> Serie A - All Matches - Milan - Napoli, Date: 15/04/18 Time: 15:00 CET

William405
post Feb 25 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #166

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 26 2018, 12:50 AM) *
Wow, what a performance! Very well organized, defensively outstanding, quick to push forward. Gattuso is doing wonders. We're looking like a team now. I would have never imagined that we'd win at the Olimpico against Roma, yet it happened. I finally felt the tension of wanting to win a game so badly after a long time.

MoM? Romagnoli, by far and large. One of the best defensive performances I've seen from anyone in a while.

Check this out. Next fixture:

Milan-Inter
Lazio-Juventus
Napoli-Roma

It's like a godsend. Have to win the Derby now!

Ah wow. If we win the derby, and Juventus/Napoli win there games...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 25 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #167

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 25 2018, 10:53 PM) *
What a perfect performance!

Made me so happy to see the defence at the back. I think we're back to our old ways with respect to that back four. Romagnoli-Bonucci partnership is just gold. Allegri said something right once,(yeah yeah I know) that you start building a winning team from the back. And, I believe this is what we have! A golden defence with one of the most talented goalkeepers out there.

I thought, Suso and Hakan were good. Hakan was unlucky not to have his passes finished such as the Borini chance. And, the Suso-Cutrone link-up is becoming a habit now! Reminded me of Cutrone's goal against Inter. Our midfield was also good, I feel Kessie is sometimes too relaxed. But, usually, he is workhorse to have in the midfield. We saw his importance in the first goal, where he was a point of reference.

Great game, tough fixtures ahead. But, we certainly are going the right way.

Calabria has also been outstanding one of our best players since Rino came on. He's been so consistently good, I honestly don't see where Conti will fit into this now. Calabria simply has to start.

As for Hakan and Suso. I really thought both looked a bit slow all game. A bit of tiredness is definitely creeping into the legs now. Same for Kessie, what looked relaxed at times was imo tiredness. He works so hard all game, you can understand. I feel like we should sit him out again against Lazio, go for a 4-4-2

Play something along the lines of

Calabria--Bonucci--Romagnoli--Rodriguez
Borini--Monto--Biglia--Bona
Silva--Kalinic

Have our key guys sit without taking too much of a hit in quality so they can be fresh for Inter

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 25 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #168

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 26 2018, 01:01 AM) *
Calabria has also been outstanding one of our best players since Rino came on. He's been so consistently good, I honestly don't see where Conti will fit into this now. Calabria simply has to start.

As for Hakan and Suso. I really thought both looked a bit slow all game. A bit of tiredness is definitely creeping into the legs now. Same for Kessie, what looked relaxed at times was imo tiredness. He works so hard all game, you can understand. I feel like we should sit him out again against Lazio, go for a 4-4-2

Play something along the lines of

Calabria--Bonucci--Romagnoli--Rodriguez
Borini--Monto--Biglia--Bona
Silva--Kalinic

Have our key guys sit without taking too much of a hit in quality so they can be fresh for Inter

It does seem like a good balance for the Lazio game. We would rest some important players without losing so much quality. I like that you didn't play with the defence, it's important to keep it going the same. Let's see what Gattuso does. I'm quite excited!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 25 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #169

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Silva has to become more useful for us and against Lazio he should get the nod. Not that I have any faith in him, but he really should get the chance and Suso/Cutrone/Hakan should be rested.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 25 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #170

Primavera
Group Icon

Oh and wow, very good match. Very good balance, Ringo doing a good job so far. I doubted him at first, but now he's really showing some big steps for us.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 26 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #171

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 25 2018, 11:07 PM) *
It does seem like a good balance for the Lazio game. We would rest some important players without losing so much quality. I like that you didn't play with the defence, it's important to keep it going the same. Let's see what Gattuso does. I'm quite excited!

Yep, plus I was mostly looking at who seemed to be a bit slower compared to the others. The defence is rock solid atm, and unless there's an injury it shouldn't be messed with and I feel like Rino agrees with this as well. Romagnoli and Bonucci are finally clicking, just like the rest of the team, so they should be given as much game time as possible.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 25 2018, 11:12 PM) *
Silva has to become more useful for us and against Lazio he should get the nod. Not that I have any faith in him, but he really should get the chance and Suso/Cutrone/Hakan should be rested.

I think Silva is super talented, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest here. He reminds me of Sheva in terms of style. The problem is that his confidence is completely shot. He needs time and support. Most players under Montella looked absolutely useless. Biglia is finally looking like the player he was at Lazio, Kessie is living up to all the promise he showed at Atalanta, Bonucci is looking like the confident CB he was at Juve and the list goes on. Silva will also show what he's capable of in time imo. The problem is that atm Cutrone is just on fire, and since only one striker can play, it has to be him

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 26 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #172

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I think of all the new players that are playing regularly, Biglia is the one that is severely lacking. He adds very little to our game, mostly simple passes to teammates close by. Plus he's slow at reacting and loses the ball a bit too often. That's something we've been criticizing Montolivo for years. In fact, I'd prefer Montolivo to him right now.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 27 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #173

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 25 2018, 11:22 PM) *
When was the last time we went to Rome and got a result against Roma? I honestly cannot remember a single game we won against them this side of our Scudetto season.

We're playing better but I'm just not very hopeful about tonight

Sorry for being a downer!

Ahm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Rino is changing the tides, it is evident since he took over. Even through our draws you see an actual team fighting. Is it only with 3points that you'll applaud him? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

His work is clearly evident and has him on a positive run since the turn of 2018.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 27 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #174

Maybe we can start opening individual match threads now again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 27 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #175

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 26 2018, 11:06 PM) *
I think of all the new players that are playing regularly, Biglia is the one that is severely lacking. He adds very little to our game, mostly simple passes to teammates close by. Plus he's slow at reacting and loses the ball a bit too often. That's something we've been criticizing Montolivo for years. In fact, I'd prefer Montolivo to him right now.

Naah, man, you simply forgot how Montolivo was/is bad. The thing is, Montolivo at his prime was much more talented and I would dare saying better then Biglia ever was or will be. Therefore Monto from time to time looks solid when he's rested and has one game in 15 days to play. But for a starting position - no. Biglia is and always will be average, no question IMO. You guys knew that from day one; as soon as Milan got linked with Biglia we started saying that he's overrated, overprized and not the answer for our midfield. But as time went by you guys adopted a more benevolent viewpoint.

Anyway, my biggest disappointments so far are Silva and Rodriguez. Why? Well, I knew Kalinić and Biglia are average to good at best. They can come in handy, but ain't the players that make impact on the team overall. Kessie and Conti always were gambles but I still have hopes that Kessie will surpass his (so far) consistent problems. Hakan; I knew him very well; he's a one-trick pony with mood swings; in absence of more creative players he'll do the trick, but not often, not consistently. Silva maybe has lots of talent, but I just don't see any killer instinct, any freshness or passion in him. And the problem is, I've also seen him play a bit for Porto and Portugal and it's always the same: scoring easy goals, sometimes missing sitters, doing his job quietly and correct but with no special impact on the game.

Rodriguez has mostly been praised here and I had high hopes. But for a 25 year old player he's painfully slow which makes him less explosive and his good sides less useful for us.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2018, 09:56 PM) *
Maybe we can start opening individual match threads now again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Or maybe we don't jinx our current run?

How many of us posters are even left here? Not even a dozen I suppose.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 27 2018, 11:54 PM
Post #176

Rodriguez, really? I think he's been very, very good thus far. Defensively solid, always pushing forward, relentless. Can't see how you view him as a disappointment. He might not be as quick as Calabria or Conti, but that's just the type of player he is.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Feb 28 2018, 12:58 AM
Post #177

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I'm with X-Off here, I know RR doesn't have the pace to burn down those wings but he has good positional sense and the ability to whip in a cross. I think he has been good thus far.

For me, Biglia and Kalinic were kind of blown money. That said, I don't think anyone anticipated the rise of Cutrone. Biglia provides some stability but is really just a stopgap until we find a true anchor to build that midfield around. He is playing much better now, although he still gives possession away cheaply and doesn't add much.

I think there was a lot of weight on Montolivo with that armband. He started to slump right after he got it but he played well the few chances he has gotten this season. Gattuso has worked wonders with some of the other players though. Hakan has been more decisive since the change and the stability, and Kessie is a monster in midfield. Have to remember that he is ~21. He is immense when he is shutting someone down aka Naingolan this weekend, and he has that fire to get forward like he used to at Atalanta.

The backbone of this team is and will be our young players rebuilding the fire that was lost for a while there. I think we need to keep integrating young players and trying to promote them when they show some promise.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 28 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #178

Nobody watching?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 28 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #179

Primavera
Group Icon

I'm watching. Lazio tactically very agile but risky. If only Calabria and Rodriguez would pass better and with more precision.

Overall, I'm not having a good feeling about this one but who knows...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 28 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #180

Man, those through balls. Our players never see the openings. So many good chances.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:43 AM