Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers '09

Darunia
post Apr 23 2009, 05:56 AM
Post #1276

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Genoa sold us Boriello and made a huge profit, then they used that to buy a better striker in Milito (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

I don't think Marco will leave, hopefully he can have a better season next year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 23 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #1277

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

There are talks about us being linked with Sao Paolo's Miranda and that him and Thiago Silva were very good partners....What do u guys think? I'll really really really like Milan to change Abate to a right back..He attacks and defends, skillful and most important is very fast...When we bought Jankulovski, he was a winger so why can't bring Abate...Ancelotti has some big issues

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Apr 23 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #1278

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Apr 23 2009, 02:51 PM) *
There are talks about us being linked with Sao Paolo's Miranda and that him and Thiago Silva were very good partners....What do u guys think? I'll really really really like Milan to change Abate to a right back..He attacks and defends, skillful and most important is very fast...When we bought Jankulovski, he was a winger so why can't bring Abate...Ancelotti has some big issues

maybe because we proved with janku that this is very very bed? And we do not want to make the same mistake and have the same **** in someone like we had in Janku this year!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 23 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #1279

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I really don't think Abate is RB material. Milan needs a serious RB.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 23 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #1280

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

[Couldn't watch the game,] how did Abate play against us?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 23 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #1281

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

datasport gave him a 6.5, best rating for Toro players.

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Apr 23 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #1282

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 23 2009, 03:49 PM) *
I really don't think Abate is RB material. Milan needs a serious RB.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 23 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #1283

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

He wasn't bad, keeping in mind how some Toro players performed. Still, I don't see him as an RB.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Apr 23 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #1284

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 23 2009, 08:14 PM) *
datasport gave him a 6.5, best rating for Toro players.

and if i am rite 6.5 is very hard to get on datasport they are not like goal rating

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 23 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #1285

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

For datasport, 6.5 is above average but not at the REALLY GOOD stage.

By way of comparison, Pippo got an 8.5 for the game (freakishly high for datasport but Pippo DID score 3).

EDIT: And Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Pato got 6.5 ratings for that same game.

This post has been edited by Tennie: Apr 23 2009, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 24 2009, 03:48 AM
Post #1286

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Let's put it this way: Datasport are the anti-Goal.com in terms of player ratings.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 24 2009, 05:46 AM
Post #1287

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Abate can't play RB. Just coz he can attack, and has the ability to run back, doesn't mean much. Messi/CR would rip us down the right, if we had Abate playing at RB.

If we do need youngsters we need something like what we saw in the friendly sometime back. Darmian and Mattioni on the right. A more focussed defending fullback who overlaps, and a winger given license to move forward.

Truth be told, I'm very happy with Zambrotta, considering the huge amount of duty he has to shoulder. Some seem to say he's old and past it , but let's not forget that he is the ONLY presence for Milan on the right, except for the occasional Beckham run.

When you compare him with Alves, it's unfair. Alves overlaps with Messi. Even Maicon gets more support than Zambrotta on the right. Either from Zlatan. Or from Figo/Stankovic.

We need a rightsided creative mid. I don't know who.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Apr 24 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #1288

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 24 2009, 05:46 AM) *
Abate can't play RB. Just coz he can attack, and has the ability to run back, doesn't mean much. Messi/CR would rip us down the right, if we had Abate playing at RB.

If we do need youngsters we need something like what we saw in the friendly sometime back. Darmian and Mattioni on the right. A more focussed defending fullback who overlaps, and a winger given license to move forward.

Truth be told, I'm very happy with Zambrotta, considering the huge amount of duty he has to shoulder. Some seem to say he's old and past it , but let's not forget that he is the ONLY presence for Milan on the right, except for the occasional Beckham run.

When you compare him with Alves, it's unfair. Alves overlaps with Messi. Even Maicon gets more support than Zambrotta on the right. Either from Zlatan. Or from Figo/Stankovic.

We need a rightsided creative mid. I don't know who.

And that could be Abate...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 24 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #1289

Group Icon

Could be. But he's no RB is what I meant to say. Anyway I doubt a scenario would arise when a player like Ronaldinho or Beckham would be benched so that Abate could play. Abate has shown nothing to that level. He's show he's above average, the best in a mediocre bunch.

I think Milan should try pushing him up to better team, someone like Atalanta or Genoa.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 24 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #1290

Group Icon

Not all of it is transfer news, but I think Carlo to Chelsea counts right??
Milan's Beckham says Ancelotti is learning English

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti is apparently learning English, according to David Beckham. he Milan boss has been linked with a move to Chelsea and reports in the English media claim that a deal has already been agreed for the Italian to take over from Guus Hiddink in the summer.

Hiddink, the interim coach, has confirmed that he will leave Chelsea after the FA Cup final on May 30 to return to his full-time job as coach of Russia and the Blues are keen to fill the role with an established, successful manager.

Milan loan-star Beckham revealed that Ancelotti was studying a new language, but could not confirm that there is a link between his studies and the vacancy at Stamford Bridge.

"When I arrived at Milan, Ancelotti was already studying English," Beckham, who is loan to Milan from Los Angeles Galaxy, said. "Every time I try to fix his English, he insists on making errors and we end up laughing. I can't tell you anything about Chelsea."

Beckham, for his part, is having even less success learning Italian. "I admit I haven't made much progress with Italian. I can only say 'Congratulations' to the referee or 'Good goal' to Pippo Inzaghi," he continued.

"Paolo Maldini speaks English and there is also Gennaro Gattuso, who speaks a language of his own, but I understand him perfectly. One thing is for sure - there are many players in Europe and the world that would pay out of their own pocket to play at a club like Milan. So I would have done anything to stay here until the end of the season."

Officially, Ancelotti, 49, is having to maintain he is not leaving the Italian giants as his team bid to secure second place in Serie A; but it appears that Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich is keen to lure him away from the San Siro after eight years.

I dunno. I found this very becalming. Compared to the chaos at a club like Madrid, I find this camraderie and leg-pulling soothing. Rino's definitely our next captain. The way everyone speaks of him, and jokes around with him from the oldest to the youngest players. Come back you beast!! I miss your sexy beard.

Zambrotta: Milan Need Arsenal Striker Emmanuel Adebayor

The World Cup winner believes the Togolese hitman could solve the Rossoneri's goal-scoring woes...

The Italian press continue to link AC Milan with a move for Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor. Defender Gianluca Zambrotta has endorsed the idea, as he feels the striker would be an excellent addition to the attack.

"Let's say that was what was missing for us this year. When things become difficult you need a forceful central attacker," suggested the ex-Barcelona full-back to Sky.

"We had an injury to [Marco] Borriello. Pato exploded and [Filippo] Inzaghi has scored a lot of goals. However, Adebayor is the type of player that can be vital for a team."

The 32-year-old then analysed the club's season, which has been labelled as disappointing by many fans and pundits.

"We will wait until the end to draw conclusions. Certainly we could have done more, because we wanted to win the UEFA Cup and advance in the Coppa Italia, but we did not. There are still a few matches left in Serie A and we hope to finish well."

Zambrotta has played in 34 matches for the Rossoneri this season in all competitions.

Oddly enough, he doesn't say Milan need Adebayor. Just that he's the type of player who will be vital to a team. It's kind of what I've been saying, besides my bleating for more firepower on our right flank.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Apr 24 2009, 10:42 AM

+Quote Post

333 Pages V  « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:33 AM