> Inzaghi out of the Champions League

CHU-LIP
post Sep 4 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #61

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2011, 11:50 AM) *
Don't know, aside from him being the captain and favoured over Ambro for that title, or so it seems, I'm inclined to believe that Rino will still be the starter in that position. Nocerino will, imo, have to wrestle that position from Rino and Allegri. He has to make himself a sure pick for the 11. My only question is will he be given the chance over Rino?

Ambrosini is still our captain. What makes you think Gattuso is? Because of that one game? It was because Ambrosini got subbed in rather than started the game he didn't wear the armband.

Allegri got rid of Pirlo and didn't call up Pippo for CL. So I figure Gattuso needs to preform to remain a starter. I think both have the chance to be a starter. It depends on their preformances.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #62

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 4 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Ambrosini is still our captain. What makes you think Gattuso is? Because of that one game? It was because Ambrosini got subbed in rather than started the game he didn't wear the armband.

Allegri got rid of Pirlo and didn't call up Pippo for CL. So I figure Gattuso needs to preform to remain a starter. I think both have the chance to be a starter. It depends on their preformances.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Ambro and Rino are imo, equal on the captain front, but Rino is obviously favoured over the 2 since Ambro is usually overlooked when Rino is available. Rino is still captain or co-captain whatever you want to call it. But between him and Ambro Allegri will pick Rino every time.

As for no captains being present, I'd contest that statment, Abbiati has been at Milan for a loong time, same ges for Nesta and Seedorf. All of these guys can do the job, most probably better then the current 2 official captains. Imo neither of them has any business being on the pitch. Their current "good" performance is still shocking imo, from Rino letting everyone go by him to Ambro hacking everything down in sight. They're just not good enough to be starters anymore. The only problem is Allegri and his backwards mentality in that regards

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 4 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #63

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

And here I was thinking Ambro was a couple of years senior to Gattuso. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Definitely, he is the default captain after Paolo Maldini. And he is usually the guy who lifts the trophies and cups. Gattuso is 2nd in command, just like he was 3rd in command in the Age of Maldini.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #64

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 4 2011, 02:48 PM) *
And here I was thinking Ambro was a couple of years senior to Gattuso. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Definitely, he is the default captain after Paolo Maldini. And he is usually the guy who lifts the trophies and cups. Gattuso is 2nd in command, just like he was 3rd in command in the Age of Maldini.

Yeah, Ambro is the official captain for when it comes to such things, but on the pitch, it's the same thing, if both are on, Ambro wears it, but these days Gattuso has the majority of playing time. So does it really make sense that Ambro barely saw the pitch last season yet came out to lift the trophy?

Imo, the club needs to make a solid decision. Give the captaincy to a regular starter. Ambro is certainly not that and I'm very hopeful to see Rino lose his spot this season thanks to Nocerino, who has been impressive for years now. He's definately 10 times better then the current Rino that's for sure, my only concern is that Allegri continues to be a stubborn @ss about it

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 4 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #65

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

What is this? Allegri cutting Pippo from the CL list!?

I fail to see where he is going with this, other than pointing SuperPippo to the door (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

If anything, Inzaghi at 38 is only still in this game because of his desire to become top scorer in Europe .. Allegri you are not doing yourself justice. The guy is 38, this is probably his last season .. You should have given our hero the least we can ever give to him - CL fixtures, he has never failed us in them.

Maybe he wants to do a Mourinho, when he sent Raul packing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

But what am I doing? Venting for a lost cause.

Now it is being reported that Atalanta and Parma are willing to take Inzaghi on-board. It is my dream to see Inzaghi hang up his boots under the Curva at San Siro. Also, a couple of goals in his last outings in CL would only spice things up further for his farewell.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 4 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #66

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Well at least the news section is alive again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) 64 replies and 949 views. Just like the good old day!

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 4 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #67

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 4 2011, 11:45 PM) *
What is this? Allegri cutting Pippo from the CL list!?

I fail to see where he is going with this, other than pointing SuperPippo to the door (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

If anything, Inzaghi at 38 is only still in this game because of his desire to become top scorer in Europe .. Allegri you are not doing yourself justice. The guy is 38, this is probably his last season .. You should have given our hero the least we can ever give to him - CL fixtures, he has never failed us in them.

Maybe he wants to do a Mourinho, when he sent Raul packing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Meh...

Allegri didn't pick Pippo cuz he thinks it's best for the team to pick the other 24 over him + De Sciglio for that quotum.

And the team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pippo's (or anyone's) individual record ...it's a team sport after all.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #68

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

It is, but I'm sure the team would support Pippo's inclusion.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 5 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #69

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2011, 01:09 AM) *
It is, but I'm sure the team would support Pippo's inclusion.

The players/team would for sure, but that's not the point. It's just Allegri finds the other 21 players more valuable (not counting goalkeepers and De Sciglio) than Pippo currently.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 5 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #70

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Gattuso being more valuable, I see where your coming from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 5 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #71

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 5 2011, 01:27 AM) *
Gattuso being more valuable, I see where your coming from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 5 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #72

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 5 2011, 12:55 AM) *
?

What he meant that a banned Gattuso is more valuable then Pippo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Simply put he's not. Pippo being left out might have many reasons behind it, maybe he just won't be fit enough for any of the games, we don't know what kind of injury he's suffered, and it's not looking good, after a season long lay off, he comes back for a week and is injured once again. It's not looking good for Pippo. And someone on another board mentioned this and I had to agree, it's not fair to the other 4 strikers who will be working their @sses off in the league and then Pippo gets a free access card into a CL match simply for a personal record.

Either way, the only thing that p!sses me off on that list is Rino

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 5 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #73

Giovanissimi Nazionali

That Inzaghi isn't valuable at the moment is a conclusion we seem to follow. Gattuso on the other hand is match fit, and was starter last season, and so it makes sense Allegri seems him as valuable. That people like you, han, don't think so as obvious as snow being white. Even though it's for me questionable whether he still should be a starter or not, he's still valuable in my opinion and belongs to our main eight midfield options. Of course the ban makes him only valuable for two matches, but one from them is vs Barça. And vs Barça is a team you want enough defensive midfielders available so let's I follow Allegri on this. Of course I also follow when han doesn't, since he prolly wouildn't include Gattuso in the CL squad even when he could have played all six games. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 5 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #74

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 5 2011, 02:02 PM) *
That Inzaghi isn't valuable at the moment is a conclusion we seem to follow. Gattuso on the other hand is match fit, and was starter last season, and so it makes sense Allegri seems him as valuable. That people like you, han, don't think so as obvious as snow being white. Even though it's for me questionable whether he still should be a starter or not, he's still valuable in my opinion and belongs to our main eight midfield options. Of course the ban makes him only valuable for two matches, but one from them is vs Barça. And vs Barça is a team you want enough defensive midfielders available so let's I follow Allegri on this. Of course I also follow when han doesn't, since he prolly wouildn't include Gattuso in the CL squad even when he could have played all six games. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Inzaghi is as valuable as Rino is imo. 1 will be injured, while the other suspended, what's the difference?

And yes he is still a good player to have in case of injuries as such, but we're talking 2 games here, and the Barca games might be even less important then the one we're playing in a couple of days, simply because the group will most likely be already decided by then.

And let's not kid ourselves, Rino will be far from a difference maker, if he steps onto the pitch against Barca then expect that side to get ripped apart and for Rino to get sent off at some point, simply because he couldn't handle Barca's midfield, he might be DM by name, but these days his position title should be AR - Aimless Runner.

Also, I think we established that stuffing our midfield with 1 dimensional DMs like Rino and Ambro won't help our cause one bit against Barca, simply because they'll lose posessiong more then they'll win balls.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #75

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 5 2011, 03:02 PM) *

What are you talking about? He's match fit, a regular team player and suspended as well. Where's there the benefit for the team? I think Allegri is only playing him because of a peculiar fixation on him, he prefers him to a much better Ambrosini, he obviously gave that spot to him as a gift, while at the same time he played hard-ball with Pippo.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:32 PM