> Serie A - Week 2 - Milan - Lazio, Date: 09/09/11 Time: 20:45 CET

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Have you seen Ambro playing this pre-season?

Well, aren't you always telling that pre-season matches don't mean much?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Either way, Ambro should only be used as Van Bommel's sub, just like Gattuso should only be used as Nocerino's sub.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 5 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Well, aren't you always telling that pre-season matches don't mean much?

Sure, but him hacking down players without a thought has nothing to do with match fitness or the lack-there-of at that point.

But we'll see hopefully neither him nor Rino have much time on the pitch this season

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #34

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 5 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Sure, but him hacking down players without a thought has nothing to do with match fitness or the lack-there-of at that point.

But we'll see hopefully neither him nor Rino have much time on the pitch this season

One name: Flamini.

You criticize Ambro for what's been Flam's trademark so far. But yes, X-O's right; Nocerino should start, along with Aquilani, Boateng/Seedorf and VB.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 5 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2011, 08:56 PM) *
One name: Flamini.

You criticize Ambro for what's been Flam's trademark so far. But yes, X-O's right; Nocerino should start, along with Aquilani, Boateng/Seedorf and VB.

Yes Flamini is reckless, I never said anything to contradict that. But it's not as bad as I've seen with Ambro lately, where he can't catch up so he simply goes through the player.

Flamini usually does it in spurts where he's having a really good game and suddenly for no apparent reason decides to throw in a few crunching tackles

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

Naah, Ambro is simply better. It may be just a pre-season unfitness. But we'll see soon enough.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #37

Honestly, I don't remember Ambro being so reckless and hacking people down.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #38

Primavera
Group Icon

Han's a fan, he knows better for sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Sep 6 2011, 03:38 AM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 5 2011, 03:20 PM) *
Have you seen Ambro playing this pre-season?

His only solution seems to be to hack down players. He's still better then Rino these days, but even without watching Nocerino playing for us, I'm pretty sure that he's behind VB on the scale.

Amen brother,
Some people chose to look only at players' careers like that means they won't get severely outclassed on matchday.
Nocerino IS our second best DM without a doubt, that isn't a complement to someone who probably doesn't know what number he's wearing yet, just an observation of the people competing for his minutes.

Nocerino > Ambro + Rino
It is what it is...

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Sep 6 2011, 03:43 AM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2011, 05:17 PM) *
Naah, Ambro is simply better.

(IMG:http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/7864646.jpg)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 6 2011, 03:54 AM
Post #41

I think Ambro has, is and will always be better than Flamini. However, at 34, I would like to see him only played as anchor, the position Van Bommel currently occupies. He doesn't have what it takes anymore to be used as box-to-box mid. That's why I said he should only be used as Van Bommel's substitute.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2011, 10:17 PM) *
Naah, Ambro is simply better. It may be just a pre-season unfitness. But we'll see soon enough.

Better then Flamini? Maybe 5 years ago, but definately not now, no matter how many fouls Flamini commits.

Ambro atm, is better then Rino, yes, but really. Does that say a lot at this point when Rino is dropping to the Bonera, Oddo list of our worst players?

Imo, both should have retired last season as winners.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2011, 11:16 PM) *
Honestly, I don't remember Ambro being so reckless and hacking people down.

There were 2 friendlies where I clearly remember even his biggest backers saying, "OMG, get him off!! What is he doing!!!?"

I'll go through the pre-season match thread to see which friendlies they were

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2011, 11:23 PM) *
Han's a fan, he knows better for sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

You know it!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 6 2011, 03:54 AM) *
I think Ambro has, is and will always be better than Flamini. However, at 34, I would like to see him only played as anchor, the position Van Bommel currently occupies. He doesn't have what it takes anymore to be used as box-to-box mid. That's why I said he should only be used as Van Bommel's substitute.

Not currently, and imo they're completely different players, I'd catagorize Flamini as a Rino type DM more then Ambro. They really have nothing to do with each other as Ambro should only play the holding role when VB is injured or rested while Flamini should contest for the right side with Nocerino and Rino

And did he ever really have what it takes to play as box-to-box? I remember the head slap moments he used to have when he played that under Carlo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 6 2011, 03:42 PM
Post #43

Primavera
Group Icon

And did he ever really have what it takes to play as box-to-box? I remember the head slap moments he used to have when he played that under Carlo rolleyes.gif

He did. You're being biased here, because when Flamini makes a mistake you tend to look the other way and put it under the carpet, while at the same time bringing up things that Ambro did once years ago. Nowadays, yes, as X-O said, Ambro isn't that good any more, but years ago, he was undesputable IMO.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 6 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Sep 6 2011, 04:43 AM) *

What's you problem pal?

Amen brother,
Some people chose to look only at players' careers like that means they won't get severely outclassed on matchday.
Nocerino IS our second best DM without a doubt, that isn't a complement to someone who probably doesn't know what number he's wearing yet, just an observation of the people competing for his minutes.

Nocerino > Ambro + Rino
It is what it is...

Your logic has flaws comparable to a tasty swiss cheese. Yes, past records, achievements and career stats, even past highs aren't important or the crucial indicator. But age sure isn't as well the crucial indicator. Because how can you rate Nocerino whe he didn't even play for Milan yet? Don't tell me every Italian or Palermo midfieder avaible is better then Ambrosini, because this simply isn't true. We must test Nocerino first. Your own opinion on Nocerino is as based on history and past achievements, as you criticized mine regarding to Ambro. Think about it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 6 2011, 02:42 PM) *
He did. You're being biased here, because when Flamini makes a mistake you tend to look the other way and put it under the carpet, while at the same time bringing up things that Ambro did once years ago. Nowadays, yes, as X-O said, Ambro isn't that good any more, but years ago, he was undesputable IMO.

Come on man, Ambro wasn't even a starter for the majority of Carlo's reign. And when I talk about that, I mean Carlo's best years, when we had arguably the best team in Europe. Ambro was a rotation player. I never said he was bad or anything of the sort, but he wasn't even our best DM during his peak years.

Ambro imo, had his best moments under Leo when he was allowed to play in his actual position, but then he got burned out because our squad was paper thin and was played basically every 3 days and he never really recovered that form last season, especially after VB came along and made the position his own.

But come on Ambro is no box-to-box, have we forgotten him trying to bomb forward from the left and then getting stuck so he either shoots the ball at the stands or crosses to the other side of the pitch.

As for Flamini, I know what his flaws are, and he's by no means a favourite of mine, I just think he gets slagged a lot here, and it's mostly down to the money he earns, so I feel compelled to defend him. It's not like I'm going to cry if he leaves next season, I just think he'd be a good squad player to keep at a much lower wage of course. Certainly better then giving either Rino or Ambro another extension

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:28 AM