Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official: Real Madrid To Release Robinho
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Zed.D
Official: Real Madrid To Release Robinho

The Robinho transfer soap opera has finally reached a conclusion after Real Madrid released an official statement announcing that they are willing to part company with their Brazilian superstar.

Chelsea’s persistent pursuit of Robinho and the player’s constant plea to his present employers to be released have paid off after Real Madrid announced on their official website, www.realmadrid.com that they are prepared to let the Brazilian go if both parties can reach a unilateral contract resolution.

The statement on the website reads:

1. Real Madrid knows about the comments made by Robinho and deeply regrets them given the high personal and professional esteem that the Club has always held the player in, as he deserves.

2. Real Madrid would never retain a player on the team against his wishes and would have no choice but to call for a unilateral resolution of the contract if the player willed it so.

It is believed that Robinho’s latest confession to EFE news agency yesterday, re-stating his desire to leave the Bernabéu for The Bridge has finally forced the Spanish champions to relinquish and accept defeat in the matter.

Chelsea chief executive, Peter Kenyon was reported to have flown in to the Spanish capital yesterday to make one final proposal for the 24 year old and the latest official statement from Madrid themselves should now pave the way for the Blues to complete the deal.

goal.com

Here's the link to the official statement.

All I can say is that Robinho made a big mistake... but truth is that he isn't irreplaceable for Madrid. they will do just alright without him.
Giancarlo
Personally I think if Robinho is acquired Chelsea may off load a few players... perhaps more willingly. It could have a domino effect... honestly, I think he's replaceable (Kaka isn't).
amancik
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 23 2008, 02:30 PM) *
Here's the link to the official statement.

All I can say is that Robinho made a big mistake... but truth is that he isn't irreplaceable for Madrid. they will do just alright without him.

When I looked at the title, I thought Real Madrid is going to release Robinho on free transfer. That would be crazy.
vahid
It's Madrid's fault
Zed.D
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 23 2008, 11:05 AM) *
Personally I think if Robinho is acquired Chelsea may off load a few players... perhaps more willingly. It could have a domino effect... honestly, I think he's replaceable (Kaka isn't).

He's definitely replaceable. maybe they're making way for Ronaldo (next season)?

QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 23 2008, 11:12 AM) *
When I looked at the title, I thought Real Madrid is going to release Robinho on free transfer. That would be crazy.

Why would they want to release him for free? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (vahid @ Aug 23 2008, 11:24 AM) *
It's Madrid's fault

We don't know what's going on behind the curtain (maybe even Madrid asked Robinho to accept a transfer to Chelsea...) so it's just what we're seeing: Robinho wants to go to Chelsea. that's it!
amancik
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 23 2008, 03:00 PM) *
Why would they want to release him for free? biggrin.gif

There's no reason for them to, but that's why I immediately checked this topic. A bit mis-leading don't you think?
Habitant
very weird move, more because of the league he wants to move too, not his style at all.
kurtsimonw
Drogba, Anelka, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, J.Cole, Kalou, Robinho, Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Sinclair, Di Santo.. Yeah, because this can work. rolleyes.gif
amancik
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 23 2008, 04:19 PM) *
Drogba, Anelka, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, J.Cole, Kalou, Robinho, Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Sinclair, Di Santo.. Yeah, because this can work. rolleyes.gif

Quite scary if you ask me ...
Zed.D
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 23 2008, 10:34 AM) *
There's no reason for them to, but that's why I immediately checked this topic. A bit mis-leading don't you think?

I don't think so. Robinho's under contract with Real, so if he wants to leave, he needs his club to release him first.

QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 23 2008, 10:36 AM) *
very weird move, more because of the league he wants to move too, not his style at all.

Yeah... it's only a matter of months before they break his leg!

For a player like Robinho (tiny, weak physique, etc.) La Liga is the best place to be, then Serie A, and then EPL. I doubt he can succeed there...

QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 23 2008, 12:11 PM) *
Quite scary if you ask me ...

Plus that they lost on every front last season, they are hungry for success now. I think they're the firm favorites for the EPL title. the CL? no one knows...
Tennie
So, who's Madrid going to buy to replace him?
Rossoneri7
If this deal goes through .. Sheva is leaving through the back door.
vahid
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 23 2008, 11:22 AM) *

They have Drenthe,and i think he is good enough to be in their first team
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 23 2008, 12:22 PM) *

probably a stiker hunter i think
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 23 2008, 12:30 PM) *
If this deal goes through .. Sheva is leaving through the back door.

puke.gif to samp ( according to mediaset)
Portman
So... now... who's gonna join Madrid? David Silva, Villa, Huntelaar, Capel, Benzema, Quaresma, ... ?

PS: There's a La Liga thread.
dst
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 23 2008, 04:03 PM) *
So... now... who's gonna join Madrid? David Silva, Villa, Huntelaar, Capel, Benzema, Quaresma, ... ?

All of them are significantly better than annoying little Robinho! And of course you can put them in the same sentence with the word consistency... rolleyes.gif

It's a great move for Madrid!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 23 2008, 01:21 PM) *
All of them are significantly better than annoying little Robinho! And of course you can put them in the same sentence with the word consistency... rolleyes.gif

It's a great move for Madrid!

Yep and a terrible one for Robinho, in terms of the money Chelsea payed for him, Real should have jumped at the first chance.

As for Robinho he won't last long in the EPL, Chelsea will never learn from their previous mistakes
Giancarlo
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2008, 01:31 PM) *
Yep and a terrible one for Robinho, in terms of the money Chelsea payed for him, Real should have jumped at the first chance.

As for Robinho he won't last long in the EPL, Chelsea will never learn from their previous mistakes

Yeah we should all remember what happened to Julio Baptista in the Premier League... Robinho will end up just like that... he'll flop...

And Chelsea will spend tons and gain very little.
Tennie
Caveat: my Spanish is iffy so I may not fully be understanding the article.

There's an article in As (link) of an interview with Calderon.

I think the article quotes Caldeorn as saying that he expects Robinho to send in a letter formally stating his desire to leave and unilaterally rescinding his contract. I'm pretty sure Calderon also says that Madrid have no intention of selling Robinho to anyone.

To me this would indicate that they'll let Robinho go if he buys out his contract. I imagine that's a pretty substantial sum.
han2503
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 23 2008, 05:27 PM) *
Yeah we should all remember what happened to Julio Baptista in the Premier League... Robinho will end up just like that... he'll flop...

And Baptista at least has a physique that would fit into the Premiership, can you imagine little 'twinkle toes Robinho' in the Premier league trying to make his step overs against teams like Sunderland?

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 23 2008, 05:51 PM) *
Caveat: my Spanish is iffy so I may not fully be understanding the article.

There's an article in As (link) of an interview with Calderon.

I think the article quotes Caldeorn as saying that he expects Robinho to send in a letter formally stating his desire to leave and unilaterally rescinding his contract. I'm pretty sure Calderon also says that Madrid have no intention of selling Robinho to anyone.

To me this would indicate that they'll let Robinho go if he buys out his contract. I imagine that's a pretty substantial sum.

Ahh so their's a flip side to this whole story. I can;t imagine a player buying out his contract, especially a contract like his that probably cost millions upon millions.

Real are doing the right thing imo (at least since they seem like they want to keep him, personally if a club offered me that huge sum for Robinho of all people I would jump at the chance) and I personally don't understand Robinho, why leave a club like Real and take a step back to go to Chelsea? A team that plays in a league that doesn;t even suite his style of play. He'll probably bomb worse then Sheva over there
GrinReaper
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2008, 11:40 PM) *
Ahh so their's a flip side to this whole story. I can;t imagine a player buying out his contract, especially a contract like his that probably cost millions upon millions.

Yes, but that will obviously be paid with Abramorich's money. I'm sure Robinho's account number must have already been given to the accountants. I doubt Robinho would have to fork out anything from his own pocket.
Giancarlo
Bingo. Robinho to Chelsea, Shevchenko to Milan. Shevchenko was probably let go cheaply too.

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 23 2008, 03:03 PM) *
PS: There's a La Liga thread.

cool.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 23 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Bingo. Robinho to Chelsea, Shevchenko to Milan. Shevchenko was probably let go cheaply too.

It makes prefect sense. funny how Chelsea don't want the figures to be announced laugh.gif they bought him for £30-35, and probably let go of him for less than half of that.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 23 2008, 08:41 PM) *
It makes prefect sense. funny how Chelsea don't want the figures to be announced laugh.gif they bought him for £30-35, and probably let go of him for less than half of that.

If even half that. I think he was probably sold for far less than half that, if it was an outright sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.