Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bee buys shares in Milan

Danny
post May 2 2015, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

The Thai businessman has announced that he has agreed to a deal in principle to buy a stake in the Rossoneri.

Bee Taechaubol has agreed to a deal in principle to buy a significant share in AC Milan.

The Thai businessman had been in talks this week with club president Silvio Berlusconi and has now reached an agreement with the Rossoneri's parent company, Fininvest.

A statement from the man commonly known as "Mr. Bee" on Saturday read:

"I am very much looking forward to being a part of AC Milan’s history. It is a legendary club with a huge following worldwide, including in my country. If you walk around the streets of Bangkok, you will see countless Rossonero shirts. To be a part of the club is an honour, and a dream come true.

“This is a sound investment, and I am looking forward to tremendous success on all fronts with AC Milan. Once we have concluded the deal, we will roll up our sleeves and get to work. The club is not where it should be: fighting for the Serie A title, and in the final stages of the Champions League.

"With hard work, dedicated management and wise investment I am confident we can bring back the glory and trophies that AC Milan fans expect.

“I’d like to thank everyone in Italy for the way we have been received: Mr. Berlusconi, his family, and the Fininvest team have all been very welcoming. I’d also like to thank the Italian journalists for their patience, and most of all, the AC Milan fans.

“Our financial partners are firmly behind us, and are looking forward to the conclusion of the deal. Doyen Sports has also been a great help, and having them as partners will undoubtedly be a major asset for us in the future. We look forward to providing more information in the coming days.”

It is not yet clear whether the purchase will see Taechaubol replace Berlusconi, who has been the owner of Milan since February 1986, as a majority shareholder.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 2 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Does not look like the deal has closed, yet. Also, I read that Berlu will retain 51% of Milan (source). If true, this is not good. IMHO, we really need to lose Galliani, and I fear that will not happen while Berlu is in charge.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 2 2015, 09:44 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Fininvest confirmed that they will remain majority shareholders.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 3 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Then what's the point?

Silvio still in charge means Galliani still running us into the ground. He's our biggest problem and not getting rid of him asap would be a major mistake.

And what is the gain for Bee here anyway? Owning a minority of the club doesn't seem like it's even worth it to spend all that money, especially money that's apparently not his

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 3 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2015, 08:12 AM) *
Then what's the point?

Silvio still in charge means Galliani still running us into the ground. He's our biggest problem and not getting rid of him asap would be a major mistake.

And what is the gain for Bee here anyway? Owning a minority of the club doesn't seem like it's even worth it to spend all that money, especially money that's apparently not his

Maybe it's temporary, with gradual purchases over the next few years. Who knows.

But at least we'll be getting some money and deals.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 3 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 10:33 AM) *
Maybe it's temporary, with gradual purchases over the next few years. Who knows.

But at least we'll be getting some money and deals.

Are we getting more money? Finnivest gets the money, and we are still stuck with Galliani ... (Not good, not good at all.)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 3 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #7

I wish Galliani would f*ck off as well, but let's be realistic, he's not the main problem. The lack of money is. I don't know what plans Fininvest and the new owners represented by Bee have, but it surely involves pumping fresh funds into the club one way or another. I think it will take some time before we can match the spending of most European clubs, but maybe some results will already show this summer. Hopefully.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 3 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 3 2015, 06:38 PM) *
Are we getting more money? Finnivest gets the money, and we are still stuck with Galliani ... (Not good, not good at all.)

This

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 06:50 PM) *
I wish Galliani would f*ck off as well, but let's be realistic, he's not the main problem. The lack of money is. I don't know what plans Fininvest and the new owners represented by Bee have, but it surely involves pumping fresh funds into the club one way or another. I think it will take some time before we can match the spending of most European clubs, but maybe some results will already show this summer. Hopefully.

I think Galliani IS the biggest problem we have. Yes, we've had lack of funds, but we did have SOME decent cash over the years, Galliani simply did his best to p!ss it away.

Some of the deals we've made for players are beyond ridiculous. If we want to go back to when his poor judgements and decision making started we'd have to go back to 2006. When he sold Sheva, replaced him with a ridiculously overpriced panic buy after wasting the entire summer and not strengthening the team. The CL in 07 "vindicated" him and made him feel even more proud of himself than we can probably even begin to imagine. After that, things spiralled dramatically, with the sale of every star player we had, the Pirlo situation, the long @ss, expensive contracts to senior players that were past their best. Giving players like Zaccardo and Co long and expensive contracts after specifically implementing the 1 year rule for players over 30, which was the prime reason as to why we lost Pirlo. Over paying for players who were past their best but we were mostly paying for their names, like Robinho, Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, etc. Not to mention they also had big contracts to go with. All the free agents... I mean, need I go on?

And all this without even getting into the coaching issues we've had since Carlo left

Also, I would like to add that many Clubs are run on "tighter" budgets. And they are run with those tighter budgets much more smartly than Milan.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 3 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2015, 08:00 PM) *
This

I think Galliani IS the biggest problem we have. Yes, we've had lack of funds, but we did have SOME decent cash over the years, Galliani simply did his best to p!ss it away.

Some of the deals we've made for players are beyond ridiculous. If we want to go back to when his poor judgements and decision making started we'd have to go back to 2006. When he sold Sheva, replaced him with a ridiculously overpriced panic buy after wasting the entire summer and not strengthening the team. The CL in 07 "vindicated" him and made him feel even more proud of himself than we can probably even begin to imagine. After that, things spiralled dramatically, with the sale of every star player we had, the Pirlo situation, the long @ss, expensive contracts to senior players that were past their best. Giving players like Zaccardo and Co long and expensive contracts after specifically implementing the 1 year rule for players over 30, which was the prime reason as to why we lost Pirlo. Over paying for players who were past their best but we were mostly paying for their names, like Robinho, Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, etc. Not to mention they also had big contracts to go with. All the free agents... I mean, need I go on?

And all this without even getting into the coaching issues we've had since Carlo left

Also, I would like to add that many Clubs are run on "tighter" budgets. And they are run with those tighter budgets much more smartly than Milan.

Agreed. Yes, we have money problems, but much of that is our own doing. Our revenues are higher than most other Serie A teams (I think only Juve rings in more money than us). So it is about how well the team is managed.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 3 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2015, 07:00 PM) *
This

He is a big problem, I never denied that, but not the main problem, which is the lack of funds. That is absolute. Yes, Galliani has fucked up many times in the past, but whenever he was given leeway he always managed to bring in the goods (Gilardino, Pato, Ronaldinho, Thiago Silva, Ibra, Robinho etc).

It's when he's left to deal with scraps that he starts inventing sh*t up, because his hands are tied and he has to make up for it somehow. And he's not the wisest of owls. The point is that even a fool can can stop acting like one with enough resources, and even someone like Galliani can make decent signings if the cash is available, which is what we desperately need right now.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 3 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 11:10 PM) *
He is a big problem, I never denied that, but not the main problem, which is the lack of funds. That is absolute. Yes, Galliani has fucked up many times in the past, but whenever he was given leeway he always managed to bring in the goods (Gilardino, Pato, Ronaldinho, Thiago Silva, Ibra, Robinho etc).

It's when he's left to deal with scraps that he starts inventing sh*t up, because his hands are tied and he has to make up for it somehow. And he's not the wisest of owls. The point is that even a fool can can stop acting like one with enough resources, and even someone like Galliani can make decent signings if the cash is available, which is what we desperately need right now.

Disagree. The main problem is management, not money. True, we do not have money to spend. Why?

R7 has done a great job at educating everyone on this forum about FFP. As I see it, the net of FFP is that teams with higher revenue inherently have the advantage (assuming, of course, that they manage expenses reasonably well). I have not looked at recent financials, but I believe Milan is up there in Serie A in terms of revenue (I would guess that we are second only to Juve). So why are we 10th in the league? Why do we routinely lose to (or tie) teams that should have less money than us?

If the problem is not revenue, then it has to be expenses. And who is responsible for our expenses? Hmm. I have heard it said that FFP put us at a disadvantage because we were not in a position to react quickly. Maybe, but this feels like a lame excuse to me. FFP is ancient news by now. Other teams have gotten through a lot more in less time (think Roma). And other teams with a high cost structure have found ways to reduce that drastically (think Inter). And it is not as if we have not gotten rid of key players to reduce our expenses (think Ibra and Silva). So why are our expenses still too high, when we are clearly not investing in quality players? Could it be that we are spending way too much on mediocre players? If so, who is responsible for that?

I have heard it said that we have been investing in youth and we all need to have a little patience. I would like to believe we really have some sort of "grand plan", but I just don't buy it. Rather, it feels like we are making random decisions that do not make a lot of sense. And the net effect is that we keep sinking, both financially and in terms of results on the field.

Yes, we have a money problem, but IMHO this is mostly the result of questionable decisions made by ... management.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 4 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #12

Again, I'm not denying any of that. I'm one of the fiercest critics of Galliani and this management here. What I'm saying is that right now the main issue is to get backed financially by new investors, since we are in the position we find ourselves nowadays. We are finally heading towards a new direction, with a minority sale and a new stadium under way. Would I want Galliani and his cronies to be a part of this future Milan? Hell no, but all that matters to me right now is that the deal is finalized and we start seeing some changes, be it with or without Galliani, for the time being.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 4 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Agreed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 4 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2015, 10:10 PM) *

I think this is a case of who came first, the chicken or the egg. At the heart of it we're talking about the same thing. Just if Galliani or him not having enough money is the problem. I still say Galliani is bigger than the money issue. Let's not forget Galliani is a big reason why we're in such a financial crises to begin with his gross mismanagement of financials is the problem here. It is why we have a lack of funds now. And last I checked we ended this last fiscal year with 90m in the red (I'll try to find the article). I mean, how is this possible FFS?

Yes, when he has money to splurge he can close a deal. Any idiot could. But are those deals he's making smart ones? That's a whole other ball game right there

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 3 2015, 11:33 PM) *
Disagree. The main problem is management, not money. True, we do not have money to spend. Why?

R7 has done a great job at educating everyone on this forum about FFP. As I see it, the net of FFP is that teams with higher revenue inherently have the advantage (assuming, of course, that they manage expenses reasonably well). I have not looked at recent financials, but I believe Milan is up there in Serie A in terms of revenue (I would guess that we are second only to Juve). So why are we 10th in the league? Why do we routinely lose to (or tie) teams that should have less money than us?

If the problem is not revenue, then it has to be expenses. And who is responsible for our expenses? Hmm. I have heard it said that FFP put us at a disadvantage because we were not in a position to react quickly. Maybe, but this feels like a lame excuse to me. FFP is ancient news by now. Other teams have gotten through a lot more in less time (think Roma). And other teams with a high cost structure have found ways to reduce that drastically (think Inter). And it is not as if we have not gotten rid of key players to reduce our expenses (think Ibra and Silva). So why are our expenses still too high, when we are clearly not investing in quality players? Could it be that we are spending way too much on mediocre players? If so, who is responsible for that?

I have heard it said that we have been investing in youth and we all need to have a little patience. I would like to believe we really have some sort of "grand plan", but I just don't buy it. Rather, it feels like we are making random decisions that do not make a lot of sense. And the net effect is that we keep sinking, both financially and in terms of results on the field.

Yes, we have a money problem, but IMHO this is mostly the result of questionable decisions made by ... management.

Agreed

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 4 2015, 12:17 AM) *
Again, I'm not denying any of that. I'm one of the fiercest critics of Galliani and this management here. What I'm saying is that right now the main issue is to get backed financially by new investors, since we are in the position we find ourselves nowadays. We are finally heading towards a new direction, with a minority sale and a new stadium under way. Would I want Galliani and his cronies to be a part of this future Milan? Hell no, but all that matters to me right now is that the deal is finalized and we start seeing some changes, be it with or without Galliani, for the time being.

The question you have to ask yourself is. If we were to get that cash injection you're talking about, would you trust it in Galliani's hands?

Because personally, I wouldn't and that's what I mean when I say HE is the biggest problem for us right now

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 4 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #15

For the time being, I don't care. Galliani is not my main concern. Changing ownership is.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:35 AM