Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancelotti won’t mirror Leonardo

acid911
post Mar 29 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Most probably, but I personally got an impression we were always a bit scared to take on the Old Lady. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Anyone recall the 7-1. To inter we did a 6-0. Either that, or we gave too much respect to them up until the middle of the decade. To me they are the bigger fish, one who we should have been fighting against for top glory. The 2006 scandal completely turned the table, this I agree. And with an iota of brain (and some timely investments) we could have turned it into an advantage.

Well frankly we should not have been into the mess, and another title could have been awarded to us, when Juve got relegated. That's moral category for you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Getting our hands dirty, buy refs for a few measly points. Anyway, that is for another day. But I just feel that the champion club Milan is, we should have had a few more titles, both Juve and inter a few less. We definitely had/have the potential. Like I said above, I hope we get to be the numero uno Italian club in my lifetime, even if it takes 40 Scudettos to overtake either the snakes or the zebras.

Secondly, this does not mean inter get away easy, they are as much a rival club as anything. Just that as the second most successful club in Italy, we should be battling it out with the first, not third - and as of this writing inter are ahead of us, anyway. Bah!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 29 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #17

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 28 2011, 11:52 PM) *
I can't agree with you on that one. To most Milan fans the definition of traitor (when Shevchenko isn't considered) means a player/coach/legend who went to Inter. It does not primarily relate to success and direct competition, it's more of a moral cathegory.

Also, Ancelotti IMO developed a special relationship with Milan more during his coaching years then his playing one. So a jump nowdays to Juve would be a mild shock, but back then, before his Milan term as coach and at the start of his career, where he took over from a Intertotocup placed Juventus...that was hardly considered negative.

Yup.

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Mar 29 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

Does it really matter if Juve was worse or better than Printer? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Up to '05 Inter didn't exist really....Juve were our main rival domestically and they were both crap in Europe.....a little recent success doesn't make Merda smell any better imho.

That said I never held it against Carlo for coaching Ladri and I don't hold it against Leo for coaching Merda....Capello coached Juve, Trap coached/played with all three etc etc. A TRAITOR to me is one who intentionally damages one club while claiming to support it. Leo is wholly and solely for Merda now because he's their coach....my way of thinking you don't have to agree.

And YES I wish he didn't say the crap he did....sometimes in life silence is GOLDEN.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 29 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

.Juve were our main rival domestically and they were both crap in Europe

1995/1996 - CL Winner
1996/1997 - CL Final
1997/1998 - CL Final
1998/1999 - Semifinal
1999/2000 - UEFA Cup last 16
2000/2001 - First phase elimination
2001/2002 - Second phase elimination
2002/2003 - CL Final
2003/2004 - Last 16

I wouldn't call that crap at all

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 29 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #20

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (drucurl @ Mar 29 2011, 02:47 PM) *
And YES I wish he didn't say the crap he did....sometimes in life silence is GOLDEN.

Carlo is GOLDEN (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 29 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #21

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 28 2011, 10:21 PM) *
Are you kidding me? Juventus are not the real enemy. They never have been. Sportively, yes. But we've always had good relations with them. They reside in Turin, we reside in Milan. Inter is the real deal. They're like the evil twin, the one you'd never want to be associated with. Training Juventus and training Inter are two completely different things. Besides, Carlo was the coach of a small club like Parma, who was offered the job of Juventus coach. You think he should have turned it down, simply because he spent five years playing for us? Don't be ridiculous.

This (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

As for the snake that is leo, he was quick to grab all the attention from the tifosi on the last game of the season - even trying to turn them against the management! Next thing he is siding with the enemy. I don't recall either Carlo or Don Fabio ever doing that, and that is why they still get respect even today.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Mar 29 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

I've always seen Juve as a competitive but friendly rival. I would coach them and Milan and have no problem. On the other hand, I'd rather pull my fingernails out than coach Inter.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 30 2011, 04:30 PM
Post #23

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Even Abbiatti and some of the players were hurt by leo's treachery:

Abbiati: Leo disappointed Milan

Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati claims Leonardo disappointed the club by accepting the job to coach Inter in December.

Leonardo had spent 13 years at Milan as a player, director and tactician, but left at the end of last season after a fall out with Silvio Berlusconi.

Still, no one expected the former Brazil international to join rivals Inter and he is expected to get a warm reception in Saturday's eagerly anticipated Derby della Madonnina.

Speaking to Sky Italia, Abbiati said: “The fact that when he left he made us understand that he wouldn't be coaching the following year left me perplexed.

“I think his passage to Inter has disappointed many Milan fans. Some of my teammates were also hurt by the decision.”

Football-Italia.net

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 30 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #24

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I wonder what Gattuso will do if things start heating up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Remember the 0-4 thrashing 29-Aug-2009 ? Where Gattuso was given his marching orders, I hope Seedorf will be on the pitch with him.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 31 2011, 05:50 AM
Post #25

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I hope and pray that 5 match(?) ban knocked some sense into him. If he still hasn't realised how much of an embarassment he was that night...he should leave the team.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 31 2011, 07:30 AM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I don't care what Rino does anymore, so long as he doesn't put in a MotM performance for Inter like he did last season.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 31 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

So on here Leo's regarded as a 100% traitor.

Interesting.

I must admit it's tantamount to Ally McCoist taking over at Celtic as manager, but at the same time I remember reading on here that some folks almost understood Leo as it was a well paid coaching job and he'd been pretty poorly treated by us as manager.

Personally I see him as someone who saw a job and another chance to prove himself as manager - if it had been anyone else he'd still have taken the job.

But it was Inter, and he clearly decided he'd take the consequences and sour his legend at Milan - it obviously didn't mean enough to him in the first place.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 31 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #28

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Again, I had no problem with Leonardo taking the Inter job. He was deemed as inappropriate by Berlusconi last season, which made him resign. He saw the opportunity to prove his ex-boss wrong, and took it. Instead, it's everything that's come after which royally pisses me off. His interviews, his celebrations, as if he's never played/worked for Milan and he's been at Inter for years. Very un-classy.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 2 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 31 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Again, I had no problem with Leonardo taking the Inter job. He was deemed as inappropriate by Berlusconi last season, which made him resign. He saw the opportunity to prove his ex-boss wrong, and took it. Instead, it's everything that's come after which royally pisses me off. His interviews, his celebrations, as if he's never played/worked for Milan and he's been at Inter for years. Very un-classy.

I've not been privvy to any of this being in the UK as I am, I only get to see live matches and that's about it.

Truth is he's an Inter man now, and he cannot act in a way which in any way ingratiates him to us because we are the enemy now.

But I do understand your feelings - I never much liked Pedro Mendes at Ibrox for Rangers, and I was pleased to sell him, but then we played his new team Sporting in the Europa League and he celebrated a goal he scored against us as if we were Celtic - and I despised him for it.

+Quote Post

agenth
post Apr 2 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #30

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

I do not think you can compare Leo coaching Inter with Ancelotti coaching Juve.

Ancelotti coached Juve, but now he knows better. In his book he makes it clear that he wouldnt go back there as he doesnt like the juve fans

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:29 PM