Post #1516

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Un-f@cking-believable!

What a disaster of a 2nd half

Pioli... No words!

How can the team spiral like this? Just unacceptable!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 04:58 PM
Post #1517

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

3 losses in a matter of a few weeks

2 of which coming against sh!t teams! Mother f@cker!!!!

I know I said I do not want us changing coaches, but it is clear that the game against PSG was a one off in a big game. The players have lost their f@cking heads and Pioli has no clue on how to reign them back in!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 04:59 PM
Post #1518

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Referee saved out blushes for no f@cking reason! We deserved to lose!

My god!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 05:04 PM
Post #1519

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Every time Pioli's changes cripple us. The Musah for Calabria one takes the cake!

If something is wrong with Calabria just put in Florenzi! Putting Musah in that situation against a fast winger who a natural RB was already struggling with is just bonkers.

Yes that 2nd goal came out of sheer stupidity on both his and Theo's part but a seasoned player who is a natural defender would have known not to try to play that when we were getting pressed and had a player down!

Pioli man! I cannot take him anymore! Are there any decent coaches available right now? The club should f@cking pull the plug ASAP! He has lost this team and he has seemingly also lost all his braincells

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2023, 05:12 PM
Post #1520

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I am pissed beyond words. Honestly, I do not know what to say anymore that hasn't already been said.

Set aside the garbage bench and Pioli, we have serious concentration problems. We cannot throw away a win when until the 66th minute we were in full control of the game. We had so many chances to make it 3-0. Then, blackout. Same as with Napoli. Add to that the losses against Udinese and Juventus. What a tragic month it has been. The only redeemable feature was the PSG win. Everything else, pure and utter garbage.

I am fed up with this sh*t and this coach!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 05:27 PM
Post #1521

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2023, 05:12 PM) *
I am pissed beyond words. Honestly, I do not know what to say anymore that hasn't already been said.

Set aside the garbage bench and Pioli, we have serious concentration problems. We cannot throw away a win when until the 66th minute we were in full control of the game. We had so many chances to make it 3-0. Then, blackout. Same as with Napoli. Add to that the losses against Udinese and Juventus. What a tragic month it has been. The only redeemable feature was the PSG win. Everything else, pure and utter garbage.

I am fed up with this sh*t and this coach!

Out of the Scudetto race in November

Could be out of the CL by the end of this month

Endless injury problems, all being muscle related

A brain dead coach who is currently hurting us more than helping us.

Sure there are issues with concentration, but there are much bigger problem at play here.

I really thought that PSG game would be a spring board

But it's looking more and more like a whimper from a beaten down dog.

The players are good, the quality is there. We have a serious problem with finishing off chances, but we were 2-0 up! No excuse to then f@ck it up. Pioli once again with the bad changes and in-game management.

For me, he should have been gone last season. We should not have gone into this season with him still the coach. The moment we spiraled in January was the death knell for him. All we're doing now is dragging the corpse along with us. And he's just weighing us down.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 05:43 PM
Post #1522

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Stefano #Pioli on the issue of muscle injuries (already 16 so far): ?It's true that we're suffering a lot of them. I don't have an explanation, but it certainly can't just be bad luck. It's true that by playing a lot, physical and mental stress increases and this can affect the players"

I guess teams like Inter and Napoli play less than us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Trying to imply that luck has any part in this when it is the 4th season in a row where the squad is absolutely crippled by these muscle injuries is disingenuous to say the least.

Inter has a squad with a much higher average age, yet they rarely have more than 2/3 players out at the same time. Something is obviously very much wrong with how this team is being trained. And he is the head trainer!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2023, 05:48 PM
Post #1523

Maldini wanted him out. He saw that Pioli's cycle was over, that he had lost control. What did we do? Fire Maldini instead.

But this goes beyond Pioli. This is on the players, because you cannot be winning 2-0 and then throw it all away. Against Lecce! They had been inexistent until they scored, from a corner. But then you need to step up, take control of the game, show who's boss. We did none of that. Instead, we played like a bunch of amateurs, leaving huge spaces in-between for them to counter.

You have Pobega and Krunic in midfield. Pobega and Krunic!!! Are you f*cking kidding me? They wouldn't be starting in any big club. They wouldn't be even on the bench. Not to mention the huge let downs from guys like Okafor, Chukweuze etc.

Just, no words. It can't get any worse than this.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2023, 05:53 PM
Post #1524

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2023, 05:43 PM) *
Stefano #Pioli on the issue of muscle injuries (already 16 so far): ?It's true that we're suffering a lot of them. I don't have an explanation, but it certainly can't just be bad luck. It's true that by playing a lot, physical and mental stress increases and this can affect the players"

I guess teams like Inter and Napoli play less than us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Trying to imply that luck has any part in this when it is the 4th season in a row where the squad is absolutely crippled by these muscle injuries is disingenuous to say the least.

Inter has a squad with a much higher average age, yet they rarely have more than 2/3 players out at the same time. Something is obviously very much wrong with how this team is being trained. And he is the head trainer!

Yep.

Also, Inter have a top bench. Pavard gets injured? They have Darmian. Acerbi needs rest? They have De Vrij. Fratesi, Asllani and Klaasen in midfield. Cuadrado and Carlos August on the flanks. The attack subs are so-so, but they still have Lautaro and Thuram who never get injured and never get tired.

Not to mention that they have such a winning mentality. They rarely waste points against small sides. You can see their grit and desire to win in every playable ball, in every contrast, in every situation. We have none of that. Save the PSG game, where it's easy to find stimuli, we simply do not have the desire to win every game. And that's the key difference to continuity.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 06:39 PM
Post #1525

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2023, 05:48 PM) *
Maldini wanted him out. He saw that Pioli's cycle was over, that he had lost control. What did we do? Fire Maldini instead.

But this goes beyond Pioli. This is on the players, because you cannot be winning 2-0 and then throw it all away. Against Lecce! They had been inexistent until they scored, from a corner. But then you need to step up, take control of the game, show who's boss. We did none of that. Instead, we played like a bunch of amateurs, leaving huge spaces in-between for them to counter.

You have Pobega and Krunic in midfield. Pobega and Krunic!!! Are you f*cking kidding me? They wouldn't be starting in any big club. They wouldn't be even on the bench. Not to mention the huge let downs from guys like Okafor, Chukweuze etc.

Just, no words. It can't get any worse than this.

Maldini was talking to Pirlo though.

I love Paolo, and we made the strides forward that we did thank to him. But he was slipping. The summer after the Scudetto was on him.

He was talking to Pirlo to replace Pioli. I think that would have been a far worse prospect.

He wanted Arnautovic and would have surely kept Tonali. That right there would have been our season dead and buried. Forget even CL football.

I think the management made good choices. But as we all feared in the summer, they entrusted all their investment in the wrong hands. I said before the season started that those first 10 games would tell us a lot. Unfortunately we started well enough, but have spiraled. A strange parallel to these performances we're suddenly putting in where we start well and then just go off the rails for one reason or another.

Krunic has been a total sh!t show since coming back from injury, and it is no coincidence that it has coincided with our bad form. He plays in the most important position on the pitch imo. It's already a stretch to make him play there as he is not a DM. He does not know how to shield the defence or how to control he tempo of the game. But to keep playing him when he is clearly struggling. Sure, our bench is not as strong. And players who we expected more out of like Chuk have so far let us down.

But you cannot deny that quality wise this is the 2nd best squad in the league. And when you lose points to teams like Lecce and Udinese, it's ridiculous to talk about a player like Krunic who would walk into the Lecce team. It's a collective issue and the buck stops with Pioli.

I mean the Musah at RB switch epitomizes all that has been wrong with Pioli and his decisions. It's like the Romero change in the Napoli game. As soon as he came on. It was a big WTF moment. Just like the Musah sub today.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2023, 05:53 PM) *
Yep.

Also, Inter have a top bench. Pavard gets injured? They have Darmian. Acerbi needs rest? They have De Vrij. Fratesi, Asllani and Klaasen in midfield. Cuadrado and Carlos August on the flanks. The attack subs are so-so, but they still have Lautaro and Thuram who never get injured and never get tired.

Not to mention that they have such a winning mentality. They rarely waste points against small sides. You can see their grit and desire to win in every playable ball, in every contrast, in every situation. We have none of that. Save the PSG game, where it's easy to find stimuli, we simply do not have the desire to win every game. And that's the key difference to continuity.

It's not about a winning mentality. Inter have lost points this season as well after leading against bad sides. But what they do have is a very functioning system with a coach who really knows how to get the best out of the players he has.

Inter have a tendency to lose their heads, even more than us imo when things don't go their way. But they generally swat away teams like Lecce and Udinese because they play much better football. And create a lot of chances

We don't create nearly as much and have suddenly become prone to missing a lot of chances as well. We also tend to leak more goals because we cannot defend set-pieces and generally play a much higher line than Inter do

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2023, 08:35 PM
Post #1526

Inter have won 9 out of 11 games, tomorrow they'll win again. They humiliated us 5-1. They passed their group stage two rounds beforehand. That's hardly the streak of a side that loses its head.

They are simply better in everything. Better football, better squad, better coach, better tactics, winning mentality, right attitude, everything.

We on the other hand have huge problems in many of those aspects, and I don't think they can be resolved any time soon.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2023, 08:59 PM
Post #1527

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2023, 08:35 PM) *
Inter have won 9 out of 11 games, tomorrow they'll win again. They humiliated us 5-1. They passed their group stage two rounds beforehand. That's hardly the streak of a side that loses its head.

They are simply better in everything. Better football, better squad, better coach, better tactics, winning mentality, right attitude, everything.

We on the other hand have huge problems in many of those aspects, and I don't think they can be resolved any time soon.

They lost 10 games last season in the league. They fumbled at the last hurdle and allowed us to overtake them when we won the Scudetto and so far under Inzaghi they have won only Coppa Italias

When things don't go their way they lose their heads. They are still Pazza Inter. But the quality of the league is such that they'll walk it this season, unless Allegri somehow pulls a giant rabbit out of his @ss. They'll walk it because they play the best ball in the league. Their coach knows how he wants to set up his team and his team fully understands his approach. That's the biggest difference imo.

The biggest indictment of Pioli imo was when Giroud, after the Napoli game said that the players did not know what to to in that 2nd half. Whether they were supposed to keep going forward or defend. I mean... If that's not a bad reflection on the coach than I do not know what is

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2023, 10:51 PM
Post #1528

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2023, 08:59 PM) *
They lost 10 games last season in the league. They fumbled at the last hurdle and allowed us to overtake them when we won the Scudetto and so far under Inzaghi they have won only Coppa Italias

When things don't go their way they lose their heads. They are still Pazza Inter. But the quality of the league is such that they'll walk it this season, unless Allegri somehow pulls a giant rabbit out of his @ss. They'll walk it because they play the best ball in the league. Their coach knows how he wants to set up his team and his team fully understands his approach. That's the biggest difference imo.

I'm talking about this season. They have changed a lot of players. And right now they are by far the best side in the league. Not just because they play good football, but for all the reasons I mentioned earlier. Let's give credit to where credit is due. After they beat us 5-1 I think we should all shut up when talking about Inter.

They will walk this season not because of the quality of the league, but because we're letting them do it. We had every chance to fight for the Scudetto. Yes, we lost to Juventus under unfavourable circumstances, and I can understand that, but we were leading 2-0 vs Napoli and we squandered it. We lost to a terrible Udinese at home. And today we repeated the Napoli game, only against a much, much weaker opponent. That's 7 points thrown out of the window. Just inexcusable. No words can describe the disappointment us fans are feeling right now.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2023, 10:56 PM
Post #1529

Also, I think it's time management really looked into this injury crisis. Like, for real. Because I am 100% certain that had we played the exact same line-up that beat PSG we would have taken this game home. But we lost Loftus-Cheek before the game. We lost Leao in the first minutes. Then we lost Calabria at HT. Add to that all the other injuries, and Pioli's fixation to play garbage men like Krunic and Pobega, and you get a mid-table squad.

It doesn't justify the fact we lost a 2-0 lead, but the fact we're fielding such weak line-ups on a constant basis must be seriously pondered over.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 12 2023, 01:46 PM
Post #1530

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2023, 10:56 PM) *
Also, I think it's time management really looked into this injury crisis. Like, for real. Because I am 100% certain that had we played the exact same line-up that beat PSG we would have taken this game home. But we lost Loftus-Cheek before the game. We lost Leao in the first minutes. Then we lost Calabria at HT. Add to that all the other injuries, and Pioli's fixation to play garbage men like Krunic and Pobega, and you get a mid-table squad.

It doesn't justify the fact we lost a 2-0 lead, but the fact we're fielding such weak line-ups on a constant basis must be seriously pondered over.

Doesn't the medical/fitness staff come along with the coach?

I think the fact that we play in a way that requires a lot of sprints does not help either. But prepping the team properly is a major factor here. And once we start losing players it is a domino effect since you cannot rotate effectively anymore

I just want to add that we were winning with Pobega and Krunic in the team. That is not an excuse against a team like Lecce. Musah being put at RB when Lecce were really starting to press us was the main problem.

It's the same thing against Napoli. 2-0 is one of the worst leads you can have, it makes you feel much more secure than you should be.

Against Napoli the most simple approach would have been to just put in an extra mid and go 4-4-2 and take home our victory.

Against Lecce. Since we lost Calabria, the easiest solution would have been to bring on Kjaer and switch to a back 3. With Musah or Florenzi replacing Chukwueze to change to a back 3 and once again, take home the victory

I just do not understand why the coach did not go for the simple and obvious solution in either case but tried to re-invent the wheel by putting a 20-year old at RB, a position where our natural RB was already struggling against their very fast and athletic winger. And against Napoli, the moment Romero came on it felt like we were playing a man less.

These are all very avoidable mistake that could have been 4 more points on the board right now. And we'd be closer to the leaders than we are to a f@cking horrible Roma!

Against Juve, it might have been a forced upon situation, but our defenders constantly walk on a tight rope because we play too high a line. A high line that is not even yielding great attacking play through turn overs, so what is the purpose of it other than putting our CBs in situations that are dire

If Tomori wasn't lightning quick we'd be conceding a lot more than we do

+Quote Post

112 Pages V  « < 100 101 102 103 104 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:03 PM