> Henry slams Dein exit amid transfer talk

Warchant
post Jun 7 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

Speculation over the future of Thierry Henry will intensify after he slammed the exit of vice chairman David Dein, saying it 'wasn't a clever move' and he was 'devastated', while admitting he is flattered to be linked with a move to the likes of AC Milan.

In an exclusive interview with ESPNSoccernet Press Pass, the Arsenal skipper discussed his future at the Emirates amid talk of a move and bemoaned the loss of a man who, in tandem with manager Arsene Wenger, had been central to the Gunners success.

Dein left Arsenal earlier this year due to unreconcilable differences with the rest of the board, believed to surround the proposed investment from American businessman Stan Kroenke.

Henry was in no doubt about the effect of Dein's departure when pressed on his future following recent newspaper stories in which Carlo Ancelotti confirmed his interest.

Henry told ESPNSoccernet Press Pass: 'It's great to hear [being linked to AC Milan]. How can you not think that? On the other side as I said to you, and so many times at the moment, I'm an Arsenal player.

'Everybody knows that a lot of stuff happened at the club recently that wasn't supposed to happen. In terms of the departure of Mr Dein, the bosses have been unsettled and a lot of players have been unsettled in the club. So the only thing I can tell you is right now I'm an Arsenal player but hearing that is nice to hear, I can't deny it.

The Gunners' record goalscorer did not hide his disappointment at Dein's exit. He said: 'I was devastated. Everybody who knows Mr Dein, we know that the guy loves football. He knew everybody at the stadium, the name of everybody and I mean everybody at the club, whether you play for the youth team or you clean the dressing room - he knew everybody.

'He's the type of guy who used to turn up raining, snowing, windy, to watch the under-17s, the under-19s, the reserves - everybody - on his own at the training ground and one person that I wouldn't have liked to leave the board, would have been Mr Dein.

'But it's out of my hands, I'm not up there. I don't know what happened, and I don't want to know what happened.'

Henry's respect for Dein was further underlined by his opinion that he, with Wenger, has made Arsenal the club it is today.

'What I'm saying to you is that Arsene and Mr Dein, although no one is bigger than the club, are really close to being Arsenal,' Henry added in his interview with ESPNSoccernet Press Pass. ' If you ask me, they're the two people for me who come really close to ever one day saying it.

'But I would like to say that whatever happened, Mr Dein leaving wasn't a clever move.

'So far I'm here, talking to you, about a thing that happened that I didn't agree with but sometimes that's just the way it is. It happened, and we have to move on.'

Despite Henry's future in north London being in doubt, he sees the signs of recovery for an Arsenal side which has been off the pace in the Premiership in recent seasons.

'The potential is definitely there,' he told ESPNSoccernet Press Pass. 'The signs are definitely there. So now let's hope we can put that all together and bring back some silverware. Man United didn't win the league for three years and finally they did it - who would have said that 10 years ago? So things happen sometimes, you have to keep going and make sure you can be better and have a great season next season.'

Henry also admitted that the move to the Emirates made it difficult to compete: 'At the end of the day, everybody knows all of our resources went into building the new stadium. Therefore, you have to deal with what you have. So that's why I would like to give credit to some of the youngsters. Maybe if we don't have a new stadium, we would have done better and maybe have more players, I don't know.

'Sometimes you can't invent something that you don't have or create something that you don't have, so you have to deal with what you have. We're still playing good football, ok, not winning anything at the moment but you know, you have to give us that at least.'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 7 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

He wants us (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 7 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Barcelona is waiting for you. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 7 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Henry will be a Milan player next season. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 7 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Henry will end up in Barca .. R10's sale is this summer (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 8 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 7 2007, 04:45 PM)
Henry will end up in Barca .. R10's sale is this summer (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I promise you that there is NO way that is happening.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 8 2007, 05:38 AM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

Too soon to speak, he is moving for sure but to where? Thats unsure. Although this is probably who carlo was talking about when he said chaos would happen if he revealed the name, and indeed it would happen. The English media would be writing non-stop for days and with a lot of criticism because they despise Italian clubs. I would rather have Eto than him either way.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 8 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #10

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 8 2007, 04:38 AM)
The English media would be writing non-stop for days and with a lot of criticism because they despise Italian clubs. 

Very true. Even though the only non-English club in the last 4 won it, yeah great success that is for England (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 8 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

So Max was right.... Interesting... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jun 8 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

Common, hes said like 3000 times that he's staying.
But the media need to hit their deadlines so they won't listen.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 8 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 8 2007, 11:44 AM)
Common, hes said like 3000 times that he's staying.
But the media need to hit their deadlines so they won't listen.

Yeah, I get what you're saying it's probably like the Kaka Real situation we have, but it is slightly different.

I personally think that Henry will be leaving Aresenal in the summer. Now whether it's to Barca or someone else is unknown, but chances are that he is more likely to leave then to stay.

And imo it would be better for Arsenal if they cashed in on him now while his name is big enough to command a huge transfer fee but also while he is getting more injury prone and older

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 8 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 8 2007, 12:48 PM)
I personally think that Henry will be leaving Aresenal in the summer. Now whether it's to Barca or someone else is unknown, but chances are that he is more likely to leave then to stay.

Henry want`s success, right or wrong?

If he has even a tiny drop of brain, he will choose Milan, cause what we have here is a 99,9% chance of success. With Barca you never know,...they are pretty much the same as Arsenal, but at least they are winning from time to time. Nah...

Also, he failed once in Italy. It was Carlitos mistake...now, they both are famous and have a pretty strong motive.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 8 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Milan link pleases Henry
Friday 8 June, 2007
Arsenal hitman Thierry Henry has admitted that he is pleased to be of interest to Champions League winners Milan.

The Gunners’ captain has been linked with a move to the San Siro after Coach Carlo Ancelotti admitted that the striker was among the players the Rossoneri were following.

“That is great to hear,” said Henry to The Sun newspaper. “How can it be anything else?

“As I have said many times, now I am an Arsenal player, but everyone knows that many things have happened at the club recently that were not supposed to happen,” added the Frenchman, referring to vice-chairman David Dein’s departure in April.

“In terms of Mr Dein leaving the club, the bosses and a lot of players at the club have been unsettled.

“So the only thing I can tell you is right now I am an Arsenal player, but I cannot deny it’s nice to hear about Milan,” added the Barcelona target.

The 29-year-old signed a four-year contract with Arsenal last year which suggested he would end his career with the London outfit.

However, he has since been plagued by injuries and has grown frustrated at Arsenal’s inability to compete for the Premiership title.

“It’s always the same top four and I’m actually getting annoyed that we’re finishing at the end of the top four now,” he said recently, fuelling speculation that a summer move may be on the cards.

channel4

!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) !!

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:56 PM