> Milan-Genoa -- 28.01.09, Giornata 20

acid911
post Jan 27 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #31

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 27 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Pato showed his worth and what he can do in this period. if Carlo all of a sudden benches him then he's officially... . [reserving the proper adjective in case it did happen!]

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) But Borriello deserves a chance, ZD. Somebody's gotta suffer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #32

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I think we may see an end to the hated Xmas tree formation if/when Borriello returns. The one to go would be a DM.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 27 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #33

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 27 2009, 07:41 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) But Borriello deserves a chance, ZD. Somebody's gotta suffer.

I didn't say he doesn't. but is benching Pato who has been in great form and is improving game by game the right thing to do? wouldn't that destroy every bit of confidence he's gained recently?

It's time Carlo changed the way Milan plays once and for all.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #34

Token Girl
Group Icon

I think that's what he'll do, zeddie. Maybe I've had too many Fishdoll-cookies, but Carletto's been askign for a strong center forward (like Borriello) for a couple of years. A Borriello-Pato attack force with Kaka playing just behind 'em? Scary. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And yes, this would mean one of the beloved DMs would have to be sacrificed and I wouldn't mind it one bit.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 27 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #35

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 07:48 PM) *
I think that's what he'll do, zeddie. Maybe I've had too many Fishdoll-cookies, but Carletto's been askign for a strong center forward (like Borriello) for a couple of years. A Borriello-Pato attack force with Kaka playing just behind 'em? Scary. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And yes, this would mean one of the beloved DMs would have to be sacrificed and I wouldn't mind it one bit.

The problem is not [probably] that Carlo loves Xmas tree to death. the problem is the midfield. Beckham, Pirlo, Seedorf, Dinho, Ambrosini, Flamini, etc. how on earth is Carlo going to choose only 3 of them when, on Sunday nights, he has to field both Dinho and Beckham so Silvio is amused?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) the only choice he has is to use one less attacker/one more midfielder.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Jan 27 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,128

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 27 2009, 04:11 PM) *

No one has to suffer at all...There's what they call rotation...Everyone can be rotated..benitez does it, Guardiola does it, ferguson does it...why can't carlo do it!!! its very possible...

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 27 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #37

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 27 2009, 08:16 PM) *
I didn't say he doesn't. but is benching Pato who has been in great form and is improving game by game the right thing to do? wouldn't that destroy every bit of confidence he's gained recently?

I was being sarcastic, ZD. I hate it when I leave a sarcastic comment and people don't understand it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) My initial point was why bench anyone? Why can't they all play, why can't Carlo rotate players based on opposition and game tactics? Play a 2 striker attack, sometime, play Inzaghi/Sheva with either Pato/Borriello once a while.

Keep everyone happy, keep everyone fresh!

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jan 27 2009, 08:37 PM) *
No one has to suffer at all...There's what they call rotation...Everyone can be rotated..benitez does it, Guardiola does it, ferguson does it...why can't carlo do it!!! its very possible...

You read my mind, Kenny. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) That's what I was trying to say the first time around, but it was lost in sarcasm. We suffered with a lot of youngsters this way, when someone older was preferred to them. Rotation is key. No one deserves a guaran-damn-teed starting place, in all matches. And even if they did, it's good to give players a rest. Alternate with the squad. Pato plays great one match, let him strategically rest for another, and then bring him back in the next one.

No one suffers, no one gets injured, no one get's hurt. Everyone's happy.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 08:11 PM) *
I think we may see an end to the hated Xmas tree formation if/when Borriello returns. The one to go would be a DM.

I'd be all for it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Let's wait and see what happens.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #38

Token Girl
Group Icon

Much to my surprise, ESPN has a halfway decen preview of the game. Here it is.

AC Milan v Genoa: Preview
Team Stat Comparison
AC Milan Genoa
Matches Played 19 19
Table Position 3 4
Points 37 35
Goal Difference 11 12
Goals for * 2.0 0.9
Goals against * 0.5 1.1
Last 5 W-W-D-W-L D-W-W-W-D
Last 5 home W-W-W-W-W D-W-D-D-W
Last 5 away W-D-L-L-D W-W-W-D-L
* Goals per match - home matches for home club and away matches for away club
· Club Stats: AC Milan | Genoa

Competition Stats
AC Milan Genoa
Goals Kaká 9 Alberto Diego Milito 13
Reds Gianluca Zambrotta 1 Sokratis Papastrathopoulos 1
Yellows Marek Jankulovski 6 Thiago Motta 6
· Club Rosters : AC Milan | Genoa

Last Five Matches in Competition
AC Milan Genoa
@Bologna 1-4 Catania 1-1
Fiorentina 1-0 @Lecce 0-2
@AS Roma 2-2 Torino 3-0
Udinese 5-1 @Chievo Verona 0-1
@Juventus 4-2 Atalanta 1-1
· Club Results: AC Milan | Genoa

Next Five Matches in Competition
AC Milan Genoa
1/28 Genoa 1/28 @AC Milan
2/1 @Lazio 2/1 Palermo
2/7 Reggina 2/8 @AS Roma
2/15 @Internazionale 2/15 Fiorentina
2/22 Cagliari 2/22 @Napoli
· Club Schedule: AC Milan | Genoa
Updated: January 27, 2009, 9:16 AM ET

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti is pleased with the Rossoneri's current form ahead of their home tie with high-flying Genoa tomorrow evening.
The Diavolo, currently in third place and six points behind Serie A leaders Inter Milan, thrashed Bologna 4-1 last weekend and will be aiming for a third consecutive win.

"We are in good shape and if we can continue like this we will be able to obtain great success,'' Ancelotti, who notched up his 400th match at the Rossoneri helm in the last round of matches, told the Milan Channel.

"At Bologna we played a good game, which in turn has given us enthusiasm and confidence for the next few rounds.

"The sensation amongst the players is good and we are hoping this positive spell lasts a long time. On Sunday we demonstrated that we are in form and can do some real damage,'' he warned before focusing on tomorrow's opponents.

"In the reverse fixture against us, Genoa demonstrated to be a strong and competitive side that in the arc of the first part of the season has remained as such.

"They are a dynamic side with players that run a lot and make use of the wings. We must be wary of their dynamism when they have the initiative.

"However, the Milan side will definitely be different to the one at the Marassi. We want to up the tempo and improve our position in the table.''

Ancelotti looks set to make a couple of changes to the side that won at Bologna.

Left-back Marek Jankulovski returns from suspension and will replace Giuseppe Favalli while Ronaldinho is expected to take over from Clarence Seedorf.

Daniele Bonera, Marco Borriello, Emerson, Gennaro Gattuso, Kakha Kaladze and Alessandro Nesta are all unavailable through injury.

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi has called on his side to play at the San Siro without any fear.

The Grifone are in good form and currently occupy fourth place having collected an impressive 36 points so far.

"We are hoping to gain another positive result against Milan,'' Preziosi told the official club website, www.genoacfc.it.

"Milan are stuffed full of champions, some of whom are real phenomena, but allow me to add that this Genoa side is not easy for anyone to confront.

"We will need to be cynical and make the most of any opportunities that come our way. We will play our cards without the worries that come with being obliged to gain a result. With a free mind we will be free to have a go,'' he concluded.

Rossoblu coach Gian Piero Gasperini is expected to make a number of changes to the side that was held 1-1 at home by Catania on Sunday.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos will take over from the suspended Matteo Ferrari in defence while fellow defender Salvatore Bocchetti will start on the bench.

The versatile Domenico Criscito will drop back into the defence with Ivan Juric joining the midfield.

Marco Rossi will take over from Giandomenico Mesto while striker Diego Milito could start on the bench with Ruben Olivera his replacement.

Andrea Gasbarroni, Raffaele Palladino, Matteo Paro, Alessandro Potenza and Alessio Scarpi remain in the Grifone treatment room.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #39

Token Girl
Group Icon

Here are the call ups (from acmilan.com's italian page):
Abbiati, Dida
Antonini, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta
Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo
Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Jan 27 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti spoke exclusively to Milan Channel before the press conference on the eve of Milan-Genoa, scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday January 28th, at San Siro. Hereunder are his declarations.

"At Bologna we played a nice game, which gave us enthusiasm and trust for the next games. The sensations inside the squad are very good and we hope to make this positive period last longer. We're fine and this state of things can improve further. On Sunday we proved that if we're in form and lively, we can do very well. Also, there wasn't the great waste of energy, a bit because we played with a man more and a bit because we wanted to contain the rhythm: this way there will not be problems of recovery for those who went on the pitch two days ago. However, I will evaluate after the training sessions, I don't exclude that there could be some change to the formation that went on the pitch at Bologna.

"Against us, in the first leg, Genoa proved to be a strong team, competitive and managed to maintain these things during the first part of the season. It's a very dynamic squad, with player who run, come back quickly and take advantage of the wings. We shall have to be careful about their dynamism in counter attacking. Milito is a very good attacker. Thiago Motta is very good in the defensive phase, but also when coming forward and in the air. He was said to be finished, but instead he found new force. However, it will surely be a differnet Milan than the one at Marassi: we want to increase the rythm and improve our position in the standings."

On Ronaldinho: "It's not essential that he has a very good athletic condition, all he needs is just one good one to outweigh it with his technical ability and moves. However it's not like he's not feeling good: it's a moment like this, he will soon find back his form and high spirit."

On the 400 benches with the Rossoneri: "It's already a reward for me to have them direct more or less with the same players, who have always accepted all of my decisions with seriousness, serenity and availability. With the current times, it's not a little thing..."

Gazzeta's probable lineup: Abbiati, Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini, Jankulovski, Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato

As for the talk about Borriello returning, I'd love to see a lineup like this in a couple weeks:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Kaka
Pato Borriello

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Jan 27 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #41

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (Darunia @ Jan 27 2009, 05:17 PM) *
Gazzeta's probable lineup: Abbiati, Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini, Jankulovski, Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato

As for the talk about Borriello returning, I'd love to see a lineup like this in a couple weeks:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Kaka
Pato Borriello

Boriello is not going to play, he have reinjured in the practice today! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #42

Token Girl
Group Icon

An Italian friend of mine thinks it's divine providence, giving Pato time to QUACK QUACK his way to the capocannoniere title. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (Another wants to send Borriello off to Lourdes for a miracle cure.)

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Jan 27 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #43

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ Jan 28 2009, 06:43 AM) *
Boriello is not going to play, he have reinjured in the practice today! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

WoW

that guy has some pretty bad luck @ Milan

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 27 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #44

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Well, anyone who thought he was going to return and be a barnburner after scoring nineteen for midpack Genoa last season was pretty delusional to begin with. He's not star material and never will be.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 27 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #45

Berretti

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 28 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Well, anyone who thought he was going to return and be a barnburner after scoring nineteen for midpack Genoa last season was pretty delusional to begin with. He's not star material and never will be.

+100,000. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I used to like Bori, but maybe, just maybe he doesn't belong here.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:21 PM