Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official: Real Madrid To Release Robinho

Portman
post Aug 23 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

So... now... who's gonna join Madrid? David Silva, Villa, Huntelaar, Capel, Benzema, Quaresma, ... ?

PS: There's a La Liga thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 23 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 23 2008, 04:03 PM) *
So... now... who's gonna join Madrid? David Silva, Villa, Huntelaar, Capel, Benzema, Quaresma, ... ?

All of them are significantly better than annoying little Robinho! And of course you can put them in the same sentence with the word consistency... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

It's a great move for Madrid!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 23 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 23 2008, 01:21 PM) *
All of them are significantly better than annoying little Robinho! And of course you can put them in the same sentence with the word consistency... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

It's a great move for Madrid!

Yep and a terrible one for Robinho, in terms of the money Chelsea payed for him, Real should have jumped at the first chance.

As for Robinho he won't last long in the EPL, Chelsea will never learn from their previous mistakes

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 23 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2008, 01:31 PM) *
Yep and a terrible one for Robinho, in terms of the money Chelsea payed for him, Real should have jumped at the first chance.

As for Robinho he won't last long in the EPL, Chelsea will never learn from their previous mistakes

Yeah we should all remember what happened to Julio Baptista in the Premier League... Robinho will end up just like that... he'll flop...

And Chelsea will spend tons and gain very little.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 23 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #20

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Caveat: my Spanish is iffy so I may not fully be understanding the article.

There's an article in As (link) of an interview with Calderon.

I think the article quotes Caldeorn as saying that he expects Robinho to send in a letter formally stating his desire to leave and unilaterally rescinding his contract. I'm pretty sure Calderon also says that Madrid have no intention of selling Robinho to anyone.

To me this would indicate that they'll let Robinho go if he buys out his contract. I imagine that's a pretty substantial sum.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 23 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 23 2008, 05:27 PM) *
Yeah we should all remember what happened to Julio Baptista in the Premier League... Robinho will end up just like that... he'll flop...

And Baptista at least has a physique that would fit into the Premiership, can you imagine little 'twinkle toes Robinho' in the Premier league trying to make his step overs against teams like Sunderland?

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 23 2008, 05:51 PM) *
Caveat: my Spanish is iffy so I may not fully be understanding the article.

There's an article in As (link) of an interview with Calderon.

I think the article quotes Caldeorn as saying that he expects Robinho to send in a letter formally stating his desire to leave and unilaterally rescinding his contract. I'm pretty sure Calderon also says that Madrid have no intention of selling Robinho to anyone.

To me this would indicate that they'll let Robinho go if he buys out his contract. I imagine that's a pretty substantial sum.

Ahh so their's a flip side to this whole story. I can;t imagine a player buying out his contract, especially a contract like his that probably cost millions upon millions.

Real are doing the right thing imo (at least since they seem like they want to keep him, personally if a club offered me that huge sum for Robinho of all people I would jump at the chance) and I personally don't understand Robinho, why leave a club like Real and take a step back to go to Chelsea? A team that plays in a league that doesn;t even suite his style of play. He'll probably bomb worse then Sheva over there

This post has been edited by han2503: Aug 23 2008, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 23 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #22

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 3,999

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2008, 11:40 PM) *
Ahh so their's a flip side to this whole story. I can;t imagine a player buying out his contract, especially a contract like his that probably cost millions upon millions.

Yes, but that will obviously be paid with Abramorich's money. I'm sure Robinho's account number must have already been given to the accountants. I doubt Robinho would have to fork out anything from his own pocket.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 23 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Bingo. Robinho to Chelsea, Shevchenko to Milan. Shevchenko was probably let go cheaply too.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 23 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 23 2008, 03:03 PM) *
PS: There's a La Liga thread.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Aug 23 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #25

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 23 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Bingo. Robinho to Chelsea, Shevchenko to Milan. Shevchenko was probably let go cheaply too.

It makes prefect sense. funny how Chelsea don't want the figures to be announced (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) they bought him for £30-35, and probably let go of him for less than half of that.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 23 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #26

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 23 2008, 08:41 PM) *
It makes prefect sense. funny how Chelsea don't want the figures to be announced (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) they bought him for £30-35, and probably let go of him for less than half of that.

If even half that. I think he was probably sold for far less than half that, if it was an outright sale.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:08 AM