> Inzaghi out of the Champions League

Zed.D
post Sep 7 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #106

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 7 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Exactly what I suspected, you don't seem to get it .. I wish he would just stop playing. It wasn't worth all the pain and agony that he went through for you guys, you just turn your back on him.

So the reason Pippo is so angry at being excluded from the list and isn't talking to anyone in Milanello is because he was deprived of serving us Milan fans and he's oh so sad about it... thanks for reminding me. I thought it had more something to do with his personal ambitions (which isn't a bad thing at all).

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 05:34 PM) *
Haha, I don't think even you believe in what you said. No, he has not the advantage over anyone and yes he has a disadvantage - at the same time he has a big motivational advantage. Just remember Real Madrid. I'm convinced that he could do such things again with his motivation, and that gives him the edge over a match-tired Ibra or a inconsistent Pato or Robinho. Every of those guys has a disadvantage, and Pippo's clearly is his health, but I don't think any of the 4 strikers would mind Pippo playing 30 minutes against BATE.

You don't think coming back from a n-month injury has anything to do with his exclusion? fine, but I think it does. let's just move on, OK?

Surely if Pippo proves to be in a good condition again, he will be added to the list in January. there'll be potentially a few games left.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Sep 7 2011, 04:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 7 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #107

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Yeah, potentially, if Allegri doesn't scr@w up and let Pilsen go through instead.

You don't think coming back from a n-month injury doesn't have to do anything with his exclusion? fine, but I think it does. let's just move on, OK?

It certainly does have to do with it, why wouldn't it think so? I don't get what you mean?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 7 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #108

Primavera

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 07:29 PM) *
Yeah, potentially, if Allegri doesn't scr@w up and let Pilsen go through instead.

Come on now. even without a coach we should be able to beat those teams! (to the 2nd spot)
It certainly does have to do with it, why wouldn't it think so? I don't get what you mean?

I don't get what you guys mean. he was excluded and Max had a reason or two for it. so, what's the problem?

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Sep 7 2011, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 7 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #109

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 01:04 PM) *
Well, you should try to be a bit less biased. It's not only nostalgic - hey, we actually won the scudetto with Rino, Ambro, Clarence, Pippo, Sandro and the others. So saying it's not realistic to expect us winning with them is self-redundant. I'm not gonna argue weather we've won with them or, like some would say, despite them - fact stays - the all contributed to the victory.

So a modus vivendi including both the senators and the new players and youngsters is possible, and there is no reason to label fans nostalgic only because they appreciate times that only happened a moment ago. Sometimes you make me feel like I'm speaking about Gianni Rivera and Lorenzo Buffon, not Pippo or Ambro.

I think appreciation of history and records is a important part of Milan, or at least was. I think that exactly such small and unimportant steps, like paying Redondo his wages even if he was terribly injured or picking up Ibrahim Ba from a third-class team back to Serie A is what Milan makes Milan; those steps may seem comic to some, even unwise, but in the end they create and form a mentality and atmosphere that is unique.

The age doesn't really factor into it for me, have I ever said anything about Nesta? No, simply because he's still great, therefore he should be playing. In fact Nesta was a huge part of winning it. Rino on the other hand was not, we played with a ghost on the right side of midfield and I don't even know how you would even begin to deny this. Seedorf is a different matter, he's still a genius as long as he's not tired or bored, if either of those things occur then we have issues with him, but then again, that's always been the case with Seedorf.

You can be nostalgic for something that happened yesterday, and imo some of the senators in the team have gotten way past their expiry date, yet they continue to trudge on, whether it's for their own personal benefit or because they cannot let go, I don't know, but at some point you have to say enough. Pippo might still have a few big goals left in him, but what else? He's not fit, injury prone and we have 4 other strikers who come in ahead of him. Sure 30 minutes against the Czech team or whoever wouldn't have hurt anyone, but surely Allegri must have had a reason for keeping him out.

As for winning with them, sure we were able to carry someone like Rino in the league, but look where that got us in the CL, and we'll end up the same way this season if Allegri continues to insist on it.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 01:04 PM) *
It's easy to be wise from a sofa or chair, but I'm always trying to understand people. In the end, everyone acts childish and everyone has feelings, I don't think we're in a position to judge those people because we know to little of what actually is happening or happened.

It isn't, but his will and morale would be immensely important to Milan in those matches.

Had this behaviour been carried out by anyone else on the team aside from a select few, you wouldn't have condoned it. Fact here is, Pippo should be an example, and if the reports are true then imo he should be ashamed. Like I said, he might have done a lot for Milan, but Milan has done a lot for Pippo as well. Let's not forget all the other serious injuries Pippo has gotten and Milan have always stuck by him

And no it's not a sofa, it's an office chair, it swivels, has wheels and everything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Sep 7 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #110

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,716

I'm also free to express mine, Fillipo, even when you don't agree with it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 7 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #111

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Sep 7 2011, 06:53 PM) *
I'm also free to express mine, Fillipo, even when you don't agree with it.

Did I said anything different? Absurd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 7 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #112

Primavera
Group Icon

He's not fit, injury prone and we have 4 other strikers who come in ahead of him. Sure 30 minutes against the Czech team or whoever wouldn't have hurt anyone, but surely Allegri must have had a reason for keeping him out.

Are you sure? I think it's Allegris smallclub mentality, and nothing more: he's done it with Pirlo, to an instant also to Ambro and now to Pippo. I don't think Pippo is a saint either, but IMO this whole talk could have been avoided with him being selected instead of Gattuso. No one would be hurt, no one would complain.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 7 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #113

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Inzaghi, and they still don't get it .. I wonder why the San Siro exploded on the 14th of May 2011.

He has a right to be pissed at Allegri, and I don't blame him one bit! Especially after coming back from his last injury, the gaffer has his ideas, but it all boils down to Inzaghi's motivational factors being suppressed. And yes turn a blind eye on this matter, its not like his sentiments mean anything to you. Specifically after proving you wrong time and again.

But what do you care, now that you have Ibra, Pato, Robinho and Cassano (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Sep 7 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #114

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 02:03 PM) *
Did I said anything different? Absurd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

DID I? I was simply saying not to act like it was the end of the world and you come in here and tell me that somehow that translated into me telling him his opinion wasn't warranted, which it is. Something tells me that if you agreed with me on this stance you would've NEVER posted that. Just because you don't like me, doesn't give you the right to act like that.

@R7: If in any way you feel like your opinion was unwanted, Sorry. That was not the intention of my post, though I have a feeling you already knew that.

And in response to your post: Inzaghi has a right to be mad. Sure. De Sciglio over him? Yea thats crazy. But to walk around and not talk to anyone at Milanello? That's acting like a baby and he needs to man up. I don't think anyone on here doubts what Inzaghi has done for this club.

This post has been edited by Dracoris: Sep 7 2011, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 7 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #115

Primavera
Group Icon

DID I? I was simply saying not to act like it was the end of the world and you come in here and tell me that somehow that translated into me telling him his opinion wasn't warranted, which it is. Something tells me that if you agreed with me on this stance you would've NEVER posted that. Just because you don't like me, doesn't give you the right to act like that.

What are you talking about?? Honestly?? Who said I don't like you? How do you know what I'd post or not? I mean no disrespect but quit being a drama Queen - in this sentence you did. Anyway, let's move on, no hard feelings.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 7 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #116

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Are you sure? I think it's Allegris smallclub mentality, and nothing more: he's done it with Pirlo, to an instant also to Ambro and now to Pippo. I don't think Pippo is a saint either, but IMO this whole talk could have been avoided with him being selected instead of Gattuso. No one would be hurt, no one would complain.

I don't think so, and I think in general, people tend to blame Allegri too much on this forum.

Fact is, Pippo is not fit and played only about 30-40 minutes of pre season, and even that was a month and a half ago. And he's coming from a difficult injury that not easy to comeback from at his age. Nobody here knows what his physical condition is at this moment, and based on set backs he's having in this preason, it's not that great. So the gamble that Rino, even with his ban, will be available for about the the same CL games as Pippo, or even more, is not that big. It's not such a wild decision, and Allegri made it clear that if Pippo will be fit and in a decent shape, he might add him to the list after the winter transfer window.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 7 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #117

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 7 2011, 10:28 PM) *
I don't think so, and I think in general, people tend to blame Allegri too much on this forum.

Fact is, Pippo is not fit and played only about 30-40 minutes of pre season, and even that was a month and a half ago. And he's coming from a difficult injury that not easy to comeback from at his age. Nobody here knows what his physical condition is at this moment, and based on set backs he's having in this preason, it's not that great. So the gamble that Rino, even with his ban, will be available for about the the same CL games as Pippo, or even more, is not that big. It's not such a wild decision, and Allegri made it clear that if Pippo will be fit and in a decent shape, he might add him to the list after the winter transfer window.

This.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 8 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #118

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I don't really think Allegri likes Pippo. He doesn't seem to like any player who cannot hustle. If you see Pippo play it can be maddening.

Except for that moment of magic when he puts the ball into the net and celebrates like a lunatic, you'll think you're playing with 10 men. On the other hand Rino has nothing but hustle. And Allegri seems to love it. So I have to put up with a man for whom after last season's antics my respect has dropped 200%.

Pippo being disrespectful for walking around without talking to people? Last season he signed an extension with the understanding that he was doing so in an attempt to break the goalscoring record. He's given enough and more to Milan, and the club isn't carrying him like they did Ba.

Disrespectful is if in a press conference you diss a coach's decision. Disrespectful is if you humiliate the colours you're wearing on the field of play. Disrespectful is if you act like a common hooligan just to trumpet your own decision.

Going by that yardstick...Rino is far more disrespectful than Pippo ever has been.

Right now you're assuming that Pippo is a d!ck for not talking to anyone...like he's been doing that for 2 days before the report came out and still is. Well, I assume I can think that Allegri acted like a jackass in letting Pippo find out only when the teamlist came out that he was not selected. This is a man who's done more for the club than Allegri ever has btw.... so...I can actually understand and forgive Pippo his moment of sulk. So I think if there had at least been the decency to talk to him beforehand this unfortunate situation could have been avoided. In fact wasn't it after the press blew it up, that Allegri said he would talk to Pippo and pick him up if he is fit yada yada yada....

Filipo is right..once again Allegri with his small club mentality is showing cluelessness in dealing with players. He is painting himself into a position where he will have to keep winning to keep the team united. The moment things get derailed he's going to lose that dressing room.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 8 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #119

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 7 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Well, you should try to be a bit less biased. It's not only nostalgic - hey, we actually won the scudetto with Rino, Ambro, Clarence, Pippo, Sandro and the others. So saying it's not realistic to expect us winning with them is self-redundant. I'm not gonna argue weather we've won with them or, like some would say, despite them - fact stays - the all contributed to the victory.

So a modus vivendi including both the senators and the new players and youngsters is possible, and there is no reason to label fans nostalgic only because they appreciate times that only happened a moment ago. Sometimes you make me feel like I'm speaking about Gianni Rivera and Lorenzo Buffon, not Pippo or Ambro.

I think appreciation of history and records is a important part of Milan, or at least was. I think that exactly such small and unimportant steps, like paying Redondo his wages even if he was terribly injured or picking up Ibrahim Ba from a third-class team back to Serie A is what Milan makes Milan; those steps may seem comic to some, even unwise, but in the end they create and form a mentality and atmosphere that is unique.

It's easy to be wise from a sofa or chair, but I'm always trying to understand people. In the end, everyone acts childish and everyone has feelings, I don't think we're in a position to judge those people because we know to little of what actually is happening or happened.

It isn't, but his will and morale would be immensely important to Milan in those matches.

Haha, I don't think even you believe in what you said. No, he has not the advantage over anyone and yes he has a disadvantage - at the same time he has a big motivational advantage. Just remember Real Madrid. I'm convinced that he could do such things again with his motivation, and that gives him the edge over a match-tired Ibra or a inconsistent Pato or Robinho. Every of those guys has a disadvantage, and Pippo's clearly is his health, but I don't think any of the 4 strikers would mind Pippo playing 30 minutes against BATE.

Its sad how things change so fast Fillipo; people telling Inzaghi to act professional and not show disrespect to the club. Pippo of all people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I don't know what Allegri's motive was, and frankly I don't care if it was a technical decision or a decision based on the player's health ... I just can not come to terms with it! Totally uncouth.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 8 2011, 08:04 AM) *
I don't really think Allegri likes Pippo. He doesn't seem to like any player who cannot hustle. If you see Pippo play it can be maddening.

Except for that moment of magic when he puts the ball into the net and celebrates like a lunatic, you'll think you're playing with 10 men. On the other hand Rino has nothing but hustle. And Allegri seems to love it. So I have to put up with a man for whom after last season's antics my respect has dropped 200%.

Pippo being disrespectful for walking around without talking to people? Last season he signed an extension with the understanding that he was doing so in an attempt to break the goalscoring record. He's given enough and more to Milan, and the club isn't carrying him like they did Ba.

Disrespectful is if in a press conference you diss a coach's decision. Disrespectful is if you humiliate the colours you're wearing on the field of play. Disrespectful is if you act like a common hooligan just to trumpet your own decision.

Going by that yardstick...Rino is far more disrespectful than Pippo ever has been.

Right now you're assuming that Pippo is a d!ck for not talking to anyone...like he's been doing that for 2 days before the report came out and still is. Well, I assume I can think that Allegri acted like a jackass in letting Pippo find out only when the teamlist came out that he was not selected. This is a man who's done more for the club than Allegri ever has btw.... so...I can actually understand and forgive Pippo his moment of sulk. So I think if there had at least been the decency to talk to him beforehand this unfortunate situation could have been avoided. In fact wasn't it after the press blew it up, that Allegri said he would talk to Pippo and pick him up if he is fit yada yada yada....

Filipo is right..once again Allegri with his small club mentality is showing cluelessness in dealing with players. He is painting himself into a position where he will have to keep winning to keep the team united. The moment things get derailed he's going to lose that dressing room.

+1

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 8 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #120

Primavera

"We can't behave like crocodiles and cry over spilled milk and broken eggs."

Interesting quote.

-

On a side note, it's laughable to constantly accuse Allegri of having a small club mentality when he's just won a Scudetto with Milan.

I think quite the contrary, in this case small club mentality would be Allegri fearing to exclude Pippo from his list even though he thinks technically it's the right decision. and I don't for a second but the BS that he doesn't like Pippo. he must have had technical reasons for it, esp Pippo's fitness.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:41 AM