6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UEFA SuperCup: Man Utd - Zenit (Aug 08)

Locke Lamora
post Aug 30 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #76

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 30 2008, 02:06 PM) *
At least Ferdinand looked disgusted by his actions. There may be one decent person left at Man Utd

No there may not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 30 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #77

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Do you know why he says Robinho and Arshavin aren't slaves? I wonder if it has anything to do with 2 'big names' coming to the EPL? He doesn't like this league and never has. That's why it's fine for teams to treat players like slaves to keep them away from the EPL, but when it's keeping a top player in the EPL, he opens his mouth.

Fletcher, I don't know what Furgie sees in this guy he's mediocre at best.

Like Nicky Butt, like Phil Neville, these type of players are always questioned as to why they play for Man U. For Man U they may not be great, but look at Butt and Phil now. They both captain fairly decent Premier League sides. If Fletcher went to a decent team, I think you'd see how god he is. He's not top quality or good enough for United, but he's the type of player United have always had. Think of him as Uniteds Ambro. Under-rated, usually plays consistantly well with nothing extra special to his game. Gets a goal every now and then, and it's usually important.

On the one man team thing, I agree. In fact, other than Real Madrid I can't think of many teams in the World that aren't a one man team. But I think that's the first game in 14 months or so that United have lost when Rooney is playing.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 30 2008, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 30 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #78

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2008, 04:51 PM) *
But I think that's the first game in 14 months or so that United have lost when Rooney is playing.

Don't know about that, but he was awful in this game.

Congrats to Zenit!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 30 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #79

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2008, 02:51 PM) *
Do you know why he says Robinho and Arshavin aren't slaves? I wonder if it has anything to do with 2 'big names' coming to the EPL? He doesn't like this league and never has. That's why it's fine for teams to treat players like slaves to keep them away from the EPL, but when it's keeping a top player in the EPL, he opens his mouth.

Like Nicky Butt, like Phil Neville, these type of players are always questioned as to why they play for Man U. For Man U they may not be great, but look at Butt and Phil now. They both captain fairly decent Premier League sides. If Fletcher went to a decent team, I think you'd see how god he is. He's not top quality or good enough for United, but he's the type of player United have always had. Think of him as Uniteds Ambro. Under-rated, usually plays consistantly well with nothing extra special to his game. Gets a goal every now and then, and it's usually important.

On the one man team thing, I agree. In fact, other than Real Madrid I can't think of many teams in the World that aren't a one man team. But I think that's the first game in 14 months or so that United have lost when Rooney is playing.

Agreed. I think Chelsea can also not call themselves a 1 man team, they have a great squad, you might even say too over crowded, in defence and mifield that is because the attacking department is lacking especially when one of the strikers is injury prone and the other is Anelka

As for Man U, so far they've been terrible, and until Ronaldo comes back I can't see it changing, Rooney has been all over the place and Tevez who I think is great hasn't really kicked into gear, plus him and Rooney playing next to eachother doesn't really work, they make the same runs and get in eachother's way

QUOTE (misha @ Aug 30 2008, 05:14 PM) *
Don't know about that, but he was awful in this game.

Congrats to Zenit!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

He's been awful in all 3 United games so far. Personally I never really rated him, I think he's talented and all that and has that odd moment of genius in him here and there, but as far as consistancy goes, it's just plain bad. It's the same thing as always with the English a talented player comes onto the scene and they start comparing him to Maradona and Pele

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 30 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #80

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2008, 12:19 AM) *
He's been awful in all 3 United games so far. Personally I never really rated him, I think he's talented and all that and has that odd moment of genius in him here and there, but as far as consistancy goes, it's just plain bad. It's the same thing as always with the English a talented player comes onto the scene and they start comparing him to Maradona and Pele

Agreed. He's decent player but overrated IMO.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 30 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #81

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (misha @ Aug 30 2008, 10:28 PM) *
Agreed. He's decent player but overrated IMO.

Like every other young English player that has any form of talent.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 30 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #82

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Rooney is still living on his reputation of how good he was between late '03/early '05. Between these months if anybody called him the best player in the World, I wouldn't have argued. But he hasn't done much the last 18 months or so. He'll always be at a disadvantage as people that don't watch much football will see his stats and say he's over-rated. He'll never get 20+ goals in the season because that's not the type of player he is, but he certainly has other things to offer. But I agree he's not been that good of late.

As for Tevez.. don't get me started, this guy nearly relegated West Ham, a team that's done much better without him. Complete joke, don't rate him in the slightest. It has nothing to do with his nationality either.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 30 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #83

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2008, 02:46 AM) *
It has nothing to do with his nationality either.

I wouldn't mind if it did. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) More overrated than the moon.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 2 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #84

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Just a postscript on this - it was on at the same time as the Parma game and I was focusing more on young Paloschi but what shocked me was the reaction of the MU players when they went up to get their second place medals. Not classy in the slightest. I thought it was pretty tacky.

Well done to Zenit on the win and yes, they are a very good side.

As for Scholes, he's one of two MU players I actually like (the other being Ryan Giggs). He has kaladzity moments now and then (just watch him try to tackle sometime) but he's generally a very classy player and has been for a long time. The English NT misses someone like him. Badly.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 2 2008, 03:54 AM
Post #85

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Manchester United will do just that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) They'll be tacky and show it, unless they lost to a big club (like Milan). Even then they'd be sour. Almost as like they have a God given right to win every game. Some players are maybe different, but that seems to be the philosophy of the whole team. And the management. And the fans. And the media.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:51 PM