Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [NT] National Team competitions, Euro qualifying, friendlies, etc

X-Offender
post Oct 12 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #2416

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Well, for a team like us, it's totally appropriate, because we don't have the talent and quality to compete with the likes of Portugal and Denmark, so it's the only we can hope to achieve a positive result. But at high levels, I cannot accept it. It's one thing being compact and defending well, and another parking the bus like we did against Juventus.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 12 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #2417

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 11 2014, 11:49 PM) *
Well, for a team like us, it's totally appropriate, because we don't have the talent and quality to compete with the likes of Portugal and Denmark, so it's the only we can hope to achieve a positive result. But at high levels, I cannot accept it. It's one thing being compact and defending well, and another parking the bus like we did against Juventus.

You know for a team who 'parked the bus' v Juve our shots of 10 to their 14 and on target 3 to 4 doesn't really sound that bad.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 12 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #2418

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 11 2014, 11:07 PM) *
Btw I noted that for you catenaccio football is a synonym for bad football. For me it's boring maybe and a bit passe, but certainly not bad.

It is bad football, it is boring and dull, but it's what made the Italian sides of the late 80s and 90s the best in the world.

Italy was damn good at it, and it was incredibly effective.

So I both agree and disagree with you at the same time.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 12 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #2419

Allievi Nazionali

"It's a unfair if all the expectations to give the player a little bit of a break fall on me."

This for me sums up why Hodgson is a total wimp, coward and pathetic manager for England.

Any strong manager would have frankly lied about it - he'd have covered the player while privately expressing his displeasure at a teenager needing 'a rest'. But to go public shows the man in his true form - does what the FA tells him, grasses up his players, takes no responsibility for anything ever going wrong.

Not unlike Rangers manager Ally McCoist. Despise managers who can't admit their own failings and can't protect their players. His total blame upon the England players for the poor showing at the world cup is further proof of it.

“You only walk away when, A, you can’t stand the pressure or, B, that you don’t feel that you are good enough to do the job and in that situation, I can safely and strongly say that I never felt that at all.”

Ah, so you WERE good enough, the players just failed you?

He's awful.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 12 2014, 11:59 PM
Post #2420

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I wouldn't take much notice of what is/isn't said in the media.

I think it's disgraceful from Sterling though. I wonder if I phone in work and tell them I'm a bit tired and can't be bothered if they'll tell me not to worry and not come in.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 13 2014, 01:19 AM
Post #2421

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2014, 10:59 PM) *
I wouldn't take much notice of what is/isn't said in the media.

I think it's disgraceful from Sterling though. I wonder if I phone in work and tell them I'm a bit tired and can't be bothered if they'll tell me not to worry and not come in.

I agree on Sterling, pathetic. A 19 year old kid saying he's tired is truly embarrassing. But my point is Hodgson really shouldn't have grassed him up - that was equally if not more so.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 13 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #2422

Prima Squadra

I must admit I don't know how it came out, I just heard it during the game. If Roy just came out with it, I agree with you.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 14 2014, 05:19 AM
Post #2423

Allievi Nazionali

Surprised Han hasn't lept on praising his Maltese for pushing Italy very close indeed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 14 2014, 09:04 AM
Post #2424

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 14 2014, 05:19 AM) *
Surprised Han hasn't lept on praising his Maltese for pushing Italy very close indeed.

I went out to watch it so I couldn't be regaling you guys on here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I'm actually more ashamed of how Italy played than what Malta did. And the last 10 minutes or so of passing it around back and forth between the defenders was just embarrassing.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 14 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #2425

Prima Squadra

What an odd International break. Holland were AWFUL against Kazakhstan and then lost. Germany lose in Poland. Spain lose then were awful against Lux. England were not convincing against Estonia.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 14 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #2426

Prima Squadra

and it continues. Germany have 1 win in 3 and to be honest they didn't even deserve to beat Scotland.

in less surprising news, Serbia-Albania abandoned.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Oct 14 2014, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 14 2014, 09:45 PM
Post #2427

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Serbia-Albania officially suspended.

No Albanian supporters allowed in the stadium, very intimidating atmosphere and throwing of objects at our players until when in the 40' a drone flew over the stadium carrying a unified Albania flag. One of the Serbian players managed to catch and pull down the flag, a couple of our players didn't appreciate the gesture and it was hell from then onwards. Fans entered he stadium and started abusing our players. UEFA had to suspend the game.

Hopefully we get the 0-3 win.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 14 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #2428

Prima Squadra

I doubt you'll get the win. Not sure what idiot thought it would be a good idea to do that though. But of course, who cares about football in a football match when you can use it as a stage for politics.

Albania's #2 unnecessarily kicked all that off. A drone flying that low could potentially be dangerous to players and the Serbian player was removing it and didn't do anything offensive to the flag, so not sure what offence was taken to it?

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Oct 14 2014, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 14 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #2429

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 14 2014, 08:40 PM) *
and it continues. Germany have 1 win in 3 and to be honest they didn't even deserve to beat Scotland.

As much as I find it hard to support Scotland these days, 4 points from 9 is more than I'd have expected from Germany, Georgia then Poland. Have to say they have a real chance of making France.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 14 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #2430

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2014, 08:45 PM) *
Serbia-Albania officially suspended.

No Albanian supporters allowed in the stadium, very intimidating atmosphere and throwing of objects at our players until when in the 40' a drone flew over the stadium carrying a unified Albania flag. One of the Serbian players managed to catch and pull down the flag, a couple of our players didn't appreciate the gesture and it was hell from then onwards. Fans entered he stadium and started abusing our players. UEFA had to suspend the game.

Hopefully we get the 0-3 win.

What's the background to this?

+Quote Post

175 Pages V  « < 160 161 162 163 164 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:52 PM