han2503
post Jan 10 2015, 10:17 AM
Post #421

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 10 2015, 12:17 AM) *
As I've said before, if he renews his deal he loses out on Man Utd, and they're willing to pay 10M now and pay him about 4M Euros a year. Basically he either goes now and we get a sizeable sum for him, or he leaves for free this summer.

Absolutely no way he'll sign a new deal IMO. He's given us fierce loyalty and 2+ excellent years. We're not going to make CL, probably won't make UEL either. He can leave with my blessing as he's wasted at a midtable Club.

PS I'd be overjoyed if he stayed, but I'm saying I won't begrudge him leaving.

10m for De Jong though... It would be a blow for us as he's one of our most valuable assets. To lose him for so little would be a slap in the face and another showpiece of how this management simply does not plan anything with any sort of intelligence but just fly by the seat of their pants.

They should have offered him an extension a while ago. Letting contracts run down to the wire like they're doing is just asking for it.

If they knew De Jong was reluctant to renew why didn't they just sell him for a better price in the summer? Man Utd were throwing money around like it was going out of style and they were very interested in him then. Why insist on holding onto him when we were either going to lose him for peanuts or nothing at all just a few months later? Just absolutely baffling how this club is being run atm.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 10 2015, 10:22 AM
Post #422

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

If we sign Witsel then we can just play Monto as anchor with the former and Bonaventura in midfield.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 10 2015, 10:44 AM
Post #423

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Roma are reconsidering to accept Pazzini as a part of the deal for Destro, but he wants an 18-month contract instead of just 6 months.

source: milanello/twitter

+Quote Post

ganney
post Jan 10 2015, 11:59 AM
Post #424

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 6,656

we've not had much luck with strikers like destro. i'd rather do a niang/muriel deal- part exchange/loan/swap with udinese and find a taker for Pazzo as i'm sure sampdoria and the likes would jump at a chance to take him.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 10 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #425

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2015, 09:22 AM) *
If we sign Witsel then we can just play Monto as anchor with the former and Bonaventura in midfield.

You seem quite fixated on Monto as an enforcer. I'm not sure I can see him filling that role. Best case scenario:

De Jong, Witsel, Monto/Bona.

What makes you so sure Monto can fill the DM role?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 10 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #426

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 10 2015, 09:17 AM) *
10m for De Jong though... It would be a blow for us as he's one of our most valuable assets. To lose him for so little would be a slap in the face and another showpiece of how this management simply does not plan anything with any sort of intelligence but just fly by the seat of their pants.

They should have offered him an extension a while ago. Letting contracts run down to the wire like they're doing is just asking for it.

If they knew De Jong was reluctant to renew why didn't they just sell him for a better price in the summer? Man Utd were throwing money around like it was going out of style and they were very interested in him then. Why insist on holding onto him when we were either going to lose him for peanuts or nothing at all just a few months later? Just absolutely baffling how this club is being run atm.

De Jong isn't worth a lot more than 10M in truth. Thanks to his age. Remember he's 30, and name a player 30+ who goes for the crazy sums we see in football today? Alonso, widly regarded as one of the very best only cost Bayern like 3M or so.

And of course he's out of contract this summer so if we got offered 10M I'd take it and run. Either that or get him to extend.

But we did get Abate to agree an extension so it's not all lost.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 10 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #427

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 10 2015, 12:40 PM) *
You seem quite fixated on Monto as an enforcer. I'm not sure I can see him filling that role. Best case scenario:

De Jong, Witsel, Monto/Bona.

What makes you so sure Monto can fill the DM role?

He played often as anchor in 11/12 when De Jong was injured, and he pulled off some great performances. Also, given his characteristics, I see him better in that position. For a CM he's too slow and for a creator he's very limited.

By the way, I just noticed that Luiz Adriano's contract ends in June. How come Galliani hasn't leashed on him yet?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 10 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #428

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2015, 12:50 PM) *
He played often as anchor in 11/12 when De Jong was injured, and he pulled off some great performances. Also, given his characteristics, I see him better in that position. For a CM he's too slow and for a creator he's very limited.

He doesn't seem strong enough or willing enough to get right stuck in. And up till Sassuolo he had actually been playing very well in the regista role he's more known for. Maybe not incredible with assist after assist, but in that position he's the best we have if Bona is to remain up front.

By the way, I just noticed that Luiz Adriano's contract ends in June. How come Galliani hasn't leashed on him yet?

I think Galliani is putting all our eggs in the Destro basket. And that deal is quite advanced now, depending on Pazzo.

I'd be delighted with either he or Adriano though.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 11 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #429

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Milan Channel have confirmed that Suso will undergo the medicals on Monday, but he won't join Milan until the summer.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 11 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #430

Allievi Nazionali

Yeah that story was basically confirmed on Friday.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 11 2015, 02:25 PM
Post #431

The Corriere dello Sport claims Milan will offer Stephan El Shaarawy to Roma in exchange for Mattia Destro.

The Rossoneri are pushing hard for Destro, said to be a favourite of President Silvio Berlusconi.

According to recent reports, they had been prepared to offer €1m for a six-month loan, plus an option to buy at the end of the season for another €20m.

However, today’s edition of the Corriere dello Sport insists El Shaarawy could be proposed in a straight swap.

The Little Pharaoh has struggled to find his form after lengthy injury problems and was dropped for last night’s 1-1 draw with Torino in favour of M’Baye Niang.

There is an intriguing theory put forward by Luciano Moggi for Tuttomercatoweb, as he claims Milan are fuelling discussion of Destro so that they can work behind the scenes on Daniel Osvaldo.

He is an outcast at Inter after attempting to attack teammate Mauro Icardi and hurling abuse at Coach Roberto Mancini during a 1-1 draw with Juventus on Tuesday.

Osvaldo has also been linked with Cagliari, Torino and Boca Juniors, but would prefer a more prestigious option like Milan.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 11 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #432

Allievi Nazionali

Yes, that was all over Twitter yesterday. We can't get rid of Stephen El-Shitto quick enough tbh.

As for Osvaldo, not good enough. Absolutely not good enough. As close to the definition of 'journeyman striker' as you'll ever see.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 11 2015, 02:35 PM
Post #433

If we can make that swap happen, and then sign Witsel, we'd have a competent enough team to fight for the 3rd place. Pippo wouldn't have any more excuses.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 11 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #434

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 11 2015, 01:35 PM) *
If we can make that swap happen, and then sign Witsel, we'd have a competent enough team to fight for the 3rd place. Pippo wouldn't have any more excuses.

He'd still start Muntari and keep rotating everything till we got motion sickness.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jan 11 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #435

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I wouldn't like to let SES go, especially for Destro. I'd give him more time to adjust and get more confidence.

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:41 PM