> CL - Group Stage Day 1 - Milan - Auxerre, Date: 15/09/10 Time: 20:45 CET

Ry4n
post Sep 15 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #196

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:35 AM) *
Now they're saying Pato is also injured (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

was it me or was Pato in the first half playing way to deep i mean he was in there half but in the middle of the pitch...hes an amazing player but cant beat everyone shouldnt he have been further up the pitch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 15 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #197

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

The problem is not Rino. I'm not defending him, no way. He's old and not the guy he used to be. He's not in for discussion.

---------------------------------------------------------

I had no problem playing with Boateng in our midfield, but not before Ambrosini or Flamini. But since they were not available it's okay Allegri decided to let him in.

I was very curious to see how he's going to play, I saw he's physically good, better than all our midfielders. I saw some of his games before he camed in Milan. Ambrosini was playing as DM , or ball-winning CM, he got injured and Kevin was the best choice. This was a Champions Leauge game and I expected him to be more careful. The first thing he did was running in the attack like he was a striker. By doing that Pirlo was uncovered, left without options and like against Cesena he could easily be blocked. That was a schenario I didn't want to see again. But he did it and becouse of that Auxerre was getting a lot of opportunities and also Pirlo had to cover his space too.

It's not wise to let him play in first formation without Ambrosini or Flamini in formation too. Why ?

'Cos Inter and Real are not Auxerre and they can easly "eat" our midfield.

Ambrosini is my first choice for DM position. Flamini second (even he plays as CM), Strasser third...
Flamini/Boateng can play as box-to-box midfielder.
Pirlo our playmaker.

Boateng MOM ?

Give me a break, all he did is one assist if we can even call it an assist.

Ibra was the best thing on the pitch tonight. He was everywhere. He helped his team mates, sometimes he even went deep in the defence to help Nesta-Bonera.

His position in the pitch is VERY bad and he is selfish.

END of story.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Sep 15 2010, 11:36 PM

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Sep 16 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #198

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

Dude..but that's pretty much how a 433 formation is supposed to work,the formation isn't set up to babysit Pirlo and nor should it,if we want to provide adequate cover for him we should just go back to the Xmas tree or 4312,we'll win midfield 99% of the time but we're not doing that anymore.Also Ambro attacks just as much as Boateng does when he's supposedly playing DM,Lecce game he gets into the box numerous times to try to link up,the first goal was Ambro through ball to Pato,Ambro also missed from a Bonera cross near the penalty spot....So you have to understand there's really no "DM" role in this formation,we're already too static as you can see from our build up play more movement inbetween midfield and attack would be welcomed by me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The problem with the Cesena game Bonera and Gattuso were both attacking at the same time,that's what ultimately left Pirlo 1on1 most of the time,but today Zambrotta stayed back when he needed to cover the counter,while Boateng had time to run back and help.
Most of the danger came when we were just being sloppy and giving away possession in bad spots not really because we got caught out of position.We got caught out once from a corner i think or a freekick,but pretty sure it was a corner...

And Boateng's positioning wasn't THAT bad,it needs improving when he's pressing because they worked the ball around him a few times and he was trying to chase down the play but generally he won that midfield battle and he was in the right spot 9 times out of 10.

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Sep 16 2010, 12:18 AM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 16 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #199

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 15 2010, 11:08 PM) *
Dude..but that's pretty much how a 433 formation is supposed to work,the formation isn't set up to babysit Pirlo and nor should it,if we want to provide adequate cover for him we should just go back to the Xmas tree,we'll win midfield 99% of the time but we're not doing that anymore.Also Ambro attacks just as much as Boateng does when he's supposedly playing DM,Lecce game he gets into the box numerous times to try to link up,the first goal was Ambro through ball to Pato,Ambro also missed from a Bonera cross near the penalty spot....So you have to understand there's really no "DM" role in this formation,we're already too static as you can see from our build up play more movement inbetween midfield and attack would be welcomed by me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The problem with the Cesena game Bonera and Gattuso were both attacking at the same time,that's what ultimately left Pirlo 1on1 most of the time,but today Zambrotta stayed back when he needed to cover the counter,while Boateng had time to run back and help.
Most of the danger came when we were just being sloppy and giving away possession in bad spots not really because we got caught out of position.We got caught out once from a corner i think or a freekick,but pretty sure it was a corner...

And Boateng's positioning wasn't THAT bad,it needs improving when he's pressing because they worked the ball around him a few times and he was trying to chase down the play but generally he won that midfield battle and he was in the right spot 9 times out of 10.

In a 4-3-3 formation there is one box to box midfielder, one playmaker and one defensive midfielder. Take Barca as an example... Marcherano is the DM, Xavi the playmaker and Iniesta the btb midfielder.

We have the best creative player in the world but he is physically not very good. Of course you have to cover him.

Read this for our game against Cesena - http://acmilan.theoffside.com/champions-le...as-counter.html

It seams that we haven't see the same game tonight...

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 16 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #200

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

I can understand d'Arc's argument about Boateng's position / role on the pitch. I have to admit there were a few times when Pirlo was practically alone in the midfield as Boateng and Seedorf moved further up the pitch and that left a lot of space for Auxerre to go on counter. That being said, he played well today. I'm not sure what's the best midfield line-up we should put but if it were up to me (depending on the opposition & competition), It'd be Ambrosini-Pirlo-Seedorf or Flamini-Pirlo-Boateng or Strasser-Pirlo-Merkel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 16 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #201

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 16 2010, 12:34 AM) *
I can understand d'Arc's argument about Boateng's position / role on the pitch. I have to admit there were a few times when Pirlo was practically alone in the midfield as Boateng and Seedorf moved further up the pitch and that left a lot of space for Auxerre to go on counter. That being said, he played well today. I'm not sure what's the best midfield line-up we should put but if it were up to me (depending on the opposition & competition), It'd be Ambrosini-Pirlo-Seedorf or Flamini-Pirlo-Boateng or Strasser-Pirlo-Merkel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Thanks amancik

That's 'cos I care about our tactics and game more than about our results/goals/individual player apparences. This time might have worked but next time against stronger team we can easily fail and than we could have crisis...

Ambrosini-Pirlo-Flamini is the best combination we can make with our midfielders.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Sep 16 2010, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post

alskor
post Sep 16 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #202

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 7,642

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 15 2010, 07:22 PM) *
In a 4-3-3 formation there is one box to box midfielder, one playmaker and one defensive midfielder. Take Barca as an example... Marcherano is the DM, Xavi the playmaker and Iniesta the btb midfielder.

We have the best creative player in the world but he is physically not very good. Of course you have to cover him.

Yup... and not only that, but Mascherano is so good and so disruptive you can put him on an island. He doesn't need any help.

I agree with your general point... but with the age of our midfield and the lack of defensive abilities in our wings we're always going to be very open to a counter attack... and in that light, KPB's athleticism and speed really does help cover for Pirlo. Ambro-Pirlo-Flamini should probably be the first choice, sure... but I don't see KPB as much of a downgrade. I did say before the season that he might be best used as an hour mark sub to inject some life and energy into the midfield. The only combo that I don't think works is Gattuso and Ambro together with Pirlo. Too old, too slow, not enough defensive ability (they're all past their prime in that respect).

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 16 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #203

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (alskor @ Sep 16 2010, 12:56 AM) *
Yup... and not only that, but Mascherano is so good and so disruptive you can put him on an island. He doesn't need any help.

I agree with your general point... but with the age of our midfield and the lack of defensive abilities in our wings we're always going to be very open to a counter attack... and in that light, KPB's athleticism and speed really does help cover for Pirlo. Ambro-Pirlo-Flamini should probably be the first choice, sure... but I don't see KPB as much of a downgrade. I did say before the season that he might be best used as an hour mark sub to inject some life and energy into the midfield. The only combo that I don't think works is Gattuso and Ambro together with Pirlo. Too old, too slow, not enough defensive ability (they're all past their prime in that respect).

I wouldn't have a problem with him if we'd use his abilities on that.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 16 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #204

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 16 2010, 01:48 AM) *
Ambrosini-Pirlo-Flamini is the best combination we can make with our midfielders.

That midfield lacks a tad of creativity. Put Boateng instead of Ambro and we're fine.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 16 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #205

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2010, 01:27 AM) *
That midfield lacks a tad of creativity. Put Boateng instead of Ambro and we're fine.

Your midfield would not have a decent player who can defend. You'd be playing with 2 box to box midfielders (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 16 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #206

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

24 m well spent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Sep 16 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #207

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 15 2010, 03:12 PM) *
New Milan slowly taking over the reins from old Milan?

Meaning what?

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 16 2010, 05:30 AM
Post #208

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Allegri: 'We learned from mistakes'
Wednesday 15 September, 2010

Massimiliano Allegri conceded there’s a lot of work to do, but feels Milan “learned from the mistakes in Cesena.”

The Rossoneri beat Auxerre 2-0 with a Zlatan Ibrahimovic brace, but repeatedly risked a repeat of their 2-0 loss at Cesena in the first half.

“I liked the patience the team showed during this game,” the Coach told Sky Italia television.

“Auxerre worked very hard in the first half and we had a few chances to take the lead, also risking on the counter to go behind. It was identical to Cesena, but fortunately they got the final ball wrong.

“After we took the lead, the team played very well, even if in the last five minutes we should’ve kept the ball better.”

Kevin Prince Boateng made a very strong Champions League debut, though he only came on after 15 minutes because of Massimo Ambrosini’s injury.

“Boateng is a dynamic, strong player with great technique and he settled straight into the match. He’s young and therefore an important buy for Milan.”

Allegri conceded his side is still very open to the counter-attack with their 4-3-3 system. Some may say Milan improved with Robinho on for Alexandre Pato, as he’s more accustomed to staying out wide.

“It’s a mistake we made against Cesena too, as against sides that clam up we tend to all crowd together into the box and block the spaces. Robinho needs to work in order to find his fitness, but he is an excellent alternative to Pato.

“We’re still working hard on finding the balance of the side, especially as two new players arrived at the end. It’s very important that we had a great spirit of sacrifice from the wide men. With the technique we have at our disposal, with the right movement we can hurt anyone.

“The first half was not what we wanted, but it’s also true that against a side that presses high up the field like Auxerre it is going to be tough.

“We went behind against Cesena, but learned from those mistakes and this time had the patience to find a way through.”

Link: http://football-italia.net/sep15w.html

+Quote Post

alskor
post Sep 16 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #209

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 7,642

Wow... exactly what I wanted to hear. He's aware of the major problems and working to fix them. Like the progress I saw.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 16 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #210

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

^^ LOL!

All managers are at this level, most just don't come out in the press and declare it.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:23 PM