhaps they could sign Robinho or someone else for the wing.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:34 AM