han2503
post Sep 3 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 3 2011, 02:50 PM) *
Well, that's what I read. But I really don't know how El Shaarawy is doing, nor what to expect from him. Do you? Maybe Allegri simply prefers 25, or 24 since the home-grown stuff, over him. There isn't really a reason to say El Shaarawy can't be left out.

Well,, one of those two games is vs Barça. And the two Barça games are the tough ones, the other four games not really. And if Allegri think Gattuso is an useful asset vs Barça, then it maybe is not so weird for him to call up Gattuso.

Rino will be an asset, yes. But to Barca, not us
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 3 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #47

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2011, 07:49 PM) *
I wonder, when did Inzaghi become so important to us? We've got four world class strikers at disposal, and you people worry about a 38-year-old injured player? Just let it go, really.

Why should we let it go, do you mind me commenting or?

If you ask me, this is a stupid and Milan-unlike decision that can only be traced back to the clueless Allegri. Why not include Inzaghi, when you're playing in a group with Pilsen and BATE Borisov? It's not that this is a list of 22 players; and then at the same stroke include Rino who cannot be played for 4 out of 6 matches?

I think the inclusion of Inzaghi would not mind anyone; hell he scored 2 goals against Real Madrid just last year. And yes, he had an injury, but he managed to come back from his injuries earlier in his career why wouldn't he be able to do so now? Isn't this supposed to be some kind of a big goodbye for him, for god sake, we're playing BATE and Pilsen, we're not in some kind of a death group!

He's been nothing but consistent in Europe and I think he was a nice bonus, a player that would be full of motivation against the weak teams, while players like Seedorf and some others exactly miss that kind of determination in such matches.

What makes me even angrier is that it sounds like Pippo was expecting to be included; Allegri should have made his intentions earlier clear and give Pippo a chance to leave. He surely knows how much Pippo is motivated by playing in Europe, so he could have at least told him that before season start - that would have been fair.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 3 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #48

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2011, 08:17 PM) *
What makes me even angrier is that it sounds like Pippo was expecting to be included; Allegri should have made his intentions earlier clear and give Pippo a chance to leave. He surely knows how much Pippo is motivated by playing in Europe, so he could have at least told him that before season start - that would have been fair.

Fair enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He could definitely have adjusted with some other CL team, even via a one-year loan agreement. I'm sure there is no malicious intent from Allegri, it's more down to his naivety and clueless decision-making. But then, he included Gattuso, who really has little business in the group stages. What with the army of DMs at our disposal.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #49

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2011, 05:17 PM) *
I think the inclusion of Inzaghi would not mind anyone;

Yup, just like his exclusion won't affect our plans at all.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2011, 05:17 PM) *
And yes, he had an injury, but he managed to come back from his injuries earlier in his career why wouldn't he be able to do so now?

Err, because he's 38? It's impossible to recover from gave injuries when being so old. The majority of players have retired by that age.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 3 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #50

Primavera
Group Icon

Err, because he's 38? It's impossible to recover from gave injuries when being so old. The majority of players have retired by that age.

Impossible? I wouldn't say impossible, I think Pippo has recovered. Anyway, this inclusion would mean a great deal to Pippo, while at the same time also only good to us; yet he did not do it. I don't think it's immensely wise, for something to be immensely wise you need to actually achieve something positive out of it. What's positive here? I wouldn't say a word if Allegri decided to keep for example talents like Berretta or Paloschi and test them against or CL opposition.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2011, 05:50 PM) *
Impossible? I wouldn't say impossible, I think Pippo has recovered.

Nope, Pippo suffered another injury just a couple of days ago. He was supposed to play alongside El Shaarawy against Como. It's the third injury for him only this summer.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 3 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #52

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 3 2011, 06:12 PM) *
Nope, Pippo suffered another injury just a couple of days ago. He was supposed to play alongside El Shaarawy against Como. It's the third injury for him only this summer.

Hmh, I missed that one out. Still, I don't think it's something we should be happy about; just because it was so special to Pippo and at the same time so unimportant for us this should have been done.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 3 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #53

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Pippo recovered from bad injuries before, but it's really really hard to comeback from 8 month injury at 38. And we seeing it this summer, when he can't get back to a normal physical condition and only played less than 45 minutes of pre season, and even that was a month and a half ago in our first game (vs Solbiatese).

Allegri hasn't talked to him beforehand because it was a difficult last minutes decision. They talked right after, and Max explained him his reasoning. Yes, Rino will be available for only 2 out of 6 group stage games, but Pippo would have probably not be seeing any playing time at all since we have 4 top forwards ahead of him and he can't stay fit at all recently. If he able to come back to a reasonable form, he'd be added to the list in the winter.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #54

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

The only thing that bothers me from that list is Rino, and imo that is a statement from Allegri, meaning Rino is still top priority on his list and he views him as an integral part of this team.

Rino will cost us big this season if he's allowed to be a starter, whether that's a humiliation ala last season vs Tottenham or a crucial mistake. He's just not good enough anymore to be anything more then a Coppa starter

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2011, 07:38 PM
Post #55

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2011, 08:23 PM) *
The only thing that bothers me from that list is Rino, and imo that is a statement from Allegri, meaning Rino is still top priority on his list and he views him as an integral part of this team.

Rino will cost us big this season if he's allowed to be a starter, whether that's a humiliation ala last season vs Tottenham or a crucial mistake. He's just not good enough anymore to be anything more then a Coppa starter

Absolutely. I'm curious though, now that we signed Nocerino, will Allegri still consider Gattuso as an absolute starter?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 3 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #56

Primavera
Group Icon

I think only Ibra is an absolute starter in his eyes.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Sep 3 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #57

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

I've barely seen Noverino play and I'm convinced hes a starter, at least over Gattuso. Surely Allegri feels the same? I guess we'll see on Friday.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 3 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #58

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2011, 08:50 PM) *
I think only Ibra is an absolute starter in his eyes.

Thiago Silva? (Abbiati?)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 3 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #59

Primavera
Group Icon

Yep, Silva and Abbiati as well, but I think Amelia could also have a fair shot if he was any good.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 4 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #60

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Sep 3 2011, 06:53 PM) *
I've barely seen Noverino play and I'm convinced hes a starter, at least over Gattuso. Surely Allegri feels the same? I guess we'll see on Friday.

Don't know, aside from him being the captain and favoured over Ambro for that title, or so it seems, I'm inclined to believe that Rino will still be the starter in that position. Nocerino will, imo, have to wrestle that position from Rino and Allegri. He has to make himself a sure pick for the 11. My only question is will he be given the chance over Rino?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:11 PM