Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan set Dida deadline

m1ke
post Nov 29 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has told Nelson Dida to quickly come to a decision on his Rossoneri career.

The goalkeeper’s agreement expires in June 2007 and their has been whispers of a split given that talks over a new deal have not yet brought a compromise.

The Brazilian’s agent, Oscar Damiani, had recently stated that the two parties were close to an agreement, but the knee injury suffered by Dida in Athens has brought negotiations to a halt.

“I hope Dida renews his contract as soon as possible so we can stop all the rumours involving our goalkeepers,” said Galliani.

“If Dida opts not to sign for us then we will be forced to consider alternative options,” he added.

“Nelson is aware of our conditions and knows there are parameters that must be respected. Obviously he remains our first choice and if he stays with us he will be the No 1.”

The club have been linked with Marco Amelia of Livorno and AEK shot-stopper Stefano Sorrentino as possible Dida replacements, but Galliani insists they are not on their way after Christmas.

“There will be no arrivals in January,” added the chief. “We will not make any moves on the market because we hope that Dida will recover sooner than expected from his injury.”

Galliani was also asked to comment on Ramon Calderon’s latest Kaka pledge after the Real Madrid chief said he didn’t think his gravestone would say: ‘Here lies the man who did not bring Kaka to Madrid.’

“I don’t know what to say, I don’t like this gravestone talk,” responded the Rossoneri official.

“In any case, I will try to do all I can so that mine will one day say: ‘Here lies the man who kept Kaka at Milan.’”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Nov 29 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (m1ke @ Nov 29 2006, 11:43 AM)
“In any case, I will try to do all I can so that mine will one day say: ‘Here lies the man who kept Kaka at Milan.’”

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I hope Dida signs an extension. He seemed to be returning to his best form before he got injured.

+Quote Post

misha
post Nov 29 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

We should bring Amelia anyway...

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 29 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (mishale @ Nov 29 2006, 06:36 AM)
We should bring Amelia anyway...

If Dida signs a new deal, that would be a stupid move... Amelia is not a second choice GK... Plus, Dida has a good 3-4 more years in him.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 29 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I wouldn't change Dida with no-one else. I love this guy, we should consider ourselves lucky we've got him. Surely, he might be a little unsteady, but when I remember at all the times he's saved our @ss I say "Sign a new contract Nelson" (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 29 2006, 02:12 PM)
I wouldn't change Dida with no-one else. I love this guy, we should consider ourselves lucky we've got him. Surely, he might be a little unsteady, but when I remember at all the times he's saved our @ss I say "Sign a new contract Nelson" (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Of course but if he doesn't decide this by January then we have no other choice but to replace him. Even if he later decides he wants to stay.

The best option would be to buy Amelia in January and let him stay there till the end of the season, because if we wait until the summer to buy him it would be really tough because of more competition from other clubs. And considering our track record of how we recently held negotiations, I wouldn't wait for it to get messy during the summer.

Better make a clean, easy purchase in January

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 29 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #7

I'm not too keen on Amelia. Of course, he's a good goalie, but nowhere near the level of keepers like Dida, Buffon and Cech. If we were to sign a new goalkeeper I would go straight for Buffon, no matter his price.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 29 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 29 2006, 08:31 AM)
I'm not too keen on Amelia. Of course, he's a good goalie, but nowhere near the level of keepers like Dida, Buffon and Cech. If we were to sign a new goalkeeper I would go straight for Buffon, no matter his price.

Agreed.

Here are the keepers in the same rank as Dida:

Buffon, Cech, Van Der Sar, Casillas and maybe a couple more.

Then there are very good keepers like:

Amelia, De Sanctis, Frey, Valdes, Issakson, Stekelenberg and so on.

You get the picture.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 29 2006, 07:55 PM)
Agreed.

Here are the keepers in the same rank as Dida:

Buffon, Cech, Van Der Sar, Casillas and maybe a couple more.

Then there are very good keepers like:

Amelia, De Sanctis, Frey, Valdes, Issakson, Stekelenberg and so on.
You get the picture.

Van Der Sar !!!?!?!?! Max .. u got to be kidding me, he aint no where near Dida's quality

+Quote Post

misha
post Nov 29 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 29 2006, 03:03 PM)
If Dida signs a new deal, that would be a stupid move... Amelia is not a second choice GK... Plus, Dida has a good 3-4 more years in him.

He has said before that he want to be back to Brazil after his contract ends. I f he wanted to sign a new deal he would have done it already.
He is good this season but he is 33 already (more injury prone), was awful last year and I don't sure if he can play that good until 37.
If we don't sign Amelia now some other club will. If we are building a young team next year I would make Amelia a number one and buy some experience keeper to be a backup

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 29 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #11

I think there are other keepers much better and maybe cheaper than Amelia. Timo Hildebrand to mention one. Man, I don't understand why he's still playing for Stuttgart.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 29 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2006, 11:30 AM)
Van Der Sar !!!?!?!?! Max .. u got to be kidding me, he aint no where near Dida's quality

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) WHAT???? NONESENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 29 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 29 2006, 01:42 PM)
I think there are other keepers much better and maybe cheaper than Amelia. Timo Hildebrand to mention one. Man, I don't understand why he's still playing for Stuttgart.

Agreed. I think the media is forcing Amelia on us somehow...

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 30 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #14

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 29 2006, 11:10 PM)

Edwin Van Der Sar .. ?!?! A has been. At Ajax and Juve, yes he would be compared to Buffon, Cech, or Dida .. But ever since he moved to Fulham .. That was his decline.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 30 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2006, 02:39 AM)
Edwin Van Der Sar .. ?!?! A has been. At Ajax and Juve, yes he would be compared to Buffon, Cech, or Dida .. But ever since he moved to Fulham .. That was his decline.

Just watch him at Manchester now... All players have their decline... Dida f@cked up a lot here before he became what he is now.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:32 AM