> WC 2018/2022

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #46

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 2 2010, 04:35 PM) *
This is the biggest joke in the history of FIFA. Russia, OK, their country is way too huge and no one wants to go to places like Wladiwostock and they have no decent stadium...
But Qatar? They could have just as well given the WC to Liechtenstein. The temperatures in Qatar are going to kill the players, there is no infrastructure (stadiums) and there will be no need for 10 massive stadiums after the WC.

England, Spain, Portugal? Hey, that's just countries with great stadiums, great fans and decent infrastructure.

Haha, go f*ck yourself Blatter.

Thankyou!

I think a few people will have to stop there "Kurt and Ash are just biased.." posts after you've said this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #47

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 2 2010, 04:36 PM) *
Poland is OK, but the Ukraine?

At least they have Sheva (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ! Someone, name me one Qatar player? (without Googling) it's a joke.

Poland have massive problems still though, ever seen Wisla Krakow's firm?!

Thankyou!

I think a few people will have to stop there "Kurt and Ash are just biased.." posts after you've said this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The thing is, I'm not bothered about us losing overall to Russia, so if any clown posts a response like that in a few hours I will point them back to this. The issue is mainly, Qatar, how is that possible? (our country wasn't even involved in 2022). The other thing is how can we be bottom, with a staggeringly low 4 votes, really, honestly? Ok, we didn't win but that is surely corruption of some sort.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Dec 2 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #48

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

Well, Poland is not perfect, but the fans of some eastern german clubs are scary as well. Qatar....can someone even name a city there despite Doha?

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #49

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 2 2010, 04:41 PM) *
Well, Poland is not perfect, but the fans of some eastern german clubs are scary as well. Qatar....can someone even name a city there despite Doha?

Not Perfect? When Krakow play their Derby (forgot who against) the police have to have helicopters & heavy armed vehicles! Some parts have a pact I think which prevents weapons, more importantly deaths. However, if FIFA come out and say anything about last night I guess they need to remember stuff like this.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #50

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 2 2010, 04:39 PM) *
The thing is, I'm not bothered about us losing overall to Russia, so if any clown posts a response like that in a few hours I will point them back to this. The issue is mainly, Qatar, how is that possible? (our country wasn't even involved in 2022). The other thing is how can we be bottom, with a staggeringly low 4 votes, really, honestly? Ok, we didn't win but that is surely corruption of some sort.

While I agree Russia is more 'acceptable' than Qatar, they have no stadia! Over half of their venues haven't even been built yet and the majority of Russian cities are just very poor and quite clearly not capable of hosting a World Cup. Outside of Moscow, Kazan and St. Petersburg, I'm not sure they really have a great host City.

4 votes is a little suspicious isn't it? I think it needs to be out in the open, holding a vote worth billions behind closed doors is just not acceptable in this day and age.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 2 2010, 04:46 PM) *
Not Perfect? When Krakow play their Derby (forgot who against) the police have to have helicopters & heavy armed vehicles! Some parts have a pact I think which prevents weapons, more importantly deaths. However, if FIFA come out and say anything about last night I guess they need to remember stuff like this.

Yeah, but they're not English.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #51

Berretti
Group Icon

Ah I wish our broadcasters were like the Americans.

LMAO 2 votes. F you FIFA, this is ridiculous.

Apparently it's because we've hosted it before, what about the Germans, Italians and obviously the French?!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #52

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 2 2010, 04:55 PM) *
Ah man I wish our broadcasters were like the Americans.

"We did not get the World Cup, America.. it went to Cutter"

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 2 2010, 04:55 PM) *
LMAO 2 votes. F you FIFA, this is ridiculous.

Hmmm..

Anyways, congrats to Russia and Qatar. At least if they're as bad as SA chances of another risk country getting it are very unlikely.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Dec 2 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #53

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

When there's a lot to build and huge amounts of money are involved = more money will get their way to fifa people. England had the best bid by far but they are already have everything in place = less money to fifa people.

Fifa is as corrupt as it gets and Qatar choice shows that once again.

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjlZw9NGSlU...player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wQy4eT4M9I...player_embedded

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Dec 2 2010, 06:08 PM

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Dec 2 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #54

Berretti
Group Icon

Well, I think England fans are going to be a nightmare in FIFA tournaments now, at least while Blatter is still in charge.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #55

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 2 2010, 05:03 PM) *
Well, I think England fans are going to be a nightmare in FIFA tournaments now, at least while Blatter is still in charge.

I think nightmare is putting it lightly.

Despite getting 100% in every aspect of the reports, we only get 2 votes - one of them votes being the English vote! I've said it in the past and people just wave it off, there is absoloute no question there is bias, whether it be through bribery or another form it doesn't matter.

If it's true that it's because we've hosted it before it's a joke, especially as they've just given Brazil a 2nd WC.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #56

Prima Squadra

2018 FIFA World Cup™

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes (as no absolute majority was reached, the candidate with least amount of votes, England, was eliminated)

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtained an absolute majority)

2022 FIFA World Cup™

Round 1: Australia 1 vote, Japan 3 votes, Korea Republic 4 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 3 votes (Australia eliminated)

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 10 votes and USA 5 votes (Japan eliminated)

Round 3: Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 6 votes (Korea Republic eliminated)

Round 4: Qatar 14 votes and USA 8 votes (Qatar obtained an absolute majority)

So a total of 6 votes for the US, England and Australia. I think it's time to break the monopoly that is FIFA, there's no point in countries as big as these being part of an organisation that clearly doesn't like them.

Belgian Head Coach: "Russia 2018, Qatar 2022. The only real loser is football"

Qatar aren't even on FIFA 11 FFS.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Dec 2 2010, 06:32 PM

+Quote Post

servbot
post Dec 2 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #57

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

I'm pretty disappointed by the results here too, but I think FIFA's goal, other than corruption of course, is to expand to "younger" markets with their hosts. It seems a pattern where they go to an established football country, then to a new one...at least dating back how I remember

USA - 94 (at the time football was VERY unknown here)
France - 98
Korea/Japan - 02
Germany - 06
S. Africa - 10
Brazil - 14
Russia - 18

Which does make the Qatar pick odd...by the pattern they would have selected an established country.

Going to have to plan for a trip to Brazil in 4 years...I want to see a WC, but was hoping I wouldn't have to go on a trip to do it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #58

Prima Squadra

Just had a good look at the Qatar bid.

Only 12 stadia as opposed to the usual 16. 6 of those stadia will be in 1 place, Doha. How does this not have disaster written all over it? That's potentially 12 sets of fans all in the same City at once and Doha isn't even that big! That could be a nightmare if a few of the bigger nations are all there at once.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Dec 2 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #59

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Hate to do this to ya Kurt, but I had gone back into the general football discussion thread, because I thought that one video I posted of the terrible open goal miss involved Qatar...and I saw this from you there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 24 2010, 10:23 AM) *
Not long until the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are announced. I would be more confident, given that we have the best bud, but FIFA have already proven to be corrupt so I think it'll go to Russia.

2022 should undoubtedly go to Oz or Qatar, but it won't, because moneys involved.

You called the Russia bid though. 1/2 isn't Paul the Octopus (RIP) level, but not bad.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 2 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #60

Prima Squadra

I changed my mind later on as you well know!

President Obama "It was the wrong decision". I have never known a reaction like this before! It's generally accepted that a certain bid is the best one and that one will usually win. It's been like that since as long as I remember for both WC and Euro competitions.

Yet for this, pretty much everyone involved is not happy, except for the winners.

EDIT: FIFA states no city can have more than 2 stadiums - so why is Doha allowed 6? It's not even a big City! FIFA are just making themselves look like clown over this, they're changing their rules and literally bending over.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Dec 2 2010, 07:18 PM

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:05 PM